Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 21:11   #46
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP's first Mahindra Scorpio LX 4WD

thank you dear. i was thinking in 4x4 mode.
Old 11th January 2012, 21:57   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Nope. With the key out the fuel guage indicator shows less than empty on my Scorp as well.
Well, the 2009 versions and the ones prior to them has the fuel gauge working irrespective of the key being in or out.

I drive a refreshed SLE by the way. Every single thing is ditto of what you find today.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 08:11   #48
Senior - BHPian

sugan I already said it ,looks awesome. That's a meaty looking scorpio with those alloys,the only one I have seen in that design was from Konig wheels. Costs you an arm and a leg if you were to pick up a set from Konig.
My only gripe is the hub cap, could have been designed better like the Lenso's or Konigs. Never the less you have a monster looking scorpio at your disposal. Here's me wishing you many miles of safe driving.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 10:16   #49
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sugan for the wonderful ride you got there. The alloys gel so well with the overall look of the truck that I almost thought of buying a set & getting that couriered to my city.

Wish you many happy miles with it.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 22:44   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Hey guys , some interior pics , few pics from new year trip to coorg with wifey and few pics of the music system & HELLA red grill horn which were installed
Very nice pics Sugan, of the vehicle and the environs around Coorg. I have a question.

Can you share the details, the cost break up and the place where you installed your sound system please? I ve been looking to upgrade mine for quite some time now and also went with a friend who upgraded his Scorpios ICE to a 2DIN but I was not happy with the fitment so I backtracked.
Yours seems to be a nice fit, at least in the pics.
Old 14th January 2012, 11:10   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Very nice pics Sugan, of the vehicle and the environs around Coorg. I have a question.

Can you share the details, the cost break up and the place where you installed your sound system please? I ve been looking to upgrade mine for quite some time now and also went with a friend who upgraded his Scorpios ICE to a 2DIN but I was not happy with the fitment so I backtracked.
Yours seems to be a nice fit, at least in the pics.
Thanks mate , system was installed at my friend's shop in jayanagar called car culture , sent you a PM with his contact number , actually i wanted a double din but since i had this flip in flip out DVD system with me i fixed this one itself .
Old 15th January 2012, 01:12   #52
BANNED

Quote:
I wanted a double din but since i had this flip in flip out DVD system with me i fixed this one itself .
Oh, so is this a single DIN? Looks like a double DIN to me. I ll call your friend soon and ask him a quote for it.
Old 19th January 2012, 11:22   #53
BHPian

Hey guys , need some inputs from pros , the door pads in my scorpio are very flimsy , no arm rests & no door pockets . SO i just wanna know if i can fit the first generation scorpio's SLE door pads . The door handle & door opening lever are in the same place so is it possible . Attaching some pics for reference.

Team-BHP's first Mahindra Scorpio LX 4WD-mahindrascorpioinsideofdriverssideopendoor039.jpg

Team-BHP's first Mahindra Scorpio LX 4WD-1325572248_296372528_6mahindrascorpiofullylodedindia.jpg
karizma9292 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 12:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

sugan the location of the release lever from the inside is almost the same as the SLE and IMO you should be able to fit the SLE's door pads.

Any specific reason for choosing the 1st gen scorpio's door pads ? The current SLE(mhawk) should be a straight fit, the only gripe is that they sell at about 3500+ taxes per piece.
I don't have a picture right now of the SLE's door pads in the scorpio , however here is one from my Scorpio when I did the FG speaker pod install. Should give you a fair idea.

Team-BHP's first Mahindra Scorpio LX 4WD-2-large.jpg
Old 19th January 2012, 18:57   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
sugan the location of the release lever from the inside is almost the same as the SLE and IMO you should be able to fit the SLE's door pads.

Any specific reason for choosing the 1st gen scorpio's door pads ? The current SLE(mhawk) should be a straight fit, the only gripe is that they sell at about 3500+ taxes per piece.
I don't have a picture right now of the SLE's door pads in the scorpio , however here is one from my Scorpio when I did the FG speaker pod install. Should give you a fair idea.

Attachment 873868
The reason is chose the old sle door pads is because the door handle are in the same exact place as shown in the pics & getting these in the used market would be easier than the latest ones

Last edited by karizma9292 : 19th January 2012 at 18:59.
Old 19th January 2012, 23:32   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The reason is chose the old sle door pads is because the door handle are in the same exact place as shown in the pics & getting these in the used market would be easier than the latest ones
Congrats on a great value for money buy, your black truck does look mean. The alloys and tyres augment the mean look, wish you miles of off roading. To do ladakh, specially the Zanzkar circuit 4x4 would come in handy when the road gets tough, I'm waiting for the right time to ride in that direction.

When I bought my 4x4 in Aug, 2011 there was only VLX available and M&M socked me for a basic price of 11.3 L, with taxes it came to 13L on the road, if LX was available with 4x4 I would have taken it. Have done almost 8 K kms, some off roading too, pretty good, the ABS is confidence inspiring on the highway, the electronic gizmos + cruise control too are nifty.

The switch does not disengage the 4x4 sometimes; last week I drove on a rough patch on 4x4, got out, switched it to 2x and I noticed the front was still engaged though the green light on the dial went off. Had to go back and forth a couple of times to get back into the 2x mode, so you need to watch out.

Safe driving,

---Ramky
=======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 19th January 2012 at 23:35.
ramkya1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 05:52   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey guys , need some inputs from pros , the door pads in my scorpio are very flimsy , no arm rests & no door pockets . SO i just wanna know if i can fit the first generation scorpio's SLE door pads . The door handle & door opening lever are in the same place so is it possible . Attaching some pics for reference.
I have an LX, and this is what i used as a workaround for door pockets. I still dont get to enjoy the armrest, though.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2580120
benbsb29 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 08:09   #58
BHPian

Sugan, why dont you check with the A.S.S for SLE seats and door pads, am sure it wont cost more than 15k.

Also, another option is you can take to Carlsson Leathers at Indranagar and get the seats and interiors done up.

Cheers,
Rajesh
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 10:28   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I have an LX, and this is what i used as a workaround for door pockets. I still dont get to enjoy the armrest, though.
I saw your setup before i got the system done , thats a clean setup for the front speakers, i liked it . The thing is is the LX door pads feel flimsy and does not go with thje vehicle's sturdyness and i quite badly hate it . I have the habit of using the armrests while driving so i definitely need armrests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Sugan, why dont you check with the A.S.S for SLE seats and door pads, am sure it wont cost more than 15k.
Also, another option is you can take to Carlsson Leathers at Indranagar and get the seats and interiors done up.
Cheers,
Rajesh
Buddy i was thinking of the same option , in the showroom they quoted 7k just for seat arm rests . carlsson leathers huh , ok let me check . Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 16:02   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Buddy i was thinking of the same option , in the showroom they quoted 7k just for seat arm rests .
Not sure which dealer you checked with for the arm rests. I checked regarding the same with Sireesh, and was quoted about 1.7k for the same. However, they were not in stock, so couldnt buy it then. However, planned later down the line.
benbsb29 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks