Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2012, 22:15   #46
BHPian

re: Bronze Grey Nissan Sunny Diesel - 6 month / 5000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Also, as you mentioned the Fiesta Classic + Nano option, it depends on whether you need 1 car or 2.. and If it is going to be 2 and your budget is fixed, then the Fiesta option may be worthwhile....
Thanks Aroon. The scales seem to have turned Sunny now - hoping for a very low down-payment deal to go ahead

Now for the hard truth - whats the other side of this goody-goody story? What are the real weak points, niggles, annoying stuff? (besides the brakes, which I didn't find much of an issue - I try to be safe on the roads, keep an eye beyond the car in front, etc) Did you get to meet with an existing Sunny owner (would surely be petrol) and got their feedback on the car while you were hunting?

I have a colleague who has the Micra Diesel for the last 8 months. He is pretty satisfied, gets 24 on a mix of City-Highway drive, with minimal maintenance. I have put a view on the Micra's build quality in another post - rock solid, and I hope it is all carried over to the Sunny.

Please respond with your thoughts. I intend to keep the car for at least 1.5l km.

For the record - the old warhorse, Santro, is in for a gas plugin (LPG) once we get some Sunny miles. Tested the Nano today, and don't really feel confident of having my wife and 16 month old using it around the city.
Old 18th February 2012, 22:45   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Good luck, do keep me posted on your decision... But to repeat, you should ideally compare the top end Fiesta with Sunny XL for a more like-to-like comparison based on the features these 2 variants offer.
Just saw this reply, thanks - I did just that today

Did you get the "Ultra Coat" my dealer has added to the cost? Planning to use my 50% NCB (always a "giver" to the Ins. Co. on the Santro) for the 0-Dep insurance - but the Sales guy insists I will need to get it covered from Nissan only, and he will give full NCB, for the 1st year : How did you manage Insurance?

Will get a detailed cost sheet, with formulae, from the sales guy tomorrow - he got good marks for the maths "answer", now lets evaluate his "steps".
Old 19th February 2012, 16:26   #48
BHPian

Re: Bronze Grey Nissan Sunny Diesel, the CAAAR. *** Updated for interior pics***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlakhanpal View Post
Thanks Aroon. The scales seem to have turned Sunny now - hoping for a very low down-payment deal to go ahead

Now for the hard truth - whats the other side of this goody-goody story? What are the real weak points, niggles, annoying stuff? (besides the brakes, which I didn't find much of an issue - I try to be safe on the roads, keep an eye beyond the car in front, etc) Did you get to meet with an existing Sunny owner (would surely be petrol) and got their feedback on the car while you were hunting?

I have a colleague who has the Micra Diesel for the last 8 months. He is pretty satisfied, gets 24 on a mix of City-Highway drive, with minimal maintenance. I have put a view on the Micra's build quality in another post - rock solid, and I hope it is all carried over to the Sunny.

Please respond with your thoughts. I intend to keep the car for at least 1.5l km.

For the record - the old warhorse, Santro, is in for a gas plugin (LPG) once we get some Sunny miles. Tested the Nano today, and don't really feel confident of having my wife and 16 month old using it around the city.
On the not so goods, the brakes is certainly one... Also, the gear box is not class leading.... Especially Slotting from 1 to 2... Many found the interior colors too dull.... Guess these are largely it for now.. I did not discuss with any Sunny owner - infact I booked the petrol version first in Sep 2011... My faith in the Sunny is largely on the back of the experience I / my friends had with the Sunny in the middle east... and good to see Nissan has not compromised with the Indian variant, unlike the Toyota where the Etios is a very poor version of the Yaris (My personal opinion)...

Quote:

Did you get the "Ultra Coat" my dealer has added to the cost? Planning to use my 50% NCB (always a "giver" to the Ins. Co. on the Santro) for the 0-Dep insurance - but the Sales guy insists I will need to get it covered from Nissan only, and he will give full NCB, for the 1st year : How did you manage Insurance?

Will get a detailed cost sheet, with formulae, from the sales guy tomorrow - he got good marks for the maths "answer", now lets evaluate his "steps".
Nope, I did not get any extra coats... the 3M guy explained the Paint Sealant which I am thinking about.. On insurance, I did not sell my earlier car and also did not have any NCB on that one... So got a fresh policy for this car...
Old 20th February 2012, 11:53   #49
BHPian

Congratulations on the New car! I love the color.

I see that you have got reverse parking assist. Is that an accessory or a standard fitment? the small display says Nissan. If it was an accessory, what was the cost?
Old 20th February 2012, 11:58   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey, you should now try the Diesel, will fit your requirements for high running with the super frugal engine and good Fuel Efficiency !
Lol thanks for the offer but i already purchased the Manza and loving the drive its offering plus the space, probably in the same league as Sunny.
Old 20th February 2012, 12:23   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertouchme View Post
Congratulations on the New car! I love the color.

I see that you have got reverse parking assist. Is that an accessory or a standard fitment? the small display says Nissan. If it was an accessory, what was the cost?
Thanks The reverse parking assist is an optional accessory that I got fitted; This cost me ~INR 5,000 and comes with a small display indicating the distance to the wall / obstruction.. Found it quite adequate so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Lol thanks for the offer but i already purchased the Manza and loving the drive its offering plus the space, probably in the same league as Sunny.
Ha haa.. congrats, how're u finding the Manza? Have you put in an ownership thread for this?
Old 20th February 2012, 12:50   #52
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy. What excites me everytime I look at the Sunny is the space it has to offer.

Enjoy your drives.
Old 20th February 2012, 13:40   #53
BHPian

Quote:

Do not go by the dealers word. You can always buy the insurance from any where you wish. If you have 50% NCB that would be substantial saving. Only catch might be you need to have some one collect the few required docs from dealer and have the insurance paper ready before getting it registered. To get your NCB transferred you need to sell the car or do an OT for your existing car; may be to some body else at home.

Last edited by Dhanu@DJ : 20th February 2012 at 13:41.
Old 20th February 2012, 13:52   #54
BHPian

Two questions to you aroonanand:
1. did you happen to check how much was the OEM alloy? and are there any tyre size differences btw: XL and XV?

Also, is there any fabric on door pads? or it's all plastic?

Jai
Old 20th February 2012, 16:37   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ha haa.. congrats, how're u finding the Manza? Have you put in an ownership thread for this?
Manza has been treating me & my family pretty well, its been 5 months of blissful ownership, you can read all out it here Tata Manza:: A new Story Begins
Old 20th February 2012, 17:01   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. did you happen to check how much was the OEM alloy? and are there any tyre size differences btw: XL and XV?
The Sunny comes with 185/70 R14 in XL guise and with 185/65 R15 in XV

If you want to put the XV alloy in an XL, you will need to swap the tyres.... (as I plan to do)
Old 21st February 2012, 09:44   #57
BHPian

Quote:

Also, is there any fabric on door pads? or it's all plastic?

Jai
Nope, there is no fabric on the door pads in XL however in XV, there are fabric inserts as well as dual colored door handrests....

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Manza has been treating me & my family pretty well, its been 5 months of blissful ownership, you can read all out it here Tata Manza:: A new Story Begins
Nice, congrats once again..
Old 21st February 2012, 13:37   #58
Senior - BHPian

aroon, i m planning to fit 3M into my car as well. at the dealership itself. he is quoting 4500 bucks. please let me know where in bangalore you did this up and how much it costed. is it the 7000+ rupee one or the sp version? please let me know urgently.

Also from your fuel guage photo it shows 19.x km/l if this is even grossly wrong by a km or two, this is still awesome at 17kmpl !!

Last edited by GeekSrik : 21st February 2012 at 13:42.
Old 21st February 2012, 16:45   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
aroon, i m planning to fit 3M into my car as well. at the dealership itself. he is quoting 4500 bucks. please let me know where in bangalore you did this up and how much it costed. is it the 7000+ rupee one or the sp version? please let me know urgently.

Also from your fuel guage photo it shows 19.x km/l if this is even grossly wrong by a km or two, this is still awesome at 17kmpl !!

Hi,

3M has 4 types of sun control and the prices quoted for Sunny are as under (I forgot the names for each of these series)

Basic (2 years warranty) - 3500
Reflective - Mirror finish (3 years warranty) - 5700
CS Series (what I got) - 5250

They also have a very expensive one at around 16000 for the car; this is the same material which is used for the front windshields...

I got it installed at 3M, HSR Layout Bangalore.

On mileage, I got over 21.5 kmpl on the highway. The figure of 19.9 is the blended average of ~350 kms on the highway and 300+ on Bangalore roads.. So, as I said on one of my earlier posts, absolutely no reason to complain on the FE part....
Old 21st February 2012, 18:14   #60
Senior - BHPian

Aroon, your reply was just in time for me to act. I've asked them not to install within showroom for now. will get it done over the weekend at HSR Layout, since i stay there myself. the mileages you are reporting is insane

Good luck driving mate. Do share me your address/phone over PM, lets meet sometime if its nearby.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks