Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 08:51   #46
BHPian

Re: A common man's Ford Figo Titanium

Seems the figo hatch will swallow the verna sedan in the 3rd pic! Figo is looking at its best. Fat tyres, Bigger wheels, Black color and extra dark tints gives it a sinister look.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:40   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Beautifully shot pictures, especially the last one! The Figo looks smoking hot. By the way, is the white Verna Transform also yours?
Thank you. The verna belong to my best bud. It's on sale now as he bought the new jetta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Seems the figo hatch will swallow the verna sedan in the 3rd pic! Figo is looking at its best. Fat tyres, Bigger wheels, Black color and extra dark tints gives it a sinister look.
Indeed looks like a sinister. I was wondering how would a 50% smokedout tail lamps add up to the rugged look.

Last edited by kingofmyworld : 6th March 2012 at 11:42.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:47   #48
BHPian

Can someone explain the procedure to pair phone with the car.
Old 6th March 2012, 12:06   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post

PS : I can smell 90bhp soon ;-)
Aha! Do i smell a remap or a tuning box? Do PM me if you are onto something. I might be able to give you something interesting.

Last edited by gemithomas : 6th March 2012 at 12:08.
Old 6th March 2012, 15:42   #50
BHPian

I feel you should cover 10k kms before installing any race chips.
Old 6th March 2012, 16:20   #51
BHPian

@gemi : yes! A racechip! Need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok
I feel you should cover 10k kms before installing any race chips.
Odo is currently at 6200. It'll be 10000 by the end of April. :-D
Old 30th March 2012, 23:28   #52
BHPian

Just an update :

Did a road trip last week. Hyd-B'lore-Chennai-Pondy and back in the same way. The odo is currently at 9500 and will be giving the car for second service tomorrow. No major issues apart from the usual noises from here and there. Will get them fixed tomorrow.

Will post some pics from the road trip over the weekend.
Old 1st April 2012, 00:40   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post

Indeed looks like a sinister. I was wondering how would a 50% smokedout tail lamps add up to the rugged look.
Wow!, your Figo looks great! Really like the pics in the previous page. I think getting the lamps smoked would add really well to the existing look, and add a tuning box its complete!
Old 3rd April 2012, 00:19   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Can someone explain the procedure to pair phone with the car.
Step wise procedure to pair the phone.
1. On your Head Unit click Menu button till it reaches the Bluetooth option to ensure it says Bluetooth: On. Incase Bluetooth is off use the Volume button to turn it ON.
2. Turn Bluetooth on your phone and scan for devises. It will show a Device Ford My Connection. Select the device Ford My Connection. Default Pairing Code is “1234”.
3. Message on Head Unit Pair with Device. Move the Volume button to select yes. Once Pairing is done it will give you an additional option of BT Audio along with Aux IN and FM.

Note: I noticed that my HTC phone had be paired again from start if disconnected not sure if this was only my phone or certain phones give this issue.

Additional Bluetooth Menu information - When Bluetooth is on if you keep the Menu button pressed it shows you if currently the phone is connected or no also other options like Pair Device, Delete Device Etc.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd April 2012 at 03:36. Reason: Text fomrat tags removed.
Old 3rd April 2012, 19:18   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Wow!, your Figo looks great! Really like the pics in the previous page. I think getting the lamps smoked would add really well to the existing look, and add a tuning box its complete!
Thanks superutp. Smoked lamps is somewhere down the list. It might take some time but soon it'll be on.

Second service update :

Got the second service done at 9500 kms. I do not see much difference after the oil was changed. Dunno why but I just don't see a difference. Oil change and oil filter was changed right in front of me so no doubt about it.

FE was around 15-16.5 in the city with AC depending on which wheels im using. 20+ with both 14" and 15" on AC on the highway while doing 100+-15 kmph constant.

I'm pretty much happy with those mileage figures.

Cleaning done at the service was below par. they were just in a hurry to finish their job. I wasn't really happy with the cleaning part. Came back home n did the cleaning part myself.
Old 3rd April 2012, 20:19   #56
BHPian

Black is my favourite color and it looks good on the figo.

@Kingofmyworld: I have a query though. iam seriously looking to buy a diesel hatch and figo is right there at the top of my list. But everyone to whom i talk to tell that the suspension of figo sags with 5 people on board. is this true? your inputs would be most valuable to me.
Old 3rd April 2012, 23:37   #57
BHPian

That is one very neat looking Figo! The mods you have done in your car look fabulous!

I have always wanted to get a black car but everyone keeps scaring me as to how difficult it is to maintain that colour!
Old 4th April 2012, 17:38   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
Black is my favourite color and it looks good on the figo.

@Kingofmyworld: I have a query though. iam seriously looking to buy a diesel hatch and figo is right there at the top of my list. But everyone to whom i talk to tell that the suspension of figo sags with 5 people on board. is this true? your inputs would be most valuable to me.
Not really. There was some tweak done by ford in the recent batches to get over the low GC issue. I never had issues with the suspension or the ride quality with 5 people on board. I did a recent trip from hyderabad to pondicherry via bangalore n chennai with 5 people on board. None of them had an issue infact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
That is one very neat looking Figo! The mods you have done in your car look fabulous!

I have always wanted to get a black car but everyone keeps scaring me as to how difficult it is to maintain that colour!
Thanks ishotmydog. My parents were telling me the same that black would be a tough color to maintain. But all my bikes in the past were black and it wasn't a big deal to maintain them. Car is different but still I wanted black because the way black shines is something different. My love for black cars with hypersilver low profile wheels made me go for it! Been 4 months till date and never did I regret my choice. It just takes 20 mins to clean the car and once the cleaning part is done, It's just a BIIIIIIIIIIIG smile on my face.

Some pics for now.
Attached Thumbnails
A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-image2380705892.jpg  

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-image241127940.jpg  

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-image3935758288.jpg  

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-image3580955315.jpg  

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-image1153786421.jpg  

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-image284850062.jpg  

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-image287602005.jpg  

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-image1305350560.jpg  

Last edited by kingofmyworld : 4th April 2012 at 17:42.
Old 4th April 2012, 22:14   #59
BHPian

I have a strange question for you. Do you keep changing the wheels of your figo ? I saw the 14" wheels initially, then you shifted to 15" wheels, and now I see the 14" again. Or are they old pics which you took before shifting to 15" ??
Old 4th April 2012, 22:29   #60
Senior - BHPian

Wow!!! that's one hot FIGO.
And the mod done till date are simple and very good .
Good stuff bro.
Can you please give us some details about the floodlights, i would also like to do the same.

Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks