Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 19:23   #76
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Ford Endeavour 4x4 3.0L - 5 Speed Automatic - 35K kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Yes, perfectly normal. K&N is indeed a wet type filter and tends to get choked with use and needs regular cleaning (a hassle if you ask me). Since your engine is now breathing better, it performs better.
Thank you. I loved cleaning the air filter.

Actually, i wanted to know if the soaking of the filter with oil is normal.
Old 28th September 2016, 00:23   #77
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT - Now @ 42,500 kms

It has been a little over an year since my Endeavour was serviced. During the past 1 year, the Endeavour has run 7500 kms.

The beast served us well during the Chennai floods with numerous trips through knee deep water and kept us cool during the hot summers. Long distance marathons include Four trips to Bangalore, couple of trips to Dindigul, one trip each to Nagapatinam and Yelagiri.

The delay in servicing was mainly due to lack of Authorised Service Centres in South Chennai. MPL Pallikaranai had shut shop. MPL OMR had been taken over by Eureka Ford, but the over 6 months delay in selling MPL OMR led to a lot of Good technicians leaving the service centre.

I booked an appointment last week for servicing the Endeavour on Tuesday. I called my SA, Mr. Noor, yesterday and took the car today. On reaching the service station, I was informed by Mr. Noor that it would take 4 days to service the Endeavour as they do not have the manpower experienced to handle the behemoth.

I was kind of upset, but as I prepared to leave, I saw Mr. Ram, one of the best trained Ford technicians and a good friend of mine. Fortunately, he got picked up by Eureka Ford. He started the work immediately and the job card was raised after the car was on the ramp.

The engine check light was lit for almost a year now. I was aware that there was am EGR malfunction, but since there was no loss of power or mileage, I carried on driving the Endeavour.

The guys plugged in the OBD and confirmed that there was a fault with the EGR, but as there was no loss of power, they recommended not necessary to change it. The check light was removed, oil & oil filter changed and brakes serviced.

The car was delivered within 2 hours time, thanks to Mr. Ram's quick intervention and action. Paid Rs. 5000 for labour and parts and left the service station.

On my way back, I realised that the brake servicing was not good. I could hear the scrubbing of brake pads. Called up Ram and informed my observations. Since I had to finish up some work, I told him that I will get the car some other day.

The truck still drives very well, it is very well respected on the road and portrays the go-anywhere attitude.

Last edited by MAS : 28th September 2016 at 00:31.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 13:29   #78
MAS
Senior - BHPian

re: My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km

Guys,

I have decided to let go of my Endeavour.

Posted the add in T-Bhp Classified.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ndeavour.html/

The truck still drives like a dream and puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it. But, the new car itch has become stronger and hence the decision...
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 22:06   #79
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

With a heavy heart, i would like to inform you guys that my Endeavour was sold this evening to a person from Karnataka (Gulbarga). He is the Panchayat President of his district. The odo read 43,250 kms.

He and his team (5 people in all) had driven down from Gulbarga on Monday, specifically to see the car. They reached at 5 pm, test drove the car, clicked many many pics. Negotiation was over in 5 minutes and they paid the advance within 30 minutes of first seeing the car.

Yesterday, a 3 member team from Chennai joined the 5 member team from Gulbarga. The Chennai team suggested to have the car evaluated by Ford service centre as it had to be driven to Gulbarga. I drove the car to Eureka Ford, OMR and the guys there vouched for me and my car. Did a wheel rotation and got everything checked professionally by Eureka Ford.

I was pleasantly surprised when the service guys bid farewell to me and the Endeavour. With the sale of the Endeavour, I am officially out of the Ford family. The brilliant New Fiesta was replaced with the Wonderful Creta in June this year; now the New Fortuner will be replacing the Endeavour.

Coming back to the sale part, the Gulbarga team stayed back and wired the entire payment today afternoon (as yesterday was Tuesday). The necessary papers were signed and delivery of the car was done in the evening. The car is being sold to his associate in Chennai, saving me the hazels of NOC and visits to the CoP.

As i write, the car has reached Bangalore and will be driven to Gulbarga tomorrow morning.

I wish the new owners will take care of my Endeavour as much as I did. Some closing pics for your viewing...
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km-img20161114wa0004.jpg  

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km-img20161114wa0003.jpg  

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km-img20161114wa0001.jpg  

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km-img20161123wa0029.jpg  

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km-img20161123wa0025.jpg  

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km-img20161123wa0030.jpg  

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km-img20161123wa0026.jpg  

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km-img20161123wa0024.jpg  

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km-img20161123wa0022.jpg  

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km-img20161123wa0027.jpg  

MAS is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 22:24   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
my Endeavour was sold this evening to a person
Your Car looks in great condition and if you have got close to asking the price then it's not very far off from Fortuner of these Years. But your mileage is super low and the car looks pristine and there will hardly be any Toyota's with such low mileage. Did you face any problems from Ford? I read you have booked Fortuner for delivery in 2017, will suggest you go for a longish test drive again of new Fortuner as well endeavour back to back with an open mind. With newer rates on Trend you will end up saving a considerable amount and in my opinion, Ford will be a better product over Fortuner.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 01:05   #81
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Your Car looks in great condition and if you have got close to asking the price then it's not very far off from Fortuner of these Years. But your mileage is super low and the car looks pristine and there will hardly be any Toyota's with such low mileage. Did you face any problems from Ford? I read you have booked Fortuner for delivery in 2017, will suggest you go for a longish test drive again of new Fortuner as well endeavour back to back with an open mind. With newer rates on Trend you will end up saving a considerable amount and in my opinion, Ford will be a better product over Fortuner.
The Endeavour has been performing immaculately. I had no trouble with it and was super reliable. The car would be 6 years old next week and was going strong, looked new and drove well.

The only fly in the ointment was the massive lack of servicing capabilities in the past 8 months. I am extremely particular about servicing the car on time and with MPL closing down, Ford did not have any service centres in South Chennai to service the Endeavour. The "forced" service that i had carried out in September was absolutely chaotic and this dented my confidence that i could maintain the car well in the long run.

I had absolutely no idea to replace the Endeavour. I had seen the New Fortuner in Thailand many times during my recent trips there and liked its looks. But then on November 7th, when the New Fortuner was launched, the itch to own it became stronger. Went in for a longish test drive and i was extremely happy with the car. Came back home and put up the Endeavour for sale. Got a price very close to 9 Lakhs and i was happy with the deal.

I am aware that the New Endeavour is a great SUV and has won laurels in many parts of the world. But, having owned three cars from the blue oval (Fusion, New Fiesta & the Endeavour), in the past 9 years, and having seen the ups and downs of Ford's service capabilities in my part of Chennai, i decided to get a break from owning Ford Car, especially when their service levels have hit rock bottom.

The switch in June from New Fiesta to Creta made me realise that Ford cars are indeed replaceable with other brands. I also experienced the good side of Hyundai service, which IMO was more systematic, well organised and customer-centric. I hope this good experience continues.

I had owned a pre-worshipped Corolla from 2007 till 2010 and had a pleasant ownership experience. Hence, my decision to go in for the Toyota Fortuner.

Last edited by MAS : 24th November 2016 at 01:09.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 16:36   #82
BHPian

Congrats on your quick Sale and now await your ownership report of the New Fortuner once you get your hands on it.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 20:29   #83
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Congrats on your quick Sale and now await your ownership report of the New Fortuner once you get your hands on it.

Swami
Thanks Swami. Took your advice and sold it as quickly as possible.

I hope to put together the ownership report for the Fortuner. I am just unable to write the ownership report for the Creta.
Old 24th November 2016, 23:07   #84
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Selling the truck in a short time took a lot of effort and having learnt a good lesson from this experience, i would like to share the same here.

I first showed my car to Toyota U Trust from Lanson Toyota. They made me wait for two days and quoted 6 Lakhs.

Was a bit upset with the low quote and hence showed the car to Harsha Toyota with a hope to get a better price. The guy from Toyota U Trust at Harsha told me that they recently picked up a 1 Lakh run Endeavour for 6.5 Lakhs. Since my car was good and low mileage, the price will be higher. Since i had a great experience with Harsha during the back to back test drive, i was mentally prepared to sell off the car for 7.25 +/- 0.25. One more day later, they quoted me a frustrating 4.8 Lakhs.

This low quote was a big motivator for me to post ads on-line. I posted ads on Team-BHP Classifieds, OLX, Quikrcars, Carwale, Cardekho and Cartrade.

OLX
The first response came from OLX with 4 enquiries within 12 hours of posting the ad. I was upbeat and replied to all 4 enquiries via Ola Chat (as none of them had given me their numbers). One of the messages was Stereo-type "I would like to buy it for Rs. 9,00,000." Sadly none of them replied for the next two days. Two days later, i got another message which again said "I would like to buy it for Rs. 9,00,000." Long story short, i guess OLX employs people or OLX employees post fake queries so that the seller feels good.

After a few days, i upgraded to "Premium" on OLX and the response from individual actual buyers was better. Ultimately, i sold the car to an enquiry from OLX.

Quikrcars
I got more calls from Quikrcars to upgrade to premium listing than customers interested in my truck . Worst site to advertise.

Carwale
Good website. Got 2 queries from here. I just could not upload the pics of the truck on this site. Tried 7 times and each time it got rejected after an hour.

Cardekho
Poor to Average queries. Two Dealers called from here and gave ridiculously low prices ranging from 5.5 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs. Laughed and disconnected the calls.

Cartrade
The second best website after OLX. Got a number of quality, genuine enquiries from Cartrade. Good sight to advertise.

Team-BHP Classified
Only enthusiasts. One enquiry from a Team-BHPian and we discovered that we were distant relatives!!!

If i have to sell a car next, it would be OLX and Cartrade only!!!
MAS is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th April 2020, 17:41   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GauravTaneja View Post
I had test driven the Outlander and really liked it, but the fact that it is a petrol vehicle with very low resale value, etc., arguments made by the head, I had taken it off my list.

The problem with the location of Riddhi Ford on Mathura Road, and those of you who are familiar with the location, would agree, is that it is in line with all other show rooms of cars. The Mitsubishi showroom is right next doors. Despite myself, I decided to walk in and take one look at the Outlander, before going and committing to the Endeavour.
And then I made the fatal error (fatal for the Endeavour that was ready to be sold) of deciding to take a test ride. Walked back into the Mitsubishi showroom and requested for a test drive. The obliged and took me for a test drive on a 2.5 year old vehicle that had done 45k - it was at the showroom to be sold, and I specifically asked to take a test ride on that. Needless to say my resolve was pretty much in tatters by the end of the test ride.
Came across this old post of mine around how I ended up buying the Outlander.

I recently sold her with a heavy heart and miss it big time. It was not practical, never the quickest, really poor fuel efficiency, but such a fantastic car still. Absolutely no stress to drive, nice enough ground clearance, 4X4 on the fly, very comfortable on the inside, and always a head Turner.

Lesson learnt, it's not always a bad thing to go with ones heart and not pick the most practical option. I am so glad I bought the Outlander and happily do it again.

Sorry, I know this post has nothing to do with the topic, but still wanted to share my thoughts.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th April 2020 at 22:05. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
GauravTaneja is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks