Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2012, 20:58   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Welcome to Le Club BigFoot! It is indeed a very good vehicle and yes, ladies do prefer the high stance.

Of late I am seeing a much larger number of Yeti's on the road in Bangalore.

Seems that finally this lovely, elegant, clever little vehicle is getting what is richly its due!

Enjoy...
Old 28th September 2012, 22:47   #17
BHPian

Re: Yet another Skoda Yeti

Congratulations Robin! Exact same color and spec as my Yeti - 29K kms in 20 months and I'm loving it!
Old 29th September 2012, 09:29   #18
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th September 2012 at 14:06.
msvg is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th September 2012, 08:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Welcome to Le Club BigFoot! It is indeed a very good vehicle and yes, ladies do prefer the high stance.

Of late I am seeing a much larger number of Yeti's on the road in Bangalore.

Seems that finally this lovely, elegant, clever little vehicle is getting what is richly its due!

Enjoy...
Thanks. Yea I also see quite a lot of Yetis these days, including the 4x2. We can have a Bangalore Yeti meet someday

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoom View Post
Congratulations Robin! Exact same color and spec as my Yeti - 29K kms in 20 months and I'm loving it!
Ambition? So it isn't rare after all. Behemoth, you and me. 20 months - You must have got near the launch time.
Old 30th September 2012, 10:19   #20
BHPian

i too find a lot of yeti these days on delhi roads. It may be partly because of discount and partly because of absurd pricing of duster which made yeti value for money . And ofcourse people realizing they don't need bigger suv
Old 30th September 2012, 12:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on joining the Skoda Club. Do share your after-sales support feedback as and when you avail it. This will go a long way in dispelling doubts in people's minds about Skoda after-sales.

Wishing you years of luxurious driving.
Old 1st October 2012, 08:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
i too find a lot of yeti these days on delhi roads. It may be partly because of discount and partly because of absurd pricing of duster which made yeti value for money . And ofcourse people realizing they don't need bigger suv
Looking at the duster pricing Yeti after discount looks more appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congratulations on joining the Skoda Club. Do share your after-sales support feedback as and when you avail it. This will go a long way in dispelling doubts in people's minds about Skoda after-sales.

Wishing you years of luxurious driving.
Thanks

Actually I have 4 yrs of Skoda service experience. I have also had a chance to experience Maruti service for some time during the same period.

To service my Fabia I follow certain rules now. As far as possible I am at the service center as my car gets serviced (often with other Fabia owners gang that we have formed), may be we don't trust them enough. It is not because it is Skoda and they are bound to play foul. I know others do it too. My father has been vary of Maruti since 1989. Minor accidents do happen in the workshop and I am roaming around so they just can't get away with excuses. I never use their pick up and drop facility. They drive like hooligans.

Following these rules require time and lots of patience. Last week I went to them for coolant change, AC gas check up and brake oil check up. It is an hours job. I went at 9 am. They didn't touch the car till noon (no vacant ramps as they say). Finally I got the car by 1.30.

On the other hand with the 800 that the Yeti replaced, I din't follow these rules as I didn't care. There were issues that existed when we bought the car 2nd hand and it remained till we sold it. Again I didn't care much but Maruti can't get away with this. Had it been with my Fabia I would have created a racket. I am not sure how I would have behaved if I had a car from them closer to my heart.

Next issue is of extra/useless charges. These charges on 800 were very little and often missed my lens, untill in the last service when they bumped the bill to 5.5 k (@37k k kms). I had paid 6.5k for my Fabia just a week before that (@56k kms). Whats the world coming to I thought. Maruti guys had charged some 1700 for scandalous throttle body cleaning or something. I keep a lot closer eye on the Fabia's bills.

Maruti's service is prompt but other wise they are all the same. I went with Skoda again because I have sort of built a relation with them now. Moreover I know the way they function, good and bad.

FE for last fill I filled the tank till auto cut of the nozzle. It consumed 25.8 liters for 313 kms, ~12.2 km/l. Yeti has still not touched the 1000 kms mark.

Last edited by fi.robin : 1st October 2012 at 09:00.
fi.robin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 09:50   #23
BANNED

Congrats on getting the(not so) abominable creature in your garage.
Its a Great car for Indian Conditions =
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
i too find a lot of yeti these days on Delhi roads. It may be partly because of discount and partly because of absurd pricing of duster which made yeti value for money . And of course people realizing they don't need bigger suv
Still not much Yetis in Ludhiana. This kind of goes against the Yeti, selling in such small numbers, making you think a million times before buying it.

In here , people are still obsessed with the XUV and the Fortuner

Last edited by agambhandari : 1st October 2012 at 09:52.
Old 1st October 2012, 10:15   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
In here , people are still obsessed with the XUV and the Fortuner
yes, Ludhiana is a different market altogether, People are obsessed with bigger SUV. The likes of fortuner/pajero/xuv and especially the white one
Old 7th October 2012, 20:19   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
Thanks
The exec gladly showed around in the basement where they had all the Yetis. We surprisingly found a Feb 2012 model [sixth character of the VIN is the month and the 10th is the year]. We booked the car.
This feb 2012 model, which variant was this? was this an Elegance?
Old 7th October 2012, 21:39   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
This feb 2012 model, which variant was this? was this an Elegance?
That was Elegance. The One that I finally bought is Ambition 4x4.
fi.robin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2012, 21:48   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

What was your final ON ROAD price after all the discounts thrown in? Getting very difficult to compute these things these days.

Am just keeping my options open now :-)
Old 8th October 2012, 07:38   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
What was your final ON ROAD price after all the discounts thrown in? Getting very difficult to compute these things these days.

The more options you have the more difficult it will be to compute . OTR was 18.6 (inclusive of Extended Warranty and zero depreciation insurance).
fi.robin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 12:00   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

In case you are planning on a Yeti, I was with Hemant yesterday and he told me that he has 2 Yeti Elegances with him in Silver and is in a hurry to sell it. I could be able to arrange good discounts on it.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 12:04   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
In case you are planning on a Yeti, I was with Hemant yesterday and he told me that he has 2 Yeti Elegances with him in Silver and is in a hurry to sell it. I could be able to arrange good discounts on it.
LOL! Dev, just add two more letters to the end of your name "il" and you become the devil!

I WILL restrain myself. I WILL restrain myself. I WILL restrain myself.

And wait for the darned ecosport...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks