Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 22:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP's first Mahindra Scorpio LX 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Except for the 4WD switch, i dont think there would be anything different on the 4WD LX, as against the 2WD LX version. That also certainly means no 3rd row A/C.
I agree with that Ben. Comparing to Shankar's post above, i would like to see 3-row AC mandatory on all mahindra SUVs.

i personally belive in the fact "why should the 3rd row guy be penalized". He too should get a fair share of the AC.
Old 28th December 2011, 22:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats
She looks great,and true VFM 4X4 IMHO.
Arey they offering 4X4 in SLE too now?
Would make sense since it comes with ABS.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 11:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
congrats!!!

IMO just black out those fake tail light extensions.
it will give your scorpio more gangsta look too.

rgds,
Nikhil
Thanks buddy , Bro you read my mind i guess , this was just the thing i was planning on as one of the mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Congrats...

Assuming you are planning for the himalayan trip with wife - and having a monstor in sheeps clothing - put a good 60-70K and get a warn winch. Will help in the layas, coorg, etc etc...

PS - What was the OTR without any addons like tyres/rims etc...?
PPS - 3 months eh, and they promised 4 weeks? jokers! India garage?
Thank you , Leh ladakh is on in june or july . Winch i probably should for such a trip . the on-road is 11,21 lakhs but after discounts it came upto 10.73lakhs . Nah it was in SKS automobiles , there excuse was the black is delayed but they offered me a silver one sooner but i did not want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Congrats on the purchase. This vehicle is what I term the true Indian "Expedition Vehicle". Reliable, comfortable and no unwanted gizmos. You will enjoy all your trips in this.
What tires did it come with from the showroom?
Does it come with an immobiliser?
Thanks buddy ,it came apollo hawkz A/T
Yes it comes with an immobiliser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Great show!
The LX Scorpio with 4WD should have ideally been offered to consumers ages ago! But like they say, better late than never!
I like your wheel design and the tyres look very purposeful and tough!
All the best and Happy Driving!
If you dont mind my asking, will you tell me the price of these tyres and where you bought them?
Also which dealer did you buy your Scorpio from?
Thanks man , my vehicle came with apollo hawkz A/T , i made a deal with the tyre dealer , i never asked how much he'll the OE tyres back nor did i ask the price of the new one , i just spoke to him about exchange price , i ended up paying 13k . Bought the vehicle from SKS automobiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
Wow, this is a great move by mahindra (a cheaper 4x4 version) to counter the mini-SUV craze that is about to grip India with releases such as the Renault Duster, Ford Eco Sport etc etc. So Can you give us details of the price you paid for the LX 4x4. And also I know that the LX comes with side facing Jump seats at the back, will it be possible to ask the dealer to convert that into 3 forward facing rows or seats?
the on-road is 11,21 lakhs but after discounts it came upto 10.73lakhs . The dealer has all the options but very expensive . I asked for the arm rests for the front seats of the VLX model , they asked 7k for that . Instead i can get used VLX seats for less than 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Congrats buddy.
Scorpio LX seems to be the most affordable 4WD SUV right now. Also, it has got all the basic features like AC, power windows, etc. Only thing missing on such a huge SUV is ABS, wish it was optional atleast.
Nice alloys & tyres, Kudos. Why are the tyres looking old?
Thanks buddy , the tyres look old because it was taken before it got its first wash & first tyre shine . Yeah ABS would have been great on LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeClutch 4X4 View Post
Congratulations on your new buy, wishing you all Phun and pure Phun with your black beauty.
Are their any mods lined up to pep the off-roading abilities? just curious to know, by adding a winch will that hold good for the warrant or guarantee of the vehicle or the key components?
I have a list of mods but i cant do it right now because wifey has a list of mods too which she wants it to be done first , her list of mods is concentrated purely in comfort . if i do my mods first im screwed

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Congrats
She looks great,and true VFM 4X4 IMHO.
Arey they offering 4X4 in SLE too now?
Would make sense since it comes with ABS.
Thanks buddy , about 4x4 in SLE i asked before buying itself , but he said no its not available , but in near future maybe.
karizma9292 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 11:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Thanks man , my vehicle came with apollo hawkz A/T , i made a deal with the tyre dealer , i never asked how much he'll the OE tyres back nor did i ask the price of the new one , i just spoke to him about exchange price , i ended up paying 13k . Bought the vehicle from SKS automobiles.
I paid 7.5K for 5 tires on exchange. My scorpio came with JK Elanzos and exchanged them for Yoko's.
Old 29th December 2011, 11:29   #20
BANNED

Quote:
just curious to know, by adding a winch will that hold good for the warrant or guarantee of the vehicle or the key components?
Adding a winch will void the warranty of "that part" of the wiring harness which will be used to power the winch, the battery and the parts used to mount the winch. Everything else will remain covered under warranty.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 11:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your scorpio!! It is really looking purposeful with those shoes and lovely alloys! And I agree with @Jeepster. Blacken out the fake lamps, it looks so damn Gangsta!!
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 13:55   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - whew! so the BOM is released and it is finally out. It should have come out ages ago. It looks superb in black!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 15:19   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats karizma9292 on an awesome buy!

Just one question, I see you have swapped the stock wheels for aftermarket alloys (they look great, btw), will the warranty for suspension etc. still hold?
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 15:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Adding a winch will void the warranty of "that part" of the wiring harness which will be used to power the winch, the battery and the parts used to mount the winch. Everything else will remain covered under warranty.
Thanks for clarifying. I have always had this question in my mind, but was just hesitant and didnt know whom to ask

I do not see the Auto Wheel Hubs with the new set of Alloys in the picture circled, where did they go?? are they hidden inside those cup sort of thingie??
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP's first Mahindra Scorpio LX 4WD-wheel-hubs-scorpio-lx-4x4-corrected.jpg  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 29th December 2011 at 23:07. Reason: Number of smileys per post allowed = 2. Pls. gp through the rules.
Old 29th December 2011, 20:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post

Thank you , Leh ladakh is on in june or july . Winch i probably should for such a trip ....
There are no trees to winch to in Ladakh. Suggest you invest in a good pick and shovel, a traction ladder/board or two, a heavy duty roof top luggage rack, some tow cordage and some leak-proof fuel cans to carry extra fuel. Maybe a second spare tyre, too.

Nice buggy. Congrats.
DirtyDan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 14:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

This is definitely a worthy option to look at and should be a strong contender in the 4x4 segment. Pure basics without too much electronic gizmo. Just what u need.
Good 4x4 manual. AC. PS. Road trip to nowhere and back.

Very good choice and very good move by Mahindra. Looks great in black and those rims.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 16:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying. I have always had this question in my mind, but was just hesitant and didnt know whom to ask

I do not see the Auto Wheel Hubs with the new set of Alloys in the picture circled, where did they go?? are they hidden inside those cup sort of thingie??
I guess the caps in the new alloys serve as the hub-lock caps and must match the dimensions of the projection to be a perfect fit.
OT: I like ur avatar - You can go fast, but, I can go anywhere Good one for 4x4 enthusiasts like us.
AlphaKilo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 16:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on getting the LX 4X4. I'm sure you'll be using it to the fullest!

Based on my experience with the 4X4 and ASC's I would suggest the following:

Since its torsion bar suspension upfront, please check the ride height on both sides.
  1. Change the oil in the front differential also in the first service.
  2. Check the skid plate under the transfer case. Most of the time, the underneath rubber will not be placed properly. Also waterproof the electrical coupler near the transfer case. Its not waterproof and any water getting in can short the circuit and render 4X4 engagement useless.

Have fun and drive safe!

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 22:51   #29
BHPian

would be great to see what you've done on the interiors.
Old 4th January 2012, 23:15   #30
BHPian

Great car dude. Way to go. Those alloys with the chunky tires looks soooper cool. Now go get dirty. Congrats
vaisakhr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks