Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2021, 11:21   #646
BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

My Linea emotion diesel is 7 years old. It has some small dents here n there. I am thinking of re-painting the complete car alongwith the denting work. Will it reduce the resale value of the car ?
Old 15th November 2021, 11:54   #647
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
My Linea emotion diesel is 7 years old. It has some small dents here n there. I am thinking of re-painting the complete car alongwith the denting work. Will it reduce the resale value of the car ?
If you're bothered about resale value then your car is almost past that good resale value period given Fiat has shut the door in 2019. If you love Linea and plan to keep it for years to come there's nothing like bringing back Fiat to full glory.

Last edited by KPR : 15th November 2021 at 11:55.
Old 16th November 2021, 13:56   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
If you're bothered about resale value then your car is almost past that good resale value period given Fiat has shut the door in 2019. If you love Linea and plan to keep it for years to come there's nothing like bringing back Fiat to full glory.
After discussing with the family, decided to continue with my Linea for atleast next 5 years. Now considering that, decided to give a modern look to the car. Thinking on the below bullet items alongwith denting painting and regular servicing.
  1. 7D / 9D mats
  2. Android infotainment system
  3. Headlights upgrade

Any other modification / upgrade that can be done which will be useful considering the next 5 years of ownership ?
vinit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 14:21   #649
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
  1. 7D / 9D mats
  2. Android infotainment system
  3. Headlights upgrade

Any other modification / upgrade that can be done which will be useful considering the next 5 years of ownership ?
1. I have installed 3D Kagu mats in my Punto. All I can say is that OEM carpet mats serve purpose beautifully. In my 3D mats any dust settled is seen as these mats get soiled pretty easily. Frequency of cleaning 3D is more as compared to stock carpet mats. OTOH in OEM carpet mats, owing to its texture dust particles cannot be seen easily.

2. Strict No here. Android systems are mostly Chinese make and they don't deliver good quality of audio output to speakers. Instead you can install Sony, Pioneer type of dedicated car music systems. But the issue with Linea/Punto is the matching plastic console to complete aesthetics with dashboard. BTW what happened to your OEM system? The facelifted Linea/Punto with non touchscreen, Blue&Me system is one of the best OEM system. It gives a beautiful sound output to stock component speakers. So don't touch it unless it has got damaged/faulty.

3. Maybe. But I'm a happy man with stock HL 60/55 Philips xtremevision plus bulbs + 3" HID Fog lights setup in my Punto. This setup itself is more than sufficient.

Any other modification?
Fiat has given 100% car in stock form itself which is the reality and yours is an emotion variant. So I don't see any other thing that may be required.

Spend on HID fog lights and you're good to go for night drives. That's it.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 19:00   #650
BHPian

Quote:
I am in a same boat with Punto (~ 9 year old) and wondering how much does it cost to repaint the car fully?
Also HID Fogs and Philips Xtreme headlamps can be installed in stock sockets or does it need any fiddling with electrical harness?
Old 17th November 2021, 09:45   #651
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Also HID Fogs and Philips Xtreme headlamps can be installed in stock sockets or does it need any fiddling with electrical harness?
Replace existing HL bulbs with Philips xtremevision 60/55W or Osram Nightbreaker Laser 60/55W. For HID Fog lights, you've to remove stock fog lights and install HID ones. They're plug and play type and need not cut wires. There are many threads here in Teambhp regarding installation of HID fogs. You can go through from them for know how.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 13:24   #652
BHPian

The MID display in my Linea is not working. When the ignition is made ON, it shows only orange light on the entire screen. However, the speedometer and RPM meter are working absolutely fine. The service center person is asking me to change the entire cluster meter at an estimated cost of 16 K. After googling, I found out that some sites do sell only the rectangular display screen in the range of 2 -3 K. Has anyone changed this screen ? If yes, where in Mumbai ? If Online, link will be helpful.
Old 26th December 2021, 07:38   #653
BHPian

Mine is a 2014 face-lift Linea T Jet emotion. 86000kms on the odo.

I am in the middle of a 2000km trip and my brakes started 'squeaking' about 500kms into the journey. Another 800kms of the trip is remaining now, 400kms of which is going to be in Kerala, mostly in two lane roads with frequent use of the brake.
Wondering whether I should break my trip to get my break pads checked / changed. The front break pads where changed few months back and it is less than 2000kms since then. I was told the rear pads were good to go for few thousand kms more, then. Today being Sunday, I don't think any service centres will be open. And I have a packed driving schedule today and tomorrow. And I am in North Kerala today and tomorrow away from my native place too - unfamiliar area.

The regular service was due this month and I gave my car for regular service about 10 days back and hasn't used the car much after last service, except for this trip. I guess they did not check the brakes during the regular service. Guess I need to talk to them about this.

How urgent is the break-pad change likely to be?
Can I wait to reach back in Pondy to get the breaks checked?
Old 26th December 2021, 08:42   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparameswaran View Post
Mine is a 2014 face-lift Linea T Jet emotion. 86000kms on the odo. ..
How urgent is the break-pad change likely to be?Can I wait to reach back in Pondy to get the breaks checked?
If your front brake pads are changed recently, then it must be the rear ones. Try visual inspection of front brake pads, just to be sure. However, visual inspection of rear brake pads isn’t easier.

Rear brake pads generally last approx 65k-70k kms. If you are on your stock ones, then it’s definitely the time to change rear ones. If rear ones were changed sometime in the ownership, then it might be just some dirt particles acting up.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 10:43   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
If your front brake pads are changed recently, then it must be the rear ones. Try visual inspection of front brake pads, just to be sure. However, visual inspection of rear brake pads isn’t easier.

Rear brake pads generally last approx 65k-70k kms. If you are on your stock ones, then it’s definitely the time to change rear ones. If rear ones were changed sometime in the ownership, then it might be just some dirt particles acting up.
Thank you, so much!

The rear brake pads are the stock ones, was not changed earlier. Must be time to change.

My immediate concern is whether I should be driving for another 800kms or so, to be back in Pondy, to change the brake pad. Getting it changed today or tomorrow s going to be a challenge.

I am also not really happy to know that the service centre (expert Spanners, Chennai, Mopar service) didn't check the pads during the service 10 days back.
Old 26th December 2021, 12:10   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparameswaran View Post
Thank you, so much!
My immediate concern is whether I should be driving for another 800kms or so,..
I am also not really happy to know that the service centre (expert Spanners, Chennai, Mopar service) didn't check the pads
You are welcome.
My advise will be to just get the rear ones checked by some nearby garage. I hope you have 30 mts at your disposal. It will need removal of rear tyre and checking the pad from inside. Generally, the inside part wears more.

If they are at absolute end of life, it’s a pretty straightforward job, get it done. Otherwise chuck along to your hometown.
Rear brake pads cost around ₹6500. ₹400-500 for installation.

Regarding MOPAR service not checking it, they are all same at the end of the day. If you have asked something specific which is not a part of normal service routine, in all probability, they will skip it. I will suggest you to try to be present there. If not possible, inquire explicitly about that request while taking delivery.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 13:21   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
My advise will be to just get the rear ones checked by some nearby garage.
Just to update :

Got the brakes checked and the pads were good.
The noise was from small sand particle which went inside. Cleaned and the sound disappeared.

Thank you for the suggestions!
sparameswaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 22:13   #658
BHPian

Soliciting advice from fellow BHPians.

Issue: Post the monsoon I spotted droplets in the headlights. The condensation has gradually increased with time since then. The ASS SA told to either get the headlights replaced or visit an accessory shop to figure out the solution.

Has anyone faced similar issue with their Headlights? If Yes, then how did you get it sorted. Also any leads for a reliable shop in Noida will be very helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks