Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2014, 03:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC

No moment is big or small, it’s the joy it gives which matters.

Joy of my life- White Tiger comes home.
Attached Thumbnails
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-t2.jpg  

My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-t1.jpg  

Last edited by harry10 : 5th August 2014 at 03:54.
harry10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 03:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC

Introduction-

First of all let me state i am not a technical person and all my limited technical knowledge is because of interacting on the forum itself. So, this is more like a layman’s review which I am hoping might help people who are considering City as their next car. Also, this is my first review of any of my cars (I am a lazy writer and pro active reader so do bear with me for any mistakes..)

The Journey so far-

I have always been fascinated with cars. Started driving when I was only 10 and that too on our first ever car which was an Ambassador (Rock solid is the apt word for it). For many people car is just a medium to go from point A to point B. Not for me. I take pleasure in driving and have done non-stop driving for 12-13 hours straight many times.

I had my first experience with Honda when I drove my friend’s city in 2002 around. Loved it and decided then and there I need to buy this car someday.
Come 2006 we wanted to buy a new car as Our Esteem has started showing its age. My opinion let’s get the City. However, as our running was like 80-90 km’s a day we needed a diesel so the idea of city got shelved and Indigo was bought.

In 2010 again we needed a new car. I again wanted to buy city and again i could not because it was still only in petrol and we needed a diesel. As my dad has excellent relationship with Tata A.S.S so we bought Manza instead.

In March 2013, I read in T-Bhp, Amaze will be launched on 11 April. Told my father about it and as we were toying with the idea of a second car, we decided to book it. Booked it on 18th April and were given a delivery period of 6 months which was fine for us as we were not in any hurry. Come Oct the SA called us that our car will be available for delivery any day. But by then the rumors of a new Honda city with a diesel engine launching by Dec-Jan had already started doing the rounds and my decade old dream resurfaced. So, we put our Amaze delivery on hold till City launches.

Jan 2014 City got launched. We had too many weddings in the family and near circle so had no time to go and check it out. Also I was a bit apprehensive as it was costing at least 4lac more than our initial budget of 7lac. Plus, the fact that Honda has put the same engine as in Amaze was a turn off as I was expecting a lot more power. Like as powerful as the engine in Verna.

Cars considered while choosing City-

Although my heart was with City my head has always stated to do a proper market research of all the options while buying any product of a similar value.
So, preferably in the same segment and price bracket I started short listing the cars which can be a better deal than City. My requirements in my new car (not in a particular preference)

Easy to drive- Most of my driving is in Delhi region. So, I was looking for a car which is easy to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. Whoever has driven a Dzire or Manza with the national engine knows how much a pain it is to drive in such traffic with turbo lag.

Fuel economy- will be driven at least 90-100 km a day. So, i needed a diesel with good fuel economy.

Good suspension and handling.- Comfort is really important due to high running.

Good legroom (being tall is a disadvantage at times). That’s why I love Manza cos of its space.

Looks- I guess most cars look good in this segment so exterior looks wasn’t much of a thought but shouldn’t be boring to look.

Safety features- Very important. ABS and Airbags is a must. I had experienced the effect of ABS in my Manza twice and avoided major accidents so I will suggest every prospective car buyer to always buy a car with ABS. Even if we would have stayed with buying of Amaze I would have gone for the higher model just to get airbags as additional safety.

Interiors- All the time is spent sitting inside so no matter how good looking exterior is if the interior is boring you will never be satisfied. That’s why I wasn’t happy with Amaze and discarded a few more choices.

Boot Space- Highly important. A good amount of boot space is a must due to our work related purposes.

Based on these criteria I made few choices to be considered.
No offence to any owners of these cars as it’s all my personal opinion.

1. Verna- Of course, the biggest competitor of city has to be the first one in consideration. I had driven it earlier and it’s a rocket but I find the handling not up to the mark and steering feedback was poor. In a straight line it’s a pleasure to drive. Best part of Hyundai is the gadgets they give. Fully loaded and it’s a good looking car. Honda seems to have copied the fluidic curves in new City for the side profile from verna itself. However, biggest negative for me was legroom which I find insufficient for me. Still, I liked it so it was in contention until I took a TD and it scraped thrice from bottom. That became a major concern.

2. Ecosport- Like the looks. Couldn’t TD it as bookings were closed and td car wasn’t available. So, there was no point in considering it.

3. XUV500- Yes, it’s not a sedan and is more expensive but I have always loved its looks and the drive is so much fun. Would have been my first choice however, my office is in Karolbagh and the parking is literally a nightmare there even for my Manza so parking XUV is simply out of question. Hence I had to drop it. Otherwise, I was really smitten by it.

4.- Rapid/Vento- As good looking and well built these both are I simply can’t afford dealing with Skoda/VW A.S.S. Moreover, I don’t believe with their current practice of treating customers like crap will last them out as a brand. Out of both I had driven Vento and let me say it beats all other cars in this segment when it comes to driving fun. Pity, I can never buy it.

5.- Fiesta Classic- A drivers car but I find it really outdated. No offence to any owners. So, wasn’t considered seriously but kept in options just for the heck of it.

6.- Duster- Always liked it’s looks. But the interiors aren’t that great and drive isn’t fun in any sense.

7.- Sunny- Exterior looks really weird. Drive is alright with some turbo lag. But the interiors are such a turn off. Boring is the right word. Except for space nothing is appealing about it.

Not mentioning about Etios/Dzire as they were optioned out during Amaze booking itself.
Out of the lot only Verna meets most of my preferences so it would be the preferred choice if I was disappointed with City TD.

City TD experience-

Done with weddings on 14 feb. So the coming Monday( it’s the only day of the week we can do test drive as others are all working days) 17 feb I went with my Dad to check out City. The idea was to just check it out and do an initial TD, then get back home and discuss if spending another 4 lac ( i can buy an entry level hatchback for that amount and it’s a significant figure for me) makes any sense.

Couldn’t check out the vehicle properly as SA was already outside with TD car knowing we are coming for it. They had VX and SV model in Td, out of which SV was available right then. So, I just went and sat in the driving seat. That was the turning point.

I am 6.1 so I need cars with ample leg room both in front and back. That’s why cramped cars like accent, dzire etc were never considered in our earlier car purchases. Also, I am spoiled by acres of space in Manza.

Interiors are impressive. Nice leg room, dash has a nice premium feeling and touch screen ACC is really cool to operate. Special mention to the seats as they are extremely comfortable. So, half my mind was made up. Now just have to see how the engine performs.

Things to check-

First thing I checked was Engine noise. It wasn’t as much as I anticipated but was quite audible. If I can live with the engine noise of Manza I could easily survive City.

Pick up- good and linear with no turbo lag, should be helpful in city driving. Gear shift is quite smooth. Handling – good, Ac – very good, Suspension – good, Brakes- very good, Ground clearance- checked on rough roads and speed breakers and didn’t scrapped even once. Most important ‘Kitna deti hai’ question- Excellent.

I might sound a bit biased towards City but it’s a fact Honda cars are a pleasure to drive. No nonsense stuff. Be it City, Civic or Accord. Most people who have driven them will agree. Toyota cars are as reliable and solid as Honda but I have always felt they aren’t as fun to drive.

All essential parameters were satisfied and as my father liked it as well so we gave the check for rest of the booking amount. Delivery stated – within 2-3 months so somewhere in May.

Now the question is which Variant. Before coming I had read complete details about the variants along with features comparison. VX is the top one but doesn’t deserve a premium of 1Lac over V variant. V was my first choice primarily as it had fog lamps, reverse camera, alloys(which looks pathetic to say the least), electric fold mirrors etc for just 50k more. However, as it was above 10lac ex showroom so the tax was higher and was costing around 80-90k more than SV. Still I wanted it but SA said delivery will be in Sep/Oct due to low production and high waiting period. So, decided to get SV. I was highly disappointed but consoled myself that I can add things like fog lamps, alloys and parking sensors etc later on.

Color booked was Red but when I saw the white in person it was strikingly beautiful so changed it to white after 2 days. White was also the color preference of my parents so all in all we agreed on it unanimously. Also, as GTO stated in his official review the design and curves looks more distinguished in light shades like Silver and White.

Booking and Delivery Experience-

It’s a long one so will keep it short and state only the relevant ones. On 30 May we went to the showroom to confirm the delivery date. SA said they will get one in White color next week so we may start the loan procedure. My father opted for HDFC due to his existing relationship with them but due to some reason it got delayed and when it was cleared by 14 May the car was given to someone else.

I was miffed with SA as he didn’t even informed us that car is available and without letting us know gave it to someone else.
So, we went straight to the GM sales and he assured us there will be a white color coming in the schedule of 2 July. Confirmed with him on 3rd and he told us we can take delivery by 11th july. Got a call from him on 11th that it’s in transit and will arrive soon. On 14th july while coming back from work we thought of stopping at the showroom and confirm fixed date of delivery. Met SA and he said car has arrived in the yard yesterday evening and if we want he can give delivery in 1 hour. It was 4pm already. Common sense stated to take it in morning but it was a very auspicious day. Consulted with my Mom and after her approval we agreed to wait and take delivery that day itself.

It took them 25 minutes to install reverse sensors and another 45 minutes for other formalities. After washing and fixing of temp plates etc it was 6.00 already. I did PDI in 20-25 minutes. Then the GM himself came to deliver it and finally I was out with my new Love
Overall booking experience was average but delivery experience was good.

Damage to the wallet

Ex showroom- 954900
Logistics- 6250-
Insurance- 26500(including zero dep taken from HDFC itself)
Registration- 60494
Extended warranty- 11800
Roadside assistance- 2900
Parking sensors- 4500
Total- 10,67,344
Dealer- Classic Honda

First look in the washing area
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140714_173129.jpg

My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140714_173305.jpg

Tripmeter at the time of delivery
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140714_181348.jpg

Taking delivery
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-addddd.jpg

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 8th August 2014 at 01:49. Reason: 3 smileys again. Please restrict to two per post!
harry10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 15:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

The 1.5L I-Dtec Diesel engine

Engine bay.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_172103.jpg

Thoughtful name. Whoever came with has done a brilliant job
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_172051.jpg

No expert in batteries but i have been told Amarons are really reliable and last long.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_172112.jpg

I was familiar with the engine having test driven Amaze. That's why I was apprehensive of its 100 bhp engine. Will it be powerful enough as City is a much bigger car than Amaze? The answer is a resounding- Yes! It’s a breeze to drive. No turbo lag which is a blessing in city driving.
Detailed analysis-

Power delivery- is linear and don’t expect a whooosh like feeling when turbo kicks in like it does in Vento. Just a tap and you can overtake any car.

Gear shift- is smooth but 3rd generation was better. It took me some time to get used to the 6th gear but it’s quite handy in cruising at good speeds and delivering good fuel economy. Gear ratios are well thought of. You can easily move from a speed of 10 in 2rd gear which is highly useful in bumper to bumper traffic.

Engine noise-There is a big difference in the engine noise of TD car and my car. Let’s say the noise is at least 40% less. It’s a July manufactured so probably Honda has done something to reduce engine noise in new batches. Of course it’s a diesel so a bit of noise will certainly creep in but if the music system is on you won’t even hear any engine noise. Not tested above 2k rpm yet.

Refinement and ease of driving is so good that the very next day when I had to drive our Manza it got stalled twice. I am Spoiled now .

In Nutshell it’s excellent for city driving and highway cruising but won’t win any awards in drag races.

Ride and Handling-

• Suspension is on a stiffer side but ride quality is comfortable. It takes all small potholes with ease but you will the feel bigger ones. It could have been better.

• Steering is extremely good to hold and easy to operate. Manouvering in city traffic is piece of cake and is pretty helpful while parking in tight spaces. Steering feedback isn’t like a Fiesta but acceptable.

• Turning radius is 5.3 meter which is quite useful in tight spaces. In comparison my Manza literally turns like a bloated tank.

• Handling is very good. Till now I have driven it once till 110kmph and haven’t crossed 2k rpm due to running in period. It felt stable at that speed.

• Tyres- I was lucky to get Michelin Energy XM1 as stock tyres and they might be helping in the good handling department. I haven’t done any hard cornering yet but at speeds of 50-70kmph its confidence aspiring.

• Ground clearance is very good. With 5 passengers and at least 120 kgs in the boot it never scraped on any speed breaker.

• Brakes are excellent. While coming back from Meerut near Anand Vihar at a red light an Auto driver jumped the red light and came straight in front of me. I was doing 70-80kmph and had to brake hard and ABS must have kicked in as I steered it a bit to avoid hitting the auto. Divine intervention, sixth sense and good brakes were a life saver that day.

Last edited by harry10 : 5th August 2014 at 15:54.
harry10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 15:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

Exterior-

In one word it’s really Beautiful.
Will let the pictures do the talking for this.

The Imposing front.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_171359.jpg

The BMWish stylish and sexy back. IMO its the best looking in the segment and above.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_171634.jpg

Moustache chrome grill. It grows on you and looks much better in white and black colors
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170207.jpg

Fluidic lines are very much apparent in the side profile.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_171443.jpg

Classy looking headlamps. Bulbs could have been better but the looks are fantastic.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170152.jpg

Engine guard is a very essential add on in our conditions. Well done Honda!
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140805_131825.jpg

Wipers do the job very well. Twin type washer nozzles have been placed accurately and thankfully not on the bonnet.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140805_131750.jpg

Shark fin antenna looks really good. Thank you BMW
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_174112.jpg

Nicely designed ORVM. The black part is i guess of rubber and protects the orvm from objects hitting it. Also, SV doesn't get turn indicators on orvm which isn't a big miss
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170231.jpg

Gripe is they don't close well enough and cos of that are still prone to getting scratched.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170239.jpg

However, they are quite wide and does a decent job.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140805_131614.jpg

Honda badge with Rear Tail Lights which looks smashingly good.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170020.jpg

Confirming its SV variant and a diesel engine.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170034.jpg

Parking sensors are a must. Body colored and works extremely well.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170012.jpg

Integrated in the IRVM. Tells the distance and also voice commands to make sure rear parking is safe.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140725_174355.jpg

I was one of the lucky ones to get Michelins as stock. Excellent tyres with no noise.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_171343.jpg

SV comes with these wheel covers. Really looks good and i daresay better than the ridiculous alloys in V and VX. Also notice the cost cutting measure by not providing any cladding for the wheels. Looks ugly.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_172836.jpg

Exhaust pipe is not visible from behind.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140805_131850.jpg
harry10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 16:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Interior-

As much as I have always admired City from 1st generation onwards I had always loathed it for giving average interiors and below par features in its segment. When I heard about the new city launch I had prepared myself mentally of getting the below par interiors due to it’s history. I was in for a surprise. Pictures don’t do it justice. Sit in it and you will surely feel sitting in a premium sedan.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140805_141501.jpg

Highlights-

• The blend of beige, black and silver are a perfect combination. The cockpit design is done in such a way that all controls are slightly inclined towards the driver. Quite useful.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170358.jpg

• Golf style Gear knob is good to hold and better looking than the leather one in VX.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140718_170918.jpg

• Piano black finish is excellent. It’s a dust magnet so have to clean everyday with a Micro fiber cloth.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140718_170947.jpg

• AC vents look classy with a touch of chrome. The weird thing being all 3 vents look different given a closer look.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140728_175010.jpg

• ACC is the best part of interiors. A segment first touch screen is not just classy looking but highly friendly to operate. AC is bone chilling. Outside Temperature has been in the range of 35-40 degree since I took delivery. Takes it 5 minutes to cool the cabin. In daytime I keep the ACC on 19-20 and in night it’s on 23-24. The benchmark for AC cooling for me has been Fiesta and new City easily matches and dare say surpass it at times. Many owners have stated they have to take eyes off from road while operating which is indeed true but hardly takes a second.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140728_175224.jpg

• The 3.5 inch Music system looks good. V and VX gets a 5 inch one which looks better but has an average UI so I don’t feel we missed on something great. It’s very easy to operate without the need of a manual. Speaker quality is average and will definitely be upgraded as and when I can.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140728_175200.jpg

• Seats are very good. Maximum I had drove for 2.45 hours on a stretch and didn’t felt any back pain or uncomfortable feeling. I haven’t tested the back seats as I am always in the front one. Front seat have a bucket like feeling and my Mom liked them very much. Under thigh support is adequate.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170458.jpg

• Seat height adjustment is a good feature to have which I don’t need due to my good height but will be really helpful to short drivers.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_171029.jpg

• Windows are big and wide and provide a very airy feel to the cabin. You will never feel a tinge of claustrophobia in this car.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_171715.jpg

• Rear end visibility is pathetic. No way any one can do a safe reverse without the help of a rear sensor or camera. It is a must to have and was the first accessory I got installed from the dealer itself.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140805_131057.jpg

• Cruise control buttons and speaker buttons are easy to operate. Mute button is seriously missed.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140718_170155.jpg
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140718_170222.jpg

• Neatly placed bluetooth buttons are easy to use. Haven’t used Bluetooth till now. I don’t feel comfortable using car Bluetooth as there is always someone travelling with me so my Jawbone Bluetooth is sufficient. Even in Manza I had used it once. Will check this one surely just for the review purpose.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140805_131418.jpg

• Steering is easy to hold and tilt adjustment has a good range. Horn is strictly OK to hear and you need to stretch your thumb to press the horn pad. Will definitely look for an upgrade.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140728_175634.jpg

• Center armrest is really comfortable and helpful for tall people like me. However, for short drivers it’s useless as it’s fixed and I don’t see their elbow reaching it to rest. Good space to keep mobiles etc.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170739.jpg
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170722.jpg

• Clutch, brake and accelerator pedals are easy to use with enough space. Sore point is no dead pedal which is very essential and badly missed.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140805_131247.jpg

• Instrument console is easy to read even under the direct harsh sunlight. Blue dials are smashing. MID is very easy to operate. Temperature gauge is missing and could have been useful.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140722_004318444.jpg

• Don’t know why Honda gave fixed neck rests in the rear seat when the front ones are adjustable.
Attached Thumbnails
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_171055.jpg  

harry10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 21:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Few Other Prominent Things-

• No height adjustment for seatbelts.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140805_131303.jpg

• Coat hook at the rear grab handle is highly useful for someone like me
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140805_131504.jpg

• No Map light in SV. Ridiculous omission by Honda. It’s not a feature but a must to have necessity in all variants.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140805_131158.jpg

• No tweeter in SV but can be easily installed in the space provided.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140805_131042.jpg

• Beam adjustment switch and Storage space box which is highly useful in keeping toll receipts, small change etc.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140805_130925.jpg

• Headlight stalk. Beam adjustment should have been integrated in it for the practical purpose.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140805_131029.jpg

• Wiper stalk are only 3 speed. Manza gets a 6 speed which is very handy.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140805_131024.jpg

• Illuminated scuff plates. Front and Rear.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_224342.jpg
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140722_203516.jpg

• Black dashboard doesn’t gives any reflection on the windscreen.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_173304.jpg

• Tilt steering lever is located way below and hard to reach.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_173153.jpg

• Charging point and Usb slot. Aux is shifted to below of music system. In V and VX rear ac vents also get 2 charging sockets which are missing in SV. Yes,its the tiniest 16gb pen drive neatly hidden under the usb slot.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140728_175250.jpg
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140728_175303.jpg

• 1 Litre bottle is a good fit. Second pocket can be used for keeping papers etc.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170825.jpg

• Glove box is adequate but no locking system which is a big omission. Manza had a glove box lock and it’s very handy in keeping documents etc safe. Also in India a cooled Glove box is a must which is missing here.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140805_131324.jpg

• Power window switches are good in quality with a one touch up/down feature only for the driving side. Would have been better if all were illuminated.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140728_174942.jpg

• Electrically adjustable ORVM’s are a boon but I really miss the foldable option available in V and VX.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140728_175448.jpg

• Fuel lid release and bonnet release levers are located quite close to each other and one can easily open the bonnet by mistake while opening the fuel lid. A better place for them would have been appreciated.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170927.jpg

• Handbrake is effective and my 4.7 inch Nexus 4 can easily be placed under it while charging.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170712.jpg

• Passenger side sunvisor has a vanity mirror but nothing on driver side. No light in passenger side mirror.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_173334.jpg
harry10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 21:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

• Humongous 510 litre boot space.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_172302.jpg

• No cover for the boot lid. Latest cost cutting measure adopted by manufacturers and looks real ugly for a car in this segment.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_172245.jpg

• Sound insulation cover.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_172201.jpg

• Rear AC vents works well but plastic isn’t of good quality and looks like won’t age well.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_171830.jpg

• Center armrest has different size cup holders. Maybe one for coffee and another for tea.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_171806.jpg

• Close look at the fixed neck restraints. Middle passenger gets nothing.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_171752.jpg

• City has only been in petrol since ages. That’s why 3 stamps are there so petrol pump attendant doesn’t gets confused.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_171615.jpg

• Wide opening rear doors make ingress and egress easy.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_171245.jpg

• Lots of legroom in the rear. Driving seat is fully back. Under thigh support is average for tall people but good for short ones.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_171231.jpg

• Front door can open more but there wasn’t enough space left to open it.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_171123.jpg

• Black and beige combination looks good on side doors but a pain to maintain.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170812.jpg

• 2 Cup holders just below the usb slot. My shalden car perfume is in one of them. Extremely good perfume.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170752.jpg

• Dumble size neck rests are extremely good to use and highly recommended
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170440.jpg.

• 3d floor mats.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140722_181838.jpg

• Honda gives buttons on only one key where as in Manza both keys get buttons.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140730_150827.jpg

• This pic illustrates why I can never buy XUV500. Parking is near my office and both Santro’s did a great job boxing my car in. How I entered the car in such a situation is a different story altogether.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140801_131731.jpg

• Received this gift from Honda after 10 days of delivery. Funny thing is I received the same gift box again today morning. Honda must be really liking me.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140730_150925.jpg
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140730_150946.jpg

• Night shot of the interiors.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140722_004445.jpg
harry10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 22:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

• Auto driver scraped the left bumper on a red light crossing. Honda said they will paint whole panel and will cost 1500-2000 bucks. I gave 50 bucks to my painter and he did a fine job of concealing it.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140725_162305.jpg
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140728_125205.jpg

• Panel gaps are fine but could have been better.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170053.jpg
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_170123.jpg

• Displays this as soon as Audio system is powered on.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140718_171053.jpg

• All necessary contact numbers for the dealership.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140724_154301.jpg

• With parking lights on.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140804_224459.jpg

• Spare wheel is neatly tucked in the boot.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140805_131716.jpg

Fuel Economy

• First Tankful
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140721_143717.jpg

• Second Tankful
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140728_174908.jpg

• Maximum FE I got from my house to Meerut.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140719_123808.jpg

• Overall FE for the Meerut trip.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140719_162446.jpg

• Best in city FE from my house to my office in Karol bagh.
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140727_111728.jpg

And the Final parting shot in our drive in of Me and my Tiger!
My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC-img_20140803_121701.jpg

Special Thanks to-

My father for his unconditional support.
GTO for his extraordinarily detailed Honda City official Review.
Bhpians with their invaluable inputs- RavenAvi, Neel911, //M, Vsrivatsa, RocketScience

Until next time..
Cheers
Harsh
harry10 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 14:59   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My White Tiger: 2014 Honda City i-DTEC

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 6th August 2014, 15:06   #10
BHPian

Congratulations Harsh on the car, i too own a white city but of the previous generation. Bought it from the same dealer in Faridabad.
Wishing you million miles of happiness with the new car !
Old 6th August 2014, 15:43   #11
BHPian

Congratulations once again. Very detailed review of the SV variant and will give the readers better details of whats in and whats missing. This white tiger is going to be spotted well on roads
Old 6th August 2014, 15:44   #12
JLS
BHPian

Congratulation harry10 for your new car and also congratulations for writing this excellent and detailed review.
Your review stands out among many others because you have taken pain to write meaningful and useful comments with each picture.
Regards,
JLS
Old 6th August 2014, 15:52   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the great choice that you made. Certainly among the best in the segment. I see that you have installed a reverse camera in your car at your dealer's place. How much did you pay for it? I feel that it is a must have gadget for the car as the view from the windshield is not that great. The V variant does have the parking camera, however a premium of 60K for a camera and a few other goodies is on the higher side. Wished that they provided better alloys with the car. However, electrically foldable OVRM is a great accessory to have which you seem to miss too.

Congrats once again and great job of compiling a good report.

Regards.
Old 6th August 2014, 16:02   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Special Thanks to-

My father for his unconditional support.
GTO for his extraordinarily detailed Honda City official Review.
Bhpians with their invaluable inputs- RavenAvi, Neel911, //M, Vsrivatsa, RocketScience

Until next time..
Cheers
Harsh
Nice Review Harry. All the very best. Keep updating the thread.

I too will be updating about my SV-iDTEC soon....
Old 6th August 2014, 16:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Congratulations Harsh on the car, i too own a white city but of the previous generation. Bought it from the same dealer in Faridabad.
Wishing you million miles of happiness with the new car !
Thanks!
IMO white looks best on city with all its styling coming to the full view.
As you have the 3rd generation city from Classic Honda i assume you go to them only for the service. Are you satisfied with the service there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post
Congratulations once again. Very detailed review of the SV variant and will give the readers better details of whats in and whats missing. This white tiger is going to be spotted well on roads
Thanks!
That was my primary motive so people can know the difference between SV and V variants in case they had to switch booking due to high waiting periods.
Honestly, i only miss the option of folding ORVM electrically in V. Otherwise stuff as alloys, fog lamps can be easily fitted from outside later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Congratulation harry10 for your new car and also congratulations for writing this excellent and detailed review.
Your review stands out among many others because you have taken pain to write meaningful and useful comments with each picture.
Regards,
JLS
Thank you!
Glad to see you liked the review. Being a first time writer i was apprehensive if it will be up to the forum's standard.

Also, i do apologize for pic quality in some pics as all have been clicked by my humble Nexus 4 cam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Congratulations on the great choice that you made. Certainly among the best in the segment. I see that you have installed a reverse camera in your car at your dealer's place. How much did you pay for it? I feel that it is a must have gadget for the car as the view from the windshield is not that great. The V variant does have the parking camera, however a premium of 60K for a camera and a few other goodies is on the higher side. Wished that they provided better alloys with the car. However, electrically foldable OVRM is a great accessory to have which you seem to miss too.

Congrats once again and great job of compiling a good report.

Regards.
Thanks saket.
It's reverse sensors and not the camera. Along with the voice commands it shows distance remaining behind in the IRVM. IMHO they are absolutely needed as rear visibility is pathetic and you can't judge the distance while parking.
They were for 5400. I paid 4500 after discount.

I am actually glad i was saved from those horrendous alloys in V and VX. Will be getting a good after market ones later on.
You are right. But, the cost is not just 60k. In Haryana Tax is 6% till 10 Lac and after 10 Lac it will be 8 % so a 26k increase there and factor in the interest cost as well so it gets close to 1 Lac difference. All the missing accessories can easily be done in 40k budget. So on a bright side its a saving of 60k and only foldable mirrors will be let out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Nice Review Harry. All the very best. Keep updating the thread.

I too will be updating about my SV-iDTEC soon....
Thank You.
Will surely like to see the view point of another SV owner.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed