Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2017, 16:20   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Lower GC one any day as lower center of gravity will certainly help. If the road conditions around you is OK without any monstrous speed breakers, go ahead. You wont repent it.
Makes sense. Thanks

Since you are online, help me out with this:

OEM pre-facelift GC kit or Aftermarket lowering springs like Eibach?
https://tmcmotorsport.com/product/12
Old 16th August 2017, 16:45   #617
BHPian

Are there any offers lately on the Linea MJD? Didnt come across any myself, hence checking here
Old 28th December 2017, 17:32   #618
Senior - BHPian

Production of Fiat Linea ends in Turkey. About time Fiat brings in its replacement in India. Not sure if its still made in India anymore, but Turkey and India were the last 2 places where the Linea was (is) being produced.

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-26166885_1932367073682335_1923213306500301955_n.jpg

Source - Linea Clube Brazil
blackwasp is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 20:05   #619
BHPian

Linea may have been discontinued in India as well - based on what KHT Bangalore says. Production has been halted as per them and there are only Jeep models in their Domlur showroom.

While their Yeshwantpur showroom have Fiat cars on display, even they mentioned on the need to check with the factory on the stock. Display Linea (T Jet) also doubles up as test drive car. No MJD option available for test drive.

They are not too keen on following up and discounts offered is 20-30k. Most likely there isnt much left to sell.

Looks like all the cars (affordable) that handle well are going extinct - first the Fiesta, S Cross 1.6 and now the Linea/Punto.

Dont know if Fiat will ever bring the Cronos and if it will be a worthy successor to the Linea.
styx71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 21:39   #620

Where is Fiat Linea's Chassis no. engraved. I want NOC for my car 2009 model so need to get the trace on Form 28. There is one in the boot on a aluminium plate. Is it some where else also.
Old 5th February 2019, 03:13   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katochrishi View Post
Where is Fiat Linea's Chassis no. engraved.
Passenger side foot well. There is a cut away in the carpet, closer to the door edge and towards the seat base.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 13:32   #622
BHPian

Hello,
Can you kindly guide me to the location of the windscreen washer pump of Linea?
Mine is a 2010 model Emotion Pack. Recently the washer function i not working and I want to check for myself before handing her over to the FNG (nearest FIAT showroom is 450kms away and I am not sure whether is in operation or not with Jeep). Planning to go the DIY route if I can. Pics would help.
Thanks in advance.

Went to a FNG day before yesterday and sorted out the washer motor issue. It was found jammed and a liberal spray of WD-40 solved the issue.

I want to replace the fog lamps as they are fogged from inside. Can anyone please guide me how to remove them?
Thanks

Last edited by navin : 18th May 2019 at 11:18.
Old 18th May 2019, 10:00   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katochrishi View Post
Where is Fiat Linea's Chassis no. engraved. I want NOC for my car 2009 model so need to get the trace on Form 28. There is one in the boot on a aluminium plate. Is it some where else also.
The one somewhere else and the one in the boot will have the same number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakritij View Post
I want to replace the fog lamps as they are fogged from inside. Can anyone please guide me how to remove them?
Thanks

I have a base variant Linea which doesn't come with fog lamps. I want to get them installed. There are dummy covers as of now. Is the fog lamp installation just simple plug and connect or do i have to fiddle with any wiring?

Bharat

Last edited by navin : 18th May 2019 at 11:18.
Old 18th May 2019, 12:27   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
I have a base variant Linea which doesn't come with fog lamps. I want to get them installed. There are dummy covers as of now. Is the fog lamp installation just simple plug and connect or do i have to fiddle with any wiring?

Bharat
If you have the facelifted Linea then it's a real PITA to get to the fogs. The bumper has to be removed, and then the fog housing from the back which are held by really fragile friction clips. Before you can get to the fogs themselves.

It's a relative breeze on the original Linea's where you can access the fogs from the front without touching the bumper.

I assume the wiring harness will be the same for all variants, so should be plug and play.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2019, 12:31   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
If you have the facelifted Linea then it's a real PITA to get to the fogs. The bumper has to be removed, and then the fog housing from the back which are held by really fragile friction clips. Before you can get to the fogs themselves.

It's a relative breeze on the original Linea's where you can access the fogs from the front without touching the bumper.

I assume the wiring harness will be the same for all variants, so should be plug and play.
Mine is the old Linea. Linea Classic version. Thanks i'll try to check.
bharatbits is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 01:49   #626
BHPian

What all is included in the tool kit of the Linea from the manufacturer? I am trying to open the air filter casing to dust the air filter and put it back as i observed black smoke under heavy revving. The filter is fairly new replaced 5000kms and 6 months ago. I couldn't find the spanners etc in the tool kit. Any info if it's part of the toolkit or did i misplace it?
Old 19th May 2019, 06:37   #627
BHPian

Quote:
What all is included in the tool kit of the Linea from the manufacturer? I am trying to open the air filter casing to dust the air filter and put it back as i observed black smoke under heavy revving. The filter is fairly new replaced 5000kms and 6 months ago. I couldn't find the spanners etc in the tool kit. Any info if it's part of the toolkit or did i misplace it?
All you need is a Philips screwdriver to open the cover. No idea what comes with the standard kit as I have a basic toolkit sitting in the boot at all times.
Old 19th May 2019, 08:49   #628
BHPian

Quote:
I couldn't find the spanners etc in the tool kit. Any info if it's part of the toolkit or did i misplace it?
You haven't missed anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
All you need is a Philips screwdriver to open the cover. No idea what comes with the standard kit as I have a basic toolkit sitting in the boot at all times.
Those are 7mm or 8mm bolts for the multijet variant. Spanners for removing the filter assy is not included in toolkit. Do not try to loosen them using the adjustable spanners, the bolt heads in this car are easily deformable and the edges would get rounded in no time.

As a matter of fact, the toolkit doesn't contain any useful tool besides the ones to replace the wheels. (Some Tjet owner in the forum got a wheel spanner which didn't suit his car's wheel lug nuts)
--gKrish-- is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 16:05   #629
BHPian

Lately i have been hearing krr krr sounds on my Linea from the steering rack assembly on full left or right turn on uneven patches of road. What do you think could be this?
Old 17th September 2019, 21:07   #630
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Lately i have been hearing krr krr sounds on my Linea from the steering rack assembly on full left or right turn on uneven patches of road. What do you think could be this?
Check struts & strut mounts first, since sound is coming only on full-lock. After eliminating them, can suspect steering rack itself as next candidate.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks