Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 16:54   #61
BHPian

Re: Hyundai I20: Comprehensive Review

Thanks sid for nice review of i-Gen i20!

Does anyone know following about the i20?
- Ground Clearance (mm)
- Turning Radius (m)
- Boot Space (Ltr)
- Kerb Weight (kg)

I could not get any details in the review (or Hyundai's brochure).

Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 19:26   #62
BHPian

Yesterday we got delivery of i20 Sportz AT. Here are some pictures:

Hyundai I20: Comprehensive Review-image277654829.jpg

Hyundai I20: Comprehensive Review-image3370351212.jpg

Sorry for crappy images as they were taken by phone camera.

Mods: just realized that images didn't get uploaded correctly as I uploaded them directly from my iPhone. Let me Know how to pull them down and re-upload them after rotating.

Last edited by Nitrous Power : 9th May 2012 at 19:31.
Old 10th May 2012, 09:32   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
Mods: just realized that images didn't get uploaded correctly as I uploaded them directly from my iPhone. Let me Know how to pull them down and re-upload them after rotating.
Just simply edit your post and go to advanced mode. Click on attachments button, remove your existing ones, edit it and re-attach it.
Old 13th May 2012, 20:35   #64
BHPian

Just when I was finalising the Swift ZDi, test drove this stunner and I am thoroughly confused now. The Sportz variant costs an additional 40 k on road in Delhi but is loaded to the hilt. Need some serious advise on maintenance costs and mileage to take a final call
Old 14th May 2012, 01:55   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Just when I was finalising the Swift ZDi, test drove this stunner and I am thoroughly confused now. The Sportz variant costs an additional 40 k on road in Delhi but is loaded to the hilt. Need some serious advise on maintenance costs and mileage to take a final call
I would go for an i20 over swift for couple of reasons. The interior quality of i20 is far better than that of swift & it is much more spacious. The kind of gadgetries provided in the new face lifted i20 is best in its segment. I won an i20 since last 2 & half years & apart from the infamous rattles , I never faced any issues with my car yet. So far its a nice experience with the Hyundai service & the cost of service would be similar to swift if not less. To give you an idea, my 18k km servicing [Non-Free] costed me approx. 3500/- with engine oil change & wheel balancing.
Old 28th May 2012, 23:33   #66
BHPian

Re: Exterior Design and Engineering

You mentioned the following which i found contradictory to the official i20 brochure. Was just wondering if somehow the brochure is supplying incorrect material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

clean air ionizer only on asta.

The i20 comes with an inbuilt stereo with CD/ MP3, USB, aux-in, IPOD support and bluetooth connectivity. Higher end models also get steering mounted audio and bluetooth controls and the audio display

As per brochure clean air ioniser starts from magna (o)

Also buletooth starts from sportz
Old 29th May 2012, 09:01   #67
Senior - BHPian

I TD the sportz yesterday and here is my verdict. I am on the lookout for anything between 6 - 7 lacs - diesel hatch. On the initial list I had the Micra and the Etios BUT they look very unattractive and are not loaded despite a high price.

I narrowed it down to ( In preference of choice ) - All diesel -

1.POLO Comfortline - 7.2x OTR Agra
2. i20 Sportz - 7.76 OTR Agra
3. Swift ZDi - 7.5x OTR Agra

I TD the Polo yesterday and although did a small ride in a friends brand new car - I was very unimpressed yesterday as the TD car had 11000 km's and although it was good and torquey the equipment list had NOTHING !! This was shocking since the car was so naked in comparison to the others I felt paying a premium for a smart german hatch was not worth it. All my friends also said do not go for the POLO.

i20 - guy came in 1 hour and came with a brand new sportz which I assume was for someone - he said I could take it for a quick spin BUT not test it the way I shouldd be doing. Since I know the Hyundai guys and the owners of the dealership I obliged.

The car is packed to the brim - Alloys, All 4 discs & ABS, driver airbag, Stereo with steering remote, Bluetooth, Electric Mirrors retract and adjust both, rear web cam in chromatic RVM, fog lamps, cooled glove box,. The equipment puts a 20 lac car to shame.

So VFM was there. It also comes with a 1.4 crdi mill instead of a 1.2 although 1.2 is more fun to drive.

However the suspension / shockers are pathetic in the i20 and the steering is unbeleivable. There is just no feel to it !! Horrible to use - has absolutely no firmess, You can spin it around with your little finger. Dangerous at high speeds.

Then there is the very famous STEERING ISSUE which is supposedly solved.

I am now going to have a look at the Swift ZDi today and decide.

Its going to be the Swift or the i20.

Waiting periods in Agra are - POLO - off the shelf, i20 - 1-2 weeks, Swift - 2 weeks.

WHITE COLOR. No discounts on either - just 5k worth of accesories at the most.
Old 29th May 2012, 09:58   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I narrowed it down to ( In preference of choice ) - All diesel -

1.POLO Comfortline - 7.2x OTR Agra
2. i20 Sportz - 7.76 OTR Agra
3. Swift ZDi - 7.5x OTR Agra

Its going to be the Swift or the i20.

Waiting periods in Agra are - POLO - off the shelf, i20 - 1-2 weeks, Swift - 2 weeks.
You mean Swift ZDI in 2 weeks?
What happened to all those long waiting periods (in many months). Is this specific in Agra? or the effect of Dzire/Ertiga/new i20?
Old 29th May 2012, 11:44   #69
Senior - BHPian

Yes 2 weeks Swift VDi or ZDi - The maximum Agra ever had was 6 - 8 weeks a long time back and yes the Dezire has a longer waiting period - over a month right now.

I guess it is because of the close proximity to Gurgaon. Even Jaipur has a few days waiting.

I can't understand in some posts why they say months specially down south India in Chennai and Bangalore.

In fact just got a call from Hyundai saying I can have it today if I finalise. Only white though. Other colors will take 2 weeks.

Same for Swift - other colors may take 3 weeks.

Oh and by the way RITZ diesel is available off the shelf.
Old 30th May 2012, 07:09   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrikantDora

I would go for an i20 over swift for couple of reasons. The interior quality of i20 is far better than that of swift & it is much more spacious. The kind of gadgetries provided in the new face lifted i20 is best in its segment. I won an i20 since last 2 & half years & apart from the infamous rattles , I never faced any issues with my car yet. So far its a nice experience with the Hyundai service & the cost of service would be similar to swift if not less. To give you an idea, my 18k km servicing [Non-Free] costed me approx. 3500/- with engine oil change & wheel balancing.
Thanks Sri, finally chose the swift over i20. My primary reasons being - peace of mind, dealership experience and overall feel of the Swift.
Old 9th June 2012, 23:38   #71
BHPian

Excellent review. Booked the i20 magna diesel, now waiting for the delivery!!
Old 19th June 2012, 08:39   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_
Excellent review. Booked the i20 magna diesel, now waiting for the delivery!!
Hi Dexter, i20!is being offered off the shelf here in Delhi. What is the waiting period given to you ?
Old 10th September 2012, 14:12   #73
BHPian

Booked the i20 Sportz CRDI a couple of weeks back. Expected delivery date is on 10th, but gf wants me to pick it up only after Ganesh Chathurthi. Sheesh these girls cannot understand the workings of a petrol head's head!
Old 25th September 2012, 17:53   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Hi Dexter, i20!is being offered off the shelf here in Delhi. What is the waiting period given to you ?
Sorry fot the late response. I had a waiting period of about a month. But this was only due to my crappy dealer (Car Bazaar, Mumbai). Other dealers were giving a delivery in 3 days. Suggest anyone who is considering Car Bazaar as an option - pls think again. Will be documenting my experience soon on another thread for the benefit of all.
Old 11th December 2012, 15:13   #75
BHPian

Hi All,

Any recent buying experiences (waiting times for certain colours, etc) with the i20? I'm in Bangalore and am considering the Sportz or Asta Diesel variant? Right now, the price diff. is about 1.5L between petrol and diesel. Based on the km's we do per day/month the return is max. about 30 months.

Thanks,
mini

Last edited by miniwarmth : 11th December 2012 at 15:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks