Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2014, 20:07   #721
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanbatra View Post
Hey Abhi! I see some of the recent owners have added some reviews. I for one had added a short review in response to a question on the forum. If there is anything in detail you need to know from me, please don't hesitate to ask.

Overall the experience is great and the drive is awesome. I've run it for over 4000 kms till date and it drives like a dream. The sunroof got stuck for a second this morning, but opening and closing it twice fixed it. Probably all the dust on the highway i drive on. Otherwise no other issues yet. Have had the car for over 2 months now. 6 days a week i drive it 80+ kms on the NH8 to work and back, and have a wonderful time. Only thing is...sitting at home or in the passenger seat, my driver finds himself so free, he's threatening to quit!

I have put some pictures of my Silver Elegance TDI on the forum too. Check them out.

with Abhi on this.

The car indeed is so good that it deserves a new ownership thread and just not adding points to the official test drive thread because the test drive mode is now over.

Just my 2 cents
Old 18th February 2014, 20:33   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
To all Octavia owners,

There seem to be number of folks who have purchased the new Octavia. But, so far we have no ownership reports at all. Can somebody post his ownership report soon? This will help a lot of potential owners like me..
Here is my short review of my 2L TDI(will write a detailed one after few more kms)

+ves
Extremely fun to drive and superb handling, extremely stable even at high speed cornering.
Steering which is as precise as a Swiss watch, great to hold too.
Peppy engine (a bit of turbo lag below 1700 rpm)
Very spacious and high quality premium interiors, dual zone AC is very useful.
Very good NVH, engine is very silent upto 2.5K RPM, beyond which it is audible.
Good mileage; My drive from Bangalore to Trivandrum (~750km) it gave 17.8km/l with full time AC. City it show 14.5 - 15.5 as the average. Hopefully the mileage will improve after 3-4K kms in odo.
Superb audio system and touch screen system.

-ves
Feedback from steering is less.
No keyless entry (A must have feature in premium cars)

Attaching a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20140218-19.32.27.jpg  

Last edited by B747 : 18th February 2014 at 20:34.
B747 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 11:30   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanbatra View Post
Hey Abhi! I see some of the recent owners have added some reviews. I for one had added a short review in response to a question on the forum. If there is anything in detail you need to know from me, please don't hesitate to ask.

Overall the experience is great and the drive is awesome. I've run it for over 4000 kms till date and it drives like a dream. The sunroof got stuck for a second this morning, but opening and closing it twice fixed it. Probably all the dust on the highway i drive on. Otherwise no other issues yet. Have had the car for over 2 months now. 6 days a week i drive it 80+ kms on the NH8 to work and back, and have a wonderful time. Only thing is...sitting at home or in the passenger seat, my driver finds himself so free, he's threatening to quit!

I have put some pictures of my Silver Elegance TDI on the forum too. Check them out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
Here is my short review of my 2L TDI(will write a detailed one after few more kms)

+ves
Extremely fun to drive and superb handling, extremely stable even at high speed cornering.
Steering which is as precise as a Swiss watch, great to hold too.
Peppy engine (a bit of turbo lag below 1700 rpm)
Very spacious and high quality premium interiors, dual zone AC is very useful.
Very good NVH, engine is very silent upto 2.5K RPM, beyond which it is audible.
Good mileage; My drive from Bangalore to Trivandrum (~750km) it gave 17.8km/l with full time AC. City it show 14.5 - 15.5 as the average. Hopefully the mileage will improve after 3-4K kms in odo.
Superb audio system and touch screen system.

-ves
Feedback from steering is less.
No keyless entry (A must have feature in premium cars)

Attaching a pic.
While I appreciate you guys giving for short first hand inputs, I will want to understand the complete ownership experience (no replacement fro displacement philosophy you see).
Old 19th February 2014, 22:45   #724
BHPian

Looks like Skoda is also going to pass on the tax cut benefits. They've asked the dealers not to bill any vehicles till this saturday.
joethomasv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2014, 12:05   #725
Mtv
BHPian

Does anyone have a clue about when the vRS gets here? I'm willing to push forward my booking of the 1.8 if the Indian vRS is mechanically identical to the Euro spec car.
Old 23rd February 2014, 12:42   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Looks like Skoda is also going to pass on the tax cut benefits. They've asked the dealers not to bill any vehicles till this saturday.
So any news on this? Have checked online but can't seem to find any news about Skoda cutting prices. Has anyone heard anything on this?
Old 23rd February 2014, 13:22   #727
BHPian

Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
Has anyone heard anything on this?

Someone mentioned in the excise cut thread that the Rapid's price was cut and the new price updated in the Skoda website.

Looks like there won't be a correction for the Octavia. I'll be taking delivery tomorrow or day after so will know for sure tomorrow.
Old 23rd February 2014, 17:09   #728
BHPian

Guys, any idea about VRS launch in India, since it was not displayed in Auto expo can we presume it will not make it to India in next year. Anybody with insight to this, please share
Old 25th February 2014, 20:39   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Someone mentioned in the excise cut thread that the Rapid's price was cut and the new price updated in the Skoda website.

Looks like there won't be a correction for the Octavia. I'll be taking delivery tomorrow or day after so will know for sure tomorrow.
Sales guy in Tafe Access said no correction for the Octavia, but we have to wait and see.
Congrats buddy, 1.8 TSI or 2 TDI ?
Old 25th February 2014, 21:00   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
Does anyone have a clue about when the vRS gets here? I'm willing to push forward my booking of the 1.8 if the Indian vRS is mechanically identical to the Euro spec car.
Euro spec vRS is a killer, if it comes to India it will one of the hot selling drivers cars. Looking at how Skoda India launched Octavia by cutting down many features, I doubt Euro spec vRS coming to India.
Old 26th February 2014, 10:10   #731

Anybody here got the Race Blue color?? Would love to here about your experiences And obviously some photos too..
Old 26th February 2014, 20:48   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Sales guy in Tafe Access said no correction for the Octavia, but we have to wait and see.
Congrats buddy, 1.8 TSI or 2 TDI ?
Thanks! It is the TDI Ambition DSG. I took delivery today. There is no change in Octavia pricing. I think the Superb price dropped by 40K INR and the Rapid, 20K.
Old 26th February 2014, 20:51   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! It is the TDI Ambition DSG. I took delivery today. There is no change in Octavia pricing. I think the Superb price dropped by 40K INR and the Rapid, 20K.
Congratulations, wishing you miles and miles of trouble free motoring.
Old 26th February 2014, 20:56   #734
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Congratulations. Wishing you tens of thousands of miles of fun filled, trouble free and safe driving!

It is really dissappointing that Skoda did not pass on the duty cut to customers. And any word about the extended warranty?
Old 26th February 2014, 21:06   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations, wishing you miles and miles of trouble free motoring.
Thanks! Wish you the same B747.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Congratulations. Wishing you tens of thousands of miles of fun filled, trouble free and safe driving!

It is really dissappointing that Skoda did not pass on the duty cut to customers. And any word about the extended warranty?
Thanks graaja. Yes but I can't complain because mine was billed from the factory before the price cut was announced. They are clueless (no surprise there) about the extended warranty. In this case I don't think the dealer is to blame though.
joethomasv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks