Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2006, 08:56   #76
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod
Now folks lets stick to the topic - Owner experience review of the Aveo. - thread has gone way off course. If this continues, we will have to close the thread till cool sizzlers provides the next update
Old 7th June 2006, 06:13   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishsegar
Alternative to this is to use Polaroid glasses. They are antiglare and they get rid of the dashboard reflection. You can even get power rated polaroid glasses.
I second that. I have powered Polaroid sunglasses for the last six years. The lens cuts off reflections in the horizontal plane, such as off the road, or off the sea surface (I live in Goa). It really helps.
Old 9th June 2006, 00:48   #78
BHPian

Hi Tech !!

I did not mean to offend you but defend the prospective Aveo buyer's decision.

Venkat and Aseem have elaborated on what i was trying to say so i dont need to say anything further. Thanks guys !!

BTW .. guys my Aveo is giving me a 11.5 FE in city with 110% a/c usage after first service.

Cheers !!
Old 9th June 2006, 09:30   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit

guys my Aveo is giving me a 11.5 FE in city with 110% a/c usage after first service.

Cheers !!
Arrey Bhai Ghar mein bhi Aveo ka ac use kar rahe ho kya J/k mate
Old 14th June 2006, 08:34   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
Arrey Bhai Ghar mein bhi Aveo ka ac use kar rahe ho kya J/k mate
------------------------------------

Nice one brother ... kash aisa ho sakta to phir mujhe apne kamre ke liye VOLTAS nahi kharidna padta.

BTW ... just checking if u have any clue on the brand of A/C and its compressor used in various cars ????
Old 14th June 2006, 10:46   #81
Senior - BHPian

hehe accha hain Voltas toh desh ki dhadkan hai na(I think there was some add by Tata like this).

Anyways interesting question, even I wanna know the make & varieties available, also what how do we measure the power of cooling i.e. we have options in tons for home\office ac what is it for auto a\cs. (I think its in liters but not sure)

Why dont you post a new thread on this
Old 16th June 2006, 00:33   #82
BHPian

i think the capacity of ac compressor for automobiles is measured in cc (volume centimer ^3).
Some time earlier when palio nv was launched the fiat used to say about the compressor with more cc which in turn lead to faster cooling of cabin.
Old 3rd July 2006, 04:40   #83
BHPian

Quote:

hehe accha hain Voltas toh desh ki dhadkan hai na(I think there was some add by Tata like this).

btw we must thanks tech for invoking so much emotions for our loved one only karan joher beats him not by far, hey cool dude congratulations and enjoy your car and remember as far as corporate is concerned.....

Quote:
fear of death brings profits, death losses

Last edited by fight_club : 3rd July 2006 at 04:46.
Old 3rd July 2006, 13:37   #84
BHPian

I'm back.... to save the thread from closing...;-)

Hi guyz,
I was on my wedding vacations and trust me the fire cracker show out here is as good as the one in my marriage... I would like to address the concerns one by one

1. Pradeep Nair : My latest experience : I was drving Aveo at about 140 kph and saw a truck move out of the lane. It would have been hardly 70 odd meters in front of me. I banged my brake peddle and it just stopped in front of the truck. My observations. Loads of smoke from the tire, no skids and I never felt that the vehicle was out of control... most important of all, when I got down from the car and saw the tread marks on the road it did not show ANY sign of skids...henceforth, I am a very CONFIDENT driver now.

2. YEIS : My Sales Manger is around 6'2" and he finds it very comfortable to move in and out of the front and rear seats, without bending his body or resting his arms on the side body of the car.

The rear seating is called "Theatre Seating" as pointed out by my dear friend.. Latest review is that my mother and wify found it very very comfortable and their feet did not go "numm" as they go in other cars...

Namit : I totally agree on the A/C front... The A/C could not have been colder... "its the coolest one"-Kelvinator...

Guyz........ In these discussions, I would like to tell you that I have now complete 5000 kms of my car......... I'm loving every bit -n- moment of it....
Old 5th July 2006, 11:43   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_sizzlers
Hi guyz,
I was on my wedding vacations and trust me the fire cracker show out here is as good as the one in my marriage... I would like to address the concerns one by one

1. Pradeep Nair : My latest experience : I was drving Aveo at about 140 kph and saw a truck move out of the lane. It would have been hardly 70 odd meters in front of me. I banged my brake peddle and it just stopped in front of the truck. My observations. Loads of smoke from the tire, no skids and I never felt that the vehicle was out of control... most important of all, when I got down from the car and saw the tread marks on the road it did not show ANY sign of skids...henceforth, I am a very CONFIDENT driver now.

2. YEIS : My Sales Manger is around 6'2" and he finds it very comfortable to move in and out of the front and rear seats, without bending his body or resting his arms on the side body of the car.

The rear seating is called "Theatre Seating" as pointed out by my dear friend.. Latest review is that my mother and wify found it very very comfortable and their feet did not go "numm" as they go in other cars...

Namit : I totally agree on the A/C front... The A/C could not have been colder... "its the coolest one"-Kelvinator...

Guyz........ In these discussions, I would like to tell you that I have now complete 5000 kms of my car......... I'm loving every bit -n- moment of it....
Hi there,

Just one Q. Does your front right leg gets some rubbing against the dashboard while driving as I faced the same in a test drive, with a good rear seat space .

Gagan
Old 5th July 2006, 15:56   #86
BHPian

Hi... actually I have heard of facing problems on the left leg and not the right as their is a curve... I am 5'7" and do not face this problem at all. My seat is also in the middle and not completely back.....

But I have heard a lot of people talking about it in the forum. Even my friend did not face the problem (he is 6'2")...
Old 4th October 2006, 00:03   #87

Its 3 months I own a Aveo. I use SHELL super petrol. I get only 9.5 FE in City with a/c on even after the reassurance checkup. May be the FE will increase after the fist service (after 5000 kms).

However I love the ride quality. looks and interiors. The looks have greatly improved after fixing body side moulding & chrome handles from GM and alloys!!! Now its a head turner !!!
Old 19th October 2006, 19:48   #88
BHPian

Hello Guys,
Have been following this thread and this great forum for some 2 weeks now. and guess what, I too have gone for it and bought the AVEO 1.4LS version, just 10 days back. i have completed some odd 600 kms all in the city only. I find this car very lavish since I have migrated from M800. I think it really gives an impression of a big luxury car and definately its more roomy from inside too. Interiors are very classy compared to Fiesta and others. The dashboard itself makes it look huge from inside as well as outside.

I had test driven Ford Fiesta and NHC too. The city is undoubtedly the best selling C segment car and is the leader in FE too. but I think its bit overhyped and overpriced. I mean Its On Road price in Jaipur is Rs790500 for the M/T GXI with no discounts while I could fetch a good decent discount on my AVEO and it finally came in my hands in just Rs 6,60,000 Only (On Road) with almost all the major features of NHC. Another reason for not buying NHC is that Honda got just one dealesrship (in Jaipur) to take care of whole Rajasthan state. that dealer hardly makes any efforts to sale his car which are already in great demands. SO he called me back after good 15 days of my first inquiry and a test drive. I live in the suncity of india i.e. Jodhpur.6 hrs far from Jaipur.
Regarding Fiesta. I believe its indeed a great car but somehow I didnt like it that much . first, It didnt felt like a big car from inside. The interiors were just OK sort of, less back seat space and when I took test drive of a petrol version, I found that this car is indeed peppier but it was needing down gearshifts more then the AVeo in city driving. The gearbox is excellent so is the pickup and engine response, Way ahead of Aveo. The only reason I may think of the high sales of Fiesta is the Diesel version. I myself have seen so many Fiestas on Road but almost all are Diesels.

Now, About my blazzing Red Chevy Aveo. I somehow found that the Red and Black were the colors which suited its design most. but its a subjective matter. Just personal opinion. So far I have found this car quite satisfactory. I am not a fast driver and hardly drive myself on the highways. for the first tank full I got a milage of 11 in City conditions with AC. I really hope it should increase after service. I really get depressed by reading NHC's 14-15 km/l in city. though I havent personally met anyone claiming that.

The dashboard reflection does annoy me sometimes but i guess its there not for full day hours. I get it most in peak afternoon. say around 1-3 pm.

The best thing I have noticed so far about the Aveo is its Torque. This car doesnt want me to change gears very frequevently. I was amazed that day when i unknowingly get passed a big speed breaker in 4th gear . that too with 4 persons in the car. Later I realized I should perhaps avoid such driving. AC is another great thing.

Now the worst thing, surely the notchy gearshift. I wonder how GM could not find a better gearbox. It requires long shifts. I was very iritated initially though I knew of this -ive side of the car while buying. I have now become habitual of this notchy thing may be coz I have shifted from driving 1996 M800, so its still better then that one but definately not of a class of Fieta, NHC or even Accent. GM should do something about it.

The engine response is bit lazy but not much. it like to be little pushed. but I am not that demanding person so I am OK with it.

I did not opt for the company provided sound HU. Instead, bought the Sony Xplod. 6 Speakers were provided with car.

I recently heard abt Optra's companmy provided gas kits. I hope GM will make one available for AVEO too, in near future. fingers crossed. I intend to drive my car on alternate fuels after the 2 yrs warranty or may be befor that , if GM itself makes some arrangement like in Optra's acse.

This is all about my Aveo experiance so far. It is a good package over all. We must keep one thing in our minds that "NO CAR IS PERFECT".

Rest is already reported by Namit and Sizzler. Thanks to them and other members for this informative discussion.

I will keep updating new find outs abt my Aveo.

Cheers

-ashu
Old 20th October 2006, 11:25   #89
Senior - BHPian

Nice unbiased Review Ashu
Old 20th October 2006, 17:36   #90
BHPian

nice review,,
chevy's been spot on with all their cars ,,
even the optra is good on fuel efficiency figures as far as the cars of those segment are concerned,,
even i love the aveos looks and the interior quality is also good,,
in short a good value for money car

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks