Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2012, 12:05   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Anniversary Surprise - Keys to happiness! White Tata Nano

Have given the car for "running repairs service". Car is still at the service center and will be delivered home by EOD. Following were the issues which I reported:
  1. Wiper not cleaning properly
  2. Rattling noise from the parcel shelf (some rubber components fell off)
  3. Checked clutch, will be attended to, clutch pad which is worn out will be replaced under warranty.
  4. Have requested for a proper polish on the car.
Btw, completed 2050 Kms today and I have been doing tankful to tankful refills. Initial reports suggested 14-15 KMPL; however on my last refuel I have got 21 KMPL with AC.

Some pictures for your viewing pleasure! That's my sonny planning to shift gears; As they say, like father, like son!
Attached Thumbnails
Anniversary Surprise - Keys to happiness! White Tata Nano-img2012070800737.jpg  

Anniversary Surprise - Keys to happiness! White Tata Nano-img2012070800736.jpg  

Anniversary Surprise - Keys to happiness! White Tata Nano-img2012070800735.jpg  

Anniversary Surprise - Keys to happiness! White Tata Nano-img2012070800739.jpg  

Last edited by amtak : 8th July 2012 at 12:12.
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 11:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

Well, the bill amount is Zero and the car is getting delivered today evening at the house. All the problems that I listed have been attended to under warranty. This time also, Wasan Motors gets a thumbs up from me.
Old 19th July 2012, 09:38   #48
Senior - BHPian

Just to update all, Tata is recalling Nano's for fixing insutrument cluster motor...Received call from the service center yesterday and taking it to them this sunday. Looks like a 30 min job as per the service advisor.
Old 19th July 2012, 20:23   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Just to update all, Tata is recalling Nano's for fixing insutrument cluster motor...Received call from the service center yesterday and taking it to them this sunday. Looks like a 30 min job as per the service advisor.
Hi Amtak,

That's a very useful piece of info. I too had purchased a white Nano 2012, top variant in Feb'12. I have not received any call from the service center. Could it be that it's for a particular batch or so?. Will check this right away.

BTW, excellent pics and enjoy to the fullest!.
Completed @800 kms till date. The pickup and acceleration is amazing especially till the 3rd gear. As you said, one never knows that it has touched 80kmph.
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Just to update you all, the instrument cluster was replaced as part of the recall by TAMO yesterday; the service center was full of colorful Nano's. The part costs some 1500 bucks + Taxes and now has a provision for "central lock display". Thought not activated in my car, I believe when I install remote locking/safety device, I may be able to connect it with my car?
Old 24th July 2012, 18:15   #51
Senior - BHPian

Have been a big fan of the little 'Nano' car and very happy to read every new adoption and its associated happiness.

Hope more and more folks put their hands on one and get to feel the space and design of the car. Only then they will be able to truly appreciate the car and bring one home themselves!

Lucky you to get such a nice gift from your wifi and good to read about your experience so far with TASS and usage. Many Happy Miles ahead!

Must say it is a real head turner and a practical one at the same time.

Last edited by girishglg : 24th July 2012 at 18:17.
Old 19th August 2012, 00:58   #52
BHPian

Hi,

Have you received any receipt after the instrument cluster change? I got mine changed but they didnt give any receipt. Just mentioned that they would update in their records that the change is done.

OT: Your son is so cute :-)
Old 19th August 2012, 15:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Hi,

Have you received any receipt after the instrument cluster change? I got mine changed but they didnt give any receipt. Just mentioned that they would update in their records that the change is done.

OT: Your son is so cute :-)
Hi Pallavi,

I had the invoice for the work done by them; obviously the bill amount is zero but it serves as a record. Also, it seems they have introduced glovebox for the Nano; need to fix it but wondering where would the speakers go!

Source for the same - Mr. Dhruv Pandit from TAI

OT: Thank you for the compliment!
Attached Thumbnails
Anniversary Surprise - Keys to happiness! White Tata Nano-forumrunner_20120818_090855.png.jpg  

Old 20th August 2012, 17:24   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Pallavi,

I had the invoice for the work done by them; obviously the bill amount is zero but it serves as a record. Also, it seems they have introduced glovebox for the Nano; need to fix it but wondering where would the speakers go!
KHT motors confirmed that they would give the invoice but they "forgot" and would courier the same.

Glovebox is a must-have for me. Just wondering if they have it in Beige to match the dash and if in beige, how bad would the reflection be in the windscreen.
Old 21st August 2012, 10:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
KHT motors confirmed that they would give the invoice but they "forgot" and would courier the same.

Glovebox is a must-have for me. Just wondering if they have it in Beige to match the dash and if in beige, how bad would the reflection be in the windscreen.
Ideally they should have it in beige too. I too want them, but wondering where would they move my speakers?
Old 27th October 2012, 14:32   #56
Senior - BHPian

Just wanted to post an update to this thread. 6 months of ownership and having clocked 4500 Kms, I can say one thing - I am one happy Nano customer. Zero niggles whatsoever! Was thinking of changing the roof color to black but dropped the idea for now. Only upgrade that I have done for now is threw away the Syndicate wipers and have put in Hella; one hell of a cleaner it is

Last but not the least - Kitna deti hai? 16-19 with AC in traffic conditions; This car is my daily drive than my Zen.
Old 1st February 2013, 09:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

My car is about to complete a year now and is due for it's second service. Have booked it with Wasan Tata at Kandivali as always for 17th February. Till last week, nothing major but from today onwards, I am facing 2 critical issues:
  • Sometimes while moving the vehicle there's an irritating churrrrrrrr sound that the car makes. I am assuming it is from the brake cylinders but cannot confirm. Also, just like when we visit a doctor and some illness sympotoms disappear, so does this noise. What could be the source of this sound?
  • Driver seat has stopped supporting my back since today morning. It it reclining more than what I would want it to be. Would the service center guys understand what I am talking about? I don't want to end up with a hump on my back.
Apart from that, everything else is okay; mileage hovers between 18-20 with AC and is a delight to drive in town.

Last edited by amtak : 1st February 2013 at 09:52.
Old 3rd April 2013, 19:01   #58
BHPian

One lucky husband over here! Please keep the updates coming especially about the service costs.
In my heart, I have had a great respect for the cutie ever since it was launched. Yes the packaging is brilliant but what most people overlook is the personal effect that it has. You see, a person buying a more expensive car maybe doesn't have the emotional attachment to his car that such an affordable one has. Think about it - whichever car you may be owning now, however expensive or luxurious it may be, you have a special spot in your heart reserved for your first car. And that is what this car provides, a medium to step into the four wheeler segment.
Wish that the issues and the niggles in your car are sorted out ASAP and you have a fun time owning and driving him.
Cheers.
Old 3rd April 2013, 23:00   #59
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Batfreak. The car is performing flawlessly and brings on a smile everytime I driver her in the city. Avg fuel efficiency has remained between 19-20 with ac and I am very happy with the way TATA service is treating me. I am currently having some issues with the driver seat and TATA guys are in touch with me regarding the same.
Old 4th April 2013, 10:03   #60
BHPian

Quote:
My car is about to complete a year now and is due for it's second service. Have booked it with Wasan Tata at Kandivali as always for 17th February. Till last week, nothing major but from today onwards, I am facing 2 critical issues:
  • Sometimes while moving the vehicle there's an irritating churrrrrrrr sound that the car makes. I am assuming it is from the brake cylinders but cannot confirm. Also, just like when we visit a doctor and some illness sympotoms disappear, so does this noise. What could be the source of this sound?
  • Driver seat has stopped supporting my back since today morning. It it reclining more than what I would want it to be. Would the service center guys understand what I am talking about? I don't want to end up with a hump on my back.
Apart from that, everything else is okay; mileage hovers between 18-20 with AC and is a delight to drive in town.
Sir is the "churrr" sound coming at the cranking or is it present throughtout?
We have a Nano whose timing belt needs some attention and it causes this noise.
Also, I am guessing that your problem is that when you get comfortable in your seat, the seat gives way and reclines a little, is it?
If yes then there must be some play in the seat now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks