Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2013, 17:42   #121
BHPian

re: iGen i20 Sportz CRDi - Ownership report EDIT: Sold after accident!

Thanks Arvind. I learned that engine would not cut off even if the key is moved outside the hard way. I used Hyundai's pickup facility to give for first service and gave the car to the service team while it was running. The car was making a chime sound when he closed the door, but I didn't give importance to it. While I was walking towards my office suddenly I realised that key is still in my pocket. So I called the guy who picked up my car, unfortunately he had switched the engine off to deliver the service bill for another customer. I told him to stay near the car and walked to him to give the key as car cannot be locked without the key. I liked one feature though; car would not lock if the key is inside the vehicle.

I have some doubts about the second service. How much does it cost? Since the spare wheel is not an alloy will they include that in tyre rotation? The manual says that diesel fuel filter should be inspected at 10,000 Kms (replacement if necessary), but service team at MGF Cochin told to me that it would be replaced regardless of the status (else it would void the engine warranty).
baludharmarajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 13:59   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baludharmarajan View Post
I have some doubts about the second service. How much does it cost? Since the spare wheel is not an alloy will they include that in tyre rotation? The manual says that diesel fuel filter should be inspected at 10,000 Kms (replacement if necessary), but service team at MGF Cochin told to me that it would be replaced regardless of the status (else it would void the engine warranty).
My car has run only for 6000 kms so am not aware of the costs associated with second service . Regarding tyre rotation, my personal opinion would be to rotate only the 4 tyres and keep the spare tyre as such as it is a non alloy wheel and it would look awkward on the car.

I am not sure why they say it would void the warranty if the booklet says "replace if necessary". Will probably check with the SA here and let you know when I drop in there. Having said that though, whats the cost of a fuel filter? That will probably help in deciding the course of action better
Old 14th June 2013, 14:34   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Regarding tyre rotation, my personal opinion would be to rotate only the 4 tyres and keep the spare tyre as such as it is a non alloy wheel and it would look awkward on the car.
I thought of removing the tyre from the steel rim, putting it on the alloy wheel and vice versa. I don't know the benefits of including 5 tyres in rotation but my friends told it generally done like that.
Quote:
I am not sure why they say it would void the warranty if the booklet says "replace if necessary". Will probably check with the SA here and let you know when I drop in there. Having said that though, whats the cost of a fuel filter? That will probably help in deciding the course of action better
Even I don't know why they are saying like that, but didn't argue with them as I would be giving to second service in the same service center. I am a little paranoid whether they would mess up anything in car if I get into a heated discussion. According to my knowledge fuel filter for diesel comes to 1900, but not quite sure.
baludharmarajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 19:27   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought of removing the tyre from the steel rim, putting it on the alloy wheel and vice versa. I don't know the benefits of including 5 tyres in rotation but my friends told it generally done like that.
One of the benefits of using 5 tyres would be increase in life of the tyres as each tyre would get used less than when we use only 4 tyres. Dont know if it is worth going the trouble of removing the tyre from the steel rim etc. Personally I would use the spare as a spare and when replacing the tyres, buy only 4 new ones.

Quote:
Even I don't know why they are saying like that, but didn't argue with them as I would be giving to second service in the same service center. I am a little paranoid whether they would mess up anything in car if I get into a heated discussion. According to my knowledge fuel filter for diesel comes to 1900, but not quite sure.
All right. Will check with the SA if and when I drop in the service center. Pity that in the name of "voiding warranty" the SAs resort to terrorizing the car owners
Old 14th June 2013, 22:15   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since the spare wheel is not an alloy will they include that in tyre rotation?
The spare wheel won't be included in the tyre rotation. My spare wheel has run only 8 km out of 52000 km. I used it only once when one of the tyre got punctured.

Quote:
The manual says that diesel fuel filter should be inspected at 10,000 Kms (replacement if necessary), but service team at MGF Cochin told to me that it would be replaced regardless of the status (else it would void the engine warranty).
The fuel filter was replaced in my car during second service. My SA didn't threaten me with "warranty void" dialogues but he advised me to get it replaced.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 11:47   #126
Senior - BHPian

Latest mileage figures with tank to tank test puts it at around the 17.5km/l mark with a combination of city and highway driving (tiruvannamalai and back). The vehicle is chugging along nicely.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 14:06   #127
Senior - BHPian

The auto wiper feature of the car was tested a couple of days back and it really worked well. The car went through a distance of about 10 kms in all forms of rain (pelting, cats and dogs, drizzle, light rain etc) and it adjusted its speed perfectly to be in tune to the frequency of rain falling on the windshield. All you have to do is to select the auto feature and select the level of water detection on which the wipers will be activated. Its on a scale of 1 to 4 and I found that the 2nd setting worked perfectly well for me. The 3rd and 4th (esp 4th) were too sensitive and even a couple of drops on the windshield led to one sweep, which was not what I wanted.

The only fly in the ointment is that I dont like to keep the auto wiper feature always on as each time the car is switched on it does a single sweep across the windshield, which I feel will be detrimental to the winsdshield in the long run.

In other news, the car has again gone for an out station trip to Bangalore and by the time it comes back, it would have run almost 8000 kms in about 4.5 months of ownership. For now, worth getting the diesel variant
Old 15th July 2013, 07:22   #128
Senior - BHPian

Couple of things which I noticed:

1. When a call is going on and the vehicle is switched off the audio system continues to be on. The hu can be switched off Only when the call is cut!!!

2. After the car has been switched off, the power windows can be rolled up. This feature works till the door is closed. During the roll up when I opened the door it stopped. Cross checked again and saw the same behaviour. Did not investigate the time interval till when the roll up is allowed though

Car has crossed 8000 km and touch wood things are going fine. The DRLs continue to confuse some people who want me to switch off the light during the day
Old 15th July 2013, 10:34   #129
BHPian

Nice to hear the car is doing its duties faithfully. i20 does have some nice nifty features that i wish was implemented with the figo.

p.s: quite a coincidence that both you and karthik updated your reviews at nearly the same time frame.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 10:37   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Nice to hear the car is doing its duties faithfully. i20 does have some nice nifty features that i wish was implemented with the figo.

p.s: quite a coincidence that both you and karthik updated your reviews at nearly the same time frame.
I think the first feature (blue tooth connectivity) is available in the Figo as well. Please check and verify that
Old 15th July 2013, 10:39   #131
BHPian

Quote:
I think the first feature (blue tooth connectivity) is available in the Figo as well. Please check and verify that
Do you mean the call thing? I will do it today if possible. I will need the help of a friend or family, but lets see :P.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 10:43   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Do you mean the call thing? I will do it today if possible. I will need the help of a friend or family, but lets see :P.
Yes the call thing. I discovered it accidentally myself. You can call someone too to find out
Old 16th July 2013, 08:34   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
DRLs continue to confuse some people who want me to switch off the light during the day
Just a doubt, so the DRL's cannot be switched off manually? I thought there'd be a switch for it inside. Also according to the Team-BHP review there is a parking proximity sensor display in the MID, but I didn't see it when I test drove it. Do you have such an option?
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 09:12   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Just a doubt, so the DRL's cannot be switched off manually? I thought there'd be a switch for it inside. Also according to the Team-BHP review there is a parking proximity sensor display in the MID, but I didn't see it when I test drove it. Do you have such an option?
Yes the DRLs cannot be switched off manually. The only way to switch them off is to turn on the headlamps or fog lamps. Regarding the proximity sensor, it is definitely not available in the Sportz variant. Might be available in the Asta variant though as I do remember seeing two MIDs in the Asta variant in the pictures posted in the official review.

My test drive was also a sportz variant so am not able to confirm myself. There is a video feed in the sportz variant though
Old 16th July 2013, 17:32   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Couple of things which I noticed:

2. After the car has been switched off, the power windows can be rolled up. This feature works till the door is closed. During the roll up when I opened the door it stopped. Cross checked again and saw the same behaviour. Did not investigate the time interval till when the roll up is allowed though

)
There is a 30 second timer which keep the current flowing . It's a nice feature and I generally roll up windows in that time duration without inserting the key.
However if the door is opened within those 30 seconds , the timer stops and so does the electric supply.
Faramir is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks