Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2013, 13:21   #541
BHPian

re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdo View Post
Sukhoi mate, you are the man! I don't know why I didnt think of this myself. All this while i was considering the cigarette lighter charger as the only option until I changed my ICE but you saved me a whole lot of money.

If only there was a smiley bowing down. Thanks again.
Good to see you found a solution to this. This way your upcoming long distance travels will become more awesome Now just try and add a little more than the 100 odd tracks you got there, lol!

Congratulation on the new elantra - looking forward to seeing some of your awesome pics here, with a review soon!

Cheers!
Sam
Old 15th December 2013, 14:27   #542
BHPian

There has been a recall on Hyundai Elantra in the US, because of a design flaw. During airbag deployment the ceiling support bracket can come loose, and in one instance it seems it cut a person's ear. The design looks similar to the Elantra in India as well. just wondering if Hyundai has announced any recalls here? maybe the owners should check.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/safe...ags-2D11708749
jha.shailesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2013, 17:26   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
There has been a recall on Hyundai Elantra in the US, because of a design flaw. During airbag deployment the ceiling support bracket can come loose, and in one instance it seems it cut a person's ear. The design looks similar to the Elantra in India as well. just wondering if Hyundai has announced any recalls here? maybe the owners should check. http://www.nbcnews.com/business/safe...ags-2D11708749
Thanks Sailesh. Will have to check with Hyundai on this. Though they say that the support bracket was changed in March 2013. Safer to check. My car was manufactured April 18 2013. Not sure as to when they would have shipped the parts.
Old 17th March 2014, 16:10   #544

Does anyone know when the facelifted Elantra 2014 will be released in India? I spoke to a Hyundai dealer today and he was saying that for sure it won't be released in India this year! According to him, the Elantra facelift is only for other markets and in India the facelift may come some time in 2015.
Old 17th March 2014, 22:45   #545
Senior - BHPian

A question for Elantra owners:

Can the ORVMs be programmed to close automatically when the car is switched off? Or does one have to fold them using the control button? In case it is the latter, does the power remain for around 30 seconds after the engine is switched off?
Old 18th March 2014, 10:17   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
A question for Elantra owners:

Can the ORVMs be programmed to close automatically when the car is switched off? Or does one have to fold them using the control button? In case it is the latter, does the power remain for around 30 seconds after the engine is switched off?
ORVM does not close on its own.
Have to close it manually using the switch.
The manual close and open switch is independent of the ignition.
So many times after parking I close it and even after 8-9 hours later also without the ignition switch on can open the ORVM.

Last edited by gajadonga : 18th March 2014 at 10:19.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 12:47   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Have to close it manually using the switch.
Can it be programmed for closing / opening automatically as with some cars ?

I guess Verna ORVM's fold automatically, so it is bit strange that Hyundai did not provide it for Elantra.
Old 30th March 2014, 22:14   #548
BHPian

I am looking to buy Elantra but I am sure the 2013 Elantra which has been launched across the world would launch soon in India.

This is holding me back. What I am excited about is the new head lamps and interior with OLED display. Avante (Elantra) also comes with self parking, now that I am not sure if it will ever be launched in India.

Does anyone know about Indian Elantra 2014 Launch?
Old 7th April 2014, 14:34   #549
BHPian

Hi, can you share you experience with service quality and related servicing costs?
My experience has been with Skoda and its below expectations to say the least. I am keen to know how Hyundai fares in this regard esp. for the Elantra.

Thank you.
Old 14th April 2014, 13:58   #550

Well, been driving the new Elantra for 1.5 years now. A quick review:

For:
- Superb handling
- Extremely premium overall feel
- Stable at high speeds
- Rear armrest with stereo buttons and additional charging point is more than welcome

Cons:
- Seat belt buckle (driver side) malfunctioning for past 6 months and the dealer has not been able to procure a spare till date, highly frustrating. To top that, they put an i10 buckle as replacement which is even worse.
- Quality of leather used on the seats (top end) is not upto the mark
- I lost one of the keys. On checking with the company, one spare keys comes with a heft price tag of Rs. 15,000/- (is it gold coated or diamond studded?!)
- At times on low speeds like 25-30 kmph, the acceleration stays even when you're not pressing the accelerator. Company mechanic says 'This is advanced CRDi engine and this is normal'. Like really?! Is it your new 'Automatic-Cruise-Control-When-You-Don't-Want-It'
- Overall aftersales service is shite. Service manager doesn't even know that the car comes with a 4 year warranty and refused to replace the faulty seat belt buckle after 1 year of purchase.
gaurav2703 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 17:00   #551
Senior - BHPian

Overall aftersales service is shite. Service manager doesn't even know that the car comes with a 4 year warranty and refused to replace the faulty seat belt buckle after 1 year of purchase.[/quote]are you sure that the new Elantra comes with 4 year warranty?thought that it was always 2 years.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 15:26   #552
BHPian

What baffles me is that there are no reviews for this car. No frequent posts, specially considering that its the segment leader. People love to hark on about their Octavias and XUV 500's and the problems with these machines, but nobody brings to notice what problems may lie with Elantra. If it is such a trouble free car, then why don't we see people talk about its reliability either like they did with their civics and corollas. Just a curious case.
Old 23rd April 2014, 15:46   #553
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav2703 View Post
Well, been driving the new Elantra for 1.5 years now. A quick review:

- I lost one of the keys. On checking with the company, one spare keys comes with a heft price tag of Rs. 15,000/- (is it gold coated or diamond studded?!)
The keys are expensive as they are linked to your security system of the car. Such keys come with features that are difficult to duplicate, there by protecting your car from theft. Yes there a premium charged for the keys, as is the case with all manufacturers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav2703 View Post
-At times on low speeds like 25-30 kmph, the acceleration stays even when you're not pressing the accelerator. Company mechanic says 'This is advanced CRDi engine and this is normal'. Like really?! Is it your new 'Automatic-Cruise-Control-When-You-Don't-Want-It'

You are obviously in the wrong gear. You will notice this acceleration, when the rpm is below 1000 and is normal for a CRDi engine. If you change gears and RPM hits 1200, this automatic acceleration will stop and you have better control of the vehicle. Guess you need to change your driving style.

Cheers

KPS
Old 23rd April 2014, 17:30   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
What baffles me is that there are no reviews for this car. No frequent posts, specially considering that its the segment leader. People love to hark on about their Octavias and XUV 500's and the problems with these machines, but nobody brings to notice what problems may lie with Elantra. If it is such a trouble free car, then why don't we see people talk about its reliability either like they did with their civics and corollas. Just a curious case.
Elantra has been my close companion for the past 1.3 years. I have not faced any major problems with it so far. (Touchwood!!) Had a minor accident last year, but the dealer was very helpful in getting it repaired properly on time.
The cooling seats is really a major plus on these hot summer days. The handling is really superb. I get good mileage also on my petrol version. It gives 11-12 kmpl on city traffic and almost 15-16 kmpl on highways. I did a 3000km road trip to Rajasthan and Gujarat in March without any issues. Thanks to the really great roads in Gujarat, the driving experience was awesome.
The electronic seat adjustment is very handy on long drives as you can shift positions as you want depending on your comfortability. Also the cruise control in the steering is godsend for those long stretches of empty roads. I use it everytime while driving between Mumbai-Pune.
The looks and the design of the car gets me lot of attention on the roads. Cheers!!
sukhoi30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 21:44   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post

Close to a year now with my black Elantra. Really have loved every km of the 8500 I have driven.
Have done trips to Goa,Hyderabad,Pondi and Kodai.
Good manners on the highways and able to gobble up the miles.
Has been trouble free( touch wood).
The cooled seats are a big plus on long drives.
In my recent trip to Kodai a taxi broke the indicator on the driver side mirror. I was certain that Hyundai will ask me to replace the entire mirror(₹14000). To my suprise the indicator is available as a seperate part(₹2400). Thumbs up.
Mileage is around 14 km/l in the city and am able to average around 18 km/l on the highways. That's marginally more than what I get on my Punto.
Last but not the least, absolutely no rattles and squeaks.

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th April 2014 at 12:29. Reason: Deleting mention of high speeds

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks