Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2016, 09:40   #91
BANNED

Re: Urban Titanium Honda Brio V-AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Thank you for updating the thread regularly. Do you recommend updating the tyres on the Brio to 185 section ?
Now why bother. For town running standard tyres are Ok. What I may do
when they are due for a change to go over to Michelin or at least Bridgestone from the standard MRF. My son moved to Bridgestone from MRF in his old Swift and the improvement was phenomenal.

Last edited by sgiitk : 1st February 2016 at 09:52.
Old 18th May 2016, 13:03   #92
BANNED

I got the car serviced over Sunday-Tuesday. There was some damage on the bumper which took two days as the body shop is closed on Sunday and were short handed on Monday. They ended up doing a partial repaint and save me a tidy packet. Repair cost ₹1000+tax. As I was away it was 13 months plus.

One Query: They wanted to do a stage I service on the AC. I refused. I am thinking of cutting the box and putting in a cabin filter, before thinking about the service. Now what size do I use, and some possible sources.
Attached Thumbnails
Urban Titanium Honda Brio V-AT-scan_20160518_120532.jpg  

Urban Titanium Honda Brio V-AT-invoice.jpg  

Urban Titanium Honda Brio V-AT-body.jpg  

Last edited by sgiitk : 18th May 2016 at 13:05.
Old 2nd June 2016, 11:42   #93
BANNED

Just installed an Altec Cabin filter following the top post in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...e-mobilio.html
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 10:12   #94
BANNED

Replaced the two taillight bulbs with LED units. Earlier I have bought a bulk pack (something like ₹2000 for 20. They were of poor quality and did not work. I could get either the stop or tail part to work, not both.

Now having had one failure and a second on the way, I bought LUYUD from Amazon. These are about 2400 for a pair. Installed them yesterday. Seem to be excellent. The main problem was getting the lights out - quite a job!

I had bought the 'white' bulbs, I am now wondering whether I should have bought the Red 'bulbs' instead.
Old 8th September 2016, 15:06   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Replaced the two taillight bulbs with LED units. Earlier I have bought a bulk pack (something like ₹2000 for 20. They were of poor quality and did not work. I could get either the stop or tail part to work, not both.

Now having had one failure and a second on the way, I bought LUYUD from Amazon. These are about 2400 for a pair. Installed them yesterday. Seem to be excellent. The main problem was getting the lights out - quite a job!

I had bought the 'white' bulbs, I am now wondering whether I should have bought the Red 'bulbs' instead.
Can you please upload pictures of the LED tail light now ? Also the source to purchase from ? Would love to do the same on my Brio. How difficult was it to install the Air Filter ?
Old 8th September 2016, 16:01   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Can you please upload pictures of the LED tail light now ? Also the source to purchase from ? Would love to do the same on my Brio. How difficult was it to install the Air Filter ?
I got them from Amazon.in for about 3,000. http://www.amazon.in/LUYED-Newest-Lu...keywords=luyed

The filter took me no more than five minutes. See the link given. The only point to mind is that you have to feed in the filter carefully trying to stay at the top.
Old 10th September 2016, 00:06   #97
BHPian

Quote:
I got them from Amazon.in for about 3,000. http://www.amazon.in/LUYED-Newest-Lu...keywords=luyed

The filter took me no more than five minutes. See the link given. The only point to mind is that you have to feed in the filter carefully trying to stay at the top.
thanks. can you upload rear with light on pictures please. thank you. where did you order the ac filter from ?
Old 10th September 2016, 09:06   #98
BANNED

Quote:
The lights look normal in daytime (as they should). At night they are much brighter and driving back after dinner we found many people we had overtaken taking keen interest on the rear of the car. I guess it was the brighter tail lights and the LEDs visible from the side. I will see if I can get a decent pic.

Installing the filter was all of five minutes. I got it from Amazon.in. Only catch was that the filter was not going in fully, but then easing it in from the top went through smoothly.
Old 10th September 2016, 18:52   #99
BANNED

@M00M; Here they are. Both have been taken in twilight to show both the environment and the lights. The first will give you an idea about the brightness and appearance.

The second has been taken at an angle and shows you what the LED bulb looks like from outside.
Attached Thumbnails
Urban Titanium Honda Brio V-AT-dsc_0011r.jpg  

Urban Titanium Honda Brio V-AT-dsc_0012r.jpg  

Old 12th September 2016, 00:45   #100
BHPian

Quote:
@M00M; Here they are.
Thank you for the pictures. I will look into ordering these and also look into the Air Filter for the Brio. Which air filter did you buy ? The Honda City one ?

If you see the spy photos of the facelift brio, the car is out soon but looks like Honda has missed the boat by not introducing rear wiper on it.
Old 12th September 2016, 09:37   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you for the pictures. I will look into ordering these and also look into the Air Filter for the Brio. Which air filter did you buy ? The Honda City one ?

If you see the spy photos of the facelift brio, the car is out soon but looks like Honda has missed the boat by not introducing rear wiper on it.
They have a Amaze/Brio/... specific filter as well. I hear City version will also do. In fact I have a Civic filter sitting with me for the big boy (replacement).

I think there is a Brio with a rear wiper available (after I got mine), so it is possible that the Indonesia version may not have this.
Old 14th September 2016, 14:31   #102
BHPian

i dont think the rear wiper is coming to India and that in my opinion is a big NO NO expected from Honda. Will check out the Brio Amaze Filter. Thanks. I got the Amaze handrest fitted into my Brio you might want to look into that for your car as its easy to rest your arm.
Old 14th September 2016, 15:46   #103
BANNED

See the rear window has no surround. It is bare glass. Fixing a wiper to this is tough. On the other had, if you see any evidence of a metallic surround then expect a wiper to become available.
Old 19th December 2016, 15:21   #104
BANNED

Some chap passing along did my left rear bumper in. It was looking pretty bad but after some deft work with a screwdriver it was not that bad. This is the second picture in the post.

So sent it to Honda to be fixed. Total damage just over 4k. They reinstalled the bumper replacing the clips. I also asked for the car to be washed (refused a wax). If I had got the bumper replaced to damages would have been about 9k for the bumper alone. The AC had choked quite badly and was low on charge so asked for a Stage I service at the same time.

The dealership in a way let me down, they forgot to put the booklet back in the car, and left the glove compartment cover dangling. Going by the past record I did not check in detail and found the issues only last night.When their man came then he fixed the cover in a jiffy.
Attached Thumbnails
Urban Titanium Honda Brio V-AT-dsc_0229-copy.jpg  

Urban Titanium Honda Brio V-AT-brio_serv.png  

Last edited by sgiitk : 19th December 2016 at 15:25.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 16:14   #105
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
They have a Amaze/Brio/... specific filter as well. I hear City version will also do. In fact I have a Civic filter sitting with me for the big boy (replacement).
I put my car in for a Stage I service of the aircon. The boss was unhappy. The car was going in following severe rear bumper damage for repainting, etc. When it came back the cooling was good.

However, recently when I looked I found the Cabin Air Filter missing. I could not find the Brio filter on the web (Amazon.in) so as suggested by @noelnelly (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post4153643) ordered the City filter. Fits near perfectly. i had to trim about 3mm off from each of the ends of the side frames. Took a few seconds with a pair of scissors, else the 'box' was not closing.

Last edited by sgiitk : 26th February 2017 at 16:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks