Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2014, 18:20   #151
BHPian

Re: My Mahindra e2o 'EVA' - The beginning of a paradigm shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyfc View Post
Hi rpunwani,

Living in an apartment should not deter you against buying this car.
There is some fundamental groundwork that electric vehicle owners need to do, if they want to setup a charging station in a multi-unit dwelling.
Its important to speak to the management of the apartment and inform them that you have an EV and would like to install a charging point. Its also good to make it clear to them that the socket would be connected to your meter.
Once you have the permission, you will need to catch hold of an electrician and look at how the task can be accomplished. In some cases, it would be straightforward. In some cases (especially if the slot is uncovered and far from the meter room), it would take some time.
So installing a charging 15Amp socket near your parking slot is not a problem at all.

I hope you can rethink this
Dear Kamyfc,

Many thanks for your invaluable inputs. My neighbour & I had figured out the wiring bit & the society had in-principle approved the same.

IMHO, the current price of the car is a major deterrent, if they are able to bring down the price of the car to a more acceptable limit, the e2o will be an excellent city car. I for one would definitely get one
Old 10th September 2014, 10:48   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post

IMHO, the current price of the car is a major deterrent, if they are able to bring down the price of the car to a more acceptable limit, the e2o will be an excellent city car. I for one would definitely get one
Hi rpunwani,

There is a discount of 1.32L for T0 model which comes with power steering and all other features of T2. With the battery cost excluded, Bangalore Onroad price is 4.4L. I posted this on the official review thread. However I am not sure if this is available in Mumbai. I just booked one.

Cheers.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 17:14   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Hi rpunwani,

There is a discount of 1.32L for T0 model which comes with power steering and all other features of T2. With the battery cost excluded, Bangalore Onroad price is 4.4L. I posted this on the official review thread. However I am not sure if this is available in Mumbai. I just booked one.

Cheers.
Hi Samabhi,

Thanks for the information. I will check with the local Mahindra dealer in a couple of days.

BTW how long is the delivery time when you booked the car? And which version have you taken?

Cheers
Old 10th September 2014, 17:24   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
Hi Samabhi,

Thanks for the information. I will check with the local Mahindra dealer in a couple of days.

BTW how long is the delivery time when you booked the car? And which version have you taken?

Cheers
About 10 days for delivery. I booked the T0 version with Power Steering and the features of T2 included.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 20:26   #155
BHPian

Hello people,

I haven't updated this thread for a while. I havent had the time to update the same here.

So just decided to do a small update with some photos and info for the benefit of the community here

So here goes.
------------------------------------------------------------
Its been 1 year driving an electric car and what an amazing journey!
We have been incredible surprised by the reliability of the e2o. We had to spend nothing on repairs or maintenance.
We here are seeing the extreme efficiency of the electric motor and the reliability of it.

Just the fact that this car has saved over 800 litre's of oil, which is usually imported means a lot to me personally.
If we all have to do our bit for the country, this is one small way.

Also the real important point is how this car uses so less energy and is so efficient. This is a point that is very difficult to get across. For example - I drive to Pavana Dam - a round trip distance of 105 km and this car just consumed around 78 km worth of energy. I had around 24 km of energy left, which truly boggles the mind.

This car uses the so less energy per km than even the most super efficient petrol engine and even more efficient than some petrol bikes. All this because of the efficiency of the electric motor.
The impact of the energy used is astronomically lower and thus this car is greener than anything we have on the road.
Yes, even if your electricity is powered by Coal.
Its time for the petrol heads, the EV cynics and people who are resistant to change (as seen from the questions asked by people in this thread one year back!) to see a live example in energy efficiency right here!

This electric car offers the potential to use energy from renewable sources. You can install a solar panel and run on clean electrons.
And if you stick to the grid, consider this as the grid gets cleaner, your electric vehicle gets cleaner in time.
Can that be said about ICE based vehicles?
They will always remain dirty and bad!!!

In July August i took EVA outside the city a lot to the mountains in Pune.
Here are some pics.

EVA in the lush mountains near Pune
My Mahindra e2o 'EVA' - The beginning of a paradigm shift-2.jpg

Charging in a kitchen of a restaurent in Lavasa. You can read the crazy story in my website!
My Mahindra e2o 'EVA' - The beginning of a paradigm shift-3.jpg

EVA amid stunning greenery in the mountains near Pune
My Mahindra e2o 'EVA' - The beginning of a paradigm shift-4.jpg

Ah! Pavana!!!
My Mahindra e2o 'EVA' - The beginning of a paradigm shift-5.jpg

The Numbers - August

1 kWh = 1 unit of electricity
1 unit = Rs 6 (including taxes and other charges)

All Home Charging Done Using: Mahindra charge point plugged into a 15 AMP socket
Total km Driven at Month End: 8620 km
Km Driven in Months: 810 km
Electric Power Used for Charging in Months: 81.0 kW (measured at wall power source)
Public Charging in Months, Power Use: 4 kWh
Charging at Home in Months, Power Use: 81.0 kWh
Energy Efficiency, Months: 10.6 km/kWh
Total Charging Energy Used, Lifetime: 874.5 kWh
Energy Efficiency, Lifetime: 9.85 km/kWh
Number of Home Charging Days in August: 6 nights
Household Power Used for Months: 65.0 kWh (without car charging)
Total Power Used for Month: 146 kWh (includes car charging)
Electric Bill Amount: Rs 840
Cost of charging the CAR - August: Rs 486
Cost for Charging Cars, Lifetime - : 3872.5 + 486 = Rs 4358.5
Maintenance and Repair Costs for the Car to Date: Rs 0
Average km per Driving Day in August: 27 km
Longest Day's Driving in August: 90 km to Lavasa and 76 km to Pavana Lake
Number of times, i charged outside my home: 1 (We went to Lavasa and had to charge in a restaurant's Kitchen!)
Unexpected Low Charge and Unable to Reach Destination: None

So EVA has consumed Rs 4358.5 over 12 months of driving and covered a distance of 8620km.

Mod Note : Post edited. Do NOT plug your own website on Team-BHP. You've been warned 3 times before.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th September 2014 at 12:49. Reason: See note
kamyfc is offline   (8) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 7th October 2014, 12:20   #156
Senior - BHPian

Okay, @kamyfc might be banned, but his car is in regular use. Happened to see it y'day evening in Sus road.

Kudos to his decision on buying an electric car, and actually using it regularly. Must say, his car stands out not only from regular cars, but also other E2O's.

This, because of the excellent colour he has chosen, and yes, the No-More-Oil stickers on the rear bumper.

Go figure, bro.
Old 24th November 2014, 14:52   #157
BHPian

Its so sad they don't have it yet in Chennai, would have been the perfect city car.
Old 24th November 2014, 19:20   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Its so sad they don't have it yet in Chennai, would have been the perfect city car.
Are you sure ? I heard a few inquiry from Chennai. In fact, M&M Reva point folks said, they are picking up in Chennai with the recent promotional offer.
Check it up now.

Prem.
Old 24th November 2014, 19:34   #159
BHPian

I have been calling them. Even yesterday spoke to them and they said no info of it coming to Chennai :(
Old 26th November 2014, 14:57   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Are you sure ? I heard a few inquiry from Chennai. In fact, M&M Reva point folks said, they are picking up in Chennai with the recent promotional offer.
Check it up now.

Prem.
Finally, got a follow-up from Mahindra. But the sad part is, if I need a vehicle I need to buy it in Bangalore and then bring it to Chennai. Though the Chennai dealership will do the registration, the final cost will be 8.6 lakhs!!!

That's too much money for this car. Since its outside Bangalore, the lease option is also available. But I should appreciate the effort they took to work out the cost, talk to dealers so they can sure service and registration. I am very impressed with the customer service of the E20 team. I just wish the cost was practical!
Old 26th November 2014, 17:11   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Finally, got a follow-up from Mahindra. But the sad part is, if I need a vehicle I need to buy it in Bangalore and then bring it to Chennai. Though the Chennai dealership will do the registration, the final cost will be 8.6 lakhs!!!

That's too much money for this car. Since its outside Bangalore, the lease option is also available. But I should appreciate the effort they took to work out the cost, talk to dealers so they can sure service and registration. I am very impressed with the customer service of the E20 team. I just wish the cost was practical!
I think, you are talking about the 120 KM range vehicle.
Also, I agree, without the 1.3 Lakh discount offer, this car doesnt make sense. In fact, this is the only reason that I was too fast in getting this.

Mine is 70KM range for the OTR [Blore] of 4.4Lakhs + 2599/- per month for battery for 5 years [1.59 Lakhs].

So, without the offer, it would be 4.4 + 1.3 + 1.59 [assuming battery is paid up front] = 7.29 Lakhs. So, probably, you are enquiring about 120 KM range.

Prem.
Old 26th November 2014, 17:16   #162
BHPian

Quote:
So, without the offer, it would be 4.4 + 1.3 + 1.59 [assuming battery is paid up front] = 7.29 Lakhs. So, probably, you are enquiring about 120 KM range.

Prem.
That's the only option they gave me with a on road price of 8.6 lakhs. They clearly said lease is not available for other city buyers! Also, the pricing in their website shows 5.55 for T2. Is that the 4.4 + 1.3 as per your calculation?

Also, can you PM me your number so I can connect to understand few things.

Last edited by madbullram : 26th November 2014 at 17:21. Reason: missed info
Old 26th November 2014, 17:31   #163
MHG
BHPian

Has someone thought of keeping a diesel generator set in the boot of this car (and directing the exhaust outwards obviously) ? This will make it a series hybrid and ensure that you wouldn't run out of fuel on highways. Low on power ? All you need to do then is to turn on the generator.

If Mahindra used their electric drivetrain and provided a series hybrid like this (even with the Maxximo engine) and save costs on battery by providing a 20km battery as an option, it will be really brilliant! I will be one of their first customers then.
Old 26th November 2014, 21:09   #164
BHPian

^^ I doubt about the weight that it can take and having a generator seriously defeats several purpose of this vehicle - exhaust and noice that I can immediately think of.
Also, I doubt of the weight carrying capacity of the vehicle !
Old 30th November 2014, 01:17   #165
MHG
BHPian

Quote:
^^ I doubt about the weight that it can take and having a generator seriously defeats several purpose of this vehicle - exhaust and noice that I can immediately think of.
Also, I doubt of the weight carrying capacity of the vehicle !
Well, you don't necessarily have to rely on the generator. It can be something of a last-ditch option just in case you run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere. You could be somewhere far off, let the generator do its job while you munch on a packed sandwich outside the car until you have enough juice to get to a place with a power socket.

The weight carrying ability shouldn't be a problem as a small generator (like those used by small shops and the like when there is a power cut) weighs less than a small person who'd sit at the rear.

I am just saying that a simple diesel generator would add extra value to the car, without removing existing capabilities.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks