Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2012, 19:15   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor

Thanks Karan. A4 has an option to add navigation black box from Mapmyindia or SatNav , this does not void warranty.

The new MMI has Internet browsing feature (though limited) using tethering over Bluetooth from a 3G enabled iPhone or Android.
Thanks Rishi, Audi has advised me that it will void warranty, so don't know what's to be done unless you're talking about just the tablet plug and play option?

Also can you please tell me how to browse internet on the mmi as there is no such option I can see.
Old 9th June 2012, 20:47   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981

Thanks Rishi, Audi has advised me that it will void warranty, so don't know what's to be done unless you're talking about just the tablet plug and play option?

Also can you please tell me how to browse internet on the mmi as there is no such option I can see.
Karan, Audi South Delhi sales guy demonstrated this to me so I guess this may require a software update. Not sure about warranty part but sales guy mentioned to me that SatNav black box or MMI black box may be added as plug n play and you can control it through their I drive equivalent control knob.
Old 17th June 2012, 14:39   #33
BHPian

Re: JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP fami

Congrats for the car Rishi. Photos really do the justice.

Look at the Red Brown interiors with the sunroof. They give the car the finish it needs. Looks classy to say the least and a very different change from the regular blacks

One question on the alloys. Are they the normal ones or did you order them specially? They look elegant.
Old 17th June 2012, 17:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8
Congrats for the car Rishi. Photos really do the justice.

Look at the Red Brown interiors with the sunroof. They give the car the finish it needs. Looks classy to say the least and a very different change from the regular blacks

One question on the alloys. Are they the normal ones or did you order them specially? They look elegant.
Thanks Gaurav. The alloys are factory fitted, these 17 inch multi-spoke alloys are available only on exclusive edition.
Old 30th June 2012, 14:32   #35
BHPian

Re: JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP fami

@ Rishi..lovely Beemer you have there..May you have years of Joy full driving ahead...!!!

Are you still using the stock run-flat tyres or have you tried to switch them for normal tubeless radials ? The ride quality is far better for normal tubeless tyres than run flats .. isn't so ?

And if you switch to normal radials would you require a special BMW tool to remove the tyres from the Alloys ( like the ones BMW personnel carry to remove run-flats from alloy wheels ) ? And can you get a spare alloy wheel from BMW if you decide to do the switch to normal radials ?
Old 30th June 2012, 16:00   #36
BHPian

@rishi_kapoor - Congratulations.. I liked your post, it is so very well written and liked the snaps...

Enjoy driving the beast..!!
Old 10th July 2012, 17:26   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
@ Rishi..lovely Beemer you have there..May you have years of Joy full driving ahead...!!!

Are you still using the stock run-flat tyres or have you tried to switch them for normal tubeless radials ? The ride quality is far better for normal tubeless tyres than run flats .. isn't so ?

And if you switch to normal radials would you require a special BMW tool to remove the tyres from the Alloys ( like the ones BMW personnel carry to remove run-flats from alloy wheels ) ? And can you get a spare alloy wheel from BMW if you decide to do the switch to normal radials ?
Thanks Turbo car. I am using RFTs as my car is under BMW secure. Frankly, I havent noticed too harsh drive as anticipated based on reviews. This may be due to the fact that car is driven mostly on good roads.

I will continue with RFTs for the time being, I dont think a special tool would be required to put tubeless on these alloys, will try to find out about it on my next service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta View Post
@rishi_kapoor - Congratulations.. I liked your post, it is so very well written and liked the snaps...

Enjoy driving the beast..!!
Thanks fiesta, I am glad you liked my post.
Old 18th July 2012, 21:01   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor

Thanks Turbo car. I am using RFTs as my car is under BMW secure. Frankly, I havent noticed too harsh drive as anticipated based on reviews. This may be due to the fact that car is driven mostly on good roads.

I will continue with RFTs for the time being, I dont think a special tool would be required to put tubeless on these alloys, will try to find out about it on my next service.

Thanks fiesta, I am glad you liked my post.
Congrats and welcome to the Bimmer family, enjoy all the 'Joy Unplanned'
Old 19th July 2012, 16:16   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
Congrats and welcome to the Bimmer family, enjoy all the 'Joy Unplanned'
Thanks Rajesh, This is my wife's car, I do take it out for spin sometimes but I love my Outlander (more) Somehow I feel crammed in driver's seat or may be I am spoiled with my 545i and 750li drives in US

Lets see if I can afford a 530d on my next scheduled change.
Old 2nd September 2012, 12:29   #40
BHPian

Is it worth buying old 320d 27,30,000/- on road price in hyderabad? Please advice
Old 2nd September 2012, 20:27   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manne View Post
Is it worth buying old 320d 27,30,000/- on road price in hyderabad? Please advice
You can start a new thread if you have an urgent query.

Either way, it depends on the model year, condition of the exterior, the interior, the mechanicals, the mileage, accident damage, service history, presence of BMW Secure and/or BMW Service Inclusive(BSI) etc.

You can ask the Kun exclusive guys for the cars history on any unusual hints.

IMO, as a start, if everything is in good nick, if the car is in its 1st year of purchase, no accident damage and for the 320d exclusive edition, it is a good price. But if you intend to bargain, don't lose a car with less mileage, usage and maintenance just to save a little money.

Hope it helps. Happy shopping..

pEaCe

Last edited by AirbusA340 : 2nd September 2012 at 20:29.
Old 2nd September 2012, 20:34   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manne
When you say "old" you mean a used 320d or a old model (E90) but brand new purchase?

27.30 for a brand new old E90 looks too good to be true. Which variant is this CE, Dynamic or exclusive?
Old 2nd September 2012, 21:32   #43
BHPian

It's Brand new 2012 Feb 320D CE with temp. Registration.
Old 3rd September 2012, 00:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations , she is quite the stunner and that color looks really nice.

Earlier this year i was in Chennai and alternating between the 3 series and the Mercedes , i did not get a chance to drive either honestly in Chennai but this went on for about 20 days ( 1 day i had the merc ,the next the BMW and then back again to the merc) and at the end of these 20 days i was fairly sure if i one ever had a choice between these 2 , i would go for the BMW - subject to my experience in driving both but i am fairly confident that the BMW wont disappoint there as well!

Congrats again.
Old 3rd September 2012, 01:11   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manne View Post
It's Brand new 2012 Feb 320D CE with temp. Registration.
Don't know about the taxes out there in HYD but seems quite high for the CE. Anything around 23-24 should be the right price if you are planning to pick up the car on 'Temp' number.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks