Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2012, 22:33   #91
BANNED

Re: Team-BHP's first Mahindra Scorpio LX 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtalwar View Post
And I would like to take the owner's opinion on what made him compare to a sedan because if it really has a comparable ride quality, I would be very pleased and may consider buying the same model.
Which is exactly my intent in clarifying how the vehicle behaves, being a Scorpio owner myself.
I m glad you are considering it, you will not regret it.
Old 16th April 2012, 22:46   #92
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Does the Scorpio roll to the extent of making people aboard uncomfortable? No, if the driver does not indulge in the antics that I described below. Simple.
Quote:
Lets keep it @karizma's thread please.
The Scorpio in a 2wd avataar does have handling bordering on scary if you go over smooth undulating roads (we have a lot of such highways) and you feel it hit the bump-stops way more often than you'd imagine. And you don't necessarily have to indulge in antics to be scared or be above 120 kmph.
At the same time, IIRC the 4wd scorpio comes with a stiffer front suspension with the torsion beam setup which is known to be better than a 2wd and should be better in terms of handling.

The LX 4wd scorpio is a very good move by MM and totally takes away the fence-sitters who are looking for a comfortably 4wd without blowing a hole too big in their pockets. Expect Tata to counter this with the Storme. Hopefully.

Seeing Karizma's Scorpio has tempted me to consider this option very seriously, except that I don't find the interiors in a Scorpio spacious enough (Maybe the Safari spoils me on that front)
AVR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 11:42   #93
BHPian

Quote:
used to think Scorpio wobbles and it is spread out across various forums here so this has me confused..
Scorpio driving like a sedan is breaking news
Could you please elaborate.
Buddy let me put it in better words , first of all my scorpio is 80% driven in city limits , what i meant by saying that i feel im driving a sedan is : the ease of turning in small roads , reversing , parking in a tight spot , city manuevering , steering response is all felt like a driving a sedan and also in highway i can eat up some sedans . In my earlier post im comparing scorpio's ride quality to a sedan , i had a honda city before this , bad roads was an enemy that time , but now with the scorpio bad roads have become friends .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
@karizma,
There's one more mod that I would suggest. For a 4wd vehicle (without the cladding), the aluminum side steps kind of spoil the rugged look. You can think of going for the Scorpio Getaway side bars (bullbars).

The alloys are awesome. I have no clue about how 4wd works, but I don't see the hubs in the front wheel. Are they built in? Where did you buy the alloys?
Oreen
The main reason i intend to keep the side steps is for my mom , she is about 5'2" . Anyway thanks for advice , mayber later i might change. vehicle came with auto locking hubs , i changed to manual locking hubs.

Last edited by karizma9292 : 17th April 2012 at 11:44.
karizma9292 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 17:25   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Buddy let me put it in better words , first of all my scorpio is 80% driven in city limits , what i meant by saying that i feel im driving a sedan is : the ease of turning in small roads , reversing , parking in a tight spot , city manuevering , steering response is all felt like a driving a sedan and also in highway i can eat up some sedans . In my earlier post im comparing scorpio's ride quality to a sedan , i had a honda city before this , bad roads was an enemy that time , but now with the scorpio bad roads have become friends .
Cool. Happy driving!

What is the update on odo and service/s done so far?

Regards
Anand
Old 17th April 2012, 18:23   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Cool. Happy driving!

What is the update on odo and service/s done so far?

Regards
Anand

Vehicle has completed 4800kms so far , tomorrow will be leaving it for 1st service .

After service next mod is a pair of HELLA RALLYE 3003
Old 18th April 2012, 19:03   #96
BHPian

hey mate, how did the service go?
Old 18th April 2012, 19:05   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also, you mention you turned down silver colour but if you saw any more vehicles at the showroom, which colour apart from black looks good with the grey bumpers and cladding?
Purely from the looks point of view, this is what a silver LX would look like. Ofcourse, this is a 2WD, with wheel covers and OEM fog lamps added.

Team-BHP's first Mahindra Scorpio LX 4WD-scorpiolx-3.jpg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 18th April 2012 at 19:08.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 19:10   #98
BHPian

Thanks Benny. LX looks much more purposeful than other variants IMO. I think one area where Black will score more is the tail light extension paint job - not sure about Silver. What do you say?
Old 18th April 2012, 19:10   #99
BHPian

Can you kindly update your experience at service center and what were the task that were carried out. can you also mention the service center you went?
Old 18th April 2012, 23:36   #100
BHPian

Quote:

The main reason i intend to keep the side steps is for my mom , she is about 5'2" . Anyway thanks for advice , mayber later i might change. vehicle came with auto locking hubs , i changed to manual locking hubs.

Hey, yes, moms have to be considered of course. I had to lower my bullbar (i put an Omni bullbar on my bolero) for my mom-n-law . here's a pic:
Team-BHP's first Mahindra Scorpio LX 4WD-dsc01446.jpg

Team-BHP's first Mahindra Scorpio LX 4WD-dsc04978.jpg
Oreen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 23:17   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I got these steps. Had to partly modify it for the wheelbase.

Team-BHP's first Mahindra Scorpio LX 4WD-20042012638.jpg

Team-BHP's first Mahindra Scorpio LX 4WD-230420126421.jpg

Team-BHP's first Mahindra Scorpio LX 4WD-20042012636.jpg
1100D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 22:42   #102
BHPian

Update : Added a pair of HELLA RALLYE 4000 & a pair of day time running LEDs

Team-BHP's first Mahindra Scorpio LX 4WD-dsc_0294.jpg

Team-BHP's first Mahindra Scorpio LX 4WD-dsc_0296.jpg
karizma9292 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:58   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Update : Added a pair of HELLA RALLYE 4000 & a pair of day time running LEDs

Attachment 922845

Attachment 922846
The Lights look cool and would you mind sharing the cost of the Hella?
Old 10th June 2012, 14:28   #104
BHPian

hey guys , im having this major mileage issues . my scoprio has clocked 8000kms till now , on two of the long trips i got a mileage of 15kmpl , during that time in city i used to get about 10kmpl , But now since past 1000kms , my scoprio is averaging 7kmpl in city & 12kmpl in highways , checked several times , the least i got was 5kmpl . What could be the problem ?
Old 10th June 2012, 18:55   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey guys , im having this major mileage issues . my scoprio has clocked 8000kms till now , on two of the long trips i got a mileage of 15kmpl , during that time in city i used to get about 10kmpl , But now since past 1000kms , my scoprio is averaging 7kmpl in city & 12kmpl in highways , checked several times , the least i got was 5kmpl . What could be the problem ?
Check your air filter and air intake to see if air is obstructed.

Do your brakes feel strange at all? A sticking calipher (front) or shoe (rear) could do this, too.

If these are okay I would think about asking a competent dealer what to do. A reflash, reprogramming, of your ECU may be in order. Doesn't sound like a major problem.

Last edited by DirtyDan : 10th June 2012 at 18:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks