Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2014, 17:23   #601
Team-BHP Support

re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
A friend and tbhpian pinged last day from Singapore. He took two Elantra taxi each day he was there; first one's odo read was 977,00kms and next one's was 864,00kms
I donno if its petrol or diesel though but wow!
It should be the Sonata/i45 or the i40. Those are the Hyundai taxi models operating here. And those are with the CRDi engine
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 19:15   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
My SX Elantra has served me very well for 2 years now.. I would like to add some modifications to jazz up the beauty ! Any suggestions guys? Because I have not come across any thread/posts/pics etc..
My advice would be that you can treat you Elantra to a CQuartz surface treatment to enhance it's beauty. (Search the forum for more details). It adds a very shiny, very 'wet' look to the exterior paint surface.

I got it done on my Verna recently & it has made my Verna look better than the day of it's delivery. It's quite pricey, but IMHO worth it.
Old 10th November 2014, 16:57   #603
BHPian

Dear desi dybuk
Any idea where i can get it in the market(here in north India/NCR?). Have seen only online suppliers yet For Cquartz. Verry nice product. Wanted a dependable guy to whom i could go regularly for car jobs ../advice/updates. .
Old 10th November 2014, 18:09   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
Dear desi dybuk
Any idea where i can get it in the market(here in north India/NCR?). Have seen only online suppliers yet For Cquartz. Verry nice product. Wanted a dependable guy to whom i could go regularly for car jobs ../advice/updates. .
Go to Sanjay at Klenz Car Care in Indirapuram. Very competent people:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...ghaziabad.html

https://www.facebook.com/KlenzCarCare
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 22:23   #605
BHPian

I cancelled my Ciaz booking and taking the delivery of Elantra SX AT Diesel this Sunday. Lot of factors have led me to this decision, but two things which stand out are 1) stunning looks both inside and outside and 2) peace of mind Hyundai can offer compared to the EU options. No brainer eh?
Old 13th November 2014, 13:45   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen kobane View Post
Thank bud

Also, when taking night shots, do check if the tail lights light up completely, as in, Ive noticed the section that is on the boot lid has no light in it?! Or is it just a break light... I'm really boggled about it!

Also, do check-out Avante's HID projector lamps, they are plug & play with this model, you can order them online

See image for the sweet alloys and the LED tail lights too.
Folks, any idea if we can get the current head lights replaced with projector lamps in Elantra? I am getting a Diesel AT delivered on Sunday and I am keen to get an upgrade. Does anyone know if there any after market vendor in Chennai who can do this for me?
Old 13th November 2014, 19:25   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
I cancelled my Ciaz booking and taking the delivery of Elantra SX AT Diesel this Sunday. Lot of factors have led me to this decision, but two things which stand out are 1) stunning looks both inside and outside and 2) peace of mind Hyundai can offer compared to the EU options. No brainer eh?
Congratulations on the car and looking forward to your ownership report. Do you mind sharing the experience you had with MSL dealership? Also interested to know what led you to take this decision.

BTW, please do not forget to post the pics of the beauty.
Old 13th November 2014, 20:09   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Congratulations on the car and looking forward to your ownership report. Do you mind sharing the experience you had with MSL dealership? Also interested to know what led you to take this decision.

BTW, please do not forget to post the pics of the beauty.
The reasons are pretty simple. I booked Ciaz ZXI AT on Sept 1. It has been 73 days since i paid the booking amount. Till Friday, I didnt have clarity on when I am going to receive the vehicle. I felt cheated because MSIL took me for a ride by making me wait for this car (though it is my own doing) and not letting me 'actively' consider other options. In the process, I have also lot a bit on depreciation for not buying a car in Q3 as opposed to Q4 for a car manufactured in 2014. Not much, but just enough reason to reconsider. Then i threatened the dealer to cancel my booking ten days ago. Sent an SMS and an email and there was no response. I called the SA two days after to check the status of the vehicle and reminded him about my booking cancellation request. He said he saw the message and then 'thought' of calling me. Right there I decided I will never buy a Suzuki vehicle again - they are not graduating from selling Altos and Swifts. Not saying CIAZ is a ultra premium vehicle and am a premium customer. But the sales hunger was just not evident for me. For me, that hunger was in ample display when I spoke to Hyundai and was negotiating on Elantra. The same was evident even when I bought a Santro five years ago.
bhaskaracs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 21:41   #609
BHPian

Congrats @bhaskaracs.
I too own this beauty since 2 years+ and it is fun to drive in the city. and boy the Ac seats are really helpful during hot summers.
I haven't driven a really long distance (maybe 300 Kms is longest) in it but my brother in law was flattered by its performance when he drove it to Ooty and back.

Incidentally I too own a Santro but 1999 model. Still in my stable - running well after 15 years.

Happy and safe Driving!
Old 23rd November 2014, 23:09   #610
BHPian

Gents and ladies, I got delivery of my crdi AT last week. It appears all along I was under the belief that a fully loaded Elantra typically comes with pure leather seats and nexen silica tyres. However, at the time of delivery I realized Hyundai Motor Plaza delivered a car with Good Year tyres. The dealer insists these are silica tyres from GY - but I didn't find a way to check. The SA showed nexen tyres on a Santa fe which didn't carry a silica mention either.

Then I realized over the next three days that the seats also carry art leather instead of pure leather - which is what I always thought Elantra comes fitted with.

Then, I didn't even receive spare head lamps. Dealer said they have stopped giving spare lamps due to cost cutting.

Finally the entire experience is turning out to be less sweeter than I imagined and hoped.

Any comments, observations, guidance?
Old 24th November 2014, 10:44   #611

Folks - when I do audio streaming / phone connect from my Android phone to the Elantra Bluetooth, I don't see any useful information on the head unit display.

All it says is "MP3 Play". No display of the song/artiste/album names etc. Also, the buttons on the steering wheel to move to the next/previous song don't work either.

Same story with Phone calls. I can't navigate the Phone address book or select a specific contact to make a call. All it lets me do is to redial the last number (when I press the Green Phone button on the steering wheel).

Is it just me or is the Elantra Bluetooth setup really ancient?
Old 24th November 2014, 11:45   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritual View Post
Folks - when I do audio streaming / phone connect from my Android phone to the Elantra Bluetooth, I don't see any useful information on the head unit display.

All it says is "MP3 Play". No display of the song/artiste/album names etc. Also, the buttons on the steering wheel to move to the next/previous song don't work either.

Same story with Phone calls. I can't navigate the Phone address book or select a specific contact to make a call. All it lets me do is to redial the last number (when I press the Green Phone button on the steering wheel).

Is it just me or is the Elantra Bluetooth setup really ancient?
Don't know about other Hyundai's, but this is the same issue with i20 as well. Someone had posted here in detail that Hyundai is selling a half baked cake.

Not that I am complaining

Regards,
h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 16:42   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Gents and ladies, I got delivery of my crdi AT last week. It appears all along I was under the belief that a fully loaded Elantra typically comes with pure leather seats and nexen silica tyres. However, at the time of delivery I realized Hyundai Motor Plaza delivered a car with Good Year tyres. The dealer insists these are silica tyres from GY - but I didn't find a way to check. The SA showed nexen tyres on a Santa fe which didn't carry a silica mention either.

Then I realized over the next three days that the seats also carry art leather instead of pure leather - which is what I always thought Elantra comes fitted with.

Then, I didn't even receive spare head lamps. Dealer said they have stopped giving spare lamps due to cost cutting.

Finally the entire experience is turning out to be less sweeter than I imagined and hoped.

Any comments, observations, guidance?
It should come with Nexen tyres. Mine did. Also, the SX version is supposed to have the leather seat. You should take it up with Hyundai customer service and get it changed.
BTW, congratulations on the new car. I am sure you will enjoy the ride as much as I do.
Old 25th November 2014, 16:56   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
It should come with Nexen tyres. Mine did. Also, the SX version is supposed to have the leather seat. You should take it up with Hyundai customer service and get it changed.
BTW, congratulations on the new car. I am sure you will enjoy the ride as much as I do.
The leather seats issue is sorted out. I checked few 2-3 year old Sx versions of Elantra - the seats are the same; essentially a mix of pure and imitation leather.

But on nexen tyres, how old is your car? My car is one week old, and I am told over the last few months cars are coming fitted with other tyre makes too and it cannot be changed.

And what about spare head lamps? Did they give you a pair?

Last edited by bhaskaracs : 25th November 2014 at 17:04.
Old 27th November 2014, 18:00   #615
BHPian

Quote:
The leather seats issue is sorted out. I checked few 2-3 year old Sx versions of Elantra - the seats are the same; essentially a mix of pure and imitation leather.

But on nexen tyres, how old is your car? My car is one week old, and I am told over the last few months cars are coming fitted with other tyre makes too and it cannot be changed.

And what about spare head lamps? Did they give you a pair?
Mine is almost two years old now. I am not aware if the seats are mixed or not. It does feel like full leather to me. The SX version has airbags in the front two seats also, so I am guessing for technical reasons they might have it with different materials. Regarding the tires, probably they have stopped importing the Nexen tyres or are trying to fit with equivalent makes in order to improve profits.

I did not get any spare head lamps.

Last edited by sukhoi30 : 27th November 2014 at 18:03. Reason: Added additional info
sukhoi30 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks