Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2012, 14:45   #106
BHPian

Re: The new Skoda Fabia 1.6 comes home!

Can anyone please guide me on where to locate the pollen filter in the 1.6 & the recommended method to clean it? Recently the air conditioning has been throwing up some foul smell on start up.
Old 10th July 2012, 15:15   #107
Senior - BHPian

Well , glad that you managed to atleast change them there and then!

No , i have not changed the flaps yet , i am happy running without any in the front for now - a trip to the center just for flaps is not something i am going to do , they are all considerably far from my place hence will get them done when there is a stronger reason.

The third screw makes sense - the best fit would be ensured through that , post a picture of the new flaps if you have time/is convenient

And do give an update on the arm rest - delivery time , final cost etc , thats been one thing which , you are aware, has been on my mind in terms getting it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
I do not know whether you have changed the flaps yet. Ironically, I had to - last weekend. I made a trip there to the service center to check on the status of an order for a front armrest that I had raised with them almost 2 weeks ago.

Just when I reached the service center, the left front mudflap decided to give away. The decision was instant. Replace all four. While watching the job done carefully, I realize that the flaps that were on were all need one screw lesser than what the OEm ones needed. The fit is perfect now. Although it set me back by about 1200rs. I could have done it myself and saved on the labour charge of 400rs had I been a little more patient while making that decision.
Old 14th July 2012, 13:46   #108
Senior - BHPian

I had time on my hands today and the wife was out so decided to finally open up the air filter compartment - pretty easy to do actually , all it takes is for 5 screws to be removed

Air filter was filthy , i dont know about the other models but in the 1.6 the filter is quite big and shaped like an accordion - most of the flaps ( for lack of a better word) were dirty , about 70% of the area in the flaps was brown and the remaining clean - and i have only driven about 4000 Kms so far.

Personally i am going to be this changed well before the first service , i dont think an interval of 15000 kms / 1 year is prudent in the type of cities we drive in , ideally a smaller service at 7000-7500 Kms would be good so things like the filter can atleast be examined/changed.

Tried cleaning it to the best of my abilities but did not make much of a difference. Should have taken some pictures in retrospect for everyones reference here , shall do when i replace

Any idea , anyone , on the approx price for the replacement air filter , stock.

Last edited by puchoo : 14th July 2012 at 13:52.
Old 17th July 2012, 10:38   #109
Senior - BHPian

Whats the status on your arm rest order - has to be one of the most widely discussed accessories with respect to the Fabia!

Quote:
I. I made a trip there to the service center to check on the status of an order for a front armrest that I had raised with them almost 2 weeks ago.
Old 17th July 2012, 15:32   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Whats the status on your arm rest order - has to be one of the most widely discussed accessories with respect to the Fabia!
Still in queue. Waiting, my friend.
Old 17th July 2012, 18:20   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Still in queue. Waiting, my friend.

So long!! How can they possibly take so much time in getting you an arm rest!
Old 17th July 2012, 18:33   #112
BHPian

Quote:

I understand. Surprisingly, every spare part is imported from Czech. Even the mudflaps had a sticker on it saying "Imported from Czech June 2012". I wonder what the Chakan plant is for then? If the spares aren't manufactured here, that itself explains why they cost so much!!!
Old 18th July 2012, 11:16   #113
Senior - BHPian

Should have the sense to maintain a bare minimum inventory stock atleast - is this specific to the dealership you are speaking to , or did you ask others in the Delhi/ NCR region and all had the same issue ?

On a different note FINALLY i get to take the car out on a long drive , heading off to Himachal tomorrow for a last minute trip - will get about 900 Kms worth of driving done in the next 3 days!!

Quote:
I understand. Surprisingly, every spare part is imported from Czech. Even the mudflaps had a sticker on it saying "Imported from Czech June 2012". I wonder what the Chakan plant is for then? If the spares aren't manufactured here, that itself explains why they cost so much!!!
Old 18th July 2012, 13:49   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

On a different note FINALLY i get to take the car out on a long drive , heading off to Himachal tomorrow for a last minute trip - will get about 900 Kms worth of driving done in the next 3 days!!
Hey puchoo, Drive safe on your "Last Minute Long Drive" !!

This only means that you will have another go at penning down your experience with your Fab(ulous) Czech.

My Brother is on the lookout for a hot hatch and he is pretty much convinced about the Polo 1.6. I would love to get your view on the Fab 1.6, just so that I can confuse or convince him further.
Old 18th July 2012, 14:17   #115
Senior - BHPian

Will definitely be penning down , for lack of a better word , review of my experience with this car on the highway , to a large degree i am already aware of how she will handle on the straights ( having driven on the Delhi - expressway considerably during the last 6 months ) , more keen on gauging how she moves on the hills - some of the other reviews have given very positive feedback on the car on such terrain and i cant wait to start climbing.

Also get a chance to experience the new pinjore-Timber trail bypass which has come up , lovely looking tarmac from the pictures i have seen so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey puchoo, Drive safe on your "Last Minute Long Drive" !!

This only means that you will have another go at penning down your experience with your Fab(ulous) Czech.

My Brother is on the lookout for a hot hatch and he is pretty much convinced about the Polo 1.6. I would love to get your view on the Fab 1.6, just so that I can confuse or convince him further.
Old 18th July 2012, 16:12   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Will definitely be penning down , for lack of a better word , review of my experience with this car on the highway , to a large degree i am already aware of how she will handle on the straights ( having driven on the Delhi - expressway considerably during the last 6 months ) , more keen on gauging how she moves on the hills - some of the other reviews have given very positive feedback on the car on such terrain and i cant wait to start climbing.

Also get a chance to experience the new pinjore-Timber trail bypass which has come up , lovely looking tarmac from the pictures i have seen so far!
Best of luck for your trip, Puchoo.

So, off to Shimla? Do share your experience with the car.
Old 18th July 2012, 16:37   #117
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a ton!!! yes , Shimla and a little beyond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Best of luck for your trip, Puchoo.

So, off to Shimla? Do share your experience with the car.
Old 18th July 2012, 18:16   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Should have the sense to maintain a bare minimum inventory stock atleast - is this specific to the dealership you are speaking to , or did you ask others in the Delhi/ NCR region and all had the same issue ?

Wow! Wish you a safe, memorable and FABIAulous trip puchoo. Limit those revs to below 3000rpm for a long trip. Of course, some open roads demand a need to stretch your and her legs, but keep them short. And yes, if the terrain is no good, be careful to not scrape your bottom.

As for the spares, I think it's generally the case. Do you have a different experience to share? Maybe <rajcs> does. I don't hear from him often these days.
Old 18th July 2012, 21:00   #119
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Memphes!! Nopes i dont have any experience to share........ yet!!

Yes , will be easy on the car but will have some fun too - 3000 RPM noted, but anyway 2500 RPM @ 4th/5th i am sure will = pretty good speeds anyway!

Quote:
Wow! Wish you a safe, memorable and FABIAulous trip puchoo. Limit those revs to below 3000rpm for a long trip. Of course, some open roads demand a need to stretch your and her legs, but keep them short. And yes, if the terrain is no good, be careful to not scrape your bottom.

As for the spares, I think it's generally the case. Do you have a different experience to share? Maybe <rajcs> does. I don't hear from him often these days.
Old 23rd July 2012, 15:02   #120
BHPian

Quote:

Just wanted to give you an update on this. Landed in deceit and bailed out. Initially they told me that the armrest (incl taxes) comes at about 10000/- which sounded ok to me.

Just today I get a call from the dealer saying that is the price for jus the armrest and then I need to buy additional bushes and spares to install the armrest. Altogether, would total to about 18100/- it seems.. Now, that's definitely not worth it. But, I've made a point to myself that my next car comes with an armrest by default.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks