Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2012, 17:55   #76
BHPian

re: Bronze Grey Nissan Sunny Diesel - 6 month / 5000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
The Sunny comes with 185/70 R14 in XL guise and with 185/65 R15 in XV

If you want to put the XV alloy in an XL, you will need to swap the tyres.... (as I plan to do)
Surprisingly, Shahwar Nissan in Bangalore has 14" Nissan Alloys costing 28800/- for a set of 4 - part of accessories. So you don't need to swap the tyres for Alloys. Another fact in case you plan to add the 15 " alloys, your tyre sidewalls will be less as the width remains same. Honestly, the stock 14" will give better ride and handling.

I have booked a Sunny D XL and will most probably get the delivery next week. I have been working extensively for last few days in finalising my accessories and modifications that I plan to make.
Old 1st April 2012, 18:37   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
I have been working extensively for last few days in finalising my accessories and modifications that I plan to make.
What accessories are you planning to take?.

I booked a Bronze Grey XL today and would be going for tyre replacement (same size in Michelin XM2) and parking sensors for sure.
Old 1st April 2012, 19:13   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
What accessories are you planning to take?.

I booked a Bronze Grey XL today and would be going for tyre replacement (same size in Michelin XM2) and parking sensors for sure.
Well few of the stuffs I have decided:

1. Tyre (replacement) - Yoko A Drive
2. Alloy - Not decided which one (options are Nissan Alloys or Neo or League)
3. Seat Cover - Ovion
4. Sun Film - CS 50 & CR 70 (for windshield)
5. HU (replacement) - To decide between Pioneer AVH 1490 or JVC KW-AV50
6. Speakers - Not yet decided (options are JBL, Polk, Hertz ) - All coax
7. Mud Guard
8. Body Side Moulding
9. Floor Mats (Nissan)
10. Extra Horn (dual horn) - Bosch or Rooster
11. Anti Rust coating - most probably 3M
12. I have an existing parking sensor (red soul) to be re-installed.

Quite an exhaustive list, isn't it?
Old 2nd April 2012, 09:48   #79
BHPian

Quote:

Thats definitely an exhaustive list. How does the A drive compare to XM2 in terms of comfort and cost?.

I will also go for the alloys, dual din audio, leather interiors etc but may be after couple of years when I get bored with the existing interiors etc. Also the warranty period would be complete by that time.

Sorry thread owner for the off-topic posts, this will be my last irrelevant post.

Thank you.
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:22   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Thats definitely an exhaustive list. How does the A drive compare to XM2 in terms of comfort and cost?...

Sorry thread owner for the off-topic posts, this will be my last irrelevant post.

Thank you.
Comfort wise Michelin will be definitely better, but A Drive is not bad either. I have felt and read is after some 20K odd kms, the Yokos become slightly noisy. I am currently on YOKO A 348.

Cost wise Yoko is around 500 to 700 Rs. cheaper.
DigitalDragon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 13:53   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Well few of the stuffs I have decided:

1. Tyre (replacement) - Yoko A Drive
2. Alloy - Not decided which one (options are Nissan Alloys or Neo or League)
3. Seat Cover - Ovion
4. Sun Film - CS 50 & CR 70 (for windshield)
5. HU (replacement) - To decide between Pioneer AVH 1490 or JVC KW-AV50
6. Speakers - Not yet decided (options are JBL, Polk, Hertz ) - All coax
7. Mud Guard
8. Body Side Moulding
9. Floor Mats (Nissan)
10. Extra Horn (dual horn) - Bosch or Rooster
11. Anti Rust coating - most probably 3M
12. I have an existing parking sensor (red soul) to be re-installed.

Hi Digital dragon,

Congrats on the Sunny and that IS an exhaustive list... All I added in my car was 3M Sun Control and Nissan fitted Reverse Parking Sensors with a digital distance display, which I find very effective and accurate. I got the mud flaps and mats free from the dealer (Jain Jubilant Nissan, Chennai)

Let me know your experience with the Alloys and new sets of footwear...
Old 3rd April 2012, 14:03   #82
BHPian

Does anyone know what is the policy of Nissan on extra fittings ? Will it void the warranty if i fit my own parking sensor and amplifier? The local dealer in Cochin refuses to instal anything that they do not supply. Their behaviour towards customers is also contemptible. I guess once a model starts picking up on sales the dealers start acting funny. Never realised that dealers can be so bad.
Old 4th April 2012, 12:32   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Hi Digital dragon,

Congrats on the Sunny and that IS an exhaustive list... All I added in my car was 3M Sun Control and Nissan fitted Reverse Parking Sensors with a digital distance display, which I find very effective and accurate. I got the mud flaps and mats free from the dealer (Jain Jubilant Nissan, Chennai)

Thanks Buddy!

The mud flaps/mats are not free with Shahwar Nissan. Lemme bargain hard with them. The caaaaar is expected to reach bangalore by today evening from Nissan Plant. Will keep all updated.
Old 5th April 2012, 13:26   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Digital dragon,

Thats a nice car you got there aroonanand.
Even I kept accessories to minimum as my craving has slowly died out after all that I had done on my previous cars.
I got the mud flap and mats free.
All I added was another set of better mats, leather steering cover and sunfilm, IND number plates.
Will soon get it change to machined leather.
To me the steering has to comfortable as that is the part you going to touch the most.
How much did the reverse parking cost? How do you rate the company fix, fit, finish and the quality of the model.
I am able to manage without it, but its a gadget I would like to have.
Old 5th April 2012, 14:01   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Thats a nice car you got there aroonanand.
How much did the reverse parking cost? How do you rate the company fix, fit, finish and the quality of the model.
I am able to manage without it, but its a gadget I would like to have.
Hey,

Thanks !!!
The parking sensor cost me ~4900... Comes with 4 body coloured sensors and a digital display unit that is fixed on the dash to show the distance. This display along with the beeps has made parking extremely easy now... Infact the sensor has spoilt me so much that I find it difficult to park my old Santro now !!!
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 14:13   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

Thanks !!!
The parking sensor cost me ~4900... Comes with 4 body coloured sensors and a digital display unit that is fixed on the dash to show the distance. This display along with the beeps has made parking extremely easy now... Infact the sensor has spoilt me so much that I find it difficult to park my old Santro now !!!
Body colored - then its worth the money I guess.
I was looking for something in 3k.
You know even I upgraded from a Santro to Sunny. Don't you feel the effort put to drive both the cars is the same inside city.
Parking sensor is a luxury so its good its doing its job in spoiling you.
Old 20th April 2012, 23:31   #87
BHPian

Hi aroonanand,

FE mentioned by you are really impressive specially in the city. Please clarify the followings as one of my friends is seriously considering this car. I own a fluidic verna CRDI.

1. Can you compare the cabin noise of Sunny & Verna Diesel.
2. Maximum comfortable speed on HN.
3. Error in MID FE & actual FE.
4. At what speed you drove on your long drive to get a FE of over 21 kmpl. I presume it was with 100% AC.
5. What is the RPM at 100 kmph on top gear.
6. Attitude of service people.

Cheers

Last edited by Chitta Pradhan : 20th April 2012 at 23:32.
Old 31st July 2012, 16:15   #88
BHPian

Dear all,

Having driven the CAAAR for a shade over 6 months and clocking ~5,500 kilometers, here's my 6 month update on the car. Have used it in city traffic and a few highway rides (Blr to Chennai / Coimbatore / Tiruvannamalai).

Took the car for the first service (due at 6 months / 10,000 kms) yesterday to Shahwar Nissan (First check at 1,000 kms was only an inspection and car wash and not a full service). Car was picked up and dropped at my office and cost me Rs. 3900 towards replacement of oils and filters. Labor was free. I noticed that engine noise had increased in the last couple of weeks. After the service, it is back to normal and the noise has reduced.

What I love about the Sunny
  • The car is a real breeze to drive in city stop and go traffic. I travel ~35 kilometers a day in peak hour Bangalore traffic and the zero turbo lag has made driving very easy. Linear power delivery ensures that quick overtaking in city roads happen effortlessly.
  • Extremely efficient AC which chills the cabin very quickly, even during hot days on the highways
  • Good ride quality: suspension offsets the the impact of innumerable potholes and bad roads
  • Very comfortable for long rides. To illustrate, I recently drove from Coimbatore to Bangalore and did not feel tired at all. Earlier, with the Santro, it would be a different tale.
  • Highly efficient diesel engine and superb fuel efficiency. Consistently returns mileage of over 16-17 kmpl in city traffic and over 20-21 on highways with AC always on.
  • Acres of space in the cabin & boot
  • Music system, while not class leading, does its job well and serves the purpose aided by the steering mounted controls.
  • While it may not be the perfect drivers car, the combination of the 1.5 liter engine and the light body offers opportunities for zippy drives.
What can be improved
  • Brakes are definitely not class leading - quality of braking seems to have improved after the service but time will tell for how long. Whilst the brakes are effective in a sudden braking on the highways, it takes a second or two to react when you want to stop the car in city stop-go traffic.
  • Noise levels, especially tyre noise seems quite high on certain surfaces. Fellow BHP ians have attributed it to the stock JK Tyres - an upgrade should solve this issue.
  • Beige seat fabric tends to attract a dust. Planning an upgrade to leather / art leather seat covers very shortly. Tips / recommendations are welcome.
  • Could do with a slightly longer driver arm rest (rear blower console doubles up as driver arm rest), especially for long drives.
  • High speed corner handling could do with some improvement. Guess this can be attributed to the bulky rear of the car.

Overall Experience

On the whole, extremely satisfied with the car and the service (whatever I have used in Bangalore) - no niggling issues (touchwood !), vibrations or creaking noises reported so far.

Note to mods: Can you please update the title of this thread to "Bronze Grey Nissan Sunny Diesel - 6 month / 5000 km update"
aroonanand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 13:47   #89
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bronze Grey Nissan Sunny Diesel - 6 month / 5000 km update

Good to hear that she is treating you well; Japanese cars are known for their remarkable reliability and I'm certain the Sunny will prove durable in the longer-term.

My Sunny is nearly 8,000 kms in <4 months. Works everyday without complaint and under the hands of several shuffling drivers. A drunkard dented the bumper while reversing his car though.

Quote:
Very comfortable for long rides.
So true! Now my family wants to make all road-trips in the Sunny only.
Old 20th August 2012, 01:22   #90
BHPian

Re: Bronze Grey Nissan Sunny Diesel - 6 month / 5000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
So true! Now my family wants to make all road-trips in the Sunny only.
Better than Civic ? Or Civic is left out because of fuel advantage ? Thinking about a new Duster/Vento/Sunny and my current reference point is Civic.

Last edited by idofsuresh : 20th August 2012 at 01:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks