Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2012, 10:44   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj

If i am right only elegance gets the 4x4 right?
No, both the Ambition and Elegance trims come with 4x4.

Ambition is also available in 4x2
Old 3rd December 2012, 11:15   #47
Team-BHP Support

Re: Yet another Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
If i am right only elegance gets the 4x4 right?
No, the Yeti 4x4 140ps is available in Elegance and Ambition, and the 4x2 110ps is available in Ambition and very basic Active variant.
Old 3rd December 2012, 16:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
I also got the heating system on the wing mirrors updated. It was initially set at 0 degree. I had them set it to 40 degree.
How exactly is that going to help? Kindly elaborate what exactly you got done. Thanks.
Old 3rd December 2012, 17:09   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
How exactly is that going to help? Kindly elaborate what exactly you got done. Thanks.
It is the temperature that the OVRM will heat to when you turn the heating on. Here in Bangalore we don't get fog but I use it to dry the rain drops. It is quite effective.

The temperature setting was done by VAS. I think the options are 0, 20 and 40 degrees. 0 and 20 are of no use in drying the droplets. My initial setting was 0.
fi.robin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 14:16   #50
BHPian

Yesterday I topped up the Yeti after a long time. She took 43.4 ltrs for 500 kms since the last fill. She has done ~8200 kms in nearly 4 months.
Old 26th December 2012, 17:30   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I topped up the Yeti after a long time. She took 43.4 ltrs for 500 kms since the last fill. She has done ~8200 kms in nearly 4 months.
Robin, that is pretty impressive FE especially if a bulk of those 500 KM came in the city of Bangalore and its much-dreaded traffic. Have you got similar returns before?

Also 8200 KM in 4 months means you are crunching those miles on the Yeti. Nice! Hey but where are the travelogues mate?
Old 26th December 2012, 19:13   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Robin, that is pretty impressive FE especially if a bulk of those 500 KM came in the city of Bangalore and its much-dreaded traffic. Have you got similar returns before?

Also 8200 KM in 4 months means you are crunching those miles on the Yeti. Nice! Hey but where are the travelogues mate?
All the 500 kms in city. I think this is one of my worst FE figures in the Yeti. I changed my office timing from 8am - 4pm to noon - 8pm. That means I have to spend more time in the traffic.

I know a travelogue is pending. Hopefully I will get some time soon to start that.
Old 26th December 2012, 19:20   #53
BHPian

Quote:

I have been consistently getting a fuel consumption average of approximately 18 kmpl from my Yeti, who has munched 1800kms in 28 days. A typical daily run is just over 80 kms of which about 60 kms is spent on either the Western Express or Eastern Express Highway in Mumbai. The remaining 20km or so is spent on smaller roads with signals and the usual traffic obstacles. I usually shift gears a few seconds before or after the gear shift arrow lights up on the indicator. The best fuel consumption average that I have achieved has been an astounding 25 kmpl for about 10-12 mins on the Eastern Expressway late at night at cruising speeds with the RPM needle hovering between 1000-1200 rpm in 5th (I have a 4x2 where 5th is the top gear).
Btw, I have also used the tank [full->empty] method to calculate the average and found that the MID fuel consumption indicator is quite accurate.
Old 27th December 2012, 00:15   #54
BHPian

Quote:
All the 500 kms in city. I think this is one of my worst FE figures in the Yeti. I changed my office timing from 8am - 4pm to noon - 8pm. That means I have to spend more time in the traffic.
Still pretty neat I'd say. If it is 8 PM in BLR, we're talking literally stop-start traffic isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishik View Post
I have been consistently getting a fuel consumption average of approximately 18 kmpl from my Yeti, who has munched 1800kms in 28 days. A typical daily run is just over 80 kms of which about 60 kms is spent on either the Western Express or Eastern Express Highway in Mumbai. The remaining 20km or so is spent on smaller roads with signals and the usual traffic obstacles. I usually shift gears a few seconds before or after the gear shift arrow lights up on the indicator. The best fuel consumption average that I have achieved has been an astounding 25 kmpl for about 10-12 mins on the Eastern Expressway late at night at cruising speeds with the RPM needle hovering between 1000-1200 rpm in 5th (I have a 4x2 where 5th is the top gear).
Btw, I have also used the tank [full->empty] method to calculate the average and found that the MID fuel consumption indicator is quite accurate.
Hrishi, if I were to ask you for a percentage to which the MID is accurate, what would you say it is?

BTW when did you buy your Yeti? Which dealership in Mumbai? Would you mind sharing the details of your deal please.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 27th December 2012 at 00:17.
Old 27th December 2012, 04:39   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! My best that I remember was 5l/100km on the Mumbai - Pune expressway on the MID. The next best was 5.4l/100km on the Bangalore - Pune stretch. And I am a driver with a light foot.
Quote:
Still pretty neat I'd say. If it is 8 PM in BLR, we're talking literally stop-start traffic isn't it?
It takes me 50 mins to travel 13 kms. At times one particular signal alone takes 15-20 mins. It is usually 35 mins at 7.30 in the morning. The best on the MID on those mornings were 6l/100km.

It is tempting to have a blast in the Yeti but with almost everybody having their own sense of traffic rules on the road, I refrain from it. I think 140 bhp is more than anybody can use in our driving conditions. I have to drive the Fabia every now and then to realize how good the Yeti is
Old 27th December 2012, 19:43   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! My best that I remember was 5l/100km on the Mumbai - Pune expressway on the MID. The next best was 5.4l/100km on the Bangalore - Pune stretch. And I am a driver with a light foot.
The Yeti delivers much better numbers Robin - my daily commute includes a good stretch of expressway and I regularly get sub 5l/100km. There are few occasions where I have seen this go below 4l/100km as well! See this for an example http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2895157

Amazing feat for a 140BHP monster huh?
Old 28th December 2012, 15:09   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Hrishi, if I were to ask you for a percentage to which the MID is accurate, what would you say it is?

The last time I did a comparison, tank [full->empty->full] method gave me an average of approximately 17.2 kmpl, while the MID indicator showed me an average of 5.5l/100km, which is approximately 18.2kmpl. So the error as a fraction of the MID reading is 1/18.2, which is approx 0.0549 or 5.49%.
This of course is only an estimate since the MID indicator shows real-time fuel consumption - so the value 5.5l/100km is also an average value. I chose this value since I found that for my daily run I hit this value and stay at it most frequently. Also, the average fuel consumption since day 1 of ownership is again 5.5l/100km according to the MID.

Quote:
BTW when did you buy your Yeti? Which dealership in Mumbai? Would you mind sharing the details of your deal please.
See this link -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2948384

for my Yeti buying experience.
Old 29th December 2012, 07:55   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoom View Post
The Yeti delivers much better numbers Robin - my daily commute includes a good stretch of expressway and I regularly get sub 5l/100km. There are few occasions where I have seen this go below 4l/100km as well! See this for an example http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2895157

Amazing feat for a 140BHP monster huh?
It is amazing. Those figures seems to be from a consistent drive at 80kmph in top gear. My best was while doing 100-110 in top gear on the expressway, including a few bursts in between. It is hard to tie yourself down on expressway on a long journey. Some day I will try consistent 80kmph.

Quote:
Also, the average fuel consumption since day 1 of ownership is again 5.5l/100km according to the MID.
How do you know this, from the memory 2? I never got the hang of this memory 2 but I think it resets after 20hrs of driving in the Ambition trim and longer in the Elegance trim (2000hrs I guess).
Old 29th December 2012, 11:58   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How do you know this, from the memory 2? I never got the hang of this memory 2 but I think it resets after 20hrs of driving in the Ambition trim and longer in the Elegance trim (2000hrs I guess).
Memory 2 is permanent unless you reset it. Memory 1 is I think the one reset itself after 5-6 hours
Old 31st December 2012, 07:02   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Memory 2 is permanent unless you reset it. Memory 1 is I think the one reset itself after 5-6 hours
Memory 1 resets after 2 hrs of non use. It gives a good reading for a trip without any break of more than 2 hours. In my car Memory 2 resets after a few days. I remember in the manual it is written that it will reset after 20 hrs of driving, but for the Elegance trim it is 2000 hrs (or 1999 hrs, some big number) that is why it may have feel permanent. I'll check again.

On Saturday I tried and eco run on the NICE road. Reset the FE meter once on NICE road and drove at 80 in top gear for ~15 kms.

And the results ..
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Skoda Yeti-img2012122900069.jpg  

Yet another Skoda Yeti-img2012122900072.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks