Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2014, 16:41   #16
BHPian

Re: My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC

Congratulations Harry. Nice and detailed review and exhaustive pictures.
I really wanted scuff plates for my car, however, they were out of stock during delivery.

All the best and Keep crunching miles.
Old 6th August 2014, 17:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Congratulations Harry. Nice and detailed review and exhaustive pictures.
I really wanted scuff plates for my car, however, they were out of stock during delivery.

All the best and Keep crunching miles.
Thank you.
I didn't buy the scuff plates from dealer. He was giving it for 5k and that too only front ones would be illuminated. So bought them from eBay and all 4 doors are illuminated. Cost was 1300 and I paid 1100 after using discount coupon.
Old 6th August 2014, 18:27   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Thank you.
I didn't buy the scuff plates from dealer. He was giving it for 5k and that too only front ones would be illuminated. So bought them from eBay and all 4 doors are illuminated. Cost was 1300 and I paid 1100 after using discount coupon.
Hi Harry10.

Many congrats on owing the new Honda city.

Did you get the scuff plates installed at the dealer or from outside? If from outside, did you confirm from the dealer whether the warranty would end up being void?
Old 6th August 2014, 19:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidkeenlearner View Post

Hi Harry10.

Many congrats on owing the new Honda city.

Did you get the scuff plates installed at the dealer or from outside? If from outside, did you confirm from the dealer whether the warranty would end up being void?
Thank you..
Got it installed from outside. There is no warranty issue as no wires were cut or any modifications done.
Old 6th August 2014, 19:59   #20
BHPian

Congratulations once again harsh , the car looks excellent in white.
I Agree parking sensors are one of the vitals in new city but they are somehow the only accessory that has been pending for the longest time in my car.
Old 6th August 2014, 20:15   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you..
Got it installed from outside. There is no warranty issue as no wires were cut or any modifications done.
Harry,
Fantastic Review and congratulations on your tiger. Can you please share more details on how the connection was done like if Wire was spliced or connector was used, and where exactly was it joined, i.e right at the dome light or any wire near the door (under which body Panel?). Want to get this installed in my city but stopping just because local accessories store here wants to splice some wires which are running parallel to doors.
Old 6th August 2014, 20:18   #22
BHPian

Congratulations and straight from the heart, you have been in love with the City for the entire past decade, buying another car would be injustice to your heart, even another product from Honda like Amaze, good you just went ahead with the City irrespective of time, money etc, the day you drove it off from the showroom must have been super special, wish you miles and miles of good times with your loved one.
This is a love story with a happy ending, Bollywood style.
s_pphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 20:46   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to hear from another fellow City owner in town

I see Deepak Sehgal in your delivery image. This is the very same sales team that sold me my iDTEC V back in Feb. These guys also sold me the Jazz back in 2012.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 6th August 2014 at 21:04.
Old 6th August 2014, 21:42   #24
BHPian

Congratulations,awesome car,color and engine. Slightly off topic,I made a presentation on earth dreams engine for college.
Are you planning to change the wheels?Just my suggestion,a good set of alloys will look hot on your white city
Old 6th August 2014, 21:44   #25
BHPian

Congratulations !!!! Harry. White is the best looking even IMO.
I too initially thought of urban titanium however after seeing white in person changed my choice of color. I agree to your point that Sv is VFM.

Quote:

Integrated in the IRVM. Tells the distance and also voice commands to make sure rear parking is safe.
I never knew about this feature in the new city. I mean did you change that IVRM to accommodate this feature.Was this a part of the package from the parking sensors.It definitely looks nice though and does not effect the visibility.

Quote:
SV comes with these wheel covers. Really looks good and i daresay better than the ridiculous alloys in V and VX.
I too agree on this the wheel caps are definitely better looking.

Quote:

• Engine noise-There is a big difference in the engine noise of TD car and my car. Let’s say the noise is at least 40% less. It’s a July manufactured so probably Honda has done something to reduce engine noise in new batches. Of course it’s a diesel so a bit of noise will certainly creep in but if the music system is on you won’t even hear any engine noise. Not tested above 2k rpm yet.
Infact you highlighted this earlier as well on the official thread and I also found a news article sometime back from ACI which compliments your statement.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...er-389304.aspx

Quote:

In Nutshell it’s excellent for city driving and highway cruising but won’t win any awards in drag races.
spot on.

Quote:

• Suspension is on a stiffer side but ride quality is comfortable. It takes all small potholes with ease but you will the feel bigger ones. It could have been better.

• Ground clearance is very good. With 5 passengers and at least 120 kgs in the boot it never scraped on any speed breaker.
Infact you gave the reason for the stiffer suspension as well .

Overall very well written and I should admit no matter how much I would have criticized the car or Honda for their short comings and behavior , my heart is still firmly planted on this car and I too love it.

Drive safe and keep us updated. Thanks again.

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 6th August 2014, 23:21   #26
BHPian

Congrats on your new White Tiger. I wish you a very joyful and long ownership that would do full justice to the passion with which you have acquired her.

Your maiden venture at writing an ownership review needs special commendation and the photos add sparkle to the writing.

I too am a proud owner of a July batch white city iDtec VMT and am just loving it. I hope you wouldn't mind me posting a snap of my car in your thread.

The face is the index of the mind (and heart)
Attached Thumbnails
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-face.jpg  

anilagdr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 08:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Congratulations once again harsh , the car looks excellent in white.
I Agree parking sensors are one of the vitals in new city but they are somehow the only accessory that has been pending for the longest time in my car.
Thanks!
I will suggest to get the parking sensors from dealer itself. Difference isn't much and peace of mind is guaranteed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Harry,
Fantastic Review and congratulations on your tiger. Can you please share more details on how the connection was done like if Wire was spliced or connector was used, and where exactly was it joined, i.e right at the dome light or any wire near the door (under which body Panel?). Want to get this installed in my city but stopping just because local accessories store here wants to splice some wires which are running parallel to doors.
Thank You.
I wasn't there when he did the installation but from what he told me he didn't spliced any wires. Additional wires were added and connected directly to the dome light.
Don't let the accessory guy splice any wire as that will void the warranty of your car. Find an installer who can do it without cutting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
Congratulations and straight from the heart, you have been in love with the City for the entire past decade, buying another car would be injustice to your heart, even another product from Honda like Amaze, good you just went ahead with the City irrespective of time, money etc, the day you drove it off from the showroom must have been super special, wish you miles and miles of good times with your loved one.
This is a love story with a happy ending, Bollywood style.
Thank you mate.
You have hit the nail right on the head. I wouldn't have been satisfied with Amaze or Verna or any other one. In this case i have indeed let my heart rule the head. After all the heart wants what the heart wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Good to hear from another fellow City owner in town

I see Deepak Sehgal in your delivery image. This is the very same sales team that sold me my iDTEC V back in Feb. These guys also sold me the Jazz back in 2012.
Deepak wasn't my direct SA but i had talked to him during my several visits and he is a very nice chap. Will highly recommend him to others for their purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn09 View Post
Congratulations,awesome car,color and engine. Slightly off topic,I made a presentation on earth dreams engine for college.
Are you planning to change the wheels?Just my suggestion,a good set of alloys will look hot on your white city
Yes, An alloy and speakers upgrade is in the pipeline after i am done with the current priorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Congratulations !!!! Harry. White is the best looking even IMO.
I too initially thought of urban titanium however after seeing white in person changed my choice of color. I agree to your point that Sv is VFM.

I never knew about this feature in the new city. I mean did you change that IVRM to accommodate this feature.Was this a part of the package from the parking sensors.It definitely looks nice though and does not effect the visibility.

I too agree on this the wheel caps are definitely better looking.

Infact you highlighted this earlier as well on the official thread and I also found a news article sometime back from ACI which compliments your statement.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...er-389304.aspx

spot on.

Infact you gave the reason for the stiffer suspension as well .

Overall very well written and I should admit no matter how much I would have criticized the car or Honda for their short comings and behavior , my heart is still firmly planted on this car and I too love it.

Drive safe and keep us updated. Thanks again.

Cheers,
pdma.
Thanks buddy!
You did the right thing. After white i will recommend Golden brown which is also a very striking color when seen in person.
Sv is pure Vfm. V is for the ones not wanting to get things done from outside and VX is overpriced.

That isn't part of the city but part of parking sensors. Yes, the IRVM was changed for this. In fact the visibility is much better in this than the OEM IRVM.

See now we buyers are spoilt of choices with each car giving us something unique.
In this segment if we want pure driving pleasure get a Vento. If we want sheer engine power get a Verna. If we want awesome handling get a Fiesta. If we want an amalgamation of all of the above get a City

I haven't been able to find any major fault in the car till now. The only thing is headlight bulbs aren't adequate for highway driving which i plan to swap soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Congrats on your new White Tiger. I wish you a very joyful and long ownership that would do full justice to the passion with which you have acquired her.

Your maiden venture at writing an ownership review needs special commendation and the photos add sparkle to the writing.

I too am a proud owner of a July batch white city iDtec VMT and am just loving it. I hope you wouldn't mind me posting a snap of my car in your thread.

The face is the index of the mind (and heart)
Thanks for all the kind words.
Your city looks as beautiful as mine.
Hope we see an ownership review from you as well.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 8th August 2014 at 01:47. Reason: Removed 3rd smiley.
harry10 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 13:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

Many Congratulations Harry for the City.
The White colour looks royal on this sedan and is easy to maintain also.
Wish you lots of mile munching with the City.
Enjoy your ride and drive safe.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 15:59   #29
BHPian

Congratulations Harry! A very well written review. The white and silver really elevate the design of the city. The heavy chrome on the front is sedately masked on these colors. Wish you and happy and safe ownership experience.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 17:58   #30
BHPian

Congratulations on your new acquisition. It looks really majestic in White. Personally, I am not a fan of the XL sized chrome nose, but overall its an impressive face. Also, the recent trend of skipping on the under boot cladding is simply unacceptable, especially on a premium offering like the city.

Anyway, enjoy your ride and drive safe.
Burn_out is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed