Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2014, 16:42   #16
BHPian

Re: My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Where are the alloys and the side protectors? Or did you not get the car under this particular offer?

Oh yes, and congrats
No worries revintup. Will get that done on Friday this week.
Old 25th July 2014, 11:29   #17
BHPian

Have given the car to the dealer today for adding the preferred package. The reception today was far from satisfactory. Though I had the appointment fixed days earlier, I was made to wait for about 30 minutes. I was also initially doubtful whether the person responsible knows what to do.
He finally cleared my doubts and said everything will be done as per the original deal and the car will be ready by 4:00 pm today.
So, another wait begins!

An another note: On the way, I checked the pressure on the tires and was a bit shocked to see them at 40 PSI at the front. The rear had 11PSI on one tire and 30 on the other. It was my error that I hadn't checked this as soon as i got the car.
It now has 33 on all tires.
Old 25th July 2014, 12:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
An another note: On the way, I checked the pressure on the tires and was a bit shocked to see them at 40 PSI at the front. The rear had 11PSI on one tire and 30 on the other. It was my error that I hadn't checked this as soon as i got the car.
Glad you corrected the tyre pressures. 40 PSI is way too high at the front and if you have driven it on any bad patches during your 2000kms drives so far, you would have felt something amiss immediately. Did you not feel any bumpiness/hard suspension like feeling during driving on bad roads? Also the steering would have felt lighter and braking a bit late. Anyways, good learning for fellow new car buyers to check air pressure the moment you drive out of showroom.

PS: The tyre with 11 PSI, please check it again after a week or so when you refuel just for peace of mind to ensure there is no slow leakage of air etc.
abhinav.s is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 12:33   #19
BANNED

Quote:

This is a regular practice by all dealers as the car will be standing still at their yard. If the correct pressure is maintained (32 psi) then by the time the car reaches the customer it will go low. Lazy dealers who skip the PSI part. Just wash it and stick the ribbons.

I have stopped arguing with them on this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Glad you corrected the tyre pressures. 40 PSI is way too high at the front

When I did the PDI for my Swift, the tyre pressure in all 5 tyres were 51 psi. The car was feeling it is high and on heels.

Brought it down to F = 33 psi and R = 31 psi.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 12:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Did you not feel any bumpiness/hard suspension like feeling during driving on bad roads?
PS: The tyre with 11 PSI, please check it again after a week or so when you refuel just for peace of mind to ensure there is no slow leakage of air etc.
Thanks abhinav, I didn't feel it earlier, but after I returned to Bangalore, I felt it. The ride was becoming harsh.
The rear tire pressure is worrying me. But, I will wait for a week and test again.
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 12:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
When I did the PDI for my Swift, the tyre pressure in all 5 tyres were 51 psi. The car was feeling it is high and on heels.
Brought it down to F = 33 psi and R = 31 psi.
You are right when it comes to the logic of maintaining high PSI by the dealers since vehicles stand in the lot for quite a duration. This is done even by the bike dealers. And man 51 PSI!! No wonder it felt like it was on high heels!! But good you caught it in PDI and dropped it to correct pressures.
Old 28th July 2014, 11:01   #22
BHPian

On Friday last week, the accessories were added. Just managed a click before the hectic weekend coming up. More clear pictures will be added this week.

My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-img_20140725_183716.jpg

After another 670KM journey from Bangalore to Nagercoil. This time, I started late, hence this mileage was after a bit of hard driving.
Crossed 3000KM in the process, that is in about 15 days.

My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-img_20140727_213814.jpg
Old 30th July 2014, 11:56   #23
BHPian

Some more pictures of my Polo at home.

My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-polo-002.jpg

My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-polo-003.jpg

My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-polo-011.jpg

The seat covers(part of the preferred package):-
My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-polo-008.jpg

My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-polo-007.jpg

The Parrot Bluetooth Device. Have to give it full marks for its user-friendliness and call clarity.
My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-polo-013.jpg

and its power source.
My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-polo-014.jpg

The fixed floor mats, easy on the legs as well
My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-polo-016.jpg

The door protectors and alloys
My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-polo-022.jpg
Old 30th July 2014, 15:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Crossed 3000KM in the process, that is in about 15 days.
Woah aneezan, I was thinking that I was driving my GT a Lot for hitting 2k mark in 30 days !!

You just whizzed by me man. Awesome !!

Regarding the update/upgrades:

- Why have you been given the previous 'Polo' Alloys ? Were you informed about this ?

- I am assuming that these are the 15" Rims, so did you also get to change the tyres as well ?

- The seat upholstry looks a lot like the 'Milan' fabric found on GT's. Is this the similar one ?

Really fantastic mile munching so far and keep them crunching.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 16:26   #25
BHPian

Congrats aneezan, thats a great change coming from the alto. It is like you skipped a stage and went higher and got the polo. Get the OEM armrest, it is really useful for the driver on the highways. Drive Safe.

Regards
Suraj
psuraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 16:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Woah aneezan, I was thinking that I was driving my GT a Lot for hitting 2k mark in 30 days !!

You just whizzed by me man. Awesome !!

Regarding the update/upgrades:

- Why have you been given the previous 'Polo' Alloys ? Were you informed about this ?

- I am assuming that these are the 15" Rims, so did you also get to change the tyres as well ?

- The seat upholstry looks a lot like the 'Milan' fabric found on GT's. Is this the similar one ?

Really fantastic mile munching so far and keep them crunching.
Thanks a lot Vik. The numbers will only keep increasing. I think i shall cross 4000 by the 1 month mark. I have more highway travel coming up at the end of the week.

- The alloys are from the previous gen HL. This was part of the free package. I was aware of this.
- Yes, these are 15" wheels. These came standard on my Polo. I just had to change to the alloys. I too had the doubt with the tire size and hence compared them with the wheels of my relative's Polo comfortline, which is the previous gen. These are indeed bigger.
- Not sure if they are the same. Will check. But they look good. Also, I had a tough initial week keeping the original seats clean. The dirt on these come off easily.

Meanwhile, went a little easy on the throttle on a small trip between Nagercoil and Trivandrum two days back, and this is what I ended up with on the mileage near the end. Please excuse the shoddy camerawork. My wife had a tough time clicking this from the passenger seat.

My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-img20140730wa0002.jpg

26Km per liter. Things just keep getting better and better.

Last edited by aneezan : 30th July 2014 at 16:57.
Old 30th July 2014, 17:17   #27
BANNED

Quote:
That is a nice figure to see on the move. Soothes the eye (read brain) and the pocket too.

Any plans of upgrading the headlights? Are you satisfied with them BTW?

Congrats once again.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 23:52   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Awesome fig! Considering the traffic and road condition between Nagercoil and Trivandrum. By the way, what is the difference in FE when you compare with full tank-full tank method.
Old 31st July 2014, 08:45   #29
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! 26kmpl is awesome figures and you seem to be touring a lot in the Polo. Good timing on purchase of the car since you have managed to complete almost 4k in a month.
Old 31st July 2014, 12:42   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
That is a nice figure to see on the move. Soothes the eye (read brain) and the pocket too.

Any plans of upgrading the headlights? Are you satisfied with them BTW?

Congrats once again.

Anurag.
The headlights are not very good, though I haven't had trouble with them. Most of my travel has been during the day-time. I will have to change them sooner or later. Though I have to say the fogs are powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Awesome fig! Considering the traffic and road condition between Nagercoil and Trivandrum. By the way, what is the difference in FE when you compare with full tank-full tank method.
I did this route early in the morning, started from NGL at about 6:00 AM. The roads were bad, but i was able to dodge the bad patches since the traffic was very light. I only did a full tank once, before I started from Bangalore during my initial trip. So, I haven't checked the mileage through this method.

Quote:
Wow!! 26kmpl is awesome figures and you seem to be touring a lot in the Polo. Good timing on purchase of the car since you have managed to complete almost 4k in a month.
Thanks abhinav. I haven't completed 4k yet, but hope to complete it within the month mark.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks