Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2014, 13:46   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Autobiography of a Mahindra XUV500 - Satin White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Why was your reverse camera eccentricity fitted(saw it on another xuv 500 too, hence there must be a reason)?
I noticed this only after it was mentioned here and frankly I would have fitted the reverse cam a little below in the black portion of the bumper. Was there any reason why you did not do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
The glitch with this is that these things changes from state to state. Also, the clarity and transparency varies from one to another.
I am soon expecting a re location and I am sure gonna trouble the RTO there.
I agree this differs from state to state but there must be some rule for every state. I do not believe that some states can be completely silent on this subject as it would effect almost all the states. On the transperency aspect I would say that these are effected by seperate notifications and many of them are not available on the net because they are very old. But if you use the RTI you may get a clear picture of the rule.

Yes, I read you are relocating to Goa, maybe we'll meet there in Sept.

Quote:
Mr D did not opt for AWD because, he does not intend doing offroading. Atleast that's the case as of now.
Dhanush, the AWD of the XUV does not allow you to go for offroading, you'll need a 4x4 system for that, but the AWD certainly allows you to tread a little further than the sedans or the hatches. Like the sand dunes on a desert or on snow in the hills or slushy/ muddy road or crossing a narrow stream etc. It allows you to push the car to such places or in such situations where you can never think to take your Figo.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 02:47   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am very happy that my recital could motivate some people to finalise their decisions. I also hope that I could impress enough the importance of W8 too.
Happy motoring.
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Few more questions for you

1) What is your take on the gear lever slotting, is it vague or slots perfectly?
2) I have noticed that the paint on gear lever knob fading overtime?
Has this been corrected?
3)Please give your view on the vagueness of the steering wheel, in comparison to the Figo or Ecosport.

that dusters and the Ecosports are crossovers and not SUVs
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 07:23   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
The projectors are for low beam. Halogens are for high beam.

Attachment 1235820
Thanks J Ravi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
I noticed this only after it was mentioned here and frankly I would have fitted the reverse cam a little below in the black portion of the bumper. Was there any reason why you did not do that.
By the time Mr D reached the showroom to pick me up for delivery, they had already drilled my posterior.
I mean, the bumper.
The damage could not be undone.
So, Mr D have to live with it.

Quote:
I agree this differs from state to state but if you use the RTI you may get a clear picture of the rule.
Shall try that path.
Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Yes, I read you are relocating to Goa, maybe we'll meet there in Sept.
Sure so. If I reach there before that.

Quote:
Dhanush, the AWD of the XUV does not allow you to go for offroading, you'll need a 4x4 system for that, but the AWD certainly allows you to tread a little further than the sedans or the hatches. Like the sand dunes on a desert or on snow in the hills or slushy/ muddy road or crossing a narrow stream etc. It allows you to push the car to such places or in such situations where you can never think to take your Figo.
I did not know that you need a separate system for off roading.
Actually, not my field of interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Few more questions for you

1) What is your take on the gear lever slotting, is it vague or slots perfectly?
2) I have noticed that the paint on gear lever knob fading overtime?
Has this been corrected?
3)Please give your view on the vagueness of the steering wheel, in comparison to the Figo or Ecosport.
1) Gear lever slotting isn't as precise at the Fords. However, way better than Scorpio and Innova.
2) I have not faced this issue yet of gear lever knob fading.
I am not that old too. Just a little over five months, you know.
May be someone who has been running an elder brother for a longer duration can comment.
3) Figo, Punto and Ecosport have precise and spot on steering.
Though I am not so sharp, I do not lack so much in precision nor the ease in handling.
I would actually feel offended if someone says that my steering feels vague. It definitely isn't so.
Of course you cannot compare me to a hatchback or a crossover, which are made for handling. But, within that limit, I dont run out of control too. Mr D says that I turn to wherever he wishes me to go and give good feedback to the essence of driving.
All in all, Mr D is happy how I handles with respect to the size; and I think at the end, happiness and satisfaction is all that matters.
dhanushmenon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 08:27   #64
M35
BHPian

Congrats Dhanush on the XUV and glad that you have chosen the W8 availing the entire range of features on offer, the integral safety technology in particular.

XUV looks majestic in White, the second best in the choice of colours for me, Black being my favourite, the decoration with body strips isn’t to my liking though.

Not many SUV/MUVs, even up to say Rs.30 Lac are as well-equipped as the XUV500 in terms features. It has Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic brake-force Distribution (EBD), Rollover Mitigation and Traction Control, Hill hold and Hill assist, 4-wheel disc brakes etc during the “safe driving and any tricky situation” phase and 6-AirBags in the event of an unfortunate incident for the occupant’s safety. Just to nitpick, what it might lack is “an emergency call system” in the event of an unfortunate incident.

Fantastic write up with some wonderful pictures.
Wishing you many more miles of safe yet exciting ownership.
Thanks for sharing.
M35 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 11:08   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Congrats Dhanush on the XUV and glad that you have chosen the W8 availing the entire range of features on offer, the integral safety technology in particular.

Just to nitpick, what it might lack is “an emergency call system” in the event of an unfortunate incident.

Fantastic write up with some wonderful pictures.
Wishing you many more miles of safe yet exciting ownership.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks M35.
Yes, an emregency call system like in the Ecosport would have been good.
Thanks again for your very kind words
Old 1st May 2014, 11:32   #66
BHPian

Quote:
A polaroid glass solves the issue for Mr D. However, he intends to get CF stickering done as and when time permits.
The DIY expert Kochi Bhpian rajoy123 has already been roped in for this with sweet words and plentiful smiles.

Well... I would only say:
"May sanity prevail!!"
Hello Mr.D's beauty!

Don't worry regarding the light-reflection off the center console, i ll wrap it up in either CF or matte-black decal (sanity prevails ), and Mr.D can take you to different places more often.

I am also planning to upgrade my swift, and the XUV is in the list, so will keep my eyes open on how you behave in the kochi monsoon.

PS: can i call you, "Hurricane-Dove"?
rajoy123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 12:26   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajoy123 View Post
Hello Mr.D's beauty!

Don't worry regarding the light-reflection off the center console, i ll wrap it up in either CF or matte-black decal (sanity prevails ), and Mr.D can take you to different places more often.

I am also planning to upgrade my swift, and the XUV is in the list, so will keep my eyes open on how you behave in the kochi monsoon.

PS: can i call you, "Hurricane-Dove"?
Happy to know that sanity prevails and the so called German flags wouldn't find its way to me.
I hope to tackle Kochi monsoons nicely.
Let's see what rain Gods has in store against me.

And, Hurricane Dove?
Really?
Old 1st May 2014, 16:56   #68

Congratulations on purchase of XUV 500 dhanush jee. Your write up is very elaborative and informative. Even minor details are covered in this. Your kids are lovely. My younger son also like the last seat of our Scorpio just like your lovely little doll. Once again congratulations and long, secure happy miles.
rajeevkmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 19:09   #69
BHPian

Its very Good that you penned your own autobiography. XUV oh oh , it makes for a interesting read . Tell your owner that we liked his unique style of writing . Rated this thread 5 star.

Happy Journey !! if you had to suggest Mr D , what name would you like it to be ....
Kool_Kid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 09:45   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevkmr View Post
Congratulations on purchase of XUV 500 dhanush jee. Your write up is very elaborative and informative. Even minor details are covered in this. Your kids are lovely. My younger son also like the last seat of our Scorpio just like your lovely little doll. Once again congratulations and long, secure happy miles.
Thanks rajeevkmr.
Yes, the third row is a delight for the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Its very Good that you penned your own autobiography. XUV oh oh , it makes for a interesting read . Tell your owner that we liked his unique style of writing . Rated this thread 5 star.

Happy Journey !! if you had to suggest Mr D , what name would you like it to be ....
Thanks Kool_kid for your kind words.
I would like him to call me "The Civilized Beast".
But, Mahindra Armada sometime back had similar name I think
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 09:19   #71
Senior - BHPian

This is the first time I read a ownership thread without losing interest in the content Rated the thread a well deserved 5 Star.

Appreciate your writing style and congratulations for the XUV.
pulsar56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 11:44   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks pulsar.

Glad you liked it.
Going for a long drive within a month.

Shall update the thread with details
Old 7th May 2014, 12:07   #73
BHPian

Quote:
I also hope that I could impress enough the importance of W8 too.
Yes you did , however I am still confused between FWD and AWD, most of the drive is going to be in the city and highways, its going to be very mininal offroading or snow driving. Question is do i need to spend that extra 1.5 lakhs for unknown adventure that might occur once in a year.
Old 7th May 2014, 15:25   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillaian View Post
Yes you did , however I am still confused between FWD and AWD, most of the drive is going to be in the city and highways, its going to be very mininal offroading or snow driving. Question is do i need to spend that extra 1.5 lakhs for unknown adventure that might occur once in a year.
In my opinion, you need not go for AWD if you intend driving mainly in city limits of highways.
Also please refer to the post as quoted below by Sommos.
He says that the AWD of XUV does not allow for offroading.

Quote:

dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 16:06   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillaian View Post
In that case you may not go for the AWD for not only the cost but also the complexity of the AWD system and obviously a higher maintenance cost involved.

Dhanush, the XUV is actually a mild offroader unlike the offroading done by the old fashioned jeeps. The AWD system is different from the four-wheel-drive or 4x4 vehicles that are used in extreme off-road situation.

However, the AWD had the following benefits :-
# Provides increased grip and control in all road condition.
# Gives sportier handling and traction.

Last edited by Sommos : 7th May 2014 at 16:10.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks