Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2012, 04:58   #16
BHPian

Re: My Ford Endeavour - 4x4 3.0L - 5 Speed Automatic

Congratulations on your purchase, the endy is looking really beautiful in White. Wish you miles of pleasant motoring and off roading, now that you're in the 4wd club.
Off Roadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 07:40   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely write up on a beautiful purchase.

Now how about some 4x4 action using the beast??
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 10:15   #18
BHPian

Congrats MAS. That's one hell of good looking Endy. A gem indeed.

If you hadn't mentioned 3m or the used car part none could have believed its not a mint specimen. Kudos on the good find. I've heard people complaining of the middle bench especially on long drive. Is it true?

Wish you many many miles of hassle free ownership
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 11:27   #19
BHPian

@MAS
Congratulations sir. As many others pointed out the endy is a beauty in white. It is one of those big bad suv's which can take you and your family to any part of the country without breaking a sweat. A true tourer if you ask me.
Enjoy the car and drive safe!!
and BTW. Go in for the full bull bar instad of the nudge bars. They add a lot more character to the beast. And light forces instead of hellas. Hellas would look small on the endy!!
Anandv267 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 12:28   #20
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
Congratulations on your purchase, the endy is looking really beautiful in White. Wish you miles of pleasant motoring and off roading, now that you're in the 4wd club.
Thank you Off Roadie. After driving the Endy for a month, I now have got into the habit of not looking at the road conditions, especially when it rains. I just get in and out of any situation. Gives a lot of peace of mind on the road. Chennai roads during rains present a good opportunity for off-roading . But i'm yet to do any sort of serious off-roading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Lovely write up on a beautiful purchase.

Now how about some 4x4 action using the beast??
Thanks you sudev. I seriously want to do a Chennai-Leh-Chennai trip, but work is keeping me tied up so much that i have started to use the Fiesta again as it is easier to clean in the morning when compared to the Endy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Congrats MAS. That's one hell of good looking Endy. A gem indeed.

If you hadn't mentioned 3m or the used car part none could have believed its not a mint specimen. Kudos on the good find. I've heard people complaining of the middle bench especially on long drive. Is it true?

Wish you many many miles of hassle free ownership
Thanks Arup.

3M, Nungambakkam did a great a job. Dushy and his team just all over the car cleaning every part with a lot of dedication. The car had a lot of salt deposits (seems like hard water was used to clean the car by the previous owner). This was a big challenge and the guys there stuck to their job.

As i personally clean the cars on a daily basis, i could still notice many places which were left out and had cleaned them periodically. I hope i can keep the car as sparkling as now.
Old 27th August 2012, 19:59   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 28th August 2012, 08:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on a steal MAS.

The truck looks fresh out of a showroom. Great buy.

Maybe, you should have asked 3M to remove the decals from the side. That's the only sore looking thing on your truck. Love the placement of the sticker.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 09:58   #23
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Congrats on a steal MAS.

The truck looks fresh out of a showroom. Great buy.

Maybe, you should have asked 3M to remove the decals from the side. That's the only sore looking thing on your truck. Love the placement of the sticker.
Thanks John. I somehow liked the decals on the sides. For me they serve to break the monotony of the plain sides.

T-BHP sticker is very special and thanks to the narrow space between number plate screws, i ended up placing it above the left Fog light. Kinda neat..
Old 28th August 2012, 10:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

A great buy indeed ! The giant after the polish looks fantastic, at that price this is one hell of a deal !
I have great respect for the Endy as a true blue SUV , prefer the driving position of an Endy much better than the Fortuner .
Wish you many many miles of happy mile crunching with this true blue SUV - the roll would remind you always thats its an SUV lest you get spoilt by your Fiesta
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 10:24   #25
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Removal of scrathes

There were three minor scratches on the Endeavour and were an eyesore on my otherwise shining white truck. Two of them were present earlier (on the front right fender and rear left bumper), while the third one was gifted by MPL Ford service guys (on the rear door edge) in addition to making the front on longer than before.

The first scratch - on the front right fender.
My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km-endy-scratch-front-fender.jpg

The second and third one - at the rear bumper (left) and the rear door
My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km-endy-scratch-back.jpg

I wanted to take the car to MPL Ford's body shop to get them patched up when i came across this site Aeroaids Corporation - Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint Manufacturers on another thread on Team-BHP (where else do we get such good information)

The website is very professionally done and i ordered a Value pack. This Pack consists of
1 Can of Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint(120gms),
1 Can of Com-Merge, Finishing Solvent Spray (120gms)
1 Tube of Com-Cut (50gms) and
1 1000 No. Water Proof Emery Paper.

I simply chose the manufacturer (FORD in this case) from and the entire spectrum of colours from Ford was displayed.
My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km-compaint.jpg

Chose Diamond white, paid Rs. 400 by Credit Card and received their confirmation email immediately. Unfortunately, instead of getting a mail with shipment details, i was informed that the product was not in stock and they would ship it as soon as it is available. I was worried a bit, but a week later, i received this neatly packed parcel.
My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km-paint-outer-cover.jpg

Was surprised by the way it was professionally packed...
My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km-paint-black-front.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km-paint-black-back.jpg

Name:  Paint  Inside cover.jpg
Views: 6483
Size:  260.8 KB

Its contents...
My Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT. EDIT: Now sold at 43,250 km-paint-content.jpg

I did exactly as it was given in their video

and voila, the scratches were "mostly" invisible. Sorry will post pictures of the "after" spray treatment.

But i was happy because if as a novice i could do this, with a little practice, i could do better. The best part is the ease of application and the zero-mess it created while doing so.

Now, my Endeavour is even sparkling without the eyesore. The only thing i am worried is the long term heat and light fastness of the touch up paint from com-paint. I hope they will be as good as the OE.
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 10:39   #26
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations MAS! That’s a very well kept Endeavour. And good to know that you have not abandoned the Fiesta
How does the steering feel in comparison with the Fiesta?

And please don’t add any bull bars. The car in its stock form looks very nice, and adding bull bars will pose a safety hazard – for the car, and also for the fellow road users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Maybe, you should have asked 3M to remove the decals from the side. That's the only sore looking thing on your truck.
I agree, the car should look even better without those fancy stickers.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 11:36   #27
BHPian

@ MAS

Congrats for the Endy.. I agree the kind of driving feel that a Ford provides makes you a Ford fan. Unfortunately for me an SUV would have made life pretty tough for the urban commute & Ford did not have any offering in the D segment that I was looking at hence moved to the German (Jetta) which is a fantastic handler as well.

I gave my earlier Ikon to a friend & sometimes when I drive it the size & direct steering is just amazing..

If you had not mentioned the 3M treatment I would have a hard time believing that it was pre-worshipped. What a DEAL. The best thing to do was to go for the AT which takes a lot of the pain away from the cut & thrust of city driving.

Hope you find time to do the Chennai - Leh - Chennai trip sooner than later..

Happy Motoring.
vkaul1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 18:04   #28
BHPian

Many Congratulation's on your purchase.

About a year ago - I was in the market for a diesel SUV and had taken a Test Drive of the Endeavour 4X4 automatic at the dealer in Chandigarh.

Unfortunately, the dealer seemed quite useless - as the interiors of the Test Vehicle were quite dirty and the salesperson accompanying us for the TD seemed disinterested and rude.

I subsequently settled on the Fortuner.

One thing i remember clearly from my TD of the Endeavour Automatic was that I could actually 'hear' the upshift and downshift of the Autobox as i accelerated or slowed down.

Is this a normal thing in all Endeavour's or was the dealer's TD vehicle just worn out and not properly maintained?
driven646 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 18:21   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven646 View Post
One thing i remember clearly from my TD of the Endeavour Automatic was that I could actually 'hear' the upshift and downshift of the Autobox as i accelerated or slowed down.

Is this a normal thing in all Endeavour's or was the dealer's TD vehicle just worn out and not properly maintained?
In any automatic car, you can, with observation know that the autobox is shifting gears, by the engine sound and the difference in the vehicle movement.
Apart from this, any other "feel" or "jerk" is a sign of something unusual.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 19:10   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
In any automatic car, you can, with observation know that the autobox is shifting gears, by the engine sound and the difference in the vehicle movement.
Apart from this, any other "feel" or "jerk" is a sign of something unusual.
I understand that....however, I have since bought a VW Passat with the 6 speed DSG box....I have till date never 'Heard' the gears upshifting or downshifting like I did during the TD of the Endeavour.

Besides the normal noise of the Engine slipping into higher or lower rev's...in the Endeavour I heard a separate and distinct noise of the gears shifting - I think that was just a badly used TD vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks