Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2016, 09:00   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A Ford EcoSport finds a home - 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium (O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
I'm in market for a new car, and Ecosport is in the list. Not sure, if it has to be an Ecoboost one. But after reading your write-up, I guess my concern areas like city driveability & mileage are cleared now.

What remains doubtful in mind is its, drivability in the ghat roads and body balance while taking hair pin curves. This area is pretty important to me as I've to travel once in a month to native crossing such roads. Could you please share some more light on it?
I've driven my dad's diesel EcoSport and my EcoBoost in both cities and ghats (I'm from Coonoor). I have to say that in both cities and ghats the diesel EcoSport wins hands down. It is only on highways where you can feel the added power of the EcoBoost engine give it an edge over the diesel. Its not a significant difference, but you can feel the EcoBoost pulls harder than the diesel.

On ghats, when the EcoBoost drops out of the power band, the loss of power is very annoying and requires effort to require from (e.g. rev the engine up, slip the clutch a bit, etc.) So, if you suddenly come upon a slow lorry that is taking a hair-pin bend, then you'll be hit badly as you lose your momentum. The diesel fares infinitely better in this regard.

All put together, I will now recommend people look primarily at the diesel EcoSport. In your case, definitely skip the EcoBoost, given the importance you place on city and ghat driveability.

Body balance is good for a vehicle of its height. Its not a problem at all on hair-pin bends. One thing though is that the A-pillar of the EcoSport is very intrusive on ghats (you'll find that many curves are perfectly aligned with the A-pillar, hiding your view), so you'll have to move your head and look through the windshield and front windows to ensure you have a clear view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
Also, which dealer you recommend from Bangalore?
I bought my EcoSport from Lathangi, as they were closest to my office. My experience with them was good, for both sales and service. I've had only brief interaction with other dealers.

Honestly, buy your car from any dealer, but then find a dealer you're comfortable with when it comes to servicing your car.

Happy shopping, and let us know which car you decide on!
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 13:34   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

3-year service - completed at 41 months

The 3rd year service for my EcoSport was waaay overdue (due in September 2016), but as my running has been low in 2016 (I've only clocked a little over 15,000 kms till date), I too took it easy, and finally got it done today, in Jan 2017.

Choice of Metro Ford
I had purchased my EcoSport at Lathangi Ford (JP Nagar, Bangalore) and had done all my services there until now (3 months, first year and 2nd year). However, about half a year ago, a customer had a horrendous experience where a Lathangi employee crashed her EcoSport severely, and Lathangi did not take serious or meaningful steps to indemnify the damage. That issue was finally resolved in a good way solely due to the intervention of Ford India, but no thanks to Lathangi. It was then that I decided not to patronize Lathangi Ford anymore.

So, come servicing time for my EcoSport, and I drive down to the Metro Ford (Lingarajapuram, Bangalore) which is close to my home and send my EcoSport in for its 3rd year service. As I had no complaints that needed addressing, my car was fast-tracked into the Quick Service bays, and roughly 3 hours later I had the car back.

Serviced Items and Costs
A regular 3rd year service of a petrol EcoSport consists of an oil filter change, oil change, and a change of the associated gaskets. During this service, the air filter is only cleaned (its taken out and given a beating to free up dust). However, I asked them to replace the air filter altogether, as I believe our dusty country and roads warrant it.

During the service, they also found that 4 of the wheel nuts were getting distorted (this was an issue affecting many of the early EcoSports), and those 4 were replaced at cost.

Total costs are reproduced below:
A Ford EcoSport finds a home - 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium (O)-bill.jpg

The total service cost was Rs. 5,071 before tax, and taxes added a further 750 to the bill.

Of the Rs. 5,071 in the total service cost, about Rs. 950 was due to my request for changing the air filter, and the need to change 4 wheel nuts.

Battery Health
There has been some talk on the EcoSport review thread about battery replacements, including one on a 39-month old EcoSport. As my EcoSport was now 41 months old, I was eager to see just how the battery was. I've not experienced any issues with the battery thus far, despite leaving it unused for 2/3/4 weeks at a stretch - the most recent being 3 weeks around this New Year through what passes for a Bangalore winter - and the car has always unlocked with the touch sensor and fired up without any fuss.

That way I was relieved to notice that the battery health report still gave it good marks.
A Ford EcoSport finds a home - 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium (O)-battery.jpg

A Word About the Metro Ford Service Experience
I had a good experience with Metro Ford, and could see a marked difference in terms of both facilities and attitude between Metro Ford and Lathangi Ford.

In all, the EcoSport is running fine, and the service experience has also been fast, painless and cheap. Good job by Ford and Metro Ford.
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 14:23   #93
Senior - BHPian

What, only 15000 kms in 3 years? Looks like you're going to beat my record of low usage!!

By the way, does Ford use a different brand of engine oil for the Ecosport? I do see 4.1 liters mentioned and of 5W 20 variety. I'm asking because my Fiesta recently underwent an oil change and the charge was around Rs 1680 which included the engie oil, gasket and oil filter. I've mentioned the details in my LTO thread.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 14:40   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
What, only 15000 kms in 3 years? Looks like you're going to beat my record of low usage!!
I thought twice about mentioning my running - its embarrassingly low, and might even be grounds for being banned on an auto enthusiasts forum

For the first 2.5 years of ownership, I had 2 cars (a second-hand Getz), and I car-pooled with a colleague, so my travel was distributed between 3 cars. And in the last year my commute had reduced significantly. In all, my dad's 2-year old EcoSport has comfortably outstripped my 3+ year old EcoSport's running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
By the way, does Ford use a different brand of engine oil for the Ecosport? I do see 4.1 liters mentioned and of 5W 20 variety.
The EcoBoost engine alone uses the 5W-20 oil which is pricier, whereas the diesel EcoSport and 1.5 petrol EcoSports use a cheaper 5W-30 oil. That accounts for the increased cost of engine oil.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 08:41   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorting through my photos, I came across a few more of my EcoSport:

A Ford EcoSport finds a home - 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium (O)-ecosport-headstones.jpg

A Ford EcoSport finds a home - 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium (O)-ecosport-cbe-3.jpg

A Ford EcoSport finds a home - 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium (O)-ecosport-cbe-1.jpg

A Ford EcoSport finds a home - 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium (O)-ecosport-cbe-2.jpg
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 10:32   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I thought twice about mentioning my running - its embarrassingly low, and might even be grounds for being banned on an auto enthusiasts forum.
Well, high running is over-hyped in my view ;o) I average at about 6k per annum these days, slightly down from the 7.5k average earlier when the city traffic was manageable. This year has seen the usage go down to about 200 km-pm on average, its always a fear of getting stuck in traffic and amidst possibly the worst fellow motorists possible that has stopped me from driving but the few times I do drive I enjoy thoroughly.

I feel city miles should be counted as 2x experience as that of highway, primarily because there are way more turns, more steering changes and is more emotionally & physically draining. I feel even with the seemingly /alarmingly low overall km's I've put in at 75k, I've wasted quite a few hours in stressful traffic and to me that number is very high.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 14:01   #97
BANNED

I have similar usage on my EcoBoost (O) and I still haven't taken it for the 3rd year service. Just been busy.

Btw, you have definitely taken care of your car better than me. Mine is an October 2013 model
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 11:14   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Sorting through my photos, I came across a few more of my EcoSport:

From one Kinetic Blue Ecoboost owner to another: on the shiny looking well maintained car. The blue colour demands a lot of maintenance but once you clean it, the shine gladdens your heart no ends.
Unfortunately I have a few paint chips on the door panels due to stone hits and a big scratch on my rear bumper of which I have no idea how it happened. Its difficult to get these minor touch ups done at the ASS.

Last edited by amit.s : 26th February 2017 at 11:19.
amit.s is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks