Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2012, 00:12   #61
BHPian

Re: A common man's Ford Figo Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
I have a strange question for you. Do you keep changing the wheels of your figo ? I saw the 14" wheels initially, then you shifted to 15" wheels, and now I see the 14" again. Or are they old pics which you took before shifting to 15" ??
I keep changing them. If I'm going to a place where I know the roads are good, I keep the 15" on. Else I prefer 14". My figo was on 14" during the recent trip as I had no idea how the roads between bangalore and pondy were. So to be on a safer side, I put the 14". I changed them to 15" after the second service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Wow!!! that's one hot FIGO.
And the mod done till date are simple and very good .
Good stuff bro.
Can you please give us some details about the floodlights, i would also like to do the same.

Cheers.
Thank you schoudhury. The flood lights are basically a pair of 10x8 SMDs mounted on a PCB. Figo's cabin light has enough space to accommodate both of them. I will post a pic with the lid opened if you want me to.
Old 5th April 2012, 00:40   #62
BHPian

Went to the Ford dealer to test drive the Figo and i was pleasantly surprised by how big the car is from the inside! Especially the front passenger and the driver seats.
Old 5th April 2012, 02:55   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
Went to the Ford dealer to test drive the Figo and i was pleasantly surprised by how big the car is from the inside! Especially the front passenger and the driver seats.
Also the rear passenger's leg room is pretty decent for a hatch. Not to forget the boot space. It's HUGE for a hatch.

What is your opinion on the drive ? Did you test drive the Diesel or Petrol?
Old 5th April 2012, 14:51   #64
BHPian

Few more pics from the drive...
Attached Thumbnails
A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-image183375886.jpg  

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-image3113270764.jpg  

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-image1728424461.jpg  

Old 6th April 2012, 00:37   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Also the rear passenger's leg room is pretty decent for a hatch. Not to forget the boot space. It's HUGE for a hatch.

What is your opinion on the drive ? Did you test drive the Diesel or Petrol?
Drove both. The petrol was very underpowered but enjoyed the diesel a lot.

I did not understand one thing though - why does this not have 4 power windows? Even on the titanium it doesn't.
Old 6th April 2012, 00:58   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Drove both. The petrol was very underpowered but enjoyed the diesel a lot.

I did not understand one thing though - why does this not have 4 power windows? Even on the titanium it doesn't.
Haha, My dad had the same question. When you're paying close to 7 lakh for a car, is it so hard to give 4 power windows? For me it isn't a big concern as I will be travelling alone or with a max of 2 people on board rarely. My AC will be on always so never had an issue.

As per the sales guy, rear power windows were not given because the rear window doesn't roll down completely Isn't that a lame reason to give?
Old 6th April 2012, 02:17   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Haha, My dad had the same question. When you're paying close to 7 lakh for a car, is it so hard to give 4 power windows? For me it isn't a big concern as I will be travelling alone or with a max of 2 people on board rarely. My AC will be on always so never had an issue.

As per the sales guy, rear power windows were not given because the rear window doesn't roll down completely Isn't that a lame reason to give?
I got a different answer from the sales guy here. He said that in an event where the cars electricals fail(he quoted the example of the mumbai floods), and door is jammed it is easier to get out of the car

But nevertheless, i really enjoyed driving this car. The car i drove had a few thousand kms on it and had quite a few rattles. Do you have that issue?

Last edited by ishotmydog : 6th April 2012 at 02:18.
Old 6th April 2012, 02:56   #68
BHPian

Quote:
I got a different answer from the sales guy here. He said that in an event where the cars electricals fail(he quoted the example of the mumbai floods), and door is jammed it is easier to get out of the car

But nevertheless, i really enjoyed driving this car. The car i drove had a few thousand kms on it and had quite a few rattles. Do you have that issue?
I have few rattles too. That's because of my audio and driving tough with those 15". I'm killing them one by one as I figure out where they are coming from.

Few will be gone after I dampen the roof and boot.
Old 6th April 2012, 12:21   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Haha, My dad had the same question. When you're paying close to 7 lakh for a car, is it so hard to give 4 power windows?
I guess, from the fact there's not even a provision to fit the power window, that Ford engineers might have worked on the possibility of fitting a power window motor that is made it to work to only 60% of rolldown and would have ended up with issues, thus deleting the feature even as an accessory/aftermarket fit.
Old 9th April 2012, 13:32   #70

Quote:
Thank you schoudhury. The flood lights are basically a pair of 10x8 SMDs mounted on a PCB. Figo's cabin light has enough space to accommodate both of them. I will post a pic with the lid opened if you want me to.
Hi Kingofmyworld, Can you share a pic with the lid open. I just tried this as well but somehow was not able to figure out on how to get the stock adapter fit a PCB board.
Old 12th April 2012, 14:07   #71
BHPian

nicely maintained car, and man - i just love your choice in alloys (your M800, and now this).

in addition to rest of your ICE, did you get Dynamat from US too OR it was bought locally? and where did you buy that armrest from?
Old 12th April 2012, 15:03   #72
BHPian

Nice looking car and looks well maintained, the dynamat pack installed, is it for reducing the road noise and do you see any reduction in road noise comparing the stock car.
Installing dynamat ,will it not void warranty?

-AM.
Old 12th April 2012, 18:46   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraddict View Post
Hi Kingofmyworld, Can you share a pic with the lid open. I just tried this as well but somehow was not able to figure out on how to get the stock adapter fit a PCB board.
Will do once I get back home tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
nicely maintained car, and man - i just love your choice in alloys (your M800, and now this).

in addition to rest of your ICE, did you get Dynamat from US too OR it was bought locally? and where did you buy that armrest from?
Thanks. I got them locally. The armrest too was sourced locally. Do a search on ebay.in and you'll have quite a lot of hand rests to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
Nice looking car and looks well maintained, the dynamat pack installed, is it for reducing the road noise and do you see any reduction in road noise comparing the stock car.
Installing dynamat ,will it not void warranty?

-AM.
It is basically to reduce rattle from the doors on high volumes and also to reduce road noise to an extent. Did not drive without the audio after I got my car so never really noticed the difference. Sorry about that. Anyways, My my-01 are noisy themselves so I do not think I'll be able to make any difference.

No the dynamats do no make any change to the warranty. All your warranty will be intact.

Odo as of today
Attached Thumbnails
A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-image2336174752.jpg  

Last edited by kingofmyworld : 12th April 2012 at 18:51.
Old 13th April 2012, 04:08   #74
BHPian

Here you go. This is how I arranged the 5X4 SMDs
Attached Thumbnails
A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-image549051568.jpg  

Old 17th April 2012, 09:47   #75

Quote:
Here you go. This is how I arranged the 5X4 SMDs
Thanks for sharing! So looks like you have joined the two PCBs taping them together and then connected it to the female socket. I will try this as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks