Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2013, 20:11   #31
BHPian

Re: My Urban SUV: Ford EcoSport Titanium TDCi - Moondust Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
Indeed it is way too inadequate. I will have to reach out to someone in Ford and see whether it can be upgraded. Please try to get some more information from your service center if possible and keep us updated.
xuv2390,
AVK Ford in Mumbai, had projectors along with bi-xenon headlamps as accessories available for the vehicle. Call up your SA and ask him about the same. I don't have a picture of the display vehicle that was sporting projectors, but it sure did look quite good.
Old 30th July 2013, 05:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
xuv2390,
AVK Ford in Mumbai, had projectors along with bi-xenon headlamps as accessories available for the vehicle. Call up your SA and ask him about the same. I don't have a picture of the display vehicle that was sporting projectors, but it sure did look quite good.
Dear DeKay,
Thank you for the input.
I am looking forward to upgrade my ecosport's headlight ,could you please help me with the contact of the person in charge for projectors at AVK Ford and by any chance do you know the price of these head lamps?.Also i am attaching a picture of DRLs without the projector I saw in china,can anyone tell us where to procure these from?
Attached Thumbnails
My Urban SUV: Ford EcoSport Titanium TDCi - Moondust Silver-42.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 30th July 2013 at 05:17.
Old 30th July 2013, 06:20   #33
BHPian

Congratulations on your new Ford Ecosport. The SUV looks awesome in this shade.

How is the rear leg room space?
joe1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 10:22   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Dear DeKay,
Thank you for the input.
I am looking forward to upgrade my ecosport's headlight ,could you please help me with the contact of the person in charge for projectors at AVK Ford and by any chance do you know the price of these head lamps?.Also i am attaching a picture of DRLs without the projector I saw in china,can anyone tell us where to procure these from?
From what I remember, the price of the Projectors was around 20-25k. As per the contact person in charge of accessories, I do not know anyone from AVK except my SA. So, I would suggest you to call the showroom and I'm sure they will help you out. Just look for the number from Justdial. (I do not have their contact details on my person at the moment.)

As far as the DRLs are concerned, Ford India might be saving them for a facelift. Currently, I do not think you'll be able to source them from inside India.

PS - I have sent you the cell phone number of my SA through a PM.

Last edited by DeKay : 30th July 2013 at 10:24.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 14:32   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
Some additional pictures since there is a limit of
My key placed in a leather key chain purchased from a local shop
Attachment 1117372
The Ecosport key/locking system is supposed to be different. How so?
Old 30th July 2013, 15:41   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
The Ecosport key/locking system is supposed to be different. How so?
Key should remain in the pocket. Walk towards the car, press the black button on the handle, open the door, press the clutch, press the start/stop button and the vehicle starts. Press the start/stop button to off the engine, get out of the vehicle and press the black button on the handle to lock it.

One question that I have. Should the doors be closed for the car to start? I noticed this yesterday when the front passenger door was open, it didnt start at first. Is that so?
Old 30th July 2013, 15:52   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Key should remain in the pocket. Walk towards the car, press the black button on the handle, open the door, press the clutch, press the start/stop button and the vehicle starts. Press the start/stop button to off the engine, get out of the vehicle and press the black button on the handle to lock it.

One question that I have. Should the doors be closed for the car to start? I noticed this yesterday when the front passenger door was open, it didnt start at first. Is that so?
Hey Naveen,
You can start the car with the doors open,all you need to do is press the clutch pust the start button and the key should be inside the car.
Old 30th July 2013, 15:54   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Naveen,
You can start the car with the doors open,all you need to do is press the clutch pust the start button and the key should be inside the car.
I did try this. Didnt start at first. Maybe I didnt it press it well. Thought it would be some safety feature.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 21:14   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your car. Great review there with lot of snaps. Please do not put the wheel cover on the spare. Saw a grey/black eco sport today with the open spare tyre and the it enhances the looks of the car

Good to hear about the mileage too. Keep updating the report!!
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 02:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
xuv2390,
Dear Dekay,
Thank you for sharing the contact.
I have procured the pictures of projectors from AVK ,and have detailed the procedure in the following link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...d-india-2.html
Old 3rd August 2013, 15:54   #41
BHPian

Congratulations for this buy and a nice write-up indeed. Loved the details in the pics. If you ask me, please dont go for the spare wheel cover. The bare alloy wheel gives the car a certain unique stance.

When you say the headlight is not good for highway drives, is it the throw distance or intensity?
siddarthbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 21:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddarthbh View Post
Congratulations for this buy and a nice write-up indeed. Loved the details in the pics. If you ask me, please dont go for the spare wheel cover. The bare alloy wheel gives the car a certain unique stance.

When you say the headlight is not good for highway drives, is it the throw distance or intensity?
IMO both intensity and throw are not good, osram nightbreakers and hella improve the same by 40% and 70% respectively
Old 4th August 2013, 23:03   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Coming to my question, I don't know if this has been asked in previous posts or not but since you are coming from an XUV 500, do you actually feel that you have downgraded to a segment below without factoring in the additional seating space that XUV provides ? I understand XUV is from a different segment, but how do you compare the two cars with respect to ride and handling and the over all quality of materials used inside and out.
@Sherlocked: Both the cars are absolutely way apart in terms of engineering, design and quality of interiors and exteriors both. Honestly, in my opinion the XUV5OO feels like a total chinese piece from inside. The EcoSport is much better. In fact given a choice it is worth compromising on the space & size rather than spending time with the Mahindra XUV5OO in the service center!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
How is the rear leg room space?
@joe1980: The leg room is adequate to comfortably sit even if a 5.11" driver is taking the seat 80% back & 110 degrees angle.
Quote:
IMO both intensity and throw are not good, osram nightbreakers and hella improve the same by 40% and 70% respectively
@ecosport rules: Please confirm the following:
1. The Hella white light is better than the Osram Nightbreaker?
2. Is there any specific name for the Hella? Can you share the part number from the box?
3. Is the H11 fog light available in Hella or do I need to buy the H11 Osram nightbreakers?
4. The parking lights in T10 right? I can replace the bulb easily in the headlight assembly?
5. Are all the 3 interior bulbs (above the gear stick) T10 size?

Last edited by xuv2390 : 4th August 2013 at 23:07.
Old 4th August 2013, 23:06   #44
BHPian

Joined your league!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ur-garage.html
Old 5th August 2013, 09:33   #45
BHPian

XUV,
Since you're still using the stock tyres, can you comment on the high speed behavior of the vehicle?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks