Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2012, 11:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles - My Maruti Swift ZDi EDIT: Now sold!

Congrats on the new car and those alloys are stunning - and not just in the pictures , someone on our road just bought the same color and it arrived last night , saw it parked next to my car this morning and the first aspect of the car which i noticed were the alloys!!
Old 19th June 2012, 20:04   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Yeah i did TD the new igen top end but after i got my swift. The car is pretty much the same except for tweaked exterior. Below are just my opinion

Pro

Good equipment levels
Feels more spacious
Great brakes
Great for city drive
Boot better than swift

Cons

Light and no feed back from steering just feels same as my verna
AC is poor. Poor i mean poorer than my linea ( which just manages to keep you just comfy)
Poor highway drivability due to light steering and car runs out of breath at 120-130 and feels unstable
Sitting on road feel just like my verna due to low slung seats
The AC is still bad? And some say it has been improved considerably. Did you try it in full blast?
Old 20th June 2012, 08:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
The AC is still bad? And some say it has been improved considerably. Did you try it in full blast?
O yes it is still not up to what we expect. I personally dont think they have done anything to the A/C. It is just the same. Though they say that they have rectified it. it is the same with steering column rattle. i did have a rattle once when i was taking the car on the highway and was not at all confident to take the car higher up after that. My friend who owns the car feels the same too.

Meanwhile back to my car

The car has come back from first service at MSM. Had quite a drama going on. Left the car for service at MSM on saturday. Telling them that i had issues with antenna wobbling. Horn vibrating, and to put body painted bumper mouldings ( old swift type, not the one with chrome) and do underchassis protection.

Was told that i can come at 3 pm to collect the car. went there at 3 pm after confirming that the car will be ready with SA. was told that they are yet to stick the mouldings as they are still not dry. waited for almost 1 1/2 hours to get the car ready.

When i inspected the car, i found out that the finish of the bumper moulding painting was not up to the mark and there were finger prints on the moulding as if it was handled before it was dry. The antenna too was stuck with feviquick.

Now i was skeptical and took it to Mr.Velmurugan and told him politely that i wanted to get the mouldings done at MSM as i wanted the finish to be good , if they cannot do that i would be better off to paint it at local garage and will not pay them. I also told him that sticking antena with feviquick is a job i can do at my home and i didnt expect them to do it and wanted it to be repaired properly.

He apologised and asked me to comeback on monday so that they can rectify the mishaps.

Meanwhile on sunday , i has parked the car in roadside due to a family function some miscreants had ripped off all the 4 bumper mouldings and the Zdi emblem to my horror. was terribly irritated

Called the CSM and told them i am coming narrating about the events that had occured. Drove the car back and left it there and came back at 5 PM tpo collect the car in the evening.

Now they have one a proper job and have painted the bumper mouldings ( had to buy them again) to factory finish and have fixed the antenna properly and installed new Zdi emblem.

Happy!! the car is back to normal.
Old 20th June 2012, 09:04   #34
BHPian

@geeash, was the emblem available in stock? usually these guys do not have anything in stock and will order based on customer request. My driver seat's seat belt lock had gone kaput, wanted to get it replaced. They had placed an order 1 month back and still havent got it
Old 20th June 2012, 10:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX
@geeash, was the emblem available in stock? usually these guys do not have anything in stock and will order based on customer request. My driver seat's seat belt lock had gone kaput, wanted to get it replaced. They had placed an order 1 month back and still havent got it
Yes it was readily available in stock. Why don't you speak to Mr. Velmurugan personally. Looks like he really does what he says
Old 20th June 2012, 11:12   #36

Quote:
Tuesday:
SA: RTO is asking my Medical registration certificate to register my car. What the F***?.
Me:i am in middle of surgery and why didnt you get it from me earlier. i told you no goof ups.
SA: Sorry sir this is a new rule it seems.

Told him that i will take 2hrs for finishing my work and only then i can come. Went and gave it and got the car registered and got the number.
A Medical registration certificate , this is the first time I have heard anything like this. Since when did RTO become so concerned about the health and fitness of the person driving the car!
Old 20th June 2012, 13:08   #37
BHPian

I think it may have to do with the fact that he is a doctor and may be a legal requirement for putting the 'Doctor Sign' on his car.
Old 20th June 2012, 18:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadbike View Post
I think it may have to do with the fact that he is a doctor and may be a legal requirement for putting the 'Doctor Sign' on his car.
There is no legal requirement as such here mate !!. i am myself puzzled why RTO people asked that.
Old 26th June 2012, 11:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Reverse parking camera

Finally had time to fix some accessories for my Blue Blistering Barnacles. After having gotten permission from Wifey to install accessories was scouting for various things aimlessly

My requirements were
1. Bluetooth kit - It is really a boon for me as i get 500 calls / day (especially from wifey for keeping tab on me). I have been used to Blue& Me kit in linea, so was finding difficult really to speak on phone while driving. Added to it i have a Samsung Galaxy note which is like a stone brick on hand. So Wanted to get one badly.
2. Wanted to get a reverse parking kit with sensor an camera. I really do not find it difficult to reverse this car. What is this a hybrid XUV and Innova hybrid made into a swift or what?. why do i need a parking assist?. because the Homeminister says so. She is never confident of reversing any car. so wanted something to assist her. Well it is a boon in Linea but i wouldnt bother too much

The problem is that I want a bluetooth kit, a reverse parking sensor and a reverse camera.I want a bluetooth kit, a reverse parking sensor and a reverse camera,not separatety but all built into one.

Began scouting for the same everywhere. searched the whole chennai but all these 3 in 1 console is not available anywhere. It hyas not even been invented as yet.

There is a console in TORQ which has a reverse camera and reverse parking sensor but no bluetooth. there where a few brands with bluetooth mirror but no camera.So had to prioritise what i want really.

Bluetooth is a must, i definitely need it. reverse camera may be a necessary add on, but if i can see something well then why do i need a sound. so tried to do away with reverse sensor as it saves me 4 holes on my beautiful blistering barnacles butt.

So began scouting for combo of Bluetooth mirror with reverse camera support. Coulnt find it either as all bluetooth mirror were having only sensors.

Finally roamed all chennai for the same, tried a lot and at last got a GPS Navigation system !!!

Well, a navigation system with Bluetooth and a reverse camera option

Got a Mapmyindia ZX250 which is a new system in the market with 3D maps, Bluetooth compatibility and Reverse Camera support

ZX250: GPS Navigator and Car Entertainment System from MapmyIndia

I have installed Worldtech day/night reverse camera ( slim type and not the one with LEDs all around) separately and plugged it into the console

Pros:
1. 12.7cm screen with touch
2. Bluetooth which can call and recieve with a built in speaker. Even upload the phonebook from my android
3. Reverse parking camera video as soon as you engage reverse gear with markings works brilliantly
4.Navigation system with quality maps. i really dont know how it detects even my house number and routes me perfectly. added to it is the 3D augumentation which really gives you a great navigation experience
5. It double us as multimedia unit which can play videos, music and pictures and ebooks
6. It has got a FM transmitter which transmits your bluetooth calls/ navigation voice commands/ music/ audio of videos directly to the specified frequency on FM but which you can tune your audio head unit to that specified frequency and recieve the audio in car speakers. No more AUX cables.
7. Can plug in my Micro sd card

Cons

1. Not so sensitive touch screen. Not in the level of iphone or android
2. No reverse parking sensor feature
3. No voice control dialling
4. No steering remote for attending calls
5. FM transmitter produces a bit of a noise and not as clear as it would sound with aux cable

So finally got a reverse navigation system for wifey to assist her as she is a bit geographically weak !! .

Cost: 15990 ( Inclusive of VAT) for the console + Reverse camera (worldtech slim type) 1.3k + installation charges for camera Rs250.Got it at Mahavir at GP road chennai who is the authorised distributor for the GPS mapmyindia units in chennai

Have told the wifey that the whole thing costs only 6.5k ( 5k for the unit and 1.5k for the camera including installation).Moderators please dont allow my wifey to come anywhere near this thread. she then might become the Maderator !!

Things in offing
Spoiler body coloured : 2.5k ( costs only that much in GP road)
K&N filter
3D mats

Last edited by geeash : 26th June 2012 at 11:04.
geeash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 12:19   #40
BHPian

Re: Reverse parking camera

Quote:
Finally had time to fix some accessories for my Blue Blistering Barnacles. After having gotten permission from Wifey to install accessories was scouting for various things aimlessly

Things in offing
K&N filter
3D mats
Ashwin, I guess you missed the arm rest in your updates and photos of the accessories which will help a whole lot of people.
Old 26th June 2012, 18:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K

Ashwin, I guess you missed the arm rest in your updates and photos of the accessories which will help a whole lot of people.
Yeah sridhar. Yesterday the top of the sliding cushion came out when i was taking the car to fix the gps just after talking to you. Good that mahavir guys took it back. They don't have another piece in stock. They said the will replace me with a new one on Saturday when i go to get the k&n filters
Old 27th June 2012, 10:14   #42
Team-BHP Support

Re: Reverse parking camera

Quote:
Finally roamed all chennai for the same, tried a lot and at last got a GPS Navigation system !!!

Well, a navigation system with Bluetooth and a reverse camera option

Cons

1. Not so sensitive touch screen. Not in the level of iphone or android

So finally got a reverse navigation system for wifey to assist her as she is a bit geographically weak !! .
I agree with you. I got a MapMyIndia S650 last year for my linea, with reverse camera functionality, but haven't yet installed the camera. Can you post some pictures of this installation? I would be interested in getting this thing done too. I have reverse parking sensors already, so I might have double reversing power (sound beeps, distance display + video now)

The screen responsiveness is pathetic on all MMI devices though . It is a resistive touchscreen as opposed to the capacitive touch of iphone/android phones. Hope they improve it in future devices.

Quote:
Things in offing
Doc, be a little wary of after-market spoilers. One of my friends who bought a Swift around the same time as mine, got an after-market spoiler while I went for MGA at double the cost. Within a few days, his had started developing horrible rattles and squeaks. They had to finally dismantle it and had to replace some parts in that roof portion where they drilled the holes, Ouch! In contrast, my MGA spoiler is still rattle free after 6.5 years. I would trust the MGA warranty in this regard, just an opinion

Last edited by KarthikK : 27th June 2012 at 10:18.
Old 28th June 2012, 10:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK

I agree with you. I got a MapMyIndia S650 last year for my linea, with reverse camera functionality, but haven't yet installed the camera. Can you post some pictures of this installation? I would be interested in getting this thing done too.
The Worldtech slim camera

Name:  ForumRunner_20120628_104211.png
Views: 4150
Size:  306.1 KB

A view of the butt

Name:  ForumRunner_20120628_104220.png
Views: 6236
Size:  369.5 KB

Navigation system

Name:  ForumRunner_20120628_104239.png
Views: 4638
Size:  410.0 KB

The 3D Maps

Name:  ForumRunner_20120628_104256.png
Views: 6688
Size:  405.0 KB

Reverse camera video

Name:  ForumRunner_20120628_104313.png
Views: 7538
Size:  413.2 KB

MGA bumper moulding painted to body colour
Name:  ForumRunner_20120628_104346.png
Views: 4187
Size:  397.2 KB
geeash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 18:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

The Original copy of the Insurance policy has come at last.

The hassle with Vishnu cars continues. I had not received any correspondence from Visnu cars after the delivery regarding the RC. Sridhar who had got delivery of his zdi one day later than me informed that he had got his RC. So called the SA. The SA who has dealt with me has resigned his job . On enquiring about the RC book he had directed me to call someone else who said the RC has come and i can come and collect it.

I went to the dealership today and contacted the same person who brought in my RC original. As always my habit i refused to sign on the acknowledgement before checking the RC and requested him to show me the RC for checking.

On scrutinizing the RC the vehicle model was wrongly typed as swift Vdi and type of fuel as PETROL.

Gave them left right center for not checking the RC before handing it over to me and for their thorough unprofessional behavior in not informing when the RC had already come.

Gave them a sound warning and told them to get a new RC or a corrected RC duly signed by the proper authorities before next Wednesday
Old 8th July 2012, 11:38   #45
Senior - BHPian

Washed and waxed the car with Meguiar NXT 2.0 hard wax. Car looks happy.

Last edited by geeash : 8th July 2012 at 11:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks