Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 11:26   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP's first Mahindra Scorpio LX 4WD

After thinking about this over night, a couple more possibilities...

Leak in the fuel line somewhere, leak around the fuel filter gaskets.

Clogged fuel filter from bad fuel, tricking the ECU into a bad fuel/air misture.
Old 24th June 2012, 02:07   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
hey guys , im having this major mileage issues ... my scoprio is averaging 7kmpl in city & 12kmpl in highways , checked several times , the least i got was 5kmpl . What could be the problem ?
any updates on why this is? I would assume bad tuning at 1st service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Buddy let me put it in better words , first of all my scorpio is 80% driven in city limits , what i meant by saying that i feel im driving a sedan is : the ease of turning in small roads , reversing , parking in a tight spot , city manuevering , steering response is all felt like a driving a sedan and also in highway i can eat up some sedans . In my earlier post im comparing scorpio's ride quality to a sedan , i had a honda city before this , bad roads was an enemy that time , but now with the scorpio bad roads have become friends .
I actually believe this after several test drives on safari and scorpio. I have been driving a hatch for 5 years now, and i had apprehensions of size and drive-ability of a large sized SUV. Those apprehensions were laid to rest as soon as I drove a Scorpio. In city its very responsive and steers very well. Infact since the view is great one notch better than my hatch. I felt the clutch had a lot of play, but since I am new to SUV, it is all about getting used to it. On similar TD on Tata Safari I found myself a little more cautious and strained at moving around in lane changing, on bumper to bumper traffic. (I do know lane changing is bad, was doing a TD and was checking out the steer). However good Tata Safari is on Comfort point, the Driver has to be more cautious in City. It is a true truck and needs more care. where as Scorpio felt at home in City drives and quite ok on long empty roads. However I did feel a lot more jumps on rough patch than on Safari. So, I need to drive a tad slower on rough patches compared to Safari.

Great news is I booked my Scorpio LX 4wd today. Thanks to this Thread and Sugan. This thread really helped me in forming my decision.
droolingvoyager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 13:57   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by droolingvoyager View Post
How does in TUNE modern cars with ECU in every service? I mean like in olden days with screw driver in hand tuning the Carb.
Old 25th June 2012, 16:28   #109
BHPian

@ livyodream

you are right, I did now read something on ECU I thought the cars had some screw which needed to be rotated. Sorry being totally fool on all these. but good that I read something now.
Old 25th June 2012, 17:56   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by droolingvoyager View Post
my vehicle just got the 2nd service done , told them about the low mileage , they have done all the neccessary checks , they say its all fine , also they said the air filter was clogged . Im yet to check the mileage still
Old 26th June 2012, 13:55   #111
Senior - BHPian

Clogged air filter sounds like a likely culprit.
Old 26th June 2012, 18:26   #112
BHPian

Is it possible to place an order for the LX with ABS factory fitted?
Old 26th June 2012, 19:31   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderluster View Post
As far as i know, No it's not possible to do so.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 26th June 2012, 20:14   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The ECU has to support this and you would need additional sensors. They don't provide one in this trim and not worth the trouble converting one into a LX with ABS. A lot of work is involved and finding the expertise to accomplish this in India is zilch.

Instead look at the SLE has the ABS , else a LX 4WD is the way to go.
Old 26th June 2012, 20:58   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
The ECU has to support this and you would need additional sensors. They don't provide one in this trim and not worth the trouble converting one into a LX with ABS. A lot of work is involved and finding the expertise to accomplish this in India is zilch.

Instead look at the SLE has the ABS , else a LX 4WD is the way to go.
Agree that it would be a very complex exercise converting this after I buy it. However, my thought was not to convert it later, but rather have mahindra include ABS when the car is on the assembly line itself - including all the gadgetry that it involves.
Old 26th June 2012, 21:18   #116
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderluster
Nope it isnt. Unfortunately.
And the odd thing is that the export vehicles of the MM540 type come with ABS etc!
Step motherly treatment for us IndiJoes as usual!
Old 27th June 2012, 07:11   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agree that it would be a very complex exercise converting this after I buy it. However, my thought was not to convert it later, but rather have mahindra include ABS when the car is on the assembly line itself - including all the gadgetry that it involves.
From my experience , they wont. I always loved the scorpio in the LX trim without those cladding's and even checked with a reliable source from M&M to know if the LX would be made available with ABS before I picked up my SLE. The answer was an instant one and a NO !!
Old 27th June 2012, 10:02   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I always loved the scorpio in the LX trim without those cladding's
And i remember you complaining about the door trims they provide as standard on the LX ! Mahindra has penny-pinched on quite a few nice to have features on the LX, as compared to the SLE.
Old 27th June 2012, 11:53   #119
BHPian

Here is a question to the SUV owners.
How would you see below situation :
I always - ALWAYS - drive around 90s, rarely touch 100s even on clean and clear road. I am fairly confient this way when I am in my Indica for all of these years about handling and braking in emergency if I have to.

I am thinking of migrating to either Safari or Scorpio. here is the real problem :
ABS with 4x4 is available only in high end trim; which is beyond my pocket right now. That makes me tilt towards Scorpio LX 4x4.
How would you place ABS on these "oversized" vehicles compared to Altos and Indicas - is it "must have" or "nice to have" as per my driving style. Can I live peacefully while cruising on highways with that speed without ABS?

I obviously cannot test in the TD.
advaitlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 12:08   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
And i remember you complaining about the door trims they provide as standard on the LX ! Mahindra has penny-pinched on quite a few nice to have features on the LX, as compared to the SLE.
If the LX was available in 4x4 trim when I picked up my scorp' I would have changed the door trims to the SLE types. They cost about 3k odd per door pad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
I am thinking of migrating to either Safari or Scorpio. here is the real problem :
ABS with 4x4 is available only in high end trim; which is beyond my pocket right now. That makes me tilt towards Scorpio LX 4x4.
How would you place ABS on these "oversized" vehicles compared to Altos and Indicas - is it "must have" or "nice to have" as per my driving style. Can I live peacefully while cruising on highways with that speed without ABS?
ABS is a necessity than a mere ornament on any automobile. ABS generally decreases stopping distances on dry and slippery surfaces.From experience loose surfaces like gravel ABS can significantly increase braking distance, although still improves vehicle control.

This topic has been discussed on this thread.

I would say don't compromise on this safety feature , just costs a few extra thousands.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 27th June 2012 at 12:09.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks