Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2012, 23:03   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A common man's Ford Figo Titanium

What I meant was sprucing up your interior a little with some nice seat covers, and such, but it seems you're a step ahead of me.
Love the seats, looking really good.

About the headlights, why not just get Osram Nightbreaker Plus installed, or something similar - 90/100W bulbs, with relays. Heck, your car may not even need relays - I know our Fiesta didn't.
Do the same for the fog lights, and you should be set.
However, avoid blue, and bright white lights as they aren't as good in the rain, and blind the oncoming driver more.
Old 15th February 2012, 01:05   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
What I meant was sprucing up your interior a little with some nice seat covers, and such, but it seems you're a step ahead of me.
Love the seats, looking really good.

About the headlights, why not just get Osram Nightbreaker Plus installed, or something similar - 90/100W bulbs, with relays. Heck, your car may not even need relays - I know our Fiesta didn't.
Do the same for the fog lights, and you should be set.
However, avoid blue, and bright white lights as they aren't as good in the rain, and blind the oncoming driver more.
Thank you. I had osrams in mind but was thinking if the stock headlight setup would take 100/90s or not. Shall give it a try some time soon. Waiting for the last working day of the month to come soon

I always had the lightforce striker 170 in mind. They just stole my heart. Was eager to get them before I got the ICE done but my sis gave a surprise by getting the speakers well in advance so striker went for a toss.

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-striker170.1.jpg

Or maybe the striker 140? They look the same, but a lil smaller in size. These will serve my purpose well.

Last edited by kingofmyworld : 15th February 2012 at 01:10.
kingofmyworld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 18:15   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Thank you lambo. The ICE sounds terrific too. I'm just left with some fine tuning of the audio.

I'm not going to touch the exterior of the car. I might just de-badge the rear and leave it like that for the rest of it's life. As far as the performance is considered, I'm surely going to add a race chip. Waiting for my friend to fly down from UK. He should be coming over in April or may mostly.
Kingofmyworld...Many congratulations on your new car. Your car looks very familiar and the parking zone too..I guess we both work for the same organisation @ Gachibowli.. ;-)

Last edited by s@tan2s@int : 15th February 2012 at 18:41.
Old 15th February 2012, 18:43   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
Kingofmyworld...Many congratulations on your new car. Your car looks very familiar and the parking zone too..I guess we both work for the same organisation @ Gachibowli.. ;-)
Tell me you're working from Deloitte E block

PMed you my firm email id. Ping me.
Old 15th February 2012, 19:13   #35
BHPian

kingofmyworld,
your car looks great. i see the Dynamat Kit you have installed on the doors,
1. Where did you source it from ?
2. How good is it ?
3. How much did it cost you ?
4. Have you installed in on all 4 doors ?
Old 15th February 2012, 19:22   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
kingofmyworld,
your car looks great. i see the Dynamat Kit you have installed on the doors,
1. Where did you source it from ?
2. How good is it ?
3. How much did it cost you ?
4. Have you installed in on all 4 doors ?
1. I sourced it locally. It is available off the shelf as different packages as Boot kit, door kit etc.

2. It's pretty good. Does its job pretty well. (never tried other brands so cannot compare)

3. It was around 6.5-7k for a door set (4 sheets)

4. Yes, All 4 doors.

I bought 2 kits. One for the doors and one for the door panels (rear side of the door plastics).
Old 15th February 2012, 19:27   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Cars considered :
Swift : High on resale value but for me, It’s an overpriced tin can. Doesn’t handle well, no rear leg room, small boot and looks sad (I like the exterior of the prev gen swift).
Dude

Exactly my point!!!! And one of the reasons I went for the Figo.

I still dont understand why people pick up the tinny swift, although it is just not confidence inspiring above 90kms.

Great car and lovely choice of equipment.

Wishing you many joyous miles!
Old 15th February 2012, 19:44   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Dude

Exactly my point!!!! And one of the reasons I went for the Figo.

I still dont understand why people pick up the tinny swift, although it is just not confidence inspiring above 90kms.

Great car and lovely choice of equipment.

Wishing you many joyous miles!
Thank you.

The choice of cars is different from person to person. Every car has both pros and cons. It depends on what you want from the car. for a regular office home and occasional city trips. Some choose a car based on their driving experience, some based on their old neighbor who changed many cars in the past year's review, Some go by friends words and some based on the sales man's words. Cannot comment on that front.

Every car is good in it's own way. Swift gives more mileage than figo and is backed by maruti's huge service network. For a daily commuter whose main requirement is maileage, it makes sense to get a swift.

Again, This is just an example. No offense to any one. The reason behind picking a car change from person to person. Respect the opposite person's point of view.
Old 15th February 2012, 23:03   #39
BHPian

Congrats.

I too own a black Figo Diesel Titanium. I am interested in the arm rest. Where did you get it and how did you get it it fitted. I heard that it is difficult to fix arm rest in Titanium mode.
Old 16th February 2012, 01:45   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by envyravi View Post
Congrats.

I too own a black Figo Diesel Titanium. I am interested in the arm rest. Where did you get it and how did you get it it fitted. I heard that it is difficult to fix arm rest in Titanium mode.
Some one gave you wrong information. It is easy to install arm rest in a figo as you have a console extending from the gear lever till the end of the front seats. I mounted the arm rest to the console with the panels provided along with the arm rest. I bought it from my friend's store. Indian decars. It's not a easy to find product as it doesn't sell much in the market. He had this in his store since long. Maybe since the start of 2011.
Old 16th February 2012, 11:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

at indian decars. I cannot tell you that you'll get the products for dead cheap prices but the quality of work and support after the installation is very good. Price, it depends on your bargaining skills purely.

Some random company arm rest - Not so sturdy as the centre console isnt firm enough to hold the mounts but you can rest you arm on it. Just to test it's capacity, I loaded it with 5 kg weight and it was firm enough. No drama there.
Cost - 1200Rs. Hard to find one. I was lucky enough to source it. Flood lights - I did not pay for them. Got them free of cost and I did a DIY and installed them. I prefer DIY when it comes to doable jobs on the car.

Neon ropes - They cost you anything between 550-650 rs depending on the dollar rate that day. ordered them from USA and were brought down by my sis.

The sunfilm is dark, But I like cars that way.
Hi

Thanks for sharing all these details.Well I have a 1 year old Figo myself and have clocked close to 30k in it and its time for me to replace some of the things in the car.

Was wondering if you could help me with some details.

1.Where is the location of the place that you did your seat covers?Hows the people who do the work?

2.How much did your seat covers cost?The look nice.

3.Also have you come across arm rests any place in HYD?I have come across a few on ebay but not sure if they would fit the figo.

Thanks in advance.
Old 16th February 2012, 18:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Hi

Thanks for sharing all these details.Well I have a 1 year old Figo myself and have clocked close to 30k in it and its time for me to replace some of the things in the car.

Was wondering if you could help me with some details.

1.Where is the location of the place that you did your seat covers?Hows the people who do the work?

2.How much did your seat covers cost?The look nice.

3.Also have you come across arm rests any place in HYD?I have come across a few on ebay but not sure if they would fit the figo.

Thanks in advance.
1. It's opposite TV9 office in banjara hills and beside Qmart.
2. Don't remember the exact price, But it was around 6k (loads of patterns to choose from)
3. Found a couple of them in XENEX and some other stores, but they don't really fit the figo titanium. They usually fit the swift as it has a square cup holder between the seats. Figo has an irregular cup holder so you have to cut the arm rest to mount it.
Old 17th February 2012, 22:08   #43
BHPian

A question to all figo owners, Does your lower-arm have rust all over it? I was replacing my 14" with 15" today and noticed that the lower arm alone has rust all over it. No other part is rusted. It's only the lower-arm which is rusted.
Old 6th March 2012, 01:38   #44
BHPian

A small update : painted my calipers red. Thought of yellow but gave red a try. Looks good. Will post pics later but for now, few more pics to satisfy your eyes.

PS : I can smell 90bhp soon ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-image2050531276.jpg  

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-image2220347498.jpg  

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-image2269550991.jpg  

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-image603579396.jpg  

kingofmyworld is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 06:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A small update : painted my calipers red. Thought of yellow but gave red a try. Looks good. Will post pics later but for now, few more pics to satisfy your eyes.

PS : I can smell 90bhp soon ;-)
Beautifully shot pictures, especially the last one! The Figo looks smoking hot. By the way, is the white Verna Transform also yours?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks