Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2012, 12:16   #31
BANNED

Re: Yet another Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I WILL restrain myself. I WILL restrain myself. I WILL restrain myself.
Thank you for the compliments.

I d still say, "Take the plunge man, you live only once." Imagine driving a sublime Euro quality, intelligent 4WD saloon like SUV with climate control, HDC, HLL, ASR, ESP, ABS...the works you know..

Yeti Vs Ecosport: No brainer here, do you want me to elaborate at all?
Old 8th October 2012, 12:23   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Thank you for the compliments.

I d still say, "Take the plunge man, you live only once." Imagine driving a sublime Euro quality, intelligent 4WD saloon like SUV with climate control, HDC, HLL, ASR, ESP, ABS...the works you know..

Yeti Vs Ecosport: No brainer here, do you want me to elaborate at all?

Haha, you capitalistic consumerists will be the death of us!

I do think the Yeti just signifies a lot of greed (for me), and that greed's way too expensive to be satisfied. That said, if robin sells his for under 10L 2 years down the line, maybe I'll bite the hook!

Robin, you here?
Old 8th October 2012, 12:38   #33
BHPian

Congratulations.

If the sole purpose of getting a Yeti was intentionally driving where you shouldnt be driving in the first place, then you are going to get stuck no matter what if you are not cautious.

An FWD isnt that bad if it is driven correctly with good tyres in similar situation.

Old 8th October 2012, 13:26   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Haha, you capitalistic consumerists will be the death of us!

I do think the Yeti just signifies a lot of greed (for me), and that greed's way too expensive to be satisfied. That said, if robin sells his for under 10L 2 years down the line, maybe I'll bite the hook!

Robin, you here?
I am here but you are sitting under the wrong tree waiting for the apple to drop. I am not really known for selling cars prematurely - that is why I bought a Yeti in the first place. I know the quality is going last pretty long.
fi.robin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 12:18   #35
BHPian

@aerohit - I agree with you. But keeping other things constant (esp. sanity ), the adventurous type will be better off in a 4x4.

This Monday I tanked up.
Reading on Odo - 1329
Total fuel after filling - 177 liters (including 10 or so given by the dealer at the time of delivery)

It was raining in Bangalore and I found that my wing mirrors don't heat up. Will have to get it checked. I hope they had just missed to update the software at the time of delivery.
Old 17th October 2012, 22:01   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin
@
It was raining in Bangalore and I found that my wing mirrors don't heat up. Will have to get it checked. I hope they had just missed to update the software at the time of delivery.
Are you sure that the India spec Yeti has heated ORVM's? I dont think it does. Would like to request a second opinion from an expert enthusiast like Sunilrj and Dev. I have not seen this feature on my Elegance. But then, maybe I m just plain dumb.
Old 17th October 2012, 22:40   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan

Are you sure that the India spec Yeti has heated ORVM's? I dont think it does. Would like to request a second opinion from an expert enthusiast like Sunilrj and Dev. I have not seen this feature on my Elegance. But then, maybe I m just plain dumb.
The brochure clearly says that the feature is present in the Yeti.
Though how is it activated?
Old 18th October 2012, 06:41   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The brochure clearly says that the feature is present in the Yeti.
Though how is it activated?
The wing mirror knob houses this. There are four options heat (indicated with heating sign), R, o, L. o is neutral. R and L are for adjusting the respective mirrors. Heating should work only when the engine is on to avoid draining the battery. It has a timer too - stops after some 20 mins or so. Why don't you try it and feel the mirror. If working it will warm the mirrors. It works nicely in my Fabia and I find it quite effective in rain to evaporate the drops from the mirror.
fi.robin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 07:19   #39
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin

The wing mirror knob houses this. There are four options heat (indicated with heating sign), R, o, L. o is neutral. R and L are for adjusting the respective mirrors. Heating should work only when the engine is on to avoid draining the battery. It has a timer too - stops after some 20 mins or so. Why don't you try it and feel the mirror. If working it will warm the mirrors. It works nicely in my Fabia and I find it quite effective in rain to evaporate the drops from the mirror.
Many thanks! I completely missed out on this.
Old 1st November 2012, 13:42   #40
BHPian

I have driven the Yeti extensively in Gujarat and Rajasthan in the last one week.
All the power is really addicting. Although our speed was mostly in the 80-110 range, the travel was more comfortable and faster than Fabia. Overtaking was a breeze and fun.
Did a bit of off roading in the Rann of Kutch (again) and in the sand around Jaisalmer. Sand was loose at may places and I could sense the 4 wheel system working, wheels spinning and car sliding. It was fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Skoda Yeti-dsc05112-copy.jpg  

Yet another Skoda Yeti-dsc05246-copy.jpg  

Old 1st November 2012, 16:35   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
I have driven the Yeti extensively in Gujarat and Rajasthan in the last one week.
All the power is really addicting.
Nice!!

Have you tried the Yeti on a mushy surface? Please share your experience. You seem to have found a nice testing ground for all your cars
Old 1st November 2012, 20:31   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
Nice!!

Have you tried the Yeti on a mushy surface? Please share your experience. You seem to have found a nice testing ground for all your cars
Rann seems to be my favorite
I didn't drive deep in Rann this time as I found from the locals that it was still marshy. Getting help deep inside would have been impossible. Place where I live in Bangalore has some bad stretch which becomes slushy after heavy shower. I had once almost got my fabia stuck. It has been raining a lot in Bangalore these days but I am out since last 10 days.
Old 6th November 2012, 20:44   #43
BHPian

Did the calculation today for the Rajasthan and Gujarat trip.

5580 kms, 350.6 ltrs of diesel = 15.9 km/l
I mostly drove in the 80-110 range. My wife was a bit less considerate. On few occasion we did touch 160 for a few secs. There were some very roads too. The car for 2/3 part had 4 passengers and full luggage, for remaining just my wife and me.

I am pretty sure that some bunks must have bungled with the fuel meter. Earlier with Fabia I stuck to the reliable service of Reliance, Shell or Essar for petrol.

Uptill now 7003 kms and 526.9 ltrs = 13.3
Old 3rd December 2012, 07:00   #44
BHPian

Gave the car for the first check up @7600 kms this Saturday. Total cost was 470/- for half liter of engine oil. I also got the heating system on the wing mirrors updated. It was initially set at 0 degree. I had them set it to 40 degree.

What is a good product for leather cleaning?

The Yeti has grown on me in all these days. Sadly I may have to sell it as I may relocate to US. If any interested buyer lurking around please let me know .

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...oda/Yeti.html/
Old 3rd December 2012, 10:40   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
Sadly I may have to sell it as I may relocate to US. If any interested buyer lurking around please let me know .

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...oda/Yeti.html/
If i am right only elegance gets the 4x4 right?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks