Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2012, 10:01   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bronze Grey Nissan Sunny Diesel - 6 month / 5000 km update

Congrats not just a car, its a caaarrrr. Nice color by the way. Loads of space in the car.

By the way how are the brakes on this one?

Do enjoy many more happy miles with the car.
Old 12th February 2012, 12:24   #17
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations! Nice choice of colour. And size-wise, the Sunny gives the feel of a car one segment above (say Corolla Altis). Do post some interior pics. Happy driving!
Old 12th February 2012, 12:28   #18
BHPian

Congratulations. I guess this is the first ownership post of the Nissan Sunny Diesel. Good choice of color.

Waiting to see the interior pictures.
Old 12th February 2012, 20:23   #19
PhX
BHPian

Congrats on your new car, mate. I've always been impressed with the Nissan Sunny as a car since the time my dad had it way back in the 1990s in Africa. Glad to know that you like the car. I think Nissan's introduced a brilliant car. Let's hope it does well.
Old 12th February 2012, 20:39   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase. Sunny really is one car that ticks many boxes for Indian households.
Old 13th February 2012, 00:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congraaatulaions on the Caaar.

Read somewhere in this thread that Nissan has the same DNA as Toyota & Honda... LOL
people do not know what they are talking about. Looking forward to reading more about your Sunny experiences and waiting for Nissan to bring in the Maxima.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 20:19   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda View Post
Hearty Congratulations on your new Caar !
If I'm not mistaken, this is the first ownership review of Sunny on TBHP :-) The Sunny is a very good VFM product in the C segment that seems to be selling well after the diesel was introduced. Do post some pictures and keep us updated on the Nissan India A** experience.
Thanks, will update this thread over a period of time !!! The car, IMHO, is definitely great VFM and yes, the SUNNY has outsold the Vento and Rapid post the launch of the Diesel variant in Dec - clearly shows what the diesel engine can do in the Indian market !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The Caaar is actually pretty damned good as far as it's interiors and rear seat space etc are concerned. My friend recently bought one and it is really nice inside. The only thing I found a teeny weeny bit troublesome is the reduced head room on account of its steeply sloping rear roof line. Else it is a very good value vehicle for the cash one stumps up!
Thanks, you are right - for tall passengers, head room could be an issue in the rear seat but as I said, none in my family is too tall and hence not an issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Congratulations !!

Booked a Sunny XL Diesel in the same colour myself last week!!...

Looking forward to your thread..
Congrats mate, look forward to your views on the car post delivery !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Congratulations on the new car . Will keeping an eye on your thread to get to know the Sunny better - planning a second car a few months down the line and this would be a strong contender
Thanks, will update the thread periodically....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats not just a car, its a caaarrrr. Nice color by the way. Loads of space in the car.

By the way how are the brakes on this one?

Do enjoy many more happy miles with the car.
Thanks.... On the brakes, they are a bit slow to respond in the first second after hitting, after that the car reacts immediately... So this may take some getting used to in initial days of driving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations! Nice choice of colour. And size-wise, the Sunny gives the feel of a car one segment above (say Corolla Altis). Do post some interior pics. Happy driving!
Certainly gives the features and space of a higher segment sedan for sure.... Apologies have not been able to click quality pics thanks to my hectic travel schedule, will do so this week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Congratulations. I guess this is the first ownership post of the Nissan Sunny Diesel. Good choice of color.

Waiting to see the interior pictures.
Thanks Joe..... Yes, I am surprised at not seeing any Sunny posts earlier... Interior pics to follow very soon indeed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
Congrats on your new car, mate. I've always been impressed with the Nissan Sunny as a car since the time my dad had it way back in the 1990s in Africa. Glad to know that you like the car. I think Nissan's introduced a brilliant car. Let's hope it does well.
Thanks... I have sat in several Sunny's when I was in the Middle East and have liked the car... which is what made me buy the Sunny notwithstanding Nissan's relatively thin A.S.S and the fact that it is a new offering in India...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseling View Post
Congratulations on the purchase. Sunny really is one car that ticks many boxes for Indian households.
Indeed !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Congraaatulaions on the Caaar.

Read somewhere in this thread that Nissan has the same DNA as Toyota & Honda... LOL
people do not know what they are talking about. Looking forward to reading more about your Sunny experiences and waiting for Nissan to bring in the Maxima.
Thanks, lets hope no unpleasant surprises lie ahead !!!!
Old 14th February 2012, 01:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Thanks, lets hope no unpleasant surprises lie ahead !!!!

I have a feeling that the gist of my statement above was not correctly interpreted. What I meant was that unlike Toyota and Honda which are good in their own way of doing things, Nissan as a car company has never designed its products to meet a figure specified by number crunchers. Rather, their philosophy like Mitsubishi and Subaru has been to create automobiles that are an extension of the drivers themselves and bring an unexplainable sense of satisfaction every time the wheels churn.

In my books the above three Japanese marquees viz. Mitsubishi, Nissan & Subaru are more desirable than the Teutonic trio as the offerings from Nippon give you all of the pleasure and satisfaction that is automotive nirvana but without the pretense and the expense associated with the German trio.

The Toyotas and Hondas of the World while being as reliable as their other Japanese cousins are well not in the same league as far as driving pleasure is concerned.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 06:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on getting yourself the Caaaarrrrr aroonanand. I did an extensive test drive of the Sunny Diesel last month and, in my opinion, the following are the car's biggest strengths:

* Loads of Interior Space (You will never run out of space for anything - the Caaarrrr is huge)
* Breeze to drive inside the city (No turbo lag and good low-end torque making life easier)
* Terrific Fuel-Efficiency (The engine is as frugal as it can get for a mid-sized car)

Here is wishing you miles and miles of happy motoring in this car. I am sure you are going to go for extended long drives as the Sunny Diesel just keeps going on and on with a tank-full of diesel.
Old 14th February 2012, 07:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

@Aroonanand

Congratulations on the Caaaaar. The colour looks rocking on the ride. The car has got lots of space and looks great from outside, have seen a couple of them in my city and does turn the heads. I know you had a highway drive, hows the ride in the city? Hows the handling part? Hows the ride at the rear seats?

What are the stock tyres on the car, is it JK Vectra? If you feel the nosie is an issue, you can get them replaced with Michelin ones. I also differ on the Ac being noisy in Fiesta coz I own one and never felt the AC noise at all.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely. Waiting for your interior pics.
Old 14th February 2012, 09:25   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on getting the carrrrr

I remember you were following the Sunny quite closely from the begining and nice to see that you took the plunge.

Though I havent driven the diesel version its a pleasure to know that it has the same characteristics of the Micra ( zero turbolag) Manza ( loads of space at back) and better frugal characteristics than the Logan

Look forward to regular updates on the car and hope the gearbox and brake feel improves as you clock more miles and post a few services.

Cheers and Drive Safe !!!
Old 14th February 2012, 11:58   #27
BHPian

Congratulations on getting your CAAAR

Must complement your choice of the color. It sure looks elegant in gray. Definitely C+ segment looks and with lots of space it will sure keep you happy.

You mentioned rides on the highway were pretty comfortable does it drive well in the touch-and-go traffic in the city. Do you need to downshift frequently?

Look forward to reading your future updates. By the way any plans for better shoes?
Old 14th February 2012, 14:03   #28
BHPian

Big Congo for the new Caaar.
For sure a great choice. I am sure you must be really happy to chose a Diesel.
Do throw some light on damages, how much it turned out to be on road.
Happy driving.
Old 14th February 2012, 15:16   #29
BHPian

A Big congratulations on the car! Sunny is one of my favorites in this segment, love the looks and its features. Waiting for the pictures of the interiors, as I haven't yet seen the XL's dashboard - with the Vanilla meters.
Old 14th February 2012, 16:58   #30
BHPian

Congrats on buying the most most comfortable car in the market!

I recently TD'ed it and found it to be very nimble and effort free to drive. The back seat is simply humongous and class leading, heck it will give D segments cars a run for their money.

Only sore in my opinion are Gearbox(but who knows maybe it will get better as you rack up more miles like XUV's) and Interior color choice,if Nissan can take inspiration from Hyundai and work on the interiors colors Sunny has the potential to become the best selling car in the segment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks