Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2013, 17:36   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post

Any pointers?
Hi. Am told that in some cases the unit causes excessive battery drain. Could be because of bad wiring. May not be the case if the authorized personnel do the job but still why run the risk ? If the need for change is due to poor sound try changing speakers first. Just a thought!
Old 8th January 2013, 21:01   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

The new Elantras clicked here!

Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra-20130108-15.59.48.jpg

Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra-20130108-16.00.37.jpg

Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra-20130108-16.01.06.jpg

Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra-20130108-17.11.15.jpg

to the right in the above picture

Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra-20130108-17.11.25.jpg

Second car in white in the background here

Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra-20130108-17.11.34.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 8th January 2013 at 21:05.
Old 18th January 2013, 16:51   #498
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'm hearing that the Elantra is actually commanding a premium in some cities

This is perhaps the only D1 segment sedan to do so, the other vehicle being the XUV500 in recent times (Fortuner is available off the shelf since a while).

The Civic & Altis would give their right arm for the Elantra's unique position. The balance of power shifting away from the Japanese and toward the Koreans then?
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 16:58   #499
BHPian

"The steering can be tilt adjusted, though surprisingly there is no reach adjustment provided. The soft driver's seat gets 10-way electric adjustment. The seat's front and rear parts can be raised independently, ensuring ideal thigh support, and the lumbar settings do cover most postures. On the other hand, the front passenger has to contend with run of the mill manual adjustments for legroom and recline. That said, seat comfort is excellent. The wide cabin also ensures you don't elbow the front passenger when shifting gears."

The Hyundai Elantra does come with Tilt & Telescopic steering. Looks like this was a typing error. Just wanted to highlight the error made
The Hurricane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 14:02   #500
Senior - BHPian

I had purchased the Elantra in october third week 2012.Initial apprehensions about the
power of engine and the Nexium tyres were a concern, read a lot of reviews about the tyres
and was contemplating to change over to Bridgestone tyres.
After driving for the first 1000kms all my apprehensions were cleared and I finished my
first service as per schedule.

I have clocked about 9500kms in the odo till date.

The problem- Today morning I could not crank the vehicle.Called up the service guy as I
was home so no issues.Within half an hour the service guys were at home trying to sort
out the issues.They checked the clutch switch checked all the fuses could not come to
any conclusion.Called up senior tecnicians and they suggested to check the earthing
connections which was checked but still the problem was not sorted out.
Had to push start the car after about 1 hour of ordeal.The car is in the service centre
and am eagerly awaiting a call from them.As car was due for the second service I asked
the service advisor for my service and he agreed to it.
Will update the status once I get the car.
Really was wondering these are small things but why they play around in the mind.
Old 3rd February 2013, 05:50   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
I had purchased the Elantra in october third week 2012.Initial apprehensions about the
power of engine and the Nexium tyres were a concern, read a lot of reviews about the tyres
and was contemplating to change over to Bridgestone tyres.
After driving for the first 1000kms all my apprehensions were cleared and I finished my
first service as per schedule.

I have clocked about 9500kms in the odo till date.

The problem- Today morning I could not crank the vehicle.Called up the service guy as I
I am sure the problem is something very minor, don't worry

What model/variant is this?
Old 3rd February 2013, 09:50   #502
BHPian

Quote:

was home so no issues.Within half an hour the service guys were at home trying to sort
out the issues.They checked the clutch switch checked all the fuses could not come to
any conclusion.Called up senior tecnicians and they suggested to check the earthing
connections which was checked but still the problem was not sorted out.
Had to push start the car after about 1 hour of ordeal.
I had experienced such an issue with a two month old Elantra. There was a problem in its can-bus system. It used to drain a fully charged battery overnight. The problem we faced was a minor one. Check what your service guy says. And dont worry about it, the hyundai guys are great in their jobs.
sujay bhandare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2013, 13:32   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Had to push start the car after about 1 hour of ordeal...
Push start?! I do NOT think we are supposed to push start the new age cars / engines with whole lot of sensors. That's why these cars should be jump started by connecting cables to another car. The guys from Hyundai did NOT know this?
Old 3rd February 2013, 20:27   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Push start?! I do NOT think we are supposed to push start the new age cars / engines with whole lot of sensors. That's why these cars should be jump started by connecting cables to another car. The guys from Hyundai did NOT know this?

What you say is right we are not supposed to push start but was done by the
Hyundai service personnel.
My car make is Hyundai Neo Fluidic Elantra CRDi S.
Just heard from the workshop that the wires of the airbags and the ignition has
been chewed-ed up by the rats probably through the airvents they had entered
the engine side.Have to wait for a couple of days for the parts to arrive from Chennai
I suppose.
Old 3rd February 2013, 20:30   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Just heard from the workshop that the wires of the airbags and the ignition has
been chewed-ed up by the rats probably through the airvents they had entered
the engine side.Have to wait for a couple of days for the parts to arrive from Chennai
I suppose.
You might also want to track the way the rat got into the engine bay & cover up that area with a mesh grill. Also you could try some way to neutralise the smell in the engine bay (de-greasing?). One of the members here had the issue replicating till the odour was neutralised in the engine bay.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 14:46   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Just heard from the workshop that the wires of the airbags and the ignition has been chewed-ed up by the rats probably through the airvents they had entered the engine side.
Sometime earlier I had heard that there is a gadget in market to keep away the rat and all that rodent type of animals. Its a 220V AC unit. It keeps away those beasts upto a certain certain periphery. Will check again if its still available in the market and will let you know.
sujay bhandare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 21:41   #507
BHPian

Took a test drive for the 1.8 petrol today. Was very disappointed with the power delivery! I own a polo 1.6 and i found my polo to be more responsive! The steering is too light and didnt have any confidence driving at speeds of 120kmph! The rear seats were comfortable and spacious and car looks the best in its class!
vijayvb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 13:36   #508
Senior - BHPian

I am almost on the verge of finalising the base variant of Elantra Diesel.

It is costing me close to 14.3 lacs otr in gurgaon.

I have not yet talked about discounts + loyalty etc but I assume it will be in the league of 40k or so.

Any more updates ?

The website for Elantra has been changed and now features a lot more information + articles from various sites etc and the awards it has bagged recently for car of the year.

Any more suggestions before I take the plunge ?
Old 26th March 2013, 20:25   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I am almost on the verge of finalising the base variant of Elantra Diesel.

It is costing me close to 14.3 lacs otr in gurgaon.

I have not yet talked about discounts + loyalty etc but I assume it will be in the league of 40k or so.

Any more updates ?

The website for Elantra has been changed and now features a lot more information + articles from various sites etc and the awards it has bagged recently for car of the year.

Any more suggestions before I take the plunge ?
After having driven the original Elantra (2005 model) for close to 7 years i am in love with that vehicle. I am quite sure that things might have only improved on the technology part in the new model and hence it will be pure bliss to drive around, don't think just plunge
Old 8th April 2013, 12:47   #510
BHPian

I am planning to buy Elantra Crdi, can anyone give an idea about the cost of Paid ASS on this vehicle. However still pretty confused between Jetta / Elantra.
Plus are Elantra parts expensive than the other companies if we compare in the same segment?

Last edited by ankurvirmani19 : 8th April 2013 at 13:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks