Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2019, 14:47   #631
BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Check struts & strut mounts first, since sound is coming only on full-lock. After eliminating them, can suspect steering rack itself as next candidate.
Noise disappeared. Will keep an ear out for it if it reappears.

Suspension sound kat kat from left side was diagnosed to link rod gone bad in a minute by the FASS technician. Refused warranty as i was told warranty on suspension is only for 2 years or 40000kms. Mine was 41700 kms and 2 years 9 months. No good will either.

Link rod 1440 Rs + Rs 350 for labour paid and the car drives like a charm now. Overall pretty happy with the service experience, regular service, part and labour costs of Fiat. Don't know why people complain so much about Fiat's service. I have experienced Fiat service in AV Hyd (5k), Sky Moto Pune (15k) and Vroom Mumbai (30k) and all of them were good. Never did they push for unwarranted replacements or add ons.

Will be heading for the 45000 kms service in about 2 months.

Last edited by bharatbits : 25th September 2019 at 14:52.
bharatbits is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 16:42   #632
BHPian

Has anybody had a P0130 error on the OBD scanner on their Linea. About the Lambda Oxygen Sensor. I was told it is faulty and has to be replaced. I got the CEL on my Linea checked immediately after driving through fairly flooded roads near the Fiat ASS. Don't remember the exact cost but the estimate appeared quite high to me. So, I decided to hold back. In a day the CEL vanished.

Any body had a similar experience? CEL turning on after driving through foot deep waters and disappearing after the car basks in sun for a while is common I hear. So, is it the Lambda Oxygen sensor that gets wet and triggers the CEL or are these completely different?

Last edited by bharatbits : 7th August 2020 at 16:55.
Old 24th November 2020, 14:09   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The new fiesta too is good and does match up with the Linea. But alas, that one hardly sells even compared to the Linea.
i owned the all new fiesta.. did about 50000 kms on it in two years, it was fantastic to drive.. best weighted steering i have ever driven.. But the rear seat was too upright and not suitable for adults for long drives..

Linea has the next best steering in a C2 sedan

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots..like..this.

Last edited by bblost : 24th November 2020 at 14:13. Reason: Mod Note.
Old 10th January 2021, 20:44   #634
BHPian

I am facing this issue for the first time in my linea tjet. It's a new Fiat linea 2014 emotion variant.

I had been on a day long trip on highway. Whenever I turned the steering, the action was not smooth. Not sure how to describe. Will try my best to explain. It was turning but at times with a hint of millisecond pauses while turning. What would be the cause of this kind of motion. Never faced this in 6 years. Have ensured proper servicing over the years.

Any ideas what would be the reason. Is this to do with the hydraulic setup? or some other steering issue?

Last edited by SSD2122 : 10th January 2021 at 20:46.
Old 10th January 2021, 23:11   #635
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

SSD122 , have you checked whether there is enough hydaulic fluid in reservoir ?
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 12:30   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
SSD122 , have you checked whether there is enough hydaulic fluid in reservoir ?
Thanks @venkyhere for the suggestion. I found it to be ok. Took the tjet to local FNG and we found that 2 tyres were deformed due to which this unusual wobbling was felt on the steering. These were stock tyres and it has been 6 years and time has come to replace them.
Old 4th May 2021, 13:05   #637
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,

Facing a new issue regarding AC unit. In Jan 2021 I had taken my parents to a nearby retreat to relax for 2 days since they were home for many months due to the pandemic. Our cottage was isolated with excellent safety measures, sanitization, sprays etc...The parking there had lot of trees and with shedding of leaves, most of the cars parked were covered with them including my car. On the day when we checked out, I cleared all the leaves and twigs which had covered it for 2 days.

The moment I started the AC, got a mild burnt smell coming from the vents for only few initial minutes. Later there was no such smell. Also only the blower was throwing air, although I pressed the AC button, AC was not working. These findings were a bit of a surprise. So drove home without AC.

Got an appointment for yearly servicing with Sky Moto at Pune, Akurdi. Explained them the issue. They checked and said that maybe there was no gas and this sometimes happens with the car being 6 years old. I was a bit skeptical. They filled up the gas, AC was working fine. The burnt smell had not gone though. It still was there for the initial few mins. SA said it could be dust or so as they did not find anything of concern.

After a month or so, I am in the same problem. That burnt smell does come up as soon as click on the AC button. Also only air is blown by the fan as whatever gas was filled up at the Service station seems to have leaked. So here I am now back to square one. Luckily did not have to take her out due to lockdown.

Can anyone throw idea on all of this?. I have never faced any issue with AC until now. By the way, yearly servicing was done quite well and have a very good experience at Sky Moto, Akurdi.

Stay at home unless absolutely necessary! Stay safe!

Last edited by SSD2122 : 4th May 2021 at 13:12.
Old 4th May 2021, 13:18   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
Hello Bhpians,

That burnt smell does come up as soon as click on the AC button. Also only air is blown by the fan as whatever gas was filled up at the Service station seems to have leaked.
There seems to be a "hidden" or microscopic leak in the HVAC plumbing which is causing the gas to escape. Usually the HVAC system is a closed unit and no gas is supposed to leak (like the refrigerator in your home).

Request the service centre or a knowledgeable independent AC repair guy:
1) To run a leak test
2) Check all , and i mean all the "O"-rings thoroughly
3) Top up the AC compressor oil
4) Address whatever concern areas from 1), 2) and 3) ; recharge with AC refrigerant and run the vehicle.
5) If it still persists: the open up the dashboard and run a thorough check of the evaporator coil behind the dashboard to check for leaks and fixation of any potential issues.

Make sure, if they open up the dash, that all things are put back in the same reverse order. Our great mechanics often tend to get inattentive and callous and not put back some screws/fasteners/connectors/couplers etc which will then lead to irritating rattles or worse some other component, particularly in the Linea, the music system/bluetooth not functioning properly.

Best of luck!
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 13:59   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
There seems to be a "hidden" or microscopic leak in the HVAC plumbing which is causing the gas to escape. Usually the HVAC system is a closed unit and no gas is supposed to leak (like the refrigerator in your home).
@arjab thank you for a prompt and detailed response. I will get these points checked and addressed. What do you think of this burnt smell though. In fact when they filled up the gas, still that burnt smell was there initially. My guess is that maybe this is a separate issue and not linked with AC.
Old 4th May 2021, 16:37   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
What do you think of this burnt smell though. In fact when they filled up the gas, still that burnt smell was there initially. My guess is that maybe this is a separate issue and not linked with AC.
Maybe some insulating foam somewhere in the plumbing has chafed off. Those kind of stuff does emanate unpleasant odours which keep on lingering. Get the dashboard "AC on/off" switch checked. Sometimes due to ageing loose contact/sparking happens when one presses the button to turn the HVAC on.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 11:03   #641
BHPian

Not sure if this is the right thread for my kind of question. I had seen a similar question but that was ~2 years ago. I have a 2016 Linea Diesel. Though i am not unhappy, i would be looking to replace it in the next 1 year or so. What are the real upgrades from Linea?

Options i have considered:
Jeep Compass (not over the budget but i don't like spending this much on cars)
Creta or clones (not upto my taste)
XUV 500
Second hand SUVs (mostly Hyundai Tucson)

Options i have rejected outight:
2020 Thar
Honda cars

Not sure whether the Kushaq will be a worthy upgrade, please help. I am prepared to go all the way to 20-22.
Old 10th May 2021, 23:52   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsandeep View Post
What are the real upgrades from Linea?

Options i have considered:
Jeep Compass (not over the budget but i don't like spending this much on cars)
Creta or clones (not upto my taste)
XUV 500
Second hand SUVs (mostly Hyundai Tucson)
I am prepared to go all the way to 20-22.
Looks like you are inclined towards SUV's.

You can consider Harrier if nothing against Tata.
XUV500 new generation is on the verge of launch and its gonna be a bit more expensive. I suppose you will have to spend around 25 Lacs to get mid variant.
You can consider T-Roc from VW as well.

Tucson also is quite old and new generation is around the corner.

Also, no decent sedans in D1 segment except Elantra in 20-25 lac range.

Compass is the best of lot for driving pleasure.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 08:48   #643
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsandeep View Post
Not sure whether the Kushaq will be a worthy upgrade, please help. I am prepared to go all the way to 20-22.
There you have the answer for replacing a Fiat Linea. Skoda Rapid as low as 9.5L on road to Kushaq at around 15L budget (guessing here) with 6 years warranty and 4 years service guarantee package. These are obvious choices here at less budget. As such for a Linea MJD 5 years is nothing. You can own it for another decade with cheap maintenance costs.

Last edited by KPR : 11th May 2021 at 09:03.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 16:44   #644
BHPian

My Linea T Jet (2014) crossed 80,000kms last week (from October 2014).
Returned after a 1500km trip to Kerala 3 days back.

Today, after driving for about a km from home, the engine light came on and a message displayed asking me to 'check engine'.
I also felt a 'jerking' feeling while driving.
I stopped the car, went out and checked - there was no abnormal noise. The engine warning light was still on.
Switched off the engine and restarted after a minute and the warning had disappeared!
I drove another km or so without any events or the warning light coming on.

What could be the problem?

Should I be taking my car to the service centre [150 kms away! :-( ]
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:21   #645
BHPian

Does anyone have the part number for the this part (marked in image) in the Linea / Punto Evo center console? Thanks in advance.

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-inkedmissingpart1_li.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks