Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2012, 15:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Anniversary Surprise - Keys to happiness! White Tata Nano

While talking of static current, my friends alto k10 vxi, also builds up static charge and the current can be felt even on the door. He has not put rubber mats in the car.
But in my Ikon , I have no such issues.
Old 13th March 2012, 11:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Completed 300 kms yesterday. Still the fuel indicator shows no signs of coming down. Also, got a "kaala tika" from a biker onto the bumper to ward of the car from evil eyes!! Tried "colin" (as that was the only thing available with me then) to remove the scratch; didn't help so, will set it in the first service.
Old 13th March 2012, 15:29   #18
BHPian

Do not bother about minor scratches. You can't avoid them on Indian roads.
Old 13th March 2012, 21:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Completed 300 kms yesterday. Still the fuel indicator shows no signs of coming down. Also, got a "kaala tika" from a biker onto the bumper to ward of the car from evil eyes!! Tried "colin" (as that was the only thing available with me then) to remove the scratch; didn't help so, will set it in the first service.
Congrats for your Nano. I have immense respect for this product, and i believe that it is one of the most practical cars in the market today. And the 2012 model has turned out to be an even better product. It can be a great second car for city and occasional highway driving, and is VFM as well.

I do love the Papaya Orange color in the nano. It is a head turner. Drool Drool :-)

Don't bother too much about the "kaala tikas". Only the first will give you a few goosebumps, from second onward you will be okay.

Wish you loads of happy smiles! Enjoy your 'Khushiyon ki Chaabi'
Old 14th March 2012, 13:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks everyone. The car is surprisingly peppy and I didn't realize when I touched 80 KMPH. However, knowing the fact that it doesnt have disc brakes, I slowed down to a respectable 60 KMPH.
How are you coping with the non-PS steering? I TD's a Nano last weekend but was put off by the really hard steering even by non-PS steering standards. At stand still i was not able to turn the wheels at all, atleast I was able to do that on my Zen Lx which also did not have power steering.

The "Kaala Teekas" will always be there no matter how careful you are, mine has 3-4 teekas like this now in 6 months and after the first one I have not bothered about the rest
Old 14th March 2012, 16:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
How are you coping with the non-PS steering? I TD's a Nano last weekend but was put off by the really hard steering even by non-PS steering standards. At stand still i was not able to turn the wheels at all, atleast I was able to do that on my Zen Lx which also did not have power steering.

The "Kaala Teekas" will always be there no matter how careful you are, mine has 3-4 teekas like this now in 6 months and after the first one I have not bothered about the rest
Well, I too have a zen which has an EPS, so I find it weird to drive a car with no PS; I am getting used to it and try and drive the car on raods where I may not encounter much traffic.

Yes, Kaala teekas always scare me! Especially when the car is white! I know, I have to get used to it
Old 20th March 2012, 23:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

can someone confirm if Nano has 6 fuel indicator bars or 5? I can see only 5 but see a lot more space for another bar in ODO. Also, my 2nd refuel could take only 12.38 liters; what happened to the 16 liter tank?
Old 21st March 2012, 00:59   #23
BHPian

Just bumped in to this thread... Congrats on your third anniversary and becoming a dad. It sure is a surprise gift from your wife and as somebody mentioned, you probably a well behaved Hubby and hence deserved it.

Post some more pics and your experience with the new baby.
Old 23rd March 2012, 01:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

can someone confirm if Nano has 6 fuel indicator bars or 5? I can see only 5 but see a lot more space for another bar in ODO. Also, my 2nd refuel could take only 12.38 liters; what happened to the 16 liter tank?
It has 6 fuel bars ( One bar = 2 ltrs ) - check your manual.
12.38 ltrs only? Mine takes close to 17 ltrs, and there are many who report the same.

Try refuelling on different outlet and let us know how much it takes.

Nano has 15 litre tank which can take 17 litres if filled till brim - Not recommended.

Please get it checked, there should be 6 bars when the tank is full.
Kindly go through my thread - Nano in my life, it has a picture showing fuel indicator.

Last edited by silverado : 23rd March 2012 at 02:05.
Old 29th March 2012, 10:59   #25
Senior - BHPian

Completed a month and "420" kms yesterday!

Update on niggles:
  • There's some rattling sound from the front left door. Something is loose, needs attention.
  • The Rubber beading on the RHS rear door is sticking out (poor job by the guy who fixed it).
  • First gear looks to be a bit notchy, need to be sorted during 1st service.
  • The wiper doesnt seem to be cleaning effectively and leaves marks; need to be fixed.
All in all, I am pretty happy with the way car is performing; and yes, the way people stare at the car embarrass me...!
Old 29th March 2012, 11:26   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Completed a month and "420" kms yesterday!
First gear looks to be a bit notchy, need to be sorted during 1st service.
  • The wiper doesnt seem to be cleaning effectively and leaves marks; need to be fixed.
congratulations on the gift.
is the clutch still hard?

during the month of Jan, i borrowed a colleague's NANO for couple of weeks to show the car to foreign clients who were visiting India (they go excited on seeing a NANO so showing a NANO to foreign customers is in the TO DO list now), that car had done about 3000 KMs and the clutch was still hard and uncomfortable to use (harder than my OHC or NHC); i hope that is one odd example and the same is not the case with every NANO; buying a NANO is in my wish list for this christmas.
Old 29th March 2012, 14:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
congratulations on the gift.
is the clutch still hard?
I have not driven the 2011 (and older) models of Nano; I do not find the clutch hard. It is only the steering wheel that needs extra flexing of muscles at near dead speeds. Once the car picks up speed, it is fun machine.
Old 19th June 2012, 19:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats amtak on the Nano, I am watching the updates eagerly.

In your pics, do I see two different numberplates on the back and front of your Nano?
Old 20th June 2012, 00:32   #29
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Amtak - do you still get the static? - was it attributed conculsively to the cover finally?

How was the first service experience? Do continue the experience.

You are among the lucky few who have the better half give us such a gift.
Old 30th June 2012, 10:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Amtak - do you still get the static? - was it attributed conculsively to the cover finally?

How was the first service experience? Do continue the experience.

You are among the lucky few who have the better half give us such a gift.
Hi ACM,

Nope, I haven't felt the static issue ever since. I guess it was because of the cover. My first service experience was very good at Wasan. I would say that it was better than my recent experiences at Maruti! I went in at 9.00 AM, and was attended at 9.02, problems explained to the SA and out by 9.20! Car was supposed to be delivered at 3.00 PM and I requested if they could deliver it home (would have worked out cheaper that way!) and they did

I have booked another service with them for 8th July as one of the locks is not opening up with key. Will have it resolved then and my clutch pad has started wearing off!

PS: So far I have completed about 1900 KMS in the last 4 months and use it regularly to visit my office at Ghansoli. Have seen you many a times!!!

PPS: Mileage is about 16-18 kmpl with the AC in mode 1/2

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks