Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2014, 16:43   #61
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep

Dear BHPians,

What happens to the tubeless puncture sealing strip which is inserted inside the tyre ?

I often wonder & while the black ones do disappear or gel with the Tire texture & color, nowdays we have light brown ones.
These brown colored ones do not disappear easily and you can find the spot even after a month.
Moreover my tyre had repair on the outerwall & it makes the matter worse.

So shouldn't we go for black sealing strips ?
Old 2nd September 2014, 10:45   #62
BHPian

10000 Mark in 14 months, not much but no less either.

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img2014082500155.jpg
I had been waiting for rains to take out the Fortuner for a highway Paratha drive to Murthal but no rains till Sunday morning.

Lost hope and decided to install the fender mirror and scuff plate at local Noida accessories Shop, only to be greeted by heavy rains but it was too late for Paratha. Lets see what happens next Sunday.

So far I was reluctant to go for scuff plate as Toyota install them on the door floor moulding itself. See picture below (taken from Toyota)
This served no good as the damage (scratch/paint chip-off) is done at lower part which is exposed to shoes.
Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-scuffplate1.jpg

But than in one of the Fortuner I saw that Scuff plate can be installed on lower part and provide the required protection and decided to go for it.

This is what I got

Scuff Plate
Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img20140901wa004.jpg

Fender Mirror
Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img20140901wa001.jpg

Now looks better and different.
Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img20140901wa002.jpg

Cost
Scuff Plate: Rs. 600
Fender Mirror: Rs 1500

Quality of Fender Mirror
-Imported from Taiwan.
-Color quality at par with Toyota Genuine Accessories (which also comes from Taiwan)
- Finishing of mating surface (Bracket): Not at par with Toyota

- Quality of Installation: Not Good (subjective to this shop workmanship). However the difference is visible only to microscopic eyes & owners.

Do not go for local fender mirror, if your car color is anything other than black & white.
As it is imported in only 2 colors. (same with Toyota, See their accessories rate card).
So if it has to be painted, make sure it is done at Toyota.
Old 1st December 2014, 16:09   #63
BHPian

Hi

Updating the thread after long time.
Meanwhile we had one big trip in October, when went to Baroda. I must say the car gave one of the best performance on mileage and load carrying capacity concurrently. Received 13+ mileage overall. (Average as recorded in MID)

We covered Chittorgarh on way back.
Details of Chittorgarh visit at link below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ittorgarh.html

However since last 1 month, did not drive Fortuner as its younger brother (Swift Vxi) got replaced by Fuel efficient Grand i10 Diesel. We still have the Swift but with my Dad now.

Grand i10- The brotherhood

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0045.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0042.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0046.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0047.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0055.jpg

Driven Grand 1250 Km in last 1 month, while Fortuner only 350 KM.

With Fortuner approaching its 6 monthly service interval, it will once again take the front stage, while the Grand waits for it First Free service at 1500 KM.

Well, the competition does exist but only in mileage.
Seeing Grand giving 19-20 KM/L without A/c, the great Fortuner is now recording 15.4 KM/L during couple of Noida-Gurgaon office drive.
Competition is good & healthy.

Last edited by Wanderers : 1st December 2014 at 16:12.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 13:04   #64
BHPian

Hi

Car & Camera goes hand in glove. A Journey without Camera is like a silent era films. Pictures do speak a thousand words. I was looking for a DSLR, a basic one, since a year and finally managed to get hands on Canon 100D. Did not buy the additional 55-250 Zoom Lens (Now I feel its a must get one).

Thanks Samba & Predatorwheelz for your useful suggestions.
Did try my hands but lot to learn and buy.

Some of the pictures from Okhla Bird Sanctuary Visit.

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0015.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0014.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0016.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0026.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0031.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0032.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0037.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0059.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0060.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0061.jpg

Truly, I have Miles to go but surely that many opportunity to learn as well.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 21:32   #65
BHPian

Long time, no updates.
How's the Fortuner doing ?
Old 27th November 2015, 10:43   #66
BHPian

Hi

Presently, we are using Fortuner only for out of city long distance drives and holidays.

In 2015, the car did the round trips to Sariska, Kasauli & Chail, Ajmer & Puskar and Baroda.

It has been almost 3-1/2 years and the car has logged about 22000 km.
Looking back I surely miss the auto transmission and probably one of the reasons for being driven less.

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0556.jpg
Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0546.jpg

Early morning on the DnD

Some of the pictures from rides this year.

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0343.jpg
Driving inside Sariska

Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0833.jpg
Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0834.jpg
Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep-img_0835.jpg

Beautiful location at Chail

Last edited by Wanderers : 27th November 2015 at 10:46.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 14:17   #67
BHPian

Finally the time has come to say good bye to my beloved Fortuner.
It has been spotless 4 years and I must admit Toyota is another name for reliability. Never failed me on all long distance travels done so far.
Not an extra rupee spent on break-down, accident or unscheduled repair.

Thank You Dear.
I hope your successor will be a worthy contender.
3.2 4X4 AT Titanium
COMING SOON !
Wanderers is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 12:07   #68
LJP

Can you share the link please for buying the OG fender mirror?
Old 11th September 2023, 12:48   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJP View Post
Can you share the link please for buying the OG fender mirror?

Plenty of them are available on Amazon. Make sure you buy for the correct Fortuner model/generation, depending upon which model you have. For old model please see link below.

https://amzn.eu/d/dfJxtwC

Last edited by Wanderers : 11th September 2023 at 12:50.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks