Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2012, 16:34   #61
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 CRDI Asta

Hi Atidya,

Great reports on FE and real usage. I'm going through the same decision of moving from an ageing Alto to (maybe) the same config. i20. The CRDI Asta is the leading contender in terms of price/features and size/manoeuvrability. What's been your experience in parking/u-turns compared to the Alto?

Have you tried bluetooth for your Phone instead of the cable? When I checked out this model a few weeks ago, I quickly paired my phone and test the functions against my aftermarket Pioneer and was very happy that everything worked perfectly.

Also, can't recall if it was your post or someone else, but can you open the boot without exiting the car? How about via the key fob?

Thanks,
mini
Old 12th December 2012, 12:09   #62
BHPian

Hi mini,

Thanks for the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniwarmth View Post
What's been your experience in parking/u-turns compared to the Alto?

Have you tried bluetooth for your Phone instead of the cable? When I checked out this model a few weeks ago, I quickly paired my phone and test the functions against my aftermarket Pioneer and was very happy that everything worked perfectly.

Also, can't recall if it was your post or someone else, but can you open the boot without exiting the car? How about via the key fob?
1. The turning radius is definitely greater than the Alto - I guess only 3 wheelers can beat it there. Nevertheless, the ultra light steering coupled with rear sensor+camera package make it very easy.

2. I pair my phone via Bluetooth routinely without issues of any sort. The picture earlier in the thread shows an iPod, not an iPhone.

3. You need not exit the car to open the boot. I go thru security check every time I enter and exit the office - there are no issues. The car needs to be unlocked to allow boot opening if you are inside the car. If you are outside you need to just stand close to the vehicle to open the boot, or use remote buttons to open it.
aditya101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 16:43   #63
BHPian

@Aditya101 - Can you pls answer some of my questions below w.r.t i20. I had asked these same questions on the Punto thread as well, as am contemplating buying a car in the next 3 months or so. I am looking at the Punto, i20 and Polo. Am yet to test drive these cars.

1. Can 3 people sit comfortably at the back with enough shoulder room over long distances? This is one of my main requirement.

2. How is the seating comfort both at the front and rear? what about thigh support?

3. How is the rear seat comfort with respect to ride? Is it bouncy and hard like the swift or is it good?

4. How is the head room compared to taller hatchbacks like swift etc.

5. I would also be doing a fair bit of highway drives. How do you feel it on the highway?

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th January 2013, 22:19   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
@Aditya101 - Can you pls answer some of my questions below w.r.t i20. I had asked these same questions on the Punto thread as well, as am contemplating buying a car in the next 3 months or so. I am looking at the Punto, i20 and Polo. Am yet to test drive these cars.

1. Can 3 people sit comfortably at the back with enough shoulder room over long distances? This is one of my main requirement.

A : I find i20 rear bench more comfortable for 3 people.

2. How is the seating comfort both at the front and rear? what about thigh support?

A : Front : Punto
Rear : i20

3. How is the rear seat comfort with respect to ride? Is it bouncy and hard like the swift or is it good?

A : with reapect to ride, punto is better.

A: head room is decent in both cars.

5. I would also be doing a fair bit of highway drives. How do you feel it on the highway?

A : i do a fair bit of highway driving myself and i prefer Punto on the highways / high speeds. Thanks to its tank lile built and awesome steering.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I have replied most ur questions. I owm a 2010 Punto MJD EP ( 30k kms) and 2012 i20 Asta Crdi (6k kms)

Please note all views are my personal experience of owning both cars and driving them on daily basis.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 15th January 2013 at 22:21.
Old 16th January 2013, 12:36   #65
BHPian

Dear NFS,

I am 100% satisfied with the overall highway performance and comfort. I arrive at the destination fresh (compared to my SX4 ... dont even talk of the Alto). Contrary to the popular opinion on the forum, the car inspires confidence on the highway drives .... it is a combination of many factors, including the excellent lamps, arm rest, lighting level and brakes. I had noted the 5 star safety rating as well during the purchase process.

Though I find the Punto to be a desirable car, I avoided it since I was uncomfortable with overall Fiat & Tata product experience and reliability/service. i20 ofcourse is the segment best in equipment levels which also influenced my buying decision. My point is that driving and ride dynamics seem to be #1 priority in your case - while it was not so with me.

I routinely travel with 4 people and luggage on the highway and space and comfort has never been an issue. Nevertheless:

a. Due to shaping of the front seats, my father finds ingress and egress to be cumbersome. Thus he restricts himself to the back seat only. Swift is a taller car and is thus more comfortable for ingress and egress.

b. The rear seat has a sharp incline, reducing the comfort on long drives. But it not a deal breaker imho.

I dont think 3 people will be an issue. If this is a main requirement as you say, then do consider Mahindra Verito. It a spacious and comfortable car with sufficient highway performance.

Viz-a-viz the Polo: it was outright reject due to lack of space, especially at rear. On points #1 to #4 the VW is a complete No-No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th February 2013, 16:18   #66
BHPian

Odo: ~9,500 Km

Best FE ever: 23.19 Kmpl (90% highway)
Avg FE: 18.76 Kmpl
Avg Cost/Per Km: Rs 2.43/-

Recently I had to move a lot of luggage between cities. 100% flat folding seats worked like a charm. Photos show one 25-Kg class suit case standing upright. It is a 4 wheeler which is taller than normal luggage pieces. There was a good 3-4 inches to spare (height and width) and I am sure that would have come in standing as well. I could arrange 3 such suitcases in line at the back! The folded down back was then piled on with the remaining stuff. Chandigarh Express becomes a Freight Train!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 CRDI Asta-img_20130208_142926_s1280.jpg  

Hyundai i20 CRDI Asta-img_20130208_143012_s1280.jpg  

Old 24th June 2013, 08:07   #67
BHPian

My car recently received its 10K service. Have not been getting the time to share all updates here .... need advice on particular problem I am facing.

The car is observed to drift to the left side on the highway. This is a recent development. I informed this issue prior to service - response to which was standard wheel balancing and alignment. However, it is not resolved.

Have other owners faced the same problem? What is the resolution?

-----

FE update:

Odo: 11199 Km
Average: 18.53 Kmpl (50-50 Highway/Road)
Best FE ever: 23.19 Kmpl (90% highway)
Worst FE ever: 15.91 Kmpl (fuel hose cutoff not working)
Old 24th June 2013, 09:30   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
Worst FE ever: 15.91 Kmpl (fuel hose cutoff not working)
Hi aditya101,
Could you please explain a bit about the "cutoff not working"? I have seen a bit of drop in my FE for no obvious reason in last 2 fuel fills. Want to know about this hose cutoff so that I can also check/get this checked?

Thanks.
Old 24th June 2013, 11:11   #69
BHPian

Hi,

Could you please explain a bit about the "cutoff not working"?

I measure FE using tankful method; Travel X kilometers, and then top-up the tank. Thus giving Kmpl figure.

Now one time I topped up, the pump nozzle cutoff was not working so the guy filled the tank literally to the brim by visually inspecting the fuel level. This meant that the car took in much more fuel than it does normally - thus giving an odd FE number. There is no fault in my car as such.
Old 30th June 2013, 20:14   #70
BHPian

Hi guys

I'm considering the i20 asta crdi & wanted to know about the b pillars being coated with black 3m coating. I've seen this on a couple of i20s (similar to the blackened b pillars on a swift vdi) but I believe these don't come standard .

This treatment is what I'm referring to http://www.hyundai.co.uk/content/off...coralwhite.png

Does Hyundai do this for you at a charge?

Thanks

Last edited by Zahir : 30th June 2013 at 20:16.
Old 1st July 2013, 12:53   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Hi guys

I'm considering the i20 asta crdi & wanted to know about the b pillars being coated with black 3m coating. I've seen this on a couple of i20s (similar to the blackened b pillars on a swift vdi) but I believe these don't come standard .

This treatment is what I'm referring to http://www.hyundai.co.uk/content/off...coralwhite.png

Does Hyundai do this for you at a charge?

Thanks
Hi zahir!

I too drive an i20 and I got the B-pillars wrapped with black vinyls. It definitely adds to the looks.

No, Hyundai doesn't do this, even at a charge. I got it done at a local accessory shop and found the quality of job to be very good. . The total cost of the wrap was Rs.300 (for both sides)
Old 1st July 2013, 14:05   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyAsta View Post
Hi zahir!

I too drive an i20 and I got the B-pillars wrapped with black vinyls. It definitely adds to the looks.

No, Hyundai doesn't do this, even at a charge. I got it done at a local accessory shop and found the quality of job to be very good. . The total cost of the wrap was Rs.300 (for both sides)
Hey man, thats awesome! I'd love to see some pictures

Does it peel easily?
Zahir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 16:25   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Hey man, thats awesome! I'd love to see some pictures

Does it peel easily?
Its been over 1 year and it has peeled!. The finish is still as good as new, no fading or something like that. Very happy with it!

Here's the pic:-
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 CRDI Asta-img_2491.jpg  

Old 1st July 2013, 20:31   #74
BHPian

^ a black roof works well on a i20 as well ...
Old 2nd July 2013, 11:14   #75
BHPian

@aditya101.
+1 on that. Black roof really looks good!. I have seen many i20s with black roofs. Thinking of getting the roof wrapped in black at 3M sometime later.

@zahir
An Edit (for my above post):- its been over 1 year and it hasn't peeled!. I'm sorry for the typo!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks