Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 11:27   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP's first Mahindra Scorpio LX 4WD

sugan looks neat man, I would prefer this pure black painted looks than having tinted tail lamps. Once again the alloys are to die for.
Old 5th March 2012, 20:05   #77
BHPian

@karizma

Congrats on your buy. The Scorpio looks really tasteful with the work you are doing on it to add on to the no nonsense 4wd badging at the rear.

As I went through the thread, noticed a few mods that you have done so far on the stock LX:

1. Alloys & Wheels (Lux + Hankook)
2. Manual Hubs (Lambda)
3. DVD system (pre-owned)
4. Tail light extension paint job
5. Horn install (Hella)
6. Door visors
7. Fogs (OE)

Could you please share the cost of each mod and add anything else you have done on the black beauty.

Also, you mention you turned down silver colour but if you saw any more vehicles at the showroom, which colour apart from black looks good with the grey bumpers and cladding?

Has the 4wd been engaged as yet?
Old 6th March 2012, 15:34   #78
BHPian

one more question:

Is the absence of a rear wiper / demister a handicap specially in dusty conditions?
Old 8th March 2012, 12:51   #79
BHPian

Happy Holi to all!
Another query - noticed a metallic object hanging around the exhaust pipe. What is it?

Hope to get replied soon!

Regards
Anand
Old 19th March 2012, 19:41   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtalwar View Post
Happy Holi to all!
Another query - noticed a metallic object hanging around the exhaust pipe. What is it?

Hope to get replied soon!

Regards
Anand
That is the spare wheel bracket dangling down without the spare wheel. It is to winch up the spare wheel and lock it in position.
Old 19th March 2012, 20:43   #81
BHPian

Thanks @torquejuice

@karizma - where was the spare wheel?
Old 14th April 2012, 15:03   #82
BANNED

Hi Karizma,

Congrats ! What is the experience ? What FE do you get ? What is the turning radius ?
Old 14th April 2012, 18:35   #83
BHPian

Quote:
@karizma

Congrats on your buy. The Scorpio looks really tasteful with the work you are doing on it to add on to the no nonsense 4wd badging at the rear.

As I went through the thread, noticed a few mods that you have done so far on the stock LX:

1. Alloys & Wheels (Lux + Hankook)
2. Manual Hubs (Lambda)
3. DVD system (pre-owned)
4. Tail light extension paint job
5. Horn install (Hella)
6. Door visors
7. Fogs (OE)

Could you please share the cost of each mod and add anything else you have done on the black beauty.

Also, you mention you turned down silver colour but if you saw any more vehicles at the showroom, which colour apart from black looks good with the grey bumpers and cladding?

Has the 4wd been engaged as yet?
1.Alloys - Rs.25000/- for 5
2.Tyres - Rs.10000/- on exhange with Apollo Hawkz
3.manual hubs - Rs.3000/-
4.Tail light extension paint job - Rs.300/-
5.Hella horn - Rs.1100/-
6.Door visors - Free of cost from dealer
7.Fogs - Rs.2500/- (OE mahindra)
Used the 4Wd couple of times its very very torquey , you would not believe that i can move my scorpio from stand still in 5th gear when engaged to 4WD low.

The silver actually looks good , i turned down that colour because all my vehicles are black , Silver , that green & grey looks good with grey

Quote:
one more question:
Is the absence of a rear wiper / demister a handicap specially in dusty conditions?
I have never faced a problem till now

Quote:
@karizma - where was the spare wheel?
Spare wheel was removed to fit on a Thar to check how it would look

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
Hi Karizma,
Congrats ! What is the experience ? What FE do you get ? What is the turning radius ?
Im enjoying driving my Scorpio , i feel im driving a sedan . right now FE in city i get is 11kmpl & highway 15kmpl.

Last edited by karizma9292 : 14th April 2012 at 18:37.
Old 16th April 2012, 17:20   #84
BHPian

Thanks @karizma. This is useful information.

gd1418 also has got a LX 4wd and he is dressing it up as well!

Any travelogues coming up?
adtalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 17:25   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Im enjoying driving my Scorpio , i feel im driving a sedan . right now FE in city i get is 11kmpl & highway 15kmpl.
used to think Scorpio wobbles and it is spread out across various forums here so this has me confused..

Scorpio driving like a sedan is breaking news

Could you please elaborate.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 18th April 2012 at 18:58. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 16th April 2012, 20:05   #86
BHPian

@karizma,

awesome buy. i got to know about the 4wd LX only yesterday and am damn excited. how is the experience so far? I feel the beast looks just awesome although the grey interiors are very depressing (dunno why only the top end gets a black dashboard). There's one more mod that I would suggest. For a 4wd vehicle (without the cladding), the aluminum side steps kind of spoil the rugged look. You can think of going for the Scorpio Getaway side bars (bullbars). They are equally long and come in black. They will protect your body from damage and would also serve as steps. They cost about 3 K each (6 K for a pair) and really make the beast look cool. That's what I would do to mine as soon as I buy one ))).

The alloys are awesome. I have no clue about how 4wd works, but I don't see the hubs in the front wheel. Are they built in? Where did you buy the alloys?

Oreen
Old 16th April 2012, 20:23   #87
BANNED

Quote:
used to think Scorpio wobbles and it is spread out across various forums here so this has me confused.
Wobbling Scorpios? Never heard of it and never experienced it in my 4 years of extensive driving of the Scorpio across varied terrain, states, and loads. It is a very stable cruiser as long as you do not indulge in lane changing antics at speeds above 120kmph and drive it sanely.

Once you respect its high CG at high speeds, you can actually control it as though you have it on a leash.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 20:30   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Wobbling Scorpios? Never heard of it and never experienced it in my 4 years of extensive driving of the Scorpio across varied terrain, states, and loads. It is a very stable cruiser as long as you do not indulge in lane changing antics at speeds above 120kmph and drive it sanely.

Once you respect its high CG at high speeds, you can actually control it as though you have it on a leash.
Hi, may be I did not put it correctly. From what I have experienced myself and read here, Scorpio does have body roll which increases on bad roads and tight corners.

We can discard 'wobbly' in my earlier quote please however its ride quality is being compared to a sedan is what I was curious about.

Regards
Anand
Old 16th April 2012, 20:41   #89
BANNED

Quote:
Scorpio does have body roll which increases on bad roads and tight corners.
All SUVs have greater body roll when compared to sedans. Period.

Does the Scorpio roll to the extent of making people aboard uncomfortable? No, if the driver does not indulge in the antics that I described below. Simple.
Old 16th April 2012, 20:50   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
All SUVs have greater body roll when compared to sedans. Period.

Does the Scorpio roll to the extent of making people aboard uncomfortable? No, if the driver does not indulge in the antics that I described below. Simple.
Lets keep it @karizma's thread please. I did not mean to start a Scorpio ride quality debate and never mentioned some one got uncomfortable! I think it is a really decent vehicle and thats why my interest in asking questions.

And I would like to take the owner's opinion on what made him compare to a sedan because if it really has a comparable ride quality, I would be very pleased and may consider buying the same model.

Regards
Anand

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks