Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2014, 02:19   #661
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

5000 kms crossed going strong. Even I have a sunroof rattle. Its more of a beading/glass friction noise, only comes when the car moves about on uneven roads, goes after opening the sunroof once or twice, but returns again the next day! will get it checked at the first inspection at 7500 kms. Here's a picture of the car, in gleaming black!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_6325.jpg  

adi_petrolhead is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:10   #662
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
5000 kms crossed going strong. Even I have a sunroof rattle. Its more of a beading/glass friction noise, only comes when the car moves about on uneven roads, goes after opening the sunroof once or twice, but returns again the next day! will get it checked at the first inspection at 7500 kms. Here's a picture of the car, in gleaming black!
Buy any silicon lubricant like this - http://www.ebay.in/itm/ABRO-Silicone...item2334f39952

Open the sunroof and apply it to the rubber beadings.

Should take care of the issue for a few weeks instead of a day.
Akshay1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:26   #663
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here's a picture of the car, in gleaming black!
That looks awesome! Can't wait for the delivery of my car which may happen only in March or April.
Old 22nd January 2014, 19:15   #664
BHPian

Members, attached the Service and Maintenance Plans for the Octavia on their website.

Highlights: To ensure a worry-free driving experience, the SKODA Octavia comes with pre-defined service and maintenance plans that offer a fixed cost of ownership over the entire life of the car. For a one-time up-front fee, you can cover your SKODA Octavia for service and maintenance costs right up to 75,000 kms or 5 years (whichever is earlier).

Pricing: Plan prices vary based on the variant and period being covered. Please check with your nearest SKODA dealer for plan pricing.

My Thoughts: With comprehensive plans like these I think Skoda is leaving no stone unturned. What most customers are worried about is their A.S.S (spare parts), and now they have a comprehensive plan like BMW and MB. The pricing factor remains a mystery, Anyone bought an Octavia can highlight the pricing plans for the benefit to others.
Attached Images

Last edited by Y@SH : 22nd January 2014 at 19:23.
Y@SH is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 21:34   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Members, attached the Service and Maintenance Plans for the Octavia on their website.

Highlights: To ensure a worry-free driving experience, the SKODA Octavia comes with pre-defined service and maintenance plans that offer a fixed cost of ownership over the entire life of the car. For a one-time up-front fee, you can cover your SKODA Octavia for service and maintenance costs right up to 75,000 kms or 5 years (whichever is earlier).

Pricing: Plan prices vary based on the variant and period being covered. Please check with your nearest SKODA dealer for plan pricing.

My Thoughts: With comprehensive plans like these I think Skoda is leaving no stone unturned. What most customers are worried about is their A.S.S (spare parts), and now they have a comprehensive plan like BMW and MB. The pricing factor remains a mystery, Anyone bought an Octavia can highlight the pricing plans for the benefit to others.
Do you have any idea of what it is costing to do this?
The top end 2.0 TDI, with Everything which is for 23.95 OTR mumbai, is costing my cousin close to 29Lacs, with this 5 year plan and all the accessories, like the iPod cable etc...If need be I can get a copy of the break down for us here....I asked him to then wait for the facelifted Superb, I think at 29Lac OTR with the Service plan is way too much....one can easliy get a A4 in that much if I am not wrong too...

Quote:
I love the black!! Your car looks so so nice....I would love to see some pics of the blue as well though, but I believe the black on this car looks the best!!!
Just one question...where is the tow hook located, the front looks quite flush....????

My skoda MK1 1.8 TPI has gone as a "write off" so I am waiting for the vRS to come out till then I hope the small rattles I hear about are all sorted about form some of the users....

Last edited by nanu28 : 22nd January 2014 at 21:38.
nanu28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 21:51   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Do you have any idea of what it is costing to do this?
The top end 2.0 TDI, with Everything which is for 23.95 OTR mumbai, is costing my cousin close to 29Lacs, with this 5 year plan and all the accessories, like the iPod cable etc.
The cost of the package as mentioned is offered by the dealer depending on variant. I am no expert in car maintance and service but 5 lakhs for the plan seems pretty exorbitant. Each service approximately costs 15,000. Over 5 years that is 75k. Add 50k maxmum for parts brake discs, transmission fluids etc. that's 1.25 lakh. I'd rather just go for the extended warranty just to be safe. You may want to find out maintenance prices from other dealers as well. But it does seem high. Accessories are also over priced being at 4.5k for the iPhone cable, buy the ones that are necessary, Ohers just get from a roadside accessory shop.

Last edited by Y@SH : 22nd January 2014 at 21:54.
Y@SH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 22:00   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
I love the black!! Your car looks so so nice. I would love to see some pics of the blue as well though, but I believe the black on this car looks the best!!! Just one question. where is the tow hook located? the front looks quite flush.
thanks! Tow hook is located just below the RHS headlamp. Black makes it less visible I think. You bet Black is the best colour for the Octavia unless one wants to show off the black roof, or can't buy black for religious reasons! There are pictures of a blue one on this thread somewhere, you'll have to search looks good! Black mirror covers on a blue car and possible black alloys will surely make it more ridiculous!!
Old 22nd January 2014, 22:57   #668
BHPian

Quote:
thanks! Tow hook is located just below the RHS headlamp. Black makes it less visible I think. You bet Black is the best colour for the Octavia unless one wants to show off the black roof, or can't buy black for religious reasons! There are pictures of a blue one on this thread somewhere, you'll have to search looks good! Black mirror covers on a blue car and possible black alloys will surely make it more ridiculous!!
óh the little circle there ? I notice it now that you mentioned.....I had the Red TPI, but now I wanna be subtle I guess, the black or the blue looks stunning. Congrats on a beautiful car again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
The cost of the package as mentioned is offered by the dealer depending on variant. I am no expert in car maintance and service but 5 lakhs for the plan seems pretty exorbitant. Each service approximately costs 15,000. Over 5 years that is 75k. Add 50k maxmum for parts brake discs, transmission fluids etc. that's 1.25 lakh. I'd rather just go for the extended warranty just to be safe. You may want to find out maintenance prices from other dealers as well. But it does seem high. Accessories are also over priced being at 4.5k for the iPhone cable, buy the ones that are necessary, Ohers just get from a roadside accessory shop.
...wait I will get the exact figures from him, gimme till tomorrow, but yeah, its not only the service, but also all the accessories included so it might be half that.

Last edited by nanu28 : 22nd January 2014 at 22:59.
Old 22nd January 2014, 23:42   #669

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanbatra View Post
The cappucino beige color does look a bit serious and grown up, and i dont think it does justice to the beauty that this car is. And black makes it look nice, but smaller in size optically. Personal opinion: the best colors this car looks good in, are Silver & White. Have a new Silver TDI, so i can vouch for that. Can't stop admiring it everyday!

A lot of features written about in the manual are missing, and people keep looking for them. There are some brilliant ones in there! I agree that they could be optionally given by the company. Maybe in the near future.
Thank You Amanbatra, After a lot of thought, i finally got in touch with the dealer and asked him to change the colour to brilliant siver, I agree cappucino beige does look a bit serious fora big car such as the octavia and would be more suited to the rapid, i also notice that silver seems to be skodas official signature colour for the octavia.

Black on the other hand is always beautiful but is basically a heavy maintenance colour, a dust magnet is what it is, i mean the car has to be continually wiped all the time and besides a scratch on black stands out a mile away. Besides this the fact that black tends to absorb heat thus more load on the aircon.

A few Pics of your silver TDI would be appreciated once again thank you.
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:33   #670

Hello guys,I am a new member here & this is my first post.
After going through this entire thread i decided against my first choice Chevrolet cruze, went ahead and booked the Octavia elegance 2.0 TDI in the Race blue color. So,thanks for such elaborate information on this latest Skoda offering.
But,having never seen this car on road in this particular color,i'm still a bit circumspect of it,,any views or suggestions are highly welcome.
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:55   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishesh vats View Post
But,having never seen this car on road in this particular color,i'm still a bit circumspect of it,,any views or suggestions are highly welcome.
Have seen the Ocatvia in race blue on road, last week. Truly a head turner and great road presence!

Cheers!
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:56   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to team-BHP!

The blue is stunning in the flesh, I have posted pics of it elsewhere in the thread, do take a look at it then. The only worry you will face with the blue color is that it is a high maintenance color. Scratches and dirt will be easily seen on it, so if you're willing to work hard on maintaining it, you'll make heads turn for sure.

If you're not really keen on that, silver is a great option. It's the one skoda uses to showcase the Octavia, and it looks breathtaking, especially with the black sunroof on the top end
Old 23rd January 2014, 12:00   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After going through this entire thread i decided against my first choice Chevrolet cruze, went ahead and booked the Octavia elegance 2.0 TDI in the Race blue color. So,thanks for such elaborate information on this latest Skoda offering.
Vishesh, why don't you guide yourself to page no. 8 and 11 of this thread, to check out the blue cars on road and in showroom pictures. The one on page 8 is the VRS version from Europe, so apart from the bumper and alloy wheel design, car should look identical in Race Blue. Good choice bro, when I had to book mine they didn't have blue, I actually had only two colours to choose from, Silver or Black.
Old 23rd January 2014, 12:36   #674
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Welcome to the community and Congratulations with the booking. This definitely is a great decision. What is the expected delivery date?

For the race blue color, there are many review videos in youtube that show blue Octavia. I guess this should be the race blue (other members who have physically seen a race blue model can confirm). Here is one such review in youtube.

This is indeed a head turner. Initially my choice was race blue, but my wife totally dismissed this - she says it attracts too much attention and does not go well with my age Finally had to settle for silver.
Old 23rd January 2014, 14:28   #675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countache View Post

A few Pics of your silver TDI would be appreciated once again thank you.
Here Countache, attaching some shots I took for you this morning for the Silver Octavia TDI. Its not a sunny day, so the full glow is missing!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_7392-medium.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_7393-medium.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_7394-medium.jpg  

amanbatra is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed