Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2013, 19:40   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. EDIT : First service completed at 5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

I think the real test for the roof is during rainy season 4-5 months from now *fingers crossed*
Don't worry Karthik, it will hold perfectly fine .
Mine still looks the same way after 2 years as it was on the first day of the install .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 23:32   #212
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. EDIT : First service completed at 5000

Quote:
Thanks a lot shashank!
For the blackened headlamps, I won't be going for smoked OEM headlamps. I am instead thinking of buying and fitting this :
- Integrated DRLs
- Better visibility with projector headlamps
- Black theme look taken care of
Its a good, but pricey option. I'd suggest you buy the projectors alone from theretrofitsource.com and then blacked the reflectors when you open the HL for projector installation. You can get the cool demon eyes too if you want to
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 00:05   #213
Team-BHP Support

Aside from the modification updates, It has been around 1000 km since my previous ownership update. The Punto has silently been clocking miles on the trot, and been doing its job effortlessly everyday. The odometer reads close to 6000 km now. There were 2 developments recently :

One was a niggle - it was a mild creaking sound that seemed to originate somewhere near the left front suspension every time I climbed speedbreakers. This problem was occurring in the first 200-300 km of the ownership but then stopped by itself, so I hadn't reported it during the first service. After the first service, it started again (for some weird reason) so I stopped at Prerana motors on the way to office this Tuesday to have it looked at. Satish, the Fiat genius at Prerana dismantled the left suspension unit and found some dust settled in the bushes. Probably the joints had gone dry and started the creaking noise due to the dust friction. After cleaning the connecting units, they put it back and voila, the noise was gone!

They repeated the same cleaning procedure on the right side too, without me telling them to. It was nice to get such elaborate service / troubleshooting without prior booking, and this car in fact occupied one of their service bays for close to 2 hours, but they didn't complain and were in fact enthusiastic in solving my issue even as an ad-hoc visitor. Kudos!

On another note, I hadn't got wheel alignment done properly on the Punto ever, so I headed out to Madhus (owned by BHPian Nikhilb2008) for the wheel alignment and a session of the tyres with the Hunter road force balancer machine. The dead (straight) position of the steering wheel was slightly tilted left by 1 degree, so this was solved during wheel alignment.
In summary, all the car's issues (if you can call them that) are solved comprehensively.

Snaps from Wheel alignment and balancing session at Madhus enterprises:
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0104.jpg

The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0105.jpg

The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0106.jpg

On the modifications front, before I can afford the costly black integrated projector headlamps, I am on the verge of ordering for light smoke tints for the headlamps and taillamps on a trial basis. They cost 8$ and are worth a try for a few days.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-12-x59...f&vxp=mtr#shId

Of course, I will not be compromising on safety in any manner, and any noticeable difference in headlight visibility will see me stripping the films off the headlamps. The EBay seller says that the tint is more one way and doesn't affect light going out of the headlight much, so I'll wait and watch. I'll be doing a DIY headlight/taillight smoke tint application shortly, as soon as the product arrives. Watch this space for more on that soon!

In other news, I managed to procure the black radiator grill for the Punto (spare part of Punto Active). Prerana had stock of the upper grill and offered to place an order for the lower grill but I refused. I called KHT motors who had stock of the lower grill, so I picked that up from there on the same day. I purchased both parts over the counter at both places. While Prerana had no objection to this, KHT initially threw up a racket about not selling spare parts over the counter, and then relented after I warned them about team-bhp *lol*. The upper grill costs 807 bucks and lower grill costs 411 bucks. Here are some pics of the black grill:

The upper grill
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0532.jpg

The lower grill
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0533.jpg

Both the grills opened - they will be on the car tomorrow
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0537.jpg

This (spare part retrofit) is a much better option than painting the grill black or resorting to some such stupid irreversible move. Bolt-on replacement is always my choice wherever possible.

On a funny note, here is what transpired today evening when I carried these 2 parts back home :

Dad : what are those black things?
Me : Punto Radiator grill

Dad : 2 of them?
Me : Yeah both are for our Punto. There are 2 parts of it, one goes on the bumper.

Dad : Oh ok. But what happened? is the car ok?
Me : yeah it is absolutely fine. I'm just changing to this for better looks.

Dad : What is wrong with the current set?
Me : Those are chrome. They are not matching well with the red/black theme. So I got these black ones instead. They just need to be screwed into place instead of the current ones

Dad : Where did you get these?
Me : The lower end variant of Punto comes with these black grills. I bought these as spare parts from Prerana.

Dad : I have heard of people with lower variants fitting features of top-end variants, but this is the first time I am hearing of someone buying the top-end variant and fitting the lower variant's spare parts.
Me : Yeah, can't help. This completes the Red/black Abarth theme better.

Dad : what theme??
Me : never mind. I'll explain some other time.

My next update will be tomorrow, after doing a DIY for retro-fitting the Punto with black grill.

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd February 2013 at 00:31.
KarthikK is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 05:07   #214
BHPian

Hi Karthik, nice to see your thread being updated frequently.

Glad to hear Prerana Motors' attitude towards customers on the sales and service. Even when I took my dad to the showroom to show him the Punto, they were courteous and open to my questions about 2013 model and future launches from Fiat. Even someone from the Pune factory called up asking whether I was offered a test drive or not and said that 2013 models will be available from Feb-end/March onwards and I was like I need to be notified of future launches on the Punto. She was Ok to that. Very pleased with their customer relationship.

Regarding your talk with your dad, it was mind-blowing . My parents would ask me the same thing if I did something like that. Guess that's what one calls Generation Gap.

Waiting to see the outcome of the tints and black grill.

Keep it up Karthik!!!
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 20:31   #215
BHPian

KarthikK, the red rocket is taking shape pretty well as compared to the stock car.

Now, what about those chrome badges at the rear? Know what I'm saying?
Eminenttismo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 22:57   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
....Even someone from the Pune factory called up asking whether I was offered a test drive or not and said that 2013 models will be available from Feb-end/March onwards and I was like I need to be notified of future launches on the Punto...
Any trailers on what's on offer in the 2013 models?

Quote:
...I am on the verge of ordering for light smoke tints for the headlamps and taillamps on a trial basis. They cost 8$ and are worth a try for a few days.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-12-x59...f&vxp=mtr#shId
Don't we have a similar thing offered in the classifieds?

Edit
:: I see that's for the tail lights!

Is this thing getting on the new grill?

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...-Sticker.html/

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd February 2013 at 23:03. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 01:29   #217
Team-BHP Support

What I tried to do (grill replacement) by DIY method at home turned out to be a flop. I didn't have a screw driver of the required size, so I had to actually go to Prerana motors to get the upper grill fitted. Since I was there anyway, I got the lower (bumper) grill done with the tools there. It was partly DIY and partly done by them.

In case this helps anyone who is looking to do the same thing, here are the DIY steps to replace the grills to black variations or vice versa (black to chrome):

For Removing the current grill :

Step 1 : You need to open a portion of the front bumper to be able to loosen and create a gap to release the upper grill. Open the bonnet, take the star shaped screwdriver and remove the 4 securing screws / nuts on the top of the bumper. The 4 screws are shown (black screws) above the grill in the picture below :
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0329.jpg

Step 2 : Once these 4 securing screws are removed from the bumper, you can loosen the bumper enough to create a gap to pass your hand through to reach the centre of the grill. Your next objective is to remove the Fiat badge on the centre of the grill, which is secured there via 2 locating lug slots, and 1 holding screw for the grill itself (which also holds the logo). Slowly loosen the securing screw for the logo by slipping your hand and a spanner through the gap you created through the bumper in step 1. Once this is done, you should now be able to remove and keep the Fiat logo aside. Removing the securing screw means the grill is now secured only through the clamps/clips.

Step 3 : Start at one of the corners of the upper grill, use a non-scratch-causing instrument like a blunt plastic piece and wedge out a corner of the grill to ease out one corner of the clamps. Once this is done, you need to slowly disconnect the multiple clamps which are securing the grill in place; this can be achieved by pushing the grill in the same angle you wedged out the corner when you started. Do this carefully without breaking any clamps. Soon the grill will come out. Main mission accomplished.

Step 4 : The MultiJet badge on the grill is held in place by 2 securing clamps, and the correct position of this badge is the 2nd row, 2nd column from the bottom right extreme of the grill. Reverse the grill, there are 2 plastic clamps which pinch and hold the rear of the grill bars. Pinch and release them, and the MultiJet badge should soon come out separately in your hands.

MultiJet badge at position row 2, column 2 from the bottom right.
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0284.jpg

Step 5 : The lower grill does not have any securing screws. It is just held in place by the multiple clamp arrangement behind the grill. Repeat the same procedure as mentioned in Step 3. Your lower grill should soon be disconnected too.

Fitting your new grill :

Step 6 :
Fit your replacement lower grill first. Insert it at an angle, and keep straightening out while you will hear the clicking sounds when each of those clamps fall into place one by one. Mildly tap/hit from one side to the other and check if any unsecured clamps are leftover, which need to be pushed in.

Step 7 : Locate and install the MultiJet badge on position row 2, column 2 from the bottom right. Installing it is straightforward. Press the badge from the front of the grill. The clamps will click and lock in place on pushing.

Step 8 : Fit the upper grill by the same method used in Step 6. Once the clamps are secured, match the locating lugs in the centre, seat them into place. Then screw-in your Fiat logo, whilst aligning carefully to prevent any crooked position. Once this is over, you are almost done at this point!

A Prerana motors staff member aligning the logo during Step 8
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0108.jpg

Step 9 : Don't forget to put back the front bumper screws that you removed in step 1. Put back the 4 securing screws and tighten as hard as possible. Retain your old grills and put them away in some safe place like an attic or something. You never know when that would come in handy.

After the job, what you should be left with is something like this:
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0109.jpg

I will take proper shots with the DSLR tomorrow. Watch this space for more updates. Tomorrow is going to be a big day for the Red Rocket. What I am going to do tomorrow will change the very way the car looks from the front! Purely an experimental venture. More tomorrow!

Quote:
Even when I took my dad to the showroom to show him the Punto, they were courteous and open to my questions about 2013 model and future launches from Fiat. Even someone from the Pune factory called up asking whether I was offered a test drive or not and said that 2013 models will be available from Feb-end/March onwards and I was like I need to be notified of future launches on the Punto. She was Ok to that. Very pleased with their customer relationship.
Good to know that they are taking proactive steps to keep up interest in the yet-to-be-launched 2013 variant. Let us know if you have any updates / news from them.

Quote:
Regarding your talk with your dad, it was mind-blowing . My parents would ask me the same thing if I did something like that. Guess that's what one calls Generation Gap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminenttismo View Post
KarthikK, the red rocket is taking shape pretty well as compared to the stock car.

Now, what about those chrome badges at the rear? Know what I'm saying?
Abarth logos will be on the anvil next once the red/black theme is completed. The chrome badges, hmmm... I guess they will stay for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Don't we have a similar thing offered in the classifieds?

Edit
:: I see that's for the tail lights!

Is this thing getting on the new grill?

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...-Sticker.html/
Oh no, that is some cheap imitation variation, not the original grill Abarth badge. What I should ideally be looking at is something like this :
http://www.partsworld-uk.com/product...0-x1-735495891
These are the actual OEM Abarth badges, but they cost a bomb. Pity that they don't ship to India though. These are direct replacement fits on the current Fiat badge slots, and would be my choice when I eventually do the swap .

Last edited by KarthikK : 24th February 2013 at 01:44.
KarthikK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 06:01   #218
BHPian

The grill looks nice. Karthik, I believe you must seriously consider becoming a partner in 3M HSR unit considering the amount of "capital" you have been investing into the franchisee . A sleeping partner status would do for now. Sidhu sir will be very happy to have you on board

Last edited by srinath34 : 24th February 2013 at 06:02.
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 07:30   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dad : What is wrong with the current set?
Me : Those are chrome. They are not matching well with the red/black theme.
As dont the wheels. Get a set of dark gray or black wheels (or paint these)
Mpower is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 09:13   #220
BHPian

Quote:
The grill looks nice. Karthik, I believe you must seriously consider becoming a partner in 3M HSR unit considering the amount of "capital" you have been investing into the franchisee . A sleeping partner status would do for now. Sidhu sir will be very happy to have you on board
+1

@ KarthikK Ahhh! Good job mate!

And here is some good news to you, google search for fiat punto red yields your car's images!

http://www.google.co.in/search?q=fiat+punto+red&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=rYspUafk KYisrAev74BY&biw=1366&bih=677&sei=sIspUZykLczyrQfe-IH4Dw
Eminenttismo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 09:32   #221
BHPian

Hi Karthik, I've been a silent reader of your thread all this while. Congratulations on how you have managed to make your hot hatch even hotter by the day!!

After reading 15 pages of your ownership, I finally decided to put in my opinion on a thing that has been bugging me. IMHO, the car would look even classier if you lose the original vinyl stickers. They look a little out of place now and break the clean smooth looks of the Punto. Also they don't match up with the better-looking Abarth stickers visually and the dollops of black on the body tends to overpower the beautiful red colour! You can keep the one on the boot lid as it matches with the Abarth design.

Here is how it should look:

The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-puntoclean.jpg

Again, this is my personal opinion!

Last edited by nileshch : 24th February 2013 at 09:33.
nileshch is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 14:31   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fitting your new grill :

Step 6 :
Fit your replacement lower grill first.

A Prerana motors staff member aligning the logo during Step 8
Attachment 1054965
Sorry, but looks like the upper grill is installed first as I still see the chrome lower grill in place. Was there a mistake in what you wrote or did I miss something?

Quote:
...After the job, what you should be left with is something like this:
Attachment 1054966

I will take proper shots with the DSLR tomorrow...
I am a bit worried seeing the initial pic. Will wait for the "real pic" before I form an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post

Attachment 1054983..
Good work. Such examples & experimentation help a lot before making some modifications!! I liked the second pic; personal opinion again!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 24th February 2013 at 14:32.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 19:30   #223
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Hi Karthik, I've been a silent reader of your thread all this while. Congratulations on how you have managed to make your hot hatch even hotter by the day!!

After reading 15 pages of your ownership, I finally decided to put in my opinion on a thing that has been bugging me. IMHO, the car would look even classier if you lose the original vinyl stickers. They look a little out of place now and break the clean smooth looks of the Punto. Also they don't match up with the better-looking Abarth stickers visually and the dollops of black on the body tends to overpower the beautiful red colour! You can keep the one on the boot lid as it matches with the Abarth design.

Again, this is my personal opinion!
Coincidentally, this was what I was referring to when I (in my yesterday's post) said there was going to be a major transformation in the looks with my 3M visit and work, which happened today. More to come in a few hours. Thanks a lot Nilesh, really appreciate the time taken to display the difference without the decals.

I agree with you completely, the sides were starting to get overloaded with black. The problem is completely fixed now, and I have more to add to the oomph factor. Transformation pics are on the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Sorry, but looks like the upper grill is installed first as I still see the chrome lower grill in place. Was there a mistake in what you wrote or did I miss something?
I guessed someone would notice this glitch and bring out the presence of white grill in step 8, hehe. You have eagle eyes SnF!

You're right - the upper grill was done first in Prerana and then the lower grill. While mentioning the DIY steps, I decided to keep the steps simple by categorizing into 2 parts - Dismantling old grill and Installing new grill. Hence the difference between steps sequence and picture, hehe.

Quote:
I am a bit worried seeing the initial pic. Will wait for the "real pic" before I form an opinion.

Good work. Such examples & experimentation help a lot before making some modifications!! I liked the second pic; personal opinion again!
The car now resembles the Abarth Punto Evo from the front and sides. My pictures are under processing, and I should be posting them in a couple of hours.

It resembles something like this, but not as ugly as this Evo Abarth.
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-fiatpunto_evo_abarth_2011_1600x1200_wallpaper_01.jpg

I have made my own variation of this front with 3M Carbon fibre vinyl creativity *winks*.

Last edited by KarthikK : 24th February 2013 at 19:34.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 21:15   #224
BHPian

Quote:

Coincidentally, this was what I was referring to when I (in my yesterday's post) said there was going to be a major transformation in the looks with my 3M visit and work, which happened today. More to come in a few hours. Thanks a lot Nilesh, really appreciate the time taken to display the difference without the decals.
Coincidently, while you were posting on this thread at 7.30pm, myself and Nilesh were discussing on removal of OEM sticker on your Punto !

Quote:
The car now resembles the Abarth Punto Evo from the front and sides. My pictures are under processing, and I should be posting them in a couple of hours.
So you have removed the OEM stickers. Hope you have retained the back stickers. Waiting for the pics !!!
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 23:28   #225
Team-BHP Support

I was at 3M today morning, for more CF wrap work. I've tried to give it a somewhat Abarth Evo look from the front, by using just CF wraps, but added some design variations of my own. It was done purely on experimental basis, and might change after some months.

Here's a sneak peek, before getting to the nitty-gritties . The gloss is thanks to the detailing work due to my frequent visits to 3M :
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0559.jpg

When I walked in to 3M today, I had two things on my mind -

1. Get rid of abrupt color changes, and reduce the overload of black from the side profile. The OEM decals just had to go, since they obviously looked odd with all the other modifications.

2. Make the front something different from the rest of the Puntos on the road, preferably something resembling the Punto Abarth Evo.

The first part was easy - it was just about ripping the OEM decal off the sides. The sides look cleaner now, correctly mentioned by Nileshch. I have retained the 'Sport' decal at the back though.

The second part had me thinking - what is the best way to ensure a continuous flowing black layout on the front which takes it close to an Abarth Evo? I had CF at my disposal with the 3M guys, but it was the only thing I had. I just replaced my front upper and lower grills to black variants, but there was an upside-down T-shape black layout in the Abarth Evo which I was eyeing (picture in my previous post).

The bumper and grill are shaped differently in the Evo version, so I couldn't copy that 100%. Mine is the Grande Punto version, not the Evo, so no luck there. Then I noticed that the fog lamps and the lower grill are set in the same body line flow, and the upper and lower grill are part of the same 'trapezium' shape layout, with the number plate (red) area in between. The simplest way for me to get an all black single layout at the front was to merge the 2 grill areas by adding CF in between, and then extending the CF wrap area from the fog lamps to join this trapezium in the centre. Enough of me blabbering, over to the pictures now :

A 'Before' picture. Notice the red body flow areas between the grills, and from the fogs to the lower grill which were selected as 'targets'
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0450.jpg

The Carbon fibre wrap work begins to fill the gap area between the upper and lower grills
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0538.jpg

The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0539.jpg

The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0540.jpg

Then the gap area is filled from the fog lamps to the grill trapezoid
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0541.jpg

The OEM decals are stripped, the sticker area was then cleaned and detailed to perfection
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0545.jpg

The view after finishing what I had in mind for them. Looks somewhat like a 'toothless grin'
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0552.jpg

The work done on the centre panel
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0554.jpg

Extending the fog lamp bezels to get integrated into the centre black layout
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0551.jpg

The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0547.jpg

A closer look at the other side
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0555.jpg

Meanwhile, the out-of-place chrome handles got the CF treatment too, while the surrounding OEM decals were being stripped off
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0557.jpg

The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0558.jpg

Lets have some Before / After pictures now :

Left side view (Before) :
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0523.jpg

Left side view (After):
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0546.jpg

Right side view (Before) :
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0524.jpg

Right side view (After) :
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0556.jpg

Front view (Before) :
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0450.jpg
Views:	7860
Size:	839.8 KB
ID:	1055303

Front view (After) :
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0550.jpg

The Punto outside my home, with the elder sibling under the car cover in the background (seen inside the portico)
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0549.jpg

The overall transformation to the car's looks with the filth (OEM decals) removed
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0560.jpg

Before I left the 3M store, as always, a detailed detailing session to provide some extra gloss and sheen *lol*
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0561.jpg

It was a pleasure to meet (by chance) BHPian @speed_kills and see his superbly modified Grey hound Polo 1.6 at 3M. He was there for a wash I believe, and stayed for a while to help with some inputs during the CF application process. Thanks a lot dude!

Super thanks to Sidhu and team at 3M car care. The artistic talent of the CF guy here is seriously impressive too! You simply have to check him out in action if you are getting something done here. Outstanding quality of work and finish!

P.S - next target - headlamp / taillamp smoke tint application, via DIY. The parcel should be here in a month I guess.

Last edited by KarthikK : 24th February 2013 at 23:47.
KarthikK is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks