Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/134501-review-1st-gen-honda-amaze-2013-a-185.html)

Quick update : Got the Goodyears replaced with Yokohama Earth 1s. Upsized to 185/65/14, the real test will be this Friday when we head towards the Western Ghats.
Cheers

My Amaze has been returning an FE of 5-9kmpl and it does not seem to be changing :Shockked:. Car was serviced 6k kms back. What should I do? Planning a long road trip and this FE is making me reconsider.

Hello, Team members
I own a 2014 Amaze Diesel S. Has anyone here faced the issue of a failed clutch slave or master cylinder?
I faced this issue last year while on a trip outisde NCR & at that time I couldn't shift my gears from 1st to 2nd. In this scenario we have to wait & slot gear when rpm is near idle then it gets slotted in gear. It really becomes a headache in crawling traffic.
Also, I would love to hear from anyone who has changed his Clutch plate in Diesel models. I think they are a bit on the expensive side as HASS quote anywhere from 14.5-20k same goes for diesel City models.
I just got my 70k serivce done last month. Now need to address the clutch issue & at the same time thinking for changing the transmission oil too. If anyone can suggest any good Honda specific tranny oil?
Your feedback on this would be highly appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT Racer (Post 4893157)
I faced this issue last year while on a trip outside NCR & at that time I couldn't shift my gears from 1st to 2nd.

I am facing this issue too, in all gears. I recently changed the gear oil(80W-90 aftermarket). The gear shifting has became hard after the oil change. Sorry, but I don't remember the brand name.

Quote:

Also, I would love to hear from anyone who has changed his Clutch plate in Diesel models. I think they are a bit on the expensive side as HASS quote anywhere from 14.5-20k same goes for diesel City models.

I am planning to change the Clutch and pressure plate next month. I enquired about the same in local spare parts market, but didn't found any. Nobody has a clutch plate for Amaze.

On boodmo the price of Genuine Clutch plate is Rs. 4184 and for Pressure plate it is Rs. 2683. Cost of release bearing is Rs. 1306. Also, the Exedy clutch kit(clutch+pressure plate) is costing around Rs. 4500.

Quote:

Now need to address the clutch issue & at the same time thinking for changing the transmission oil too. If anyone can suggest any good Honda specific tranny oil?

After lots of research of my own and consultation from various mechanics I found out that the Honda's transmission works best with Honda Genuine Transmission Oil. Honda doesn't use 80W-90 or 75W-80 or any other grade of oil for their transmission. Unlike other car brands their oil is developed in-house and has some sulphur/phosphorus additives in it. The transmission oil which they use is very much similar to the 5W-30 engine oil. Honda's owner manual also suggest that in owner can put 5W-30 motor oil in transmission as a temporary measure. So stick with Genuine Honda when it come to transmission oil. It may be costlier but can easily last up to 40 thousand KM.

As we all know, the rear suspension of the Amaze is bouncy and is quite uncomfortable for the people sitting at the back. After a lot of contemplating and going through multiple threads, decided to get the struts and shocks changed. The car has run 55k kms and the rear struts were in a bad shape.
Also added some rubber spacers which have increased the height of the car and made an immense difference to the ride and handling of the car. The total cost of the replacement of all the parts (Struts, Shocks, Spacers and Brake pads with discs) came up to a hefty 15k.

Attaching before and after pictures:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 (Post 4897187)
The total cost of the replacement of all the parts (Struts, Shocks, Spacers and Brake pads with discs) came up to a hefty 15k.

What brand of shock absorbers did you put? How is the ride quality now? Please share the cost of items :) individually.

I'm not sure about the brand, I guess they are OEM ones.
I'm attaching a picture of the bill, hope it helps :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawank (Post 4897153)
I am facing this issue too, in all gears. I recently changed the gear oil(80W-90 aftermarket). The gear shifting has became hard after the oil change. Sorry, but I don't remember the brand name.

I am planning to change the Clutch and pressure plate next month. I enquired about the same in local spare parts market, but didn't found any. Nobody has a clutch plate for Amaze.

On boodmo the price of Genuine Clutch plate is Rs. 4184 and for Pressure plate it is Rs. 2683. Cost of release bearing is Rs. 1306. Also, the Exedy clutch kit(clutch+pressure plate) is costing around Rs. 4500.

After lots of research of my own and consultation from various mechanics I found out that the Honda's transmission works best with Honda Genuine Transmission Oil. Honda doesn't use 80W-90 or 75W-80 or any other grade of oil for their transmission. Unlike other car brands their oil is developed in-house and has some sulphur/phosphorus additives in it. The transmission oil which they use is very much similar to the 5W-30 engine oil. Honda's owner manual also suggest that in owner can put 5W-30 motor oil in transmission as a temporary measure. So stick with Genuine Honda when it come to transmission oil. It may be costlier but can easily last up to 40 thousand KM.

Just changed the Hydraulic Slave cylinder for the clutch today after it things are smooth. I will be getting my clutch replaced at around 80k the car has done 75k till now.

The faults I have came across in Hondas with hydraulic clutchs are as follows:

1) if the clutch pedal has no pressure & totally fallen into the footwell - faulty master cylinder

2) if gear are slotting perfectly when engine is off without engaging the clutch but give resistance while the engine is on & you do the same while pressing clutch - faulty Slave cylinder or better check for any dirt or containment in the reservoir first then replace the cylinder.

3) if corresponding RPM increase doesn't result in increasing speed or Clutch pedal play is lesser - normal clutch wear time to plan replacement soon.

4) if gear are slotting hard even when engine is off or does show resistance after the components are warm enough - time to plan a transmission oil replacement can also be a wearing clutch plate too.

I was able to source genuine Honda parts from a local spare parts shop, they also have the Honda labelled transmission oil will get it after Diwali as by that time my ride will cross the 80k mark. Then I will be able to comment on that. While my mechanic disagrees with me & said that he has added Castrol 80w-90 in many hondas & no issues are seen in them. I am sure a good mechanic will be able to diagnose the issue you are getting

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT Racer (Post 4902233)
4) if gear are slotting hard even when engine is off or does show resistance after the components are warm enough - time to plan a transmission oil replacement can also be a wearing clutch plate too.

Thanks for sharing. I completely agree with you on all points. I am currently facing the issue mentioned in the fourth point, I too think that it is either because of the worn out clutch or wrong transmission oil.

Quote:

I was able to source genuine Honda parts from a local spare parts shop, they also have the Honda labelled transmission oil will get it after Diwali as by that time my ride will cross the 80k mark.
Honda genuine parts are easy to find in big cities, unlike in my city Amravati.
Happy to know that you found Honda Genuine transmission oil. I am searching this from the last one month but didn't found any, not even on boodmo. Please do share its price and pictures after purchase.please:

Quote:

While my mechanic disagrees with me & said that he has added Castrol 80w-90 in many hondas & no issues are seen in them. I am sure a good mechanic will be able to diagnose the issue you are getting.
Majority of the local mechanics are not aware about the grade of the oil used by honda. They think that is that 80w-90 is universal and can be put in any transmission. My mechanic who earlier worked at Honda ASS says that Honda's transimmison oil is different from the aftermarket ones, but even he doesn't know which grade oil is use by Honda.

Hey,
I own a 2014 Honda Amaze VX AT. Ever since I've got the car, I've heard this weird "chiss-chiss" type noise while accelerating. I've also heard this noise on Civic AT. Anybody know what this sound is?
Thanks

Dear All,

Driving a 2014 Amaze Diesel, around 72K on the ODO.

Ride quality has gone bumpy, Honda service centre suggests replacement of all the shock absorbers and I agree.

However, I don't find them too reliable either on their judgement or the estimate.

Would any of us have recommendations on a reliable service centre/garage in Gurgaon?

Front struts of my Honda Amaze 2013 gave up in just 15 thousand kilometers, it was from Gabriel Brand. The oil is leaking from one of the struts. The mechanic says that this happened because of the bad road conditions. But I don't agree, the suspensions which are being sold in India market are calibrated for Indian road conditions and should last at least 40 thousand kilometers. Do anyone have experience with Monroe shocks??

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawank (Post 4902284)
They think that is that 80w-90 is universal and can be put in any transmission. My mechanic who earlier worked at Honda ASS says that Honda's transimmison oil is different from the aftermarket ones, but even he doesn't know which grade oil is use by Honda.

Didn’t quite follow but torque converter or cvt? Honda and other cars will have different oil specifications for these

Quote:

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 4982549)
Didn’t quite follow but torque converter or cvt? Honda and other cars will have different oil specifications for these

Honda Amaze diesel manual. I am talking about the aftermarket workshops, they generally use 80w-90 in all manual transmissions be it a Honda, Maruti, Hyundai or etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjayant (Post 4964535)

However, I don't find them too reliable either on their judgement or the estimate.

How much are they asking?