Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2012, 09:58   #61
BHPian

Re: JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP fami

It's great to see the responses to my Queries on Buying 320D E90. thanks to all for your great responses and special thanks to Airbus A340.

The reason i was putting incomplete queries on Temp. Registration was trying to buy the vehicle in the other states and getting registered in hyderabad as i was getting good deals from the dealers out side of AP. Got the answers to my queries thru an RTA Agent.

Finally I took the delivery on 20th September from Kun Hyderabad and so far clocked 98 Km's. The delivery process is smooth and the dealer was very responsive. I give 5 star rating for Kun Hyderabad Sales.

Was driving manual earlier (Elantra CRDI). Driving powerful Auto machine is different and great experience but missing the manual gear shifts. Sales Rep. Mr Bibek said I can use manual shift too, never tried sofar. If possible Share me your experiences on this.

If not this I would have bought a Jetta (Liked this during my first Test Drive).

Now trying for a fancy number.

Once again big thank to Team-bhp Team
Old 24th September 2012, 14:59   #62
BHPian

Re: JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP fami

I drove the vehicle in Normal (D),Sports and Manual mode in Hyderabad ORR. The sports mode is simply superb.

I have couple of Queries. Appreciate the response.

Found manual mode is better than normal mode. In case of manual mode will it take the power as sports mode or normal mode?

How the fuel consumption in each mode for city and highway driving?
Old 24th September 2012, 18:18   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manne View Post
I drove the vehicle in Normal (D),Sports and Manual mode in Hyderabad ORR. The sports mode is simply superb.

Found manual mode is better than normal mode. In case of manual mode will it take the power as sports mode or normal mode?

First of all congrats on the ride! The fuel consumption would be the highest in the DS mode as the engine revs to the redline, but thrill's guaranteed! In the manual mode, your style of driving would determine the fuel consumption though it will give you slightly less mileage than the normal (D).
Old 24th September 2012, 23:25   #64
BHPian

Quote:

Finally I took the delivery on 20th September from Kun Hyderabad and so far clocked 98 Km's. The delivery process is smooth and the dealer was very responsive. I give 5 star rating for Kun Hyderabad Sales.

Now trying for a fancy number.

Once again big thank to Team-bhp Team
cOnGrAtS. Excellent buy!

I agree, these guys are doing a good job and maintaining good PR with all customers alike...for now I'd say

Now don't vanish without a few pics buddy lol. Waiting eagerly. ORR is a great place to shoot some.

Quote:

Adisingh has shed some light. Other than spirited driving, sometimes when you have to zoom and overtake & act quick in a situation you can slap it to the left and knock it one or two notches forward and rev! You'll see the difference in how these modes help in everyday driving too. Of course, keep your safety sense prevailing. It's just a way to overtake when really needed.

Happy cornering!

pEaCe

Last edited by AirbusA340 : 24th September 2012 at 23:30.
AirbusA340 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 00:12   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post
It's just a way to overtake when really needed.

pEaCe
It's also a way to put a big grin on your face while driving

PS: Do post the pics soon. Eagerly waiting... Don't know what's there in the E90 LCI 3-Series, even while I'm in my 525d I just have to turn back if I spot a 3er and keep looking at her until she's no more visible
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 00:45   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
It's also a way to put a big grin on your face while driving

PS: Do post the pics soon. Eagerly waiting... Don't know what's there in the E90 LCI 3-Series, even while I'm in my 525d I just have to turn back if I spot a 3er and keep looking at her until she's no more visible
lol true. A big grin that too!

Old 7th May 2014, 18:58   #67
BHPian

Okay guys, here is two year update...

Two years passed away too soon in BMW
The car is used by my wife for her daily commute, she does close to 1000 Kms per week. The car has done 27000 and recently went in for 2nd service (under BSI ultimate).

No issues so far except that 2 tyres (rear) may need replacement in next 10000-15000 KMs. Last time BMW technicians told me that BMW does not encourage rotation and this time they said roatation is required! anyways, the better tire with over 70% life were put at back and others with 40% life were put at front.

There is lot of road noise in cabin, BMW technicians are attributing it to RFTs, I am not completely convinced. They have already checked up the wheel bearings and there is no issue with that. I have asked them to escalate it to BMW so that they can send some senior technician to check.

I am planning to extend my BSI Ultimate from 3yr/60000 to 5yr/60000 based on usage pattern. This is the only way to get additional warranty. Cost is about 1 lac additional. I am still weighing my options.

Car continues to perform flawlessly apart from noise issue which may well be normal but I want it checked. Let me know if you want to know any other thing. Thanks

Mods: Please move thread to long term ownership if required. Thanks.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 13:45   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Okay guys, here is two year update...

Two years passed away too soon in BMW
The car is used by my wife for her daily commute, she does close to 1000 Kms per week. The car has done 27000 and recently went in for 2nd service (under BSI ultimate).

No issues so far except that 2 tyres (rear) may need replacement in next 10000-15000 KMs. Last time BMW technicians told me that BMW does not encourage rotation and this time they said roatation is required! anyways, the better tire with over 70% life were put at back and others with 40% life were put at front.

There is lot of road noise in cabin, BMW technicians are attributing it to RFTs, I am not completely convinced. They have already checked up the wheel bearings and there is no issue with that. I have asked them to escalate it to BMW so that they can send some senior technician to check.

I am planning to extend my BSI Ultimate from 3yr/60000 to 5yr/60000 based on usage pattern. This is the only way to get additional warranty. Cost is about 1 lac additional. I am still weighing my options.

Car continues to perform flawlessly apart from noise issue which may well be normal but I want it checked. Let me know if you want to know any other thing. Thanks

Mods: Please move thread to long term ownership if required. Thanks.
Sir, take the additional warranty - you have no idea how much it's worth it. I have already vasoolied the entire payment in my first 2 years n 3 months of ownership.

Also, waiting with baited breath on the 'doosri' acquisition report!
Old 16th May 2014, 15:53   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elantracrdi05 View Post
Sir, take the additional warranty - you have no idea how much it's worth it. I have already vasoolied the entire payment in my first 2 years n 3 months of ownership.

Also, waiting with baited breath on the 'doosri' acquisition report!
Agree with you sir, extending it to 5yr/60000.

Doosra thread is already on this forum, please search for it and provide your comments
Old 16th June 2014, 10:33   #70
BHPian

Upgraded BSI ultimate to 5yr/60k.

Changed RFTs to Michelin Primacy 3ST and bought a donut as spare.

Car's performance has dramatically changed after change of shoes. Much quieter, very comfortable and better performance.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 09:58   #71
BHPian

Re: JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family

A long overdue update: My 320d has found a new home!

With a heavy heart I had to sell my 320d to make way for new 520d Sport. The car had done 82000 Kms and was 6 years old. Scratchless, dependable and no-trouble ownership experience. And a real piece of BMW lineage.

Will write about my new 520d experience as soon as I get some time. Cheers.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks