Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2006, 09:46   #16
BHPian

I tend to agree, speed n sexy...The aveo is a good product, but the long term prospects of the parent GM r not rosy at all.
Old 17th April 2006, 09:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Yes even I understand the repurcussions of parent company's fall on a good car but I somehow felt the way you said this was wrong especially to someone who has put his hard earned money into a car, I feel you should have communicated this in a better way. But then to each his own. Peace
Old 18th April 2006, 13:08   #18
BHPian

Seems like a good car.........you can see them quite frequently on the roads in my town nowdays.........love the rear chrome strip at the back......i dont think the front is too inspiring either. Personally i like the looks of the fiesta better.....but thats just my opinion!!
Old 19th April 2006, 11:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman
Seems like a good car.........you can see them quite frequently on the roads in my town nowdays.........love the rear chrome strip at the back......i dont think the front is too inspiring either. Personally i like the looks of the fiesta better.....but thats just my opinion!!
That's true, even in Delhi with so many dealers, the car still has to be seen on roads ! What's up at the backend?
Old 19th April 2006, 11:14   #20
BHPian

Well.. Sorry couldn't read the thread as was out of station. I would like to throw some light on all the topics discussed by our fellow BHPians.

1. Handling above 100kph - I have driven hardly 30 kms above 100kph. But I was very comfortable as the car was not bumping, stuck to the ground. Even at high speed turns the tires were not making the "cheeky" noise and the car was rock solid. Overall handling has been wonderful. As I have driven all the cars as I said earlier in my post, I really liked the handling and performance of my Aveo.

2. Performance - The car looses a bit of power when AC is switched on. But I think that is bound to happen... The moment you revv the car, the whole machine gives you a feel of a race car. I had to lower my speed every time during my trip. It becomes thirsty after 100kph and just cruises to higher speeds. I liked Aveo's performance. Moreover, the cabin is becoming much quieter day by day.

3. Sri_009 - I have bought the Aveo 1.4 Base Model.

4. Adya33 - I totally agree with you. But I do not think there is Quality nabbed. As the car was first driven by a Driver for around 200 kms. and I had bought it from a dealer of other city. But after my first check up I have recieved more than 5 calls, enquiring whether I am satisfied or not. There mechanics had personally come down to my office (about 30 kms away from my Office) to understand my problems and help provide a solution. Moreover, it is a new car.

5. Battery Saver - If you have forgotten to switch off your headlight, then the moment you get the keys off of the console and close the door the Headlights will switch off automatically after 5 seconds. You can even operate your power windows (for around 30 seconds) after your have removed your keys from the ignition switch.

6. Speed_n_sexy - Well, even I read a lot of reports but I even rely on my bit of information. My brother is at a VERY SENIOR position in General Motors, Detroit. He gave me a green signal to go ahead. Now, I do not feel my own brother will give me a wrong advice. Other cars are also going through bad phase of time - Fiat, Ford, GM, etc... This doesn’t mean we stop buying. Moreover, the car is already way cheaper than its competitors like Fiesta and NHC ZX.... I think I have encashed enough money at the time of buying itself ;-)...

To top-up I am impressed with the car, at the cost I paid... Lets phase it I will not compare this car with Fiesta 1.6 or with NHC ZX VTec(which is being done in other threads of TeamBHP).... The car is giving me the feel of a bigger car esp. when I am driving and the FE of a mid size car.... This is what I wanted ... VFM and this is what Chevrolet has given.......
Old 19th April 2006, 12:04   #21
BHPian

Congrats on your buy

Good that you are not trying above 100km/h till the running in is done.

GM does seem to be in trouble. But they are doing pretty good in China, and may do similar in India. They should be shedding lot of weight(laying off labor, shutting down plants etc) which they are doing in US. Unfortunately in US the only bow tie model which turns head is a Corvette
Old 19th April 2006, 12:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

It seems that left knee of the driver touches the dashboard on a Aveo? Can you pls confirm the same?
Old 19th April 2006, 15:46   #23
BHPian

I did try it again.... Actually, only when you keep your legs next (on the left side) to the Clutch pedal, I mean for resting it, then you might touch it on the side ways .... But, the knee touching the upper portion of the dashboard does not happen. yes, if you are 5'10" and have moved the drivers seat right in front then yes it does. But I think That would be way toooo odd position to sit and drive... Moreover, I have noticed one more thing. The pleasure of driving this car is when your seat is adjusted back so the hand is a bit straight... I love this way of driving as it gives a feel of a big car... But, these change from person to person ;-)
Old 19th April 2006, 18:18   #24

FE in city ; windscreen reflection issue

Hello Cool_Sizzler,

I did test drove 1.4LS and found that pick up not that great and in city
and the beige interiors gave lots of reflections on windscreen which caused lots of distraction during day time. I could not see a clear road. is this same in your car.

Salesman said that to fix that u might need to laminate the lower half of wind screen is that true.

You have mentioned about the HYW FE 14.8KM, how about the in city is it anywhere near 12/13 KM.

-thanks
Old 19th April 2006, 21:58   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanva
Hello Cool_Sizzler,

I did test drove 1.4LS and found that pick up not that great
well kanva ... what is it that you are comparing pick up with ???
i found the pick to be more than sufficient for a 1.4litre engine ... and 92bhp means top end speed touching 170kmph.

Last edited by Fiero : 19th April 2006 at 22:00.
Old 21st April 2006, 13:41   #26
BHPian

Hi Kanva,

Well, the pick up is really good. I have infact tried to drive the vehicle along with people in NHC City Zx and it was almost the same. I do not face the problem of reflection in my car. I used to before. But, then I observed that you need to adjust your seat in order to get rid of this problem. But this is a common problem which I even face in Maruti 800. Infact, there is a thread running where even owners of Baleno are facing the same problem.

The other way to get rid of this problem is
1. Have darker colour matting on your dashboard.
2. The Dasboard should have a matt effect AND NOT A glossy/shiny effect.

With these alternatives you will find the problem of reflection minimised in most of the cars.
Old 21st April 2006, 13:50   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanva
Hello Cool_Sizzler,

I did test drove 1.4LS and found that pick up not that great and in city
and the beige interiors gave lots of reflections on windscreen which caused lots of distraction during day time. I could not see a clear road. is this same in your car.
Even i observed this in the testdrive.
This is a design issue. Even if the car has beige interiors, the dash board will be made a dark shade [have a look at NHC, its interirors are beige, but the dash board is dark-brown]. So the only solution is, for the dash board panel you need to get some kind of plastic paint [carpet] done....ask the dealer they will suggest.
Quote:
Salesman said that to fix that u might need to laminate the lower half of wind screen is that true.
do no laminate the windscreen, the problem is not the windscreen, the problem is the dashboard. if you laminate windscreen it will hinder the visibilty level and i even doubt if it can solve the problem.
Old 21st April 2006, 14:01   #28
BHPian

COOL...
CONGRATS DUDE...
could you tell the OTR price for 1.4 base....
Old 21st April 2006, 14:59   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_sizzlers
. when I am driving and the FE of a mid size car.... This is what I wanted ... VFM and this is what Chevrolet has given.......
Hey sizzlers,

Whats the FE you are getting in city with ac and highways too....and dont forget to vote in the "The definitive FE poll" in the "indian car scene forum".
Old 22nd April 2006, 11:51   #30

FE and turning radius

Thanks for suggestion on windscreen glare, I guess one more option is to wear Polorid sun glasses!!!

Well how about the turning radius specs say 10M which is too high for city driving when compared to NHC with 4.9 radius??

About the slow pickup, I was mentioning that at low rpm this might yield much torque.. and does it need lots of gear shifts for city riding

-kanva

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks