Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2014, 14:15   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: iGen i20 Sportz CRDi - Ownership report EDIT: Sold after accident!

The A/C flow adjustment plastic regulator came off in my hand yesterday when I was adjusting the flow direction. When my dad went to inquire at the service center, they quoted a cost of 3500 Rs. stating that the entire piece has to be changed. Atrocious pricing to say the least.

When pressed for warranty they said they will shoot a mail to their office and if they agree, it will be replaced under warranty. Else, we will have to bear the cost. Hyundai logo costs 1100, ORVM assembly costs around 5000 and now this. Hopefully it is covered under warranty. Will update soon
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 14:50   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
The A/C flow adjustment plastic regulator came off in my hand yesterday when I was adjusting the flow direction. When my dad went to inquire at the service center, they quoted a cost of 3500 Rs. stating that the entire piece has to be changed. Atrocious pricing to say the least.

When pressed for warranty they said they will shoot a mail to their office and if they agree, it will be replaced under warranty. Else, we will have to bear the cost.
It is covered under warranty. I have changed it thrice under warranty, to be more precise under extended warranty period. The dealer is just trying to take you for a ride. That part is very delicate and comes off very easily.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 10th March 2014 at 14:52.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 15:49   #183
BHPian

Guys once the fuel indicator just turns on, how many litres of fuel would be there in tank. i believe tank capacity is 45 litres.
pratap.pratu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 10:38   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratap.pratu View Post
Guys once the fuel indicator just turns on, how many litres of fuel would be there in tank. i believe tank capacity is 45 litres.
Long time back I believe I have driven close to 90 kms on the highway after the low fuel indicator came on. Reached a bunk without any issues by that time. At a mileage of 20km/l, I am guessing about 4 to 5 litres of fuel should be remaining once low fuel is indicated. Also I notice on the asta diesel digital fuel indicator each bar except the topmost and bottom one corresponds approx to 60 km of distance on the highway. Once the bunk dispenser cuts off automatically at full tank, it can take in another cool 10 to 11 litres of diesel. It was unbelievable for me (and also for the pump attendant) when I discovered that!

Last edited by alphahere : 7th June 2015 at 10:41.
alphahere is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 14:09   #185
Senior - BHPian

Long due update but here goes.

Around December of last year the car was involved in an accident when on the way back from Yercaud after crossing the Thoppur ghat section. My dad was driving and he overtook a bus from the left side and when he had almost completed his manoevure, the bus accelerated and hit his rear right.

The car went out of control, banged the divider, ran over it and landed on the opposite lane. Thankfully there were no other vehicles coming from the other side. Also, my parents were belted up, which resulted in them coming out of the accident without even a scratch. They were quite shaken up though.

The car has been written off and we have sold it and bought a second hand SX4 ZDi. The car is now doing the duties now. My dad especially, misses the i20 though as he was very attached to it. So guess, there will not be any more updates to this thread here. Just remembered about this thread and thought after almost a year, a good time to update.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks