Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2013, 17:41   #136
BHPian

Guys how do I enable the door auto-lock feature in Asta?
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 22:17   #137
BHPian

re: iGen i20 Sportz CRDi - Ownership report EDIT: Sold after accident!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Unfortunately, you can't. It is factory enabled as a standard feature in Asta (O), though. It is possible to enable it at the Service workshop in all variants of the original 2008 i20.
Virtualaman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 10:11   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtualaman View Post
Unfortunately, you can't. It is factory enabled as a standard feature in Asta (O), though. It is possible to enable it at the Service workshop in all variants of the original 2008 i20.
Oh it is available only in Asta (O) is it? I thought it was a standard feature on all Asta models. Asta (O) is there only for the petrol version right? So only top end petrol owners deserve auto locking doors
Old 17th July 2013, 10:38   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtualaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Oh it is available only in Asta (O) is it? I thought it was a standard feature on all Asta models. Asta (O) is there only for the petrol version right? So only top end petrol owners deserve auto locking doors
I've tried to debate this with the SA at Hyundai, but his answer was rather simple - It's not possible SAAR. I don't understand the logic behind it though. Atleast if not the lower models, the Asta should get the auto door lock function along with the Asta (O). The only difference between the Asta and Asta (O) is the additional air bags and sunroof. What has that got to do with the door auto-locking at a certain speed. Does the auto-lock feature require some additional hardware? I guess not. Same model, same ECU. A simple software/ECU flash should do the trick, no?
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 11:02   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
I've tried to debate this with the SA at Hyundai, but his answer was rather simple - It's not possible SAAR. I don't understand the logic behind it though. Atleast if not the lower models, the Asta should get the auto door lock function along with the Asta (O). The only difference between the Asta and Asta (O) is the additional air bags and sunroof. What has that got to do with the door auto-locking at a certain speed. Does the auto-lock feature require some additional hardware? I guess not. Same model, same ECU. A simple software/ECU flash should do the trick, no?
Yes and in the pre igen models it was possible to "retro fit" the auto lock. This is one feature which I desperately miss in the car. Also only if I manually lock the car, will the boot be locked as well. Glaring and bad miss by Hyundai
Old 17th July 2013, 16:25   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Clearly the message from Hyundai is that, "We only discriminate based on one's fuel preference and their $$$ power!"

Last edited by Virtualaman : 17th July 2013 at 16:31.
Virtualaman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 09:55   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

The Euro version of Hyundai cars are actually far more advanced and focussed on safety, ESP and 6 airbags are standard in their mid-range models and i20 has it too along with real-time fuel consumption and Bluelink Telematics. I also consider rear wiper and washer a very useful feature for hatchbacks. Hyundai could've easily cut a few less used features like electric/heated side mirrors/drl or dual roof lamps and provided these instead in all variants which is useful in India. Hyundai knows how to make great cars, in my view they are far ahead of many European brands, they give 5 year warranty free of cost outside of India and 10 in U.S so quality is an obvious. If they build cars with similar planning for India nothing will stop them.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 13:59   #143
Senior - BHPian

Probably a very very noob question, but just wanted to confirm that at any point of time, only one phone can be paired with the HU? Tried pairing both mine and dad's and did not work. Sounds obvious that you may not be able to pair more than one phone, but wanted to confirm
Old 25th July 2013, 09:15   #144
Senior - BHPian

Does driving in the turbo band give better mileage or up shifting at the earliest available opportunity (without lugging of course) give better mileage? Wanted to understand this aspect as both the bands are not mutually inclusive
Old 25th July 2013, 09:54   #145
BHPian

Hi Arvind, my experimental observations (from 2 tankfuls with different driving behaviour) gave me the following observation.

1. 1 full tank to empty: driven in turbo band and with no lugging (mileage max: 20 kmpl)
2. Full tank to empty: driven with early upshifts and sometimes crawling in second gear: Mileage max: 18.0 kmpl

This proved to me that turbo band definitely improves mileage.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 09:59   #146
Senior - BHPian

Arvind

Just wanted to know your feedback on the variant. Do you sorely miss any particular feature in the Asta variant which is not there in the Sportz variant? I was contemplating between the two variants and thought that except the 'Rear washer & wiper', I did not find anything else that I would crib for later on.

Also, has the engine opened up now? Is the turbo lag still there and is it as painful as its usually described?

Lastly, how is it driving the beauty on the pot-hole ridden, rain-affected roads? Does the suspension set-up make it too wobbly for the passengers on the rear seat?

Sorry for the flurry of questions.

Cheers!
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 10:22   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Hi Arvind, my experimental observations (from 2 tankfuls with different driving behaviour) gave me the following observation.

1. 1 full tank to empty: driven in turbo band and with no lugging (mileage max: 20 kmpl)
2. Full tank to empty: driven with early upshifts and sometimes crawling in second gear: Mileage max: 18.0 kmpl

This proved to me that turbo band definitely improves mileage.
Thanks for the quick response. Will check it myself too but I don't know if I have the will to not be in the turbo band for one whole tank full. I get an average mileage of around 15 in the city right now. But the last 2 tank fulls have been bad with crawling b2b traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Arvind

Just wanted to know your feedback on the variant. Do you sorely miss any particular feature in the Asta variant which is not there in the Sportz variant? I was contemplating between the two variants and thought that except the 'Rear washer & wiper', I did not find anything else that I would crib for later on.
Exactly. Apart from the rear wash and wipe, and a possible regret in missing out on the passenger airbag, I don't think there is anything that you will miss between the variants. Especially now in rains, it becomes painful to be without the rear was wipe. The rear defogger helps to an extent though

Hold on - The auto lock feature, I miss that a lot!!! Not that I would chose one variant over the other for this one feature, but this is one feature which is extremely useful and Hyundai should have included this in other variants as well. Bad miss

Quote:
Also, has the engine opened up now? Is the turbo lag still there and is it as painful as its usually described?
Turbo lag is still there. In b2b traffic, 1st gear is a must. I don't think the lag will ever go off. I have kind of gotten used to the lag now and up shift to be in the turbo band. Once in turbo though, it is a rocket

Quote:
Lastly, how is it driving the beauty on the pot-hole ridden, rain-affected roads? Does the suspension set-up make it too wobbly for the passengers on the rear seat?
My daily route does not have a lot of pot holes but it takes potholes well to an extent. Never been in the back seat so cannot comment on the comfort from there. Major grouse though is if you go too fast over a pothole or breaker, there is a huge "thud" sound which comes from the front suspension. First time, I thought the suspension broke. Its that bad . So always better to go slowly over potholes.

Also, if there are undulations on the road, the car becomes a boat if you go above 80-100. You get a flying feeling for free.

Quote:
Sorry for the flurry of questions.

Cheers!
No problem mate. Glad to help
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 10:25   #148
BHPian

Arvind the 2 experiments i did are not a professional level one as we know, road conditiions being the variable. But however, the car was driven by me since i was adapting to the turbo on this car. Its very wierd to say the least, atleast in my car. When the boost kicks, my car sort of wags its rear. Thats why in order to smoothen it out, i used to shift early. However, it seems the "wagging" is normal and therefore, i started shifting late and did notice 1.5kmpl to 2kmpl difference.

P.S: you should try it.On an unrelated note, Figo is certainly a drivers car and gives feedback in every possible way. I can feel the road through the steering(or my steering is vibrating like hell).

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 25th July 2013 at 10:27.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 10:40   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Arvind the 2 experiments i did are not a professional level one as we know, road conditiions being the variable. But however, the car was driven by me since i was adapting to the turbo on this car. Its very wierd to say the least, atleast in my car. When the boost kicks, my car sort of wags its rear. Thats why in order to smoothen it out, i used to shift early. However, it seems the "wagging" is normal and therefore, i started shifting late and did notice 1.5kmpl to 2kmpl difference.

P.S: you should try it.On an unrelated note, Figo is certainly a drivers car and gives feedback in every possible way. I can feel the road through the steering(or my steering is vibrating like hell).
Yes, the figo is certainly a driver's car my brother has one and it handles like its on rails. He has the petrol one though and it is underpowered and the car can handle so much more BHP . Let me see if I can replicate the turbo experiment
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 15:46   #150
BHPian

Hi All,

My friend has an i20 CRDI which has done about 30000 kms. The car's engine seems to be very rough and there is also a kind of drumming sound heard when the turbo turns on. What could be the issue? There is no drop in power and the acceleration is good. But the initial surge that used to be present is no longer felt.

I drove the car and this is my inference.

Thanks in advance.
Maxwell Arthur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks