Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2015, 11:54   #196
Team-BHP Support

re: Platinum Grey VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!

Hi fellow Jetta owners, insurance gurus,

Need advice/guidance on insurance renewal. The insurance for my Jetta is coming up for renewal on 1st April. I have got the following quote from Bajaj Alliance.

Basic Insurance - INR 19,903
Drive Assure Economy - INR 35,732
Drive Assure Elite - INR 51,561

The features of the the above policy types are in the pictures attached below.

Basic Insurance
Platinum Grey VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-basic-insurance.jpg

Drive Assure Economy
Platinum Grey VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-drive-assure-economy.jpg

Drive Assure Elite
Platinum Grey VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-drive-assure-elite.jpg

Over the basic insurance, Drive Assure Economy has zero depreciation and engine and gearbox protector. Drive Assure Elite also covers the alloys and vehicle replacement.

Here are some questions:
1. Should I just go with Drive Assure Elite for peace of mind?
2. Is Drive Assure Economy value for money?
3. Fellow Jetta owners, how much did you pay when renewing the policy? Did you stick to the same insurance provider from the dealer or did you switch to a different provider? Or did you get a lower quote from another insurance provider and got a price match?

Thanks in advance for all the help.
Old 23rd March 2015, 14:00   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Hi fellow Jetta owners, insurance gurus,

Need advice/guidance on insurance renewal. The insurance for my Jetta is coming up for renewal on 1st April. I have got the following quote from Bajaj Alliance.

Basic Insurance - INR 19,903
Drive Assure Economy - INR 35,732
Drive Assure Elite - INR 51,561

The features of the the above policy types are in the pictures attached below.

Over the basic insurance, Drive Assure Economy has zero depreciation and engine and gearbox protector. Drive Assure Elite also covers the alloys and vehicle replacement.

Here are some questions:
1. Should I just go with Drive Assure Elite for peace of mind?
2. Is Drive Assure Economy value for money?
3. Fellow Jetta owners, how much did you pay when renewing the policy? Did you stick to the same insurance provider from the dealer or did you switch to a different provider? Or did you get a lower quote from another insurance provider and got a price match?

Thanks in advance for all the help.
Not a Jetta owner, but a Vento owner. I had the drive assure economy package from the dealer. For the first year renewal also I went with Drive Assure Economy. Would definitely recommend a Zero Dep policy (which ever the provider). When I shopped around, thee were other companies providing similar package at lower rates, but they were not drastically different (As opposed to a new car insurance where there is a huge difference between what the dealer offers and what is offered outside). So I continued with Bajaj Allianz.

I also directly renewed from the website as opposed to renewing via the dealership contacts.

Note: The difference between the basic and the Drive Assure Economy seems quite high. In my case, if I remember right, the basic was ~16,000 and the economy was ~5000 more (For a Vento).
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 14:26   #198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Not a Jetta owner, but a Vento owner. I had the drive assure economy package from the dealer. For the first year renewal also I went with Drive Assure Economy. Would definitely recommend a Zero Dep policy (which ever the provider). When I shopped around, thee were other companies providing similar package at lower rates, but they were not drastically different (As opposed to a new car insurance where there is a huge difference between what the dealer offers and what is offered outside). So I continued with Bajaj Allianz.

I also directly renewed from the website as opposed to renewing via the dealership contacts.

Note: The difference between the basic and the Drive Assure Economy seems quite high. In my case, if I remember right, the basic was ~16,000 and the economy was ~5000 more (For a Vento).
Hi Rajeevraj,
Thank you for the feedback. If there is not going to be much difference in premium, I think I too will stay with Bajaj Allianz. My only dilemma is whether I should go with the Drive Assure Economy or Premium option and if the Premium option is worth the additional 16K. I will consider this for a couple of more days and then choose one of the options.
Old 24th March 2015, 19:05   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rajeevraj,
Thank you for the feedback. If there is not going to be much difference in premium, I think I too will stay with Bajaj Allianz. My only dilemma is whether I should go with the Drive Assure Economy or Premium option and if the Premium option is worth the additional 16K. I will consider this for a couple of more days and then choose one of the options.
If I am not mistaken the website renewal option allows you to opt for the accident cover as an add on and also specify the sum assured. You can check if you can opt for only the vehicle replacement option and remove the accident cover. Or reduce the accident cover to say 100,000. So kind of best of both worlds.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 18:54   #200
Team-BHP Support

Update on insurance renewal:

I continued with Bajaj Allianz and opted for Drive Assure Elite Economy package with zero depreciation cover at a premium of 35.7K.

Thank you Rajeevraj for sharing your experience with the renewal which helped me a lot.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 19:47   #201
Team-BHP Support

15000km oil change service update

15000km oil change service update:

Got the 15000km oil change service done on the Jetta. The discussion about diesel filter and AC disinfectant in Karan's thread helped a lot. Mid last week, fixed an appointment for Monday (13th April) morning. However, as my weekend travel got extended by a couple of days had to reschedule the service for Wednesday morning. Took the car to the dealer at 10AM, and within 5 minutes a service adviser was with me. He explained me the list of things that will be done on the car.

1. General service like checking brakes, inspection of under body, engine bay, checking fluid levels etc.
2. Change oil
3. Change oil filter, pollen filter and air filter. He confirmed that diesel filter is required to be changed only during 30K service
4. AC disinfectant. I politely declined this. He tried to convince me the advantage of doing this, but I still declined and he agreed it is not required and struck it off the list.
5. Wheel alignment and balance. Though I could get this done outside for Rs.500 less, the place is about 20km away from home and I have been procastinating for the past 2 months. So, I decided get it done at the dealer instead of not doing at all.

Though I have been regularly washing and waxing the car, there was some roughness on the paint surface. So I decided to get a professional paint protection done. The biege carpets were very dirty which justified an interior cleaning as well. So, I asked them to do paint protection and interior cleaning. The estimate was 19.5K.

Regular Oil change service - 11K
Paint protection (optional) - 5K
Interior cleaning (optional) - 2.3K
Wheel alignment and balancing (optional) - 1.3K

They promised delivery on Thursday afternoon. As promised, got a call at 11:00 that the car is ready. The final amount was 17,467. Following is the final breakup.

Mandatory oil/filter change and service cost - 8,529
Paint protection - 5,041
Interior cleaning (Germ Kleen) - 2,369
Wheel alignment, balancing and weights - 1,528

Total - 17,467

Leaving out the optional services, I feel the 8.5K for the regular service is very nominal for a 23L car. 30K service may be more expensive as there may be many other things like diesel filter, brake pads etc to change.

Platinum Grey VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-jetta-service-invoice_edited.jpg

The car was shining and as new as it was a year back. The biege carpets were also as good as new. Overall a very satisfactory experience. Hope the car continues to perform as it is now, and the dealers continue to give this level of service for years to come.

A few pictures of the Jetta.

Platinum Grey VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-dsc01232.jpg

Platinum Grey VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-dsc01233.jpg

Platinum Grey VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-dsc01239.jpg

A few other points:
1. Strangely, I did not get a service reminder message on the MID. I told the service adviser while leaving the car and he checked the MID and told me that during the 7.5K general inspection, instead of clearing the 7.5K service reminder, they had wrongly cleared the 15K service reminder. While taking delivery, I confirmed that the reminder for 30K service is active.
2. The small plastic screw that holds the dead pedal had fallen off a few months back. I was able to plug it back in place, but it was loose. They have ordered this part and will let me know when it arrives. Meanwhile, they have put another almost similar plastic screw to hold the dead pedal.
graaja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 02:14   #202
BHPian

@graaja just wanted to say that your Jetta looks beautiful.
Doesn't look like a car that has done 15000 kms in Indian road conditions.
sleepyk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 11:31   #203
Senior - BHPian

Hello graaja,

Must say you have maintained the car really well, i was always a fan of the grey colour but endedup getting the tempest blue metallic, Its good to see you had a good response from the service center,which unfortunately i dint with my 15k service few days back, also can you please confirm about the left side mirror going down while putting the car in reverse?

Thanks,
Tanveer.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 17:52   #204
Senior - BHPian

Hiya!

Good to hear you learnt my mistakes and saved about 4.5-5k on the whole. Any particular reason for going with the dealer for the interior/exterior detailing jobs other than it being in the interest of saving time?

And yes, the car is looking lovely. Looks mint condition!
iliketurtles is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 19:59   #205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyk View Post
@graaja just wanted to say that your Jetta looks beautiful.
Doesn't look like a car that has done 15000 kms in Indian road conditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Hello graaja,
Must say you have maintained the car really well..
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
And yes, the car is looking lovely. Looks mint condition!
Thanks for the appreciation! Learnt a lot from the dedicated threads on detailing, and also from other member's ownership threads. This helped in maintaining the car in good condition. The new look is mainly due to the detailing job done at the dealer's place.

Quote:
Hello graaja,
...also can you please confirm about the left side mirror going down while putting the car in reverse?
Yes. When reverse gear is engaged, the left side mirror goes down. But you need to first set this up. Engage reverse gear, and then using the mirror adjustment knob, bring down the mirror to the required level. Once this is done, everytime you engage reverse gear, the mirror will go down to the set position. When you engage forward drive and the car crosses 15kph speed, the mirror will straighten up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Any particular reason for going with the dealer for the interior/exterior detailing jobs other than it being in the interest of saving time?
Yes. This was purely in the interest of saving time. There is a 3M detailing outlet, but that is very far from my place. I have been planning to take the car there for the past 3 months, but could not manage to do so due to a busy work schedule. Same with the wheel balancing as well - the tire shop is far from my place as well. So, I decided to pay the premium and get these things done at the dealers than not doing them at all.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 20:57   #206
Senior - BHPian

Now i really dint knew that, thanks for this update, ill try it tomrrow first thing, my car was at the service centre past 3 days for this issue that the mirror doesnt go down, the people are service center had openedup the mirror etc and they did not find any fault in anything but the mirror down function never worked, they have escalated the issue with VW and by the time they would respond the car was sent back to me,
One more thing does the left side mirror adjusts/takes time to move? For me the right side mirror moves really quick to the respond but the left side really takes time :(

Thanks
Tanveer
Old 17th April 2015, 21:58   #207
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One more thing does the left side mirror adjusts/takes time to move? For me the right side mirror moves really quick to the respond but the left side really takes time :(

Thanks
Tanveer
I cant quantify how fast the mirror moves while adjusting, but it definitely moves slow. However, both the right and left mirrors move at the same speed.

Why don't you provide more details of the problem (or even a video)? Also, if you post this problem in the Jetta official review thread, there may be more people responding to the question and you may find a good solution.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 22:13   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I cant quantify how fast the mirror moves while adjusting, but it definitely moves slow. However, both the right and left mirrors move at the same speed.

Why don't you provide more details of the problem (or even a video)? Also, if you post this problem in the Jetta official review thread, there may be more people responding to the question and you may find a good solution.
Ill be soon posting my ownership thread, will mention the problem there as well, let me just try the setup you gave tomorrow if even that doesnt help ill post it in the jetta official thread as well.

thanks for the prompt replies, wish you many happy miles with the amazing jetta.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 16:34   #209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
... let me just try the setup you gave tomorrow if even that doesnt help ill post it in the jetta official thread as well.
Were you able to get the automatic mirror dip function work?
Old 21st April 2015, 02:17   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Were you able to get the automatic mirror dip function work?

Hello graaja, tried it today and its working like a charm and is really usefull as well, thanks a lot for the help the people at VW service centre too dint have an idea about it, and infact while removing and putting back the mirror assembly they screwedup the wiring for the front left door's window switch, so the button doesnt lit up now nor works,
Will have to take the car to the service centre for that issue now.
Im really glad though the mirror dip function is working as it should. Thanks again

Regards
Tanveer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks