Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2013, 10:09   #106
BHPian

Re: Honda CR-V : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
If you are comfortable with petrol go for the Outlander. Prices have started dropping rapidly & will fall further nearer to march.
Di you manage to get the engine of the Grand Vitara repaired & how much was the cost damage?
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion. I managed to get a used engine imported from Thailand and got it fully refurbished and fitted onto my Grand Vitara and the engine has come out very nice. The total cost of engine, import and refurbishment was Rs. 1.2 Lakhs.
patil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 11:08   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion. I managed to get a used engine imported from Thailand and got it fully refurbished and fitted onto my Grand Vitara and the engine has come out very nice. The total cost of engine, import and refurbishment was Rs. 1.2 Lakhs.
Now that is very interesting. Were there any hassles in the import or did you use some agent?

This news creates, in my mind, another reason to go in for a well discounted Jap/Korean SUV as rebuilding a Maruti 800 engine block itself would have set one back by around 20-30K.
Old 6th December 2013, 15:01   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Now that is very interesting. Were there any hassles in the import or did you use some agent?

This news creates, in my mind, another reason to go in for a well discounted Jap/Korean SUV as rebuilding a Maruti 800 engine block itself would have set one back by around 20-30K.
There is one good friend of mine in Pune who has a good garage and he did everything for me and did not charge me any profit apart from the normal charges.
Old 20th January 2014, 08:02   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda’s first diesel SUV arrives, yet to be launched here.

Honda’s CR-V diesel is available in DTi-S and DTi-L specification and arrives more than a year after the launch of the fourth-generation petrol model.
The range kicks off with the DTi-S in six-speed manual.

Quote:
Honda is differentiating the diesel from its petrol-powered siblings with subtle styling changes including restyled headlights with daytime running lights and a matte grey grille, while there is a slightly different design to the tail-lights.

The cabin also features minor changes, such as new trims and materials, chrome and black plastic replacing the wood grain of the petrol variants and different leather trim in DTi-L spec.

Staying inside the cabin, the standard features list for the DTi-S includes LED daytime running lights, cruise control with speed limiter, rear parking sensors, reversing camera, rain-sensing wipers, hands-free Bluetooth phone and audio, dual-zone climate control, leather wrapped steering wheel, sat-nav, an auto dimming rear-view mirror and 17-inch alloy wheels.

The diesel variants are sourced from Swindon in the United Kingdom and are powered by a 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine with a choice of six-peed manual or five-speed automatic transmission. The blown oil-burner produces 110kW of power at 4000rpm and 350Nm between 2000 and 2750rpm.

Safety wise, the CR-V diesel gets the same five-star ANCAP crash rating as the petrol version, six airbags, an emergency stop signal, ABS, Electronic Brake-force Distribution, a whiplash-mitigating seat design and Trailer Stability Assist system.
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...E#!prettyPhoto

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th January 2014 at 08:05.
Old 20th January 2014, 08:53   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda’s first diesel SUV arrives, yet to be launched here.
Honda’s CR-V diesel is available in DTi-S and DTi-L specification and arrives more than a year after the launch of the fourth-generation petrol model.
The range kicks off with the DTi-S in six-speed manual.
What you mean by first diesel SUV arrives? The article talks about diesel CRV launch in Australia, but it is already on sale in markets like the UK.
Old 19th October 2014, 15:20   #111
BHPian

Hi All

Took delivery of my new 2.4L carnelian red CRV today. Will be posting a review thread shortly.

Thanks
Kartik
Old 19th October 2014, 17:36   #112
BHPian

Congratulations. I was very close to buying the CRV when it was launched but the petrol only option and the fact that it was lacking in low end torque and the NVH levels at highway speed forced me to look for an alternative. But I feel that the CRV is a perfect urban car if one can live with the petrol heart. Congratulations once again. Will await your review which I think will be first on the forum. Have fun.
Old 1st February 2015, 15:40   #113

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT:

Dear BHPian,

There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th February 2015 at 12:32.
Old 26th February 2015, 12:57   #114
Senior - BHPian

Honda equips the CR-V with more features

The 2.0L AT and 2.4L variants now feature a new infotainment system with a 17.7 cm (7") advanced touchscreen with HDMI video compatibility, voice recognition, Bluetooth for telephone and speed volume compensation. The driver will also get a better reverse display in the form of a new multi angle view with dynamic guidelines with audible warnings. Minor changes to interiors will also include chrome inside door handles and a tonneau cover.

In addition to the above, the 2.4L variant will also be equipped with an auto dimming mirror, engine start/stop button, keyless entry as well as keyless lock button on the tailgate. The exterior of this variant will sport a tail pipe finisher too.

Link to news article
S2!!! is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 22:12   #115
BHPian

Re: Honda equips the CR-V with more features

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The 2.0L AT and 2.4L variants now feature a new infotainment system with a 17.7 cm (7") advanced touchscreen with HDMI video compatibility, voice recognition, Bluetooth for telephone and speed volume compensation. The driver will also get a better reverse display in the form of a new multi angle view with dynamic guidelines with audible warnings. Minor changes to interiors will also include chrome inside door handles and a tonneau cover.

In addition to the above, the 2.4L variant will also be equipped with an auto dimming mirror, engine start/stop button, keyless entry as well as keyless lock button on the tailgate. The exterior of this variant will sport a tail pipe finisher too.

Link to news article
Do they have HONDA CR-V for TD in most showrooms? Asking since I have never seen one readily available in Hyderabad Honda showroom, that I visited.

Also, any news on when the Honda CR-V 1.6L diesel variant is going to be introduced for the Indian customers? Read UK reviews and looks pretty impressive.
Old 5th June 2015, 13:00   #116
Senior - BHPian

I have actually been waiting for the 9-speed gearbox to come in the CRV. I hope it wasnt just a rumour. If anything has to be changed it has to be gearbox.
Old 20th June 2015, 17:02   #117
BHPian

I am also waiting for the facelift. Does anybody know possibility of new CRV facelift planned for 2015?
Old 11th July 2015, 05:23   #118
BHPian

Guys, I am now a owner of CR-V. I am currently in the US and its just been a week since I have been driving it. I am observing an issue with it. Its an EX-L CVT model with AWD. The problem is when I cruise around 40 miles per hr and if I slow down and try to push it up again I feel that engine is struggling to push the car for some few seconds (I also hear some slight vibration that you hear when you slow down a a manual transmission car at higher gear (for example if you slow down to 20 kmph keeping it at 4th gear, you can feel that engine starts stuttering). The problem is not too dominant but happens most of the times when I had to slow down in slow moving traffic. The same problem doesn't appear if I start from 0. I wonder if anyone has seen this issue in the newer model ?

In other words, the engine is sluggish at slower speeds when I come down from higher speeds. This happens only in "D" mode. The "S" (sports) mode is simply awesome!

If this is not the forum to post such questions, I request you to route me to the right forum. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by dilsoft : 11th July 2015 at 05:25.
Old 11th July 2015, 07:49   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like CVT is sensing no need for acceleration and power so slipping into highest gearing ratio when you are cruising or slowing down. When you are accelerating after this it is taking time to shift ratios. That is why the "judder" from engine or drive train. Observe the engine rpm when this happens.
Whether this is a problem or not get your service station to look at it at next visit.
Old 14th July 2015, 23:36   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Looks like CVT is sensing no need for acceleration and power so slipping into highest gearing ratio when you are cruising or slowing down. When you are accelerating after this it is taking time to shift ratios. That is why the "judder" from engine or drive train. Observe the engine rpm when this happens.
Whether this is a problem or not get your service station to look at it at next visit.
Thanks bro. I think yes that is what happening. Its bit frustrating. Now i could see more shuddering vibrations while I am between 15-20 mph. I need to check this with the dealer. New car with problems, not good!

Most Viewed